Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

I am really liking the development that Reina is, in fact, just a huge dweeb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

if this show doesn't end up yuri it's gonna be real disappointing considering this whole episode was just two girls practically yelling, "I'm gay! Gay for you!" at each other. also, no one has mentioned the tiny Midori clone!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hell yeah!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

It's gonna be such bullshit when these two don't kiss

:confused: but Reina and the trumpet are already kissing??

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Parallax posted:

if this show doesn't end up yuri it's gonna be real disappointing considering this whole episode was just two girls practically yelling, "I'm gay! Gay for you!" at each other. also, no one has mentioned the tiny Midori clone!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope they have a tiny clone color swapped Midori gag at some point.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Look at that direction.

Edit: well, okay, the colours are edited but still

Fangz fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 27, 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i liked that they bothered animating the lights from cars on the road

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
kyoani dont gently caress around

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

PotU posted:

kyoani dont gently caress around

That's why I keep watching their shows.

Paracelsus posted:

It's the most HS Band relationship in the show.

I liked that his reaction to her yukata was kept at his few words and his reddening ears.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

i liked that they bothered animating the lights from cars on the road

They eye movement in this episode was really good. much subtler than other shows.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
My god this episode is a work of art. I didn't think this show would be able to compete with BBB and Ore Monogatari, and yet now I'd undoubtedly put this show ahead of Ore Monogatari at least.

I'm so glad someone made a gif of this.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

ViggyNash posted:

My god this episode is a work of art. I didn't think this show would be able to compete with BBB and Ore Monogatari, and yet now I'd undoubtedly put this show ahead of Ore Monogatari at least.

You had the chance to put this ahead of BBB or My Love Story and you chose My Love Story?

Mods can you just ban him now?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I think it's been at least ten years since I saw the Tokyo Shuffle in a current series.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

The Black Stones posted:

You had the chance to put this ahead of BBB or My Love Story and you chose My Love Story?

Mods can you just ban him now?

My problem with My Love Story is that it doesn't seem to have any sense of direction. If plot starts happening then my opinion will change.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

god bless kyoani

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

My problem with My Love Story is that it doesn't seem to have any sense of direction. If plot starts happening then my opinion will change.

I only regret that KyoAni will probably never do Ore Monogatari since that would be to amazing for this universe

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ore Monogatari doesn't really fit their MO.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Ore Monogatari being done by the same studio that did Chihayafuru makes a lot of sense.

Kyoani has done a great job making these kinds of interpersonal dramas shine by using very cinematic camera techniques and touches of character acting. Oremonogatari works better being a more broad shojo comedy and the style being used suits it currently just fine.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Neeksy posted:

Ore Monogatari being done by the same studio that did Chihayafuru makes a lot of sense.

That comparison doesn't mean much when talking about Madhouse.

It's true.

Also I don't think they could have quite pulled off the show's style.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Wow. This episode was really, really gay.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

arisu posted:

After this episode I will rage if this show isn't yuri ending.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the dynamic Reina and Kumiko have is so good. it's really a shame that Katou got rejected and decided being cheerleader was a good idea. i don't want her going through that or the ensuing non-band drama

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Lol the song Kumiko and Reina plays at the end of the episode is literally called "The Place We Found Love"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDi2gNhXtvs

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

As this show keeps getting better and better I'm starting to think this too. Ore Monogatari is great fun but I really like the direction this show has so far. If it manages to have an ending on the same level as the rest of it I wouldn't be afraid to say I like it more than Monogatari.

BBB is still the best though.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Sapphire's sister is called Amber.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

nielsm posted:

Sapphire's sister is called Amber.

I knew this thanks to Tales of Hearts.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

They eye movement in this episode was really good. much subtler than other shows.

snafu season 2 does the same thing. its always cool when anime shows are subtle cause it leads to a lot of people missing plot points

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Davincie posted:

snafu season 2 does the same thing. its always cool when anime shows are subtle cause it leads to a lot of people missing plot points

Not sure if srs or hipster.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Was a very nice episode indeed. Cheered for side-couple. Was almost expecting a kiss at the end, was slightly let down, but the previous scenes were very good so it'd be dumb to hold that against it. Sapphire sister was very cute.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

Lol. You ever see Utena? There's an entire episode built around a gag that the symbolism is too obtuse.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol. You ever see Utena? There's an entire episode built around a gag that the symbolism is too obtuse.

Which episode is that?

I really need to rewatch Utena, I don't think I've seen it since the original DVD's came out in like the early 00's.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Which episode is that?

I really need to rewatch Utena, I don't think I've seen it since the original DVD's came out in like the early 00's.

dunno the number but there are blinking arrows that point to all sorts of details in that episode. cool gag

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Which episode is that?

i forget the episode but the gag is that arrows point to every single piece of symbolism. most of them are phallic imagery. the main villain is surrounded by big-rear end cacti and one of his henchmen walks in with a tiny little baby cactus and like fifteen arrows appear just in case you didn't get it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol I think I vaguely remember that.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

i forget the episode but the gag is that arrows point to every single piece of symbolism. most of them are phallic imagery. the main villain is surrounded by big-rear end cacti and one of his henchmen walks in with a tiny little baby cactus and like fifteen arrows appear just in case you didn't get it.

i really gotta see utena

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
One of the first simulwatches was Utena and Ideon and it was great, I liked it even more than when I first saw it. Even the recap episodes had some crazy poo poo going on.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

Yeah haha. Utena is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Utena is the best anime.

• Locked thread