Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Venom Snake posted:

okay so everyone except that dude

I will say that the GW supporters I've seen seem to be doing it out of a sense of necessity after blowing that much money on plastic dolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
3D printing is going to be the death of GW, a death that's been a long time loving coming.

eviltastic posted:

If you've never met a conservative 40k fan, you're lucky. Whenever John Ringo's name gets dropped, get away quick.

Iv met people who liked 40k that had ~bad opinions~ about stuff, but were in general nice people and not hateful. Having money to spend on toys is a privileged, sometimes privileged people say or do dumb bad things.

No war but class war and all that

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Venom Snake posted:

3D printing is going to be the death of GW, a death that's been a long time loving coming.

lol no it's not

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

someone finding a super cheap way of making silicone rubber and thermoset plastic could kill GW though

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

nutranurse posted:

hey man im not the one randomly calling people hipster derisively

Plus for God's sake, the guy's wearing loving denim jorts and moccasins. I don't care if that's not what hipsters are wearing nowadays; nobody but a hipster would wear that.:colbert:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Venom Snake posted:

Iv met people who liked 40k that had ~bad opinions~ about stuff, but were in general nice people and not hateful. Having money to spend on toys is a privileged, sometimes privileged people say or do dumb bad things.

No war but class war and all that

It really isn't. GW will have either gotten their poo poo together or be dead already by the time en masse 3d printing is widely available

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Majorian posted:

Plus for God's sake, the guy's wearing loving denim jorts and moccasins. I don't care if that's not what hipsters are wearing nowadays; nobody but a hipster would wear that.:colbert:

lol those are boatshoes and everyone wears shorts (and yes in denim :aaa:) these days, GET WITH THE TIMES OLD MAN

you prolly have a real goony fashion sense

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

nutranurse posted:

lol those are boatshoes and everyone wears shorts (and yes in denim :aaa:) these days, GET WITH THE TIMES OLD MAN

Oh please. You're being willfully blind. I think this is a pretty clear case of the dude in the picture being a hipster who's unironically behind the times.

quote:

you prolly have a real goony fashion sense

LOL, if you think jorts are acceptable, I don't think you're in much of a position to be lobbing that accusation!

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Literally The Worst posted:

The God Emperor being literally Jesus and also brown is my favorite part of 40k that isn't ridiculous poo poo

wait isn't he also Hitler though

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Majorian posted:

Oh please. You're being willfully blind. I think this is a pretty clear case of the dude in the picture being a hipster who's unironically behind the times.

he's the v height of "boring white guy" fashion

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Majorian posted:

LOL, if you think jorts are acceptable, I don't think you're in much of a position to be lobbing that accusation!

you can wear shorts these days made out of any material so long as theyre not, like, grossly high cutoffs (if youre a guy)

those shorts are seriously just plain ol grey shorts, dunno where youre getting the jorts thing from. google jorts to see the diff

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
Help I'm literally trapped at a freeway exit

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

do they not have enough pockets for you? would you rather them be cargo. i bet you own several cargo shorts.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

nutranurse posted:

you can wear shorts these days made out of any material so long as theyre not, like, grossly high cutoffs (if youre a guy)

Oh, you can wear jorts, sure.

If you want to be a disgusting goony-goon.:smug:

quote:

those shorts are seriously just plain ol grey shorts, dunno where youre getting the jorts thing from. google jorts to see the diff

They look denim to me.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

^^^: mind you, youre also the dude who confused boat shoes for moccasins so i dunno if youre fashion eye's up to snuff

ur a real weak troll majorian. gnite

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Yes, go ahead and run away, jort-wearer.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 26, 2015

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

PupsOfWar posted:

wait isn't he also Hitler though

he's whoever you want him to be that's the point.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The God Emperor being literally Jesus and also brown is my favorite part of 40k that isn't ridiculous poo poo

This might be the sort of thing where there are black and white and Asian versions of Jesus, and it's the same with the Emperor.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
40k and jorts reminds me: anyone who has cause to be in Arkansas should try to make time to visit the Thorncrown Chapel, it is a compelling place especially if you can tune out the other tourists and such.

Also it's near Eureka Springs, which is a cool place.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Swan Oat posted:

Help I'm literally trapped at a freeway exit

Why are goons arguing about jorts and Warhammer while one of our own is struggling through deadly peril?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Why are goons arguing about jorts and Warhammer while one of our own is struggling through deadly peril?

because we could be mocking him for having to work, and work late on Memorial Day instead

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I'm just glad I brought my car phone charger

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

It will make Swan Oat stronger.

Also I don't know anything about the freeways in his city and know even less about WH, so hipsters it is.

e: Is anybody outside of California seeing these bullshit "click it or ticket" ads where the young couple is looking at houses and then gets t-boned and the guy gets ejected out of the front window?

Majorian fucked around with this message at 07:00 on May 26, 2015

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Majorian posted:

This might be the sort of thing where there are black and white and Asian versions of Jesus, and it's the same with the Emperor.

No there's one emperor to suggest otherwise is heresy and he is originally from the Middle East, like canonically

Dude is brown

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Swan Oat brought this upon himself.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

No there's one emperor to suggest otherwise is heresy and he is originally from the Middle East, like canonically

Dude is brown

Your game is dumb.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Majorian posted:

Your game is dumb.

It's a pretty poo poo game yeah that's why I have never played it

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Droning is what you are doing in this thread. Planing is using a plane (tool) to smooth a flat surface of a piece of wood, like your posts do to our brains.

lol

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
I think there's a short story where people do project poo poo onto the emperor and it's unclear to the citizens what he actually looks like, but yeah, dude's supposed to be a Turk.

eviltastic posted:

Thorncrown Chapel

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The worst thing in the world is thinking you have to fart but the fart basically turns out to be a water balloon of poop

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

PupsOfWar posted:

Swan Oat brought this upon himself.

I didn't call down this rain!

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Well that's my limit, good night chat thread.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I had to go actual pages back to look up this dumb picture y'all are arguing about and the dude looks fine, by the immortal brown Emperor y'all olds have some dumb clothing opinions

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Swan Oat posted:

I didn't call down this rain!

the moment you dared to be born in Texas, you consigned yourself to share the fate of that fallen nation

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

PupsOfWar posted:

the moment you dared to be born in Texas, you consigned yourself to share the fate of that fallen nation

What if I told you... that I was not born in Texas

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

nutranurse posted:

ive never actually seen the original conan movie :shrug:

JESUS CHRIST first warsz han't seen seven samurai, now this

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Chantilly Say posted:

I had to go actual pages back to look up this dumb picture y'all are arguing about and the dude looks fine, by the immortal brown Emperor y'all olds have some dumb clothing opinions

I'll bet this is what you wear:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
also the I/P thread is now a grave because of the sacrifice of al-saqr

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

SedanChair posted:

warsz han't seen seven samurai

Unacceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Majorian posted:

I'll bet this is what you wear:

I'm literally wearing denim shorts today irl.

• Locked thread