Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

PubicMice posted:

what's a nursery rhyme? :confused:

That's some black metal poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

PubicMice posted:

3 things.

1) great username/post combo
2) is a "nursery rhyme" what Lil' Bow Wow used to do before he got old?
3) what's a joke? :confused:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

do Australians call ketchup packets tomato squeezies

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

FlyinPingu posted:

They say brekkie instead of breakfast, so probably.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

FlyinPingu posted:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

your country disgusts me

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

FlyinPingu posted:

your country disgusts me

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

PubicMice posted:

e:The true face of Chicago

:commissar:

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

Would, but I wouldn't be proud of myself afterwards.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
You motherfucker. Bringing hot dogs into this thread. DO YOU KNOW THE HELL YOU HATH UNLEASHED!

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

SomeJazzyRat posted:

You motherfucker. Bringing hot dogs into this thread. DO YOU KNOW THE HELL YOU HATH UNLEASHED!

there are no hot dog rules you goddamn hot dog hitler

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

This is the funniest loving thing to me right now.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

This is the funniest loving thing to me right now.

e: actually that picture looks a lot better than what it does in real life. korean style pizza bread always has a greasy sheen, smells like sweet vomit, and tastes like it too.

Futaba Anzu has a new favorite as of 09:47 on May 26, 2015

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Hot dogs? Chicago? Okay, sure, let's just post the Mighty Dog video again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2wKmRH6DU

WOULD

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

PubicMice posted:

there are no hot dog rules you goddamn hot dog hitler

Is this guy eating hotdogs on a bathroom floor?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Meatwave posted:

Is this guy eating hotdogs on a bathroom floor?

Not even a animal would do that

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

PubicMice posted:

e:The true face of Chicago

i can tell this isn't really a chicago dog because there isn't a loving salad on a bun

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

pandaK posted:

e: actually that picture looks a lot better than what it does in real life. korean style pizza bread always has a greasy sheen, smells like sweet vomit, and tastes like it too.

This looks like a home made garlic twist from Brumby's.

Edit: Hotdog fans: I have never eaten a hotdog that wasn't a) Wendy's (Australian Wendy's) which is quite enjoyable if pricy or b) the classic thin beef/pork sausage on a piece of bread with some sauce/mustard and maybe some onions.

What constitutes a good/real hotdog? I have always been somewhat interested in trying the "chilli dog" which looks like a hotdog with some chilli con carne in the bun.

Gridlocked has a new favorite as of 10:19 on May 26, 2015

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Gridlocked posted:

What constitutes a good/real hotdog?

The best hotdog isn't a hotdog.

Milky Joe
Feb 21, 2007

Comin atcha like a beam, like a ray, like a rooster, like a goose trapped in the rafters of a barn in Shropshire

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

That's creamed peas on toast. It doesn't photograph well, but it's awesome and delicious.

https://youtu.be/GLuq1mbx7vA

Chocolate cheesy peas

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Neo_Crimson posted:

That's because onions and garlic are near exclusively used to season meat dishes in Indian cuisine. So they're considered non-vegetarian by proxy. On certain holidays Indians will abstain from these as well as animal by-products.

It gets way crazy, this is just from wikipedia but I know some Jains and yeah it's this serious:

quote:

Traditionally Jains have been prohibited from drinking unfiltered water. In the past, when stepwells were used for the water source, the cloth used for filtering was reversed, and some filtered water poured over it to return the organisms to the original body of water. This practice of jivani or bilchavani is no longer possible because of the use of pipes for water supply. Modern Jains may also filter tap water in the traditional fashion and a few continue to follow the filtering process even with commercial mineral or bottled drinking water.

Jains make considerable efforts not to injure plants in everyday life as far as possible. Jains only accept such violence inasmuch as it is indispensable for human survival, and there are special instructions for preventing unnecessary violence against plants.[11] Strict Jains don’t eat root vegetables such as potatoes, onions, roots and tubers, because such root vegetables are considered ananthkay. Ananthkay means one body, but containing countless lives. A regular vegetable such as cabbage has number of leaves and lives as could be counted by a layman. However, a root vegetable such as potato, though from the looks of it is one article, is said to contain multiple lives ('ekindriya') in it. Also, tiny life forms are injured when the plant is pulled up and because the bulb is seen as a living being, as it is able to sprout.[12] Also, consumption of most root vegetables involves uprooting and killing the entire plant. Whereas consumption of most terrestrial vegetables doesn't kill the plant (it lives on after plucking the vegetables or it was seasonally supposed to wither away anyway).

Mushrooms, Fungus and Yeasts are forbidden because they are parasites, grow in non-hygienic environments and may harbour other life forms. Alfalfa is the only known plantae that contains vitamin D2 source they can use or make vitamin D2 supplements from.

Honey is forbidden, as its collection would amount to violence against the bees.[13]

Food items that have started to decay are prohibited.

Traditionally cooking or eating at night was discouraged because insects are attracted to the lamps or fire at night. Strict Jains take the anastamita or anthai vow of not eating after sunset.

