Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Whizbang posted:

As an American, I'm pretty sure he has a British accent.

I thought he was German.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Born in New Zealand, Bennett's mother was an Australian bikini model, his father a New Zealand singer.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
No, you have their jobs switched.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
http://io9.com/arrow-lost-its-big-harley-quinn-plans-because-of-the-su-1706729630

Willa Holland confirmed what was already suspected. That there were plans in Arrow for a Harley Quinn plot, that got suddenly and abruptly dropped by DC in favor of the Suicide Squad movie.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

I dont know posted:

http://io9.com/arrow-lost-its-big-harley-quinn-plans-because-of-the-su-1706729630

Willa Holland confirmed what was already suspected. That there were plans in Arrow for a Harley Quinn plot, that got suddenly and abruptly dropped by DC in favor of the Suicide Squad movie.

Arrow loving failed to do it with Huntress, Cupid, other women on the show, so what the gently caress were they going to do with Harley besides name drop?

I'm glad they weren't able to do anything with it, because they should be forced to make likeable characters and better plots instead of relying on yet another crutch.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 26, 2015

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm waiting for confirmation that they had built a radically different Hong Kong plot this year, but had to scuttle it because DC wouldn't give them access to Amanda Waller on a weekly basis.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cupid was perfect but should have been a whole half season villain.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
Tired of interference from DC editorial, Arrow has decided to jettison the DC universe entirely for season 4, which will now be about Oliver's search for the cosmic key and feud with big bad Stardust.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Slade runs in in the finale and complains that Ollie didn't beat him clean.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Manu Bennet and Stephen Amell would make a great tag team on RAW.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

I dont know posted:

This just makes me fear what will happen to flash once the movie starts ramping up. Someone at DC needs to be fired for this policy. Fallowed by being blackballed.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Well if the Suicide Squad movie sucks, then I'm sure DC will let the Arrow writers do whatever the hell they want with it again since, by that time, the show should be way too established to be poisoned by the bad ratings of that movie.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Crowsbeak posted:

This just makes me fear what will happen to flash once the movie starts ramping up. Someone at DC needs to be fired for this policy. Fallowed by being blackballed.

Doesn't it boil down to studio execs worried that people will confuse the TV characters with the movie characters or something? They really don't think much of their viewers.

Crowsbeak posted:

This is probably why iconic villain Reverse-Flash was dealt with as he was. The writers know that once the movie starts getting going they're going to get a massive list of characters they can't touch or that they need to kill off.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Xelkelvos posted:

Well if the Suicide Squad movie sucks, then I'm sure DC will let the Arrow writers do whatever the hell they want with it again since, by that time, the show should be way too established to be poisoned by the bad ratings of that movie.

What I really want is the flash movie to crash and burn, fallowed by DC to publicly admit its policy was "shortsighted" (See developed by a complete loving child).

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

pentyne posted:

This is probably why iconic villain Reverse-Flash was dealt with as he was. The writers know that once the movie starts getting going they're going to get a massive list of characters they can't touch or that they need to kill off.

Let's not get worried about any Flash-embargo until it actually happens. That kind of talk sounds like fatalist paranoia.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Bruceski posted:

Let's not get worried about any Flash-embargo until it actually happens. That kind of talk sounds like fatalist paranoia.

Remember this is DC who placed embargoes on loving smallville. Never put something out of the way of these children.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

zoux posted:

Born in New Zealand, Bennett's mother was an Australian bikini model, his father a New Zealand singer.

I moved to NZ before I hit 1 year old, moved to Australia after learning how to talk with a kiwi accent, then moved to Canada in 1987 and still get "where are you from" questions. Seven years of Oz/NZ beats out 25+ in Canada.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Crowsbeak posted:

What I really want is the flash movie to crash and burn, fallowed by DC to publicly admit its policy was "shortsighted" (See developed by a complete loving child).

The more likely result is that they take it as proof they should double down on the policy.

"Obviously the public was confused by the existence of two properties and we will now stop all non-movie appearances of DC assets."

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
And kill the CW in the process, yeah not going to happen. I have faith that their are enough bean counters to raise red flags before they go that far.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I still think DC gets more poo poo than they deserve. My bet is that WB is making all these hosed up decisions. If WB tells DC they're going to do something them DC has to do it. If WB wants a movie with DC characters then they get it. Nor do they give a gently caress about existing shows. Even if the flash movie is a total bomb it will still generate more money than a wildly successful show.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Even if the flash movie is a total bomb it will still generate more money than a wildly successful show.

