Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Arghy posted:

They should just get rid of the libs AI belly guns and add a galaxy gunship thats nothing but 2 bulldogs, 1 CAS and 1 AI turret on one side. Make the lib a dedicated anti vehicle gunship, increase the shredders traverse, make the dalton do AP damage and the zeph basically be the HEAT round. Imagine stepping out of a spawn room looking at this wall of explosions and death in front of you and looking up to see a shiny galaxy with muzzle flashes covering 1 side with a gentle whale song in the background.

It already works like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

Remove medkits buff the magrider haha

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
I would love to see some more of the wacky Galaxy add ons they had in the beta code that never made the light of day. I remember one was an add on that when your passengers ejected out of the gal it would shoot out like 4 smoke grenades or something straight down so your droppers had cover.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gonna give this a try again. It's been ages. Does this game still need heavy .ini editing to not poo poo the bed every hour?

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Gonna give this a try again. It's been ages. Does this game still need heavy .ini editing to not poo poo the bed every hour?

Not in the slightest. The last patch actually introduced some pretty good multithreading optimizations and the game hasn't ran better. INI tweaks might hurt you more than help these days. If your frames are tanking turn off shadows and flora and you should be peachy.

Unclean009 fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 27, 2015

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012
I'm occasionally experiencing a few bugs. I often spawn slowly, and have my camera stuck in a top down perspective over the area where I died. Also, I frequently am unable to switch weapons, and am shown carrying the wrong weapon model, unable to fire or reload. That one's frustrating.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

West007 posted:

Hmm, maybe my new 980 and 4690k can handle max settings even in semi big battles.

Put your renderquality in the ini to either 1.22 (50% more pixels) or 1.45 (2x the pixels).

Your 980 has plenty of unused horsepower and it will make the game look nicer.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Heres a good ini if you want to skip all the effort but still need more performance: http://pastebin.com/PdKjJkLK

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

So I missed all the patch drama due to being on vacation.

Has soe I mean daybreak actualy said anything about the new store prices, or are they just rolling totally blase about the one buck reduction cash grab?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

TheParadigm posted:

So I missed all the patch drama due to being on vacation.

Has soe I mean daybreak actualy said anything about the new store prices, or are they just rolling totally blase about the one buck reduction cash grab?

1 Buck? I think you mean one Cent!

Oh the savings!

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

RadarX posted:

We certainly appreciate the feedback. Price changes were done in order to bring equipment pricing more to a happy medium and reduce inconsistency. While we obviously respect some of you disagree we believe this is a step in the right direction to providing a better ongoing experience for new and somewhat new players.

Higher cert prices, 1c lower DBC prices = better experience for new players.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Vargs posted:

radarx quote

drat I wish I had the talent of bullshitting that well, literally none of the strings of words in that statement are true aside from "Price changes were done." It's beautiful.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I like how it used to be when you talked to a new player you could be like "hey don't worry about the cost of stuff man most of the best stuff is just 100-250 certs" and now it's "uhhh go gently caress yourself and give money to some Russians."

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
are new players still trying this piece of crap? these price changes are to gauge the current playerbase

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Vargs posted:

Higher cert prices, 1c lower DBC prices = better experience for new players.

Legitimately speaking, the new changes are i think actually better for new players than they were, I have been messing about with low level characters and having 1500 flat certs very quickly is actually great*, you dont NEED new weapons as the stock ones are great and having the certs to get a couple classes outfitted is significantly better for your ability to play the game and get certs than a gun which is probably a sidegrade. It shits on mid level BR 40-50ish players a bit as they are starting to want new guns, but not so much new players.

*If you know how to spend them, there still needs to be more guidance for that.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

They could have just as easily added the 1400 certs without increasing the cert cost of basic functionality like G2A launchers. Nanoweave should have seen a steep price cut because of what a joke it is to be a new player trying to kill a certed out heavy. There are more examples to be made but who cares Smed still hasn't delivered on the game mode that was supposed to go live 2 weeks ago and probably never will.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I still feel that they're going to work their rear end off to get to br15 by 300m wookie sniping, buy the Longshot, RAMS, or Parallax and then quit from boredom.

Remember, they wanted to capture the :airquote: Battlefield Bro :airquote: who expects to be dropped a few guns an hour as a new player.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I don't know what the latest patch did but I've been getting worse FPS since the update.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
They really need to go back and overhaul a bunch of the cert prices. In DBG terms this would simply be raising them but there is a lot of ridiculous poo poo like Nanowave or Flak Armor being 1 - 10 - 50 - 150 - 1000 certs. ASC on the other hand costs 1 - 10 - 30 - 100 - 200. Ammo Belt is 1 - 10 - 100 - 1000. Because that last magazine is really worth 1k. Or how about Engineer Utility Pouch? 200 - 400 - 500 - 1000 - 1000. Why? 3100 certs for that one suit slot.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Westy543 posted:

I still feel that they're going to work their rear end off to get to br15 by 300m wookie sniping, buy the Longshot, RAMS, or Parallax and then quit from boredom.

Remember, they wanted to capture the :airquote: Battlefield Bro :airquote: who expects to be dropped a few guns an hour as a new player.

They should give you the free guns every time you level up or something similar.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I'm surprised that 1000c is the max cert price cap. If you are f2p your max certs should be 500c and anything over that should be erased (idea not my own).