Strict Jains do not consume food that has been stored overnight, as it possesses a higher concentration of micro-organisms (for example, bacteria, yeast etc.) as compared to food prepared and consumed the same day. Hence, they do not consume yogurt or dhokla & idli batter unless they've been freshly set on the same day.

Jainism: the sweetest religion. It's pretty amazing that a lot of people have kept this going for thousands of years. Hell of dedication but no way could I imagine being this strict about my daily life.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Holy poo poo. That's some real dedication.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Hot Dogs:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

beato posted:

Hot Dogs:

Those are all amazing looking and would totally eat all of them

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Would. All of them. No hesitation.

Not all at once though

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

I would dogpile that dog pile.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Welp that's my next 40 lunches taken care of.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Would. All of them. No hesitation.

Not all at once though

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
If I ever open my own's Doobie's Dog House franchise I will just print that off glossy and use it as my menu. Turns out you can't actually ruin a hot dog no matter what the hot dog Hitlers say. I don't like plain hot dogs that much so it's almost the same as pizza for me. It's just a vehicle for piles of other crazy ingredients. That's right, gonna pile anchovies on a hot dog.

edit: Tried to find a picture of a hot dog with anchovies. The internet has failed me. That's how much it doesn't exist as a thing. Nobody even wants to beat off to it.

ErIog has a new favorite as of 13:07 on May 26, 2015

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Confusingly, the hot dog of choice in Michigan is not the Michigan, but the Coney. The Michigan is popular in upstate New York (and Coney Island). :iiam:

e: And we don't put cheddar on Coneys, either. Another mystery.

Hirayuki has a new favorite as of 13:08 on May 26, 2015

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
I personally think that a normal rear end hot dog kinda sucks, but if you tell me that you are doing something crazy with it topping-wise I suddenly want one. There is this one Korean hot dog place nearby me that does poo poo like Bulgogi Dog's and Peach Shrimp Dog's, and holy poo poo do they own. Also seeing as it is Canada they also have some variants on Poutine like the Kimchi Pork Poutine.

Seriously look at this poo poo:

It is all so good.

Black Mage Knight has a new favorite as of 13:22 on May 26, 2015

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

ErIog posted:

If I ever open my own's Doobie's Dog House franchise I will just print that off glossy and use it as my menu. Turns out you can't actually ruin a hot dog no matter what the hot dog Hitlers say. I don't like plain hot dogs that much so it's almost the same as pizza for me. It's just a vehicle for piles of other crazy ingredients. That's right, gonna pile anchovies on a hot dog.

Sounds good man gently caress the hot dog hitlers, dogs and fish can coexist in one bun and no man shall stop them.

There used to be this really good hot dog place near my apartment. The best ones were the chicago style hot dogs, pesto/cheese dogs, and the "tokyo dog" which had seaweed and bonito flakes and wasabi on it. But it closed down like two months after I discovered it :argh:

Look at this poo poo, it was amazing:

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/the-dog-pit-san-francisco?select=yeJLzPe9pthC2D9R2zv_Jw#i_pWFcx9_Vr8AeU4M8kH-Q

Rah! has a new favorite as of 13:22 on May 26, 2015

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Black Mage Knight posted:

I personally think that a normal rear end hot dog kinda sucks, but if you tell me that you are doing something crazy with it topping-wise I suddenly want one. There is this one Korean hot dog place nearby me that does poo poo like Bulgogi Dog's and Peach Shrimp Dog's, and holy poo poo do they own. Also seeing as it is Canada they also have some variants on Poutine like the Kimchi Pork Poutine.

Seriously look at this poo poo:

It is all so good.

Agreed.

"Widowmaker a 24 inch hot dog with smoked brisket chilli and all sorts of other stuff"

From Solita in Manchester UK.

VV I think Burger's are this place's main dish.
http://www.solita.co.uk/workspace/uploads/menus/solita-menu-jan-2015-54ef96e31a0d2.pdf

beato has a new favorite as of 13:34 on May 26, 2015

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

My experience is that dedicated hot dog places seldom survive very long, especially if they try to go gourmet :(

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

PubicMice posted:

there is not hot dog god

The all-bread hotdog is pretty funny, but the one that looks like it's topped in two pounds of custard made me yak

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

NotAnArtist posted:

The all-bread hotdog is pretty funny, but the one that looks like it's topped in two pounds of custard made me yak

it's mashed potato :ssh:

ErIog posted:

Turns out you can't actually ruin a hot dog no matter what the hot dog Hitlers say.

oh it's on now

Lysdexique
Sep 12, 2010

Let me give you some advice, little buddy.

PubicMice posted:

oh it's on now

That is the poorest attempt at a 30 rock Cheesy Blaster I have ever seen.

I don't see a single trace of Jack cheese in there!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm sorry, but all these sausage rolls are wrong on the most basic level. :colbert:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

PubicMice posted:

oh it's on now

I've done similar to this before when I had sausages, beans, cheese and a bunch of wraps that were reaching the point of needing to be thrown out.

It was triple layered and delicious :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Tree Goat posted:

There's a haute cuisine version using whole figs, mushrooms, and a dried tofu "body"

Jesus. If I were served that, I'd certainly hide my face in shame just like the classic dish.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ortolan_bunting#Gastronomy

• Locked thread