Even if the movie makes negative money?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
Like, honestly, this is better than 90% of season 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jhnvh6kulg

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I still think DC gets more poo poo than they deserve. My bet is that WB is making all these hosed up decisions. If WB tells DC they're going to do something them DC has to do it. If WB wants a movie with DC characters then they get it. Nor do they give a gently caress about existing shows. Even if the flash movie is a total bomb it will still generate more money than a wildly successful show.
Trust me, DC deserves everything they get and then some. They have made some seriously bone-headed moves in the past oh, fifteen years or so.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Spergatory posted:

That would be a stretch, even with Hollywood accounting. The name alone is going to make money even if they just show 2 hours of OIicity season 3 highlights. CW on the other hand would be deep in the red were it not for their massive Netflix streaming deal, and likely won't exist by the time the movie comes out.

Unless WB are really making a killing selling Flash and Arrow internationally, they are not going to give a poo poo about what happens to the TV shows. Even if CW is still around, I wouldn't be surprised if they are forced to pull the plug on the show before the movie airs. Are they really going to risk their blockbuster franchise being upstaged by a show with CW-level acting and 3% of the budget?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Whizbang posted:

Wtf is this poo poo? Is that dude supposed to be an alien or just high on meth?

I'd actually say this is pretty on par with season 3.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Whizbang posted:

I'll admit despite not being a wrestling fan, that was entertaining.

Also being that tanking flash and arrow would probably end the cw period, I do think that their are people at the corporation who know the investors might not like the company having to pull out of a channel.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Whizbang posted:

Tired of interference from DC editorial, Arrow has decided to jettison the DC universe entirely for season 4, which will now be about Oliver's search for the cosmic key and feud with big bad Stardust.

I would watch wrestling if Amell was on it

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He's been pushing very hard on Facebook to do something on Raw. I guess WWE (ironically given their persecution complex) consider CW shows too 'small-time' to be featured stars, so a staredown with a wrestler Amell is internet-friends with is probably the best he's gonna get.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I dont know posted:

I wonder when do these directives come down from the exec level? Is it during the season? Before? Seems like a lot of the Hong Kong stuff got hosed with this season as it progressed given the availability of amanda waller's actress and the minimizing of Argus things as we went along.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Xtanstic posted:

I wonder when do these directives come down from the exec level? Is it during the season? Before? Seems like a lot of the Hong Kong stuff got hosed with this season as it progressed given the availability of amanda waller's actress and the minimizing of Argus things as we went along.

As far as the character/plot embargo I have a hard time believing it is a DC thing. DC is happy to have all their characters from all the different universes meet and fight, and have their worlds combined and torn apart with 4 different versions of Superman fighting 4 different versions of The Flash. They're doing something like that right now called Convergence. Nevermind the Injustice run where Superman is an unrepentant villain who has taken over the Earth by force and fear. It has to be WB 100%.

Plus they say no low-budget Suicide Squad but they can use Ra's and Lazarus pits? That is some schizophrenic decision making.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The situation is still pretty different.

What Arrow has lost so far are non-Green Arrow characters that were integrated into the show. The show moves on easily enough without them.

Removing Flash characters from Flash is a whole different thing.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

The situation is still pretty different.

What Arrow has lost so far are non-Green Arrow characters that were integrated into the show. The show moves on easily enough without them.

Removing Flash characters from Flash is a whole different thing.

Yeah I hope if that happens the cast and crew do make a stink because it will cause enough controversy to reverberate back to the offices.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

sbaldrick posted:

I would watch wrestling if Amell was on it

I would watch more Arrow if Wrestling was on it

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Babe Magnet posted:

I would watch more Arrow if Wrestling was on it

Season Four: Ollie moves to a new city and takes up a new job, becoming the masked wrestler El Flecha Verde.

Better than Season Three in every way.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

imperialparadox posted:

Season Four: Ollie moves to a new city and takes up a new job, becoming the masked wrestler El Flecha Verde.

Better than Season Three in every way.

I would be down for this, for a half season at least.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Gaz-L posted:

He's been pushing very hard on Facebook to do something on Raw. I guess WWE (ironically given their persecution complex) consider CW shows too 'small-time' to be featured stars, so a staredown with a wrestler Amell is internet-friends with is probably the best he's gonna get.

Didn't the CW say no to him being on Ninja Warrior for insurance reasons.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

Didn't the CW say no to him being on Ninja Warrior for insurance reasons.

I think that was just speculation here.

The only thing I read is that the scheduling is bad for him.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Gaz-L posted:

Amell going to be in TMNT 2. He's far over the line of big enough celebrity to do a WWE guest spot.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Spergatory posted:

Due to the magic of Hollywood accounting everything makes negative money. A particularly egregious example would be Harry Potter. On paper the entire franchise lost money. When the studios get sued for things that would require them to open their books they'll always settle. Even if it totally flatlines in the US they'll still make the money back in international distribution, product licensing

Oracle posted:

Trust me, DC deserves everything they get and then some. They have made some seriously bone-headed moves in the past oh, fifteen years or so.

Check your PMs

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Stop trying to make sense of DC fuckery. I alsmost went insane trying to chart out their bizarre logic back when they outlawed parts of the Batman universe on Justice League - there is no logic.

There is only corporate fuckery.

• Locked thread