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

Unclean009 posted:

Remove medkits buff the magrider haha

this except unironically

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Fina posted:

They really need to go back and overhaul a bunch of the cert prices. In DBG terms this would simply be raising them but there is a lot of ridiculous poo poo like Nanowave or Flak Armor being 1 - 10 - 50 - 150 - 1000 certs. ASC on the other hand costs 1 - 10 - 30 - 100 - 200. Ammo Belt is 1 - 10 - 100 - 1000. Because that last magazine is really worth 1k. Or how about Engineer Utility Pouch? 200 - 400 - 500 - 1000 - 1000. Why? 3100 certs for that one suit slot.

They should just get rid of ammo belt. If you ever actually need those extra shots you're an infil shitter 300 meters out and playing the game wrong.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Leal posted:

They should just get rid of ammo belt. If you ever actually need those extra shots you're an infil shitter 300 meters out and playing the game wrong.

I regularly go through a full ammo belt's worth of ammo on my Carnage AR and light assault loadouts because I flank and there's no one to drop ammo and I can carve through well over a squad that way.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Leal posted:

If grenade bandoleer didn't exist it'd probably be what I run on my Tross/Reaper Medic because lolammo

Of course I don't mind so much because I also really enjoy the Rebel

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Theres also playing as NC/TR when theres no loving engineers ever.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Leal posted:

I run out of ammo pretty regularly as a close quarters infiltrator... I'd run ammo belt but I just can't give up emp spam.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Man, that sounds like the exact opposite of my experience. I never, ever get ammo from VS engineers. The only time I find ammo belt useful is when I know I'll be able to find a good perch with my Light Assault.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
If you're so good at clearing out squads I'm sure they had at least one engineer drop an ammo pack in their camping spot. Ammo packs resupply everyone, even other factions :colbert:

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Does spamming Q still spot through smoke?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Anonymous Robot posted:

Yep, so smoke is ultimately nothing more then an FPS dragger as you can still hit Q and see the "SHOOT UNDER HERE YOU DUMB oval office" indicators through the smoke.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Gobblecoque posted:

I like how it used to be when you talked to a new player you could be like "hey don't worry about the cost of stuff man most of the best stuff is just 100-250 certs" and now it's "uhhh go gently caress yourself and give money to some Russians."
When was this? Because right from beta all the really good stuff you'd really want was 1000 certs and getting that took way the hell longer back then. There were no ribbons, vehicle kills gave way less xp, etc. and it all added up to much slower XP gain.

When I talked to a new player it'd be "Yeah, unlocking anything takes ages, try not to even think about it, you'll mostly be fine though you can't do things like have a competitive tank."

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Elukka posted:

When was this?

Before they increased a bunch of prices in the last patch, thought it was p. obvious.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I wouldn't necessarily say "most of the best stuff" was super cheap, but there were certainly a decent handful of important purchases that could be picked up easily. AV/AA rocket launchers, bolt action snipers for TR/VS, the GD-22S, a second Falcon/Pounder/Comet, a second mediocre AI MAX arm for VS/TR (buying the lovely one as NC was harder to justify for a few reasons). A new player is going to have a hard time in these roles without these weapons. Less vital but still fantastic and cheap were the Pulsar C, Razor, Serpent, and Carnage. Probably some TR guns too, I dunno, I don't play them.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Gobblecoque posted:

Before they increased a bunch of prices in the last patch, thought it was p. obvious.
Right before the patch most of the really good stuff (besides relative anomalies like the Kobalt) was 1000. I guess overall it might be slightly worse than it was before the patch but whatever. :shrug: I've taken some long breaks and it's certainly been far worse than it is now.

I suppose it also depends on what you buy. I can't for the life of me discern any real practical difference between Carbine and Slightly Different Carbine so I've always been concerned with unlocking stuff like tank guns and SMGs which give you a big jump in capability and tend to cost 1k or at least 750. AA launchers should definitely be cheap or free though since everyone gets planes for free but they don't get tools to deal with them.

Elukka fucked around with this message at 11:13 on May 28, 2015

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Elukka posted:

Right before the patch most of the really good stuff (besides relative anomalies like the Kobalt) was 1000.

Nope, all sorts of really great stuff was 100-250 cert: bulldogs, ESF AI noseguns, marauder/cannister/ppa (before nerf :rip:), tankbuster, cheapo AI max arms, no-sway bolt actions, AA launchers, and a shitton of good to fantastic guns. There wasn't any reason to increase the price on this stuff other than greed/gently caress the new players who don't already have this stuff. Sure, the extra certs for the first few levels is a good step but the price increase is multiple steps backwards.

Also I don't really get why you're bringing up xp gain and prices from the beta/first months after release. I agree, it sucked then but that doesn't have anything to do with the devs making dumb decisions now. Also, that was years ago.

Gobblecoque fucked around with this message at 11:48 on May 28, 2015

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Speaking of exp gain in ye olden days, I was looking at the stats for my NC Emerald character who I haven't played since around release. A whopping 165 SPM and level 50 after nearly 300 hours. Can't believe we used to deal with that garbage. It's not like I was a 100% worthless 0.05 K/D scrub back then either, or a bush wookie who got 1 kill every 5 minutes. Had an above average 1.71 and primarily played LA.

Also love the high kill count on the Gauss Compact S and Frag Grenades. I almost miss when explosives were stupid powerful.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Part of me longs for the day when frags were pocket-nukes, but part of me was usually on the wrong side of those grenades.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Cert gain is probably 3x-4x since launch. Which makes sense to increase the prices 3x-4x and unsolve the problem of the game feeling too grindy. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

Anonymous Robot posted:

Another tip that people seem to forget is it also works through terrain and buildings. You have to predict where the person went, but if you're right it completely works.

• Locked thread