Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Solartide posted:

Holy poo poo, I thought I was the only one spending 10 minutes trying to jump out of there.

I got out, learn to jump scrub :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Streaming & recording some random stuff here: http://www.twitch.tv/eteaj/

I've finished the Velen main quest and just started Novigrad, wrapping up some random Velen stuff right now. Obviously spoilers etc if you're not that far.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Failboattootoot posted:

I really loving hate Skellige. Whoever thought up all the sirens and boats having hp so they leave you stranded in the middle of loving nowhere is an rear end in a top hat. Also why even put all these smuggler caches out here? Tiresome. Also even ignoring boats and middle of nowhere shitholes, the terrain is such where Roach becomes almost useless since he gets caught on everything and can't run up slopes like Geralt can.

Just crossbow them while on the boat everything dies in 2 hits its super easy.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Levantine posted:

You can't turn the motion blur off on PS4, as far as I can tell. Gave me a hella migraine so I switched to PC. It looks really good on PC and doesn't make my head hurt.

This.
I also turned off DoF effects so the trees in the distance don't look like mud.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wait, Radovid is only one person? Based on what people said in game about him, I thought he was a country full of bugfuck insane people

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

So I think my savegame I imported from W2 didn't load properly. In every playthrough I did of W2 I spared Letho and saved Aryan LaVallete. But I cleared out Reardon's manor without finding Letho and (I assume) the one point where you might meet Aryan he isn't there. When I do a second playthrough I am going to just do the questionaire instead.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Anyone here using a DS4 with inputmapper(set to emulating a 360 controller)? Can't seem to get the game to recognize that it exists at all.

loaded the game up with it wired, changed to wireless and now it works:confuoot:

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 27, 2015

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Ice Fist posted:

So I think my savegame I imported from W2 didn't load properly. In every playthrough I did of W2 I spared Letho and saved Aryan LaVallete. But I cleared out Reardon's manor without finding Letho and (I assume) the one point where you might meet Aryan he isn't there. When I do a second playthrough I am going to just do the questionaire instead.

I don't know about aryan, but for Letho did you import the autosave W2 makes after you beat the game or a different save?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

poptart_fairy posted:

Ayup. I unequipped the arrow parry ability because of that - can't parry it if the drat things are hitting when you're considered out of combat. :suicide:

It's still really good in combat range - active parrying an arrow back into an archer's face and instantly killing him is brutally cool. I just think if you have a sword out, you should be in combat mode and if its sheathed, you should be in witcher mode.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Calaveron posted:

Wait, Radovid is only one person? Based on what people said in game about him, I thought he was a country full of bugfuck insane people

Yeah he's one guy, I forgot what he does in Witcher 1 but in Witcher 2 he is bald hth. I think he's a foreigner who marries Adda (Foltest's daughter) or something...who even cares we Nilf now.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Bob NewSCART posted:

I've got a pretty loving Good PC but I also like to play on my PS4. What's the shakedown on ps4 vs PC now that this has been out a bit?

Also is it loving amazing?

Thread consensus is play it on the PC with your PS4 controller.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ice Fist posted:

I realized after I started that my save may not have been imported properly and I am worried the game will think I killed Letho. And I dont have my tattoo :(

turtlecrunch posted:

Yeah he's one guy, I forgot what he does in Witcher 1 but in Witcher 2 he is bald hth. I think he's a foreigner who marries Adda (Foltest's daughter) or something...who even cares we Nilf now.
I thought Radovid was badass after playing Witcher 1. He was the King of Redania but he was hanging out in a warehouse in Vizima because he had to get poo poo done. I also had a candid convo with him in Loc Muinne in W2 before the Enhanced Edition came out and thought he was even cooler (totally forget the conversation though). Now he is nuts :(

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Is fistfighting always the same as killing outside the actual fistfighting quests? I ran into some guys I thought were assholes but not worth killing and I punched them all out because they were weak and lovely, but the combat log says they died. Jeez Geralt, show a little self-restraint.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Bort Bortles posted:

I thought Radovid was badass after playing Witcher 1. He was the King of Redania but he was hanging out in a warehouse in Vizima because he had to get poo poo done. I also had a candid convo with him in Loc Muinne in W2 before the Enhanced Edition came out and thought he was even cooler (totally forget the conversation though). Now he is nuts :(

He was always nuts, you just didn't choose the story threads that let you see him when he thinks nobody is watching.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Nakar posted:

Is fistfighting always the same as killing outside the actual fistfighting quests? I ran into some guys I thought were assholes but not worth killing and I punched them all out because they were weak and lovely, but the combat log says they died. Jeez Geralt, show a little self-restraint.

I like how you get into fistfights where you die if you lose, but still aren't willing to pull out your sword or use magic on them.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Nakar posted:

Turn off the combat log and pretend they're not dead like I did. :kiddo:

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

Vehementi posted:

I know well the little knee high pond & boat everyone's getting stuck in...

I also fell into that pond, but after enough time I managed to get out somehow. I was pretty persistent, since I hadn't saved in a while.

Levantine posted:

It's still really good in combat range - active parrying an arrow back into an archer's face and instantly killing him is brutally cool. I just think if you have a sword out, you should be in combat mode and if its sheathed, you should be in witcher mode.

That is definitely pretty satisfying, but instead of waiting for him to shoot the arrow and hoping I time it perfectly for the block, it's faster just to run up to him and cut him down.

Solartide fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 27, 2015

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Radovid proposes in all seriousness to marry Anais La Valette, a girl who is like 25-30 years younger than him, just to strengthen his claim on Temeria. Then goes and attacks his other ally anyway, because politics is boring when you can just take poo poo. Regardless of the outcome of W2 he basically attacks whatever weakest link exists solely for his own benefit, and he was trying to marry his