Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chomp8645 posted:

Certainly not as weird and sad and fervently defending the honor of Archeage.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Archeage is bad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Poopage

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Archbutt

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Pcosbillage

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

Certainly not as weird and sad and fervently defending the honor of Archeage.

I mean let's be honest with ourselves here. We play MMO's. There is a little bit of weirdness and sadness all around.

Nope not a bunch of angry people who are weird and sad nuh uh

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

There's been MMOs where people get so bothered about negative posts that they take their discussions off-site so they can ban anyone talking bad about their beloved game. I post my opinions here but have never once told somebody that likes the game to stop posting.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Counterpoint: archeage is bad

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ruffz posted:

There's been MMOs where people get so bothered about negative posts that they take their discussions off-site so they can ban anyone talking bad about their beloved game. I post my opinions here but have never once told somebody that likes the game to stop posting.

I thought Archeage did have something like this? I seem to remember that during the BFM controversy people were posting much wailing and gnashing of teeth about Kewpuh from off-site goons.

Probably guild forums or the like?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chomp8645 posted:

I thought Archeage did have something like this? I seem to remember that during the BFM controversy people were posting much wailing and gnashing of teeth about Kewpuh from off-site goons.

oh we totally had that

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
remember when kimsemus went and pvped in an open PvP zone against reds and then dabigredboat and other EVE SUPREME GENERAL SHITLORD players went and got him kicked from the EVE corp and from Star Citizen because :siren: FISHING PACTS :siren:

lol

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Remember when there was still a banner ad running but it pointed to a gassed thread?

That was peak lol in my book.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chomp8645 posted:

Remember when there was still a banner thread running but it pointed to a gassed thread?

That was peak lol in my book.

it 100% portrayed what Archeage is and was

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

PCOS Bill posted:

lol your aspergers is showing

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

Oh yeah I had kinda forgotten about that, and I'll admit I was one of the annoyed ones trying to have a discussion about the game while it was still entertaining. The thread at the time was almost nothing but pedophilia jokes and very little game discussion. At least now we're actually mostly talking about the game.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Eonwe posted:

remember when kimsemus went and pvped in an open PvP zone against reds and then dabigredboat and other EVE SUPREME GENERAL SHITLORD players went and got him kicked from the EVE corp and from Star Citizen because :siren: FISHING PACTS :siren:

lol

His constant complaining about getting kicked out of a guild in a game that doesn't even exist was pretty funny too.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

That reminds me, I have to go update my skill qu-- I mean play EVE...

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The idea of someone being kicked out of a Star Citizen guild at this stage is even more lol than anything Archeage produced.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Chomp8645 posted:

The idea of someone being kicked out of a Star Citizen guild at this stage is even more lol than anything Archeage produced.

I like to imagine that someone being a visitor from a faraway future, where Star Citizen has been released. That stupid game probably needed so much hardware it made the EVE-Gate collapse. :argh:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I saw the other day the expected release was 2018? Good gently caress. Wow.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Feature creep is a bitch.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
It is also estimated to take >1 TB of disk space.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Just when he thought he was out... they pull him back in!!!

Jesus Christ how do MMOs do this to people?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chomp8645 posted:

i literally want to die

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

i literally want to die

this but unironically every time i log into an mmo and say "well time to gain a level"

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Chomp8645 posted:

To be fair, in his timezone that could be like 16 in the afternoon.

But holy poo poo that dumb argument. Maybe that bozo should spend some of that 16 hours playtime searching for a job, so he could then take a small part of that money and buy some "advantage" for himself.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

lol your aspergers is showing

This is the state of the entire games forums these days. Making fun of people who like something you don't because . . . well for no reason other than to vent your childish frustrations? I dunno man, maybe I just don't get the meta humor here anymore.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
if you truly enjoy a game it shouldn't matter what other people say about it. hope that helps.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Libluini posted:

Maybe that bozo should spend some of that 16 hours playtime searching for a job, so he could then take a small part of that money and buy some "advantage" for himself.

Or better, he could spend it on literally anything else.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Libluini posted:

To be fair, in his timezone that could be like 16 in the afternoon.

It's 5 days later.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

tatersyum posted:

So you're saying this thread hasn't been an echo chamber for people who dislike the game and not immediately shutting down posters who say they enjoy playing the game this entire time?

I don't tell people not to post, I just tell them not to play archeage. If you don't post about how much you love archeage then there's no point in me posting how bad the game is, it's like a yin-yang of shitposting. Or just pooping back and forth forever.

Regardless, :justpost:

PCOS Bill posted:

I know someone else bought that avatar for you, but I'm starting to think you earned it. And this is coming from a guy with an asura butt as an avatar.

I look forward to you posting that image for a third time because we just don't "get it"

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Thread keeps on delivering. Thank you Archeage, I never really need that $200.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Archeage is a bad game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stanley Pain posted:

Also, Archeage is a bad game.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

effectual posted:

It's 5 days later.

Oh yeah, I've stopped my eyes from glazing over for a moment and read his post to the end. So he never wanted to play the game ever again, eh? :allears:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

bear is driving! posted:

This is the state of the entire games forums these days. Making fun of people who like something you don't because . . . well for no reason other than to vent your childish frustrations? I dunno man, maybe I just don't get the meta humor here anymore.

lol

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I am a stable normal person that once played ArcheAge :wave:

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
how is the game nowadays anyway?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

PCOS Bill posted:

haha you are dump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

nehezir posted:

how is the game nowadays anyway?

It;s the best Farmville MMO to date.

• Locked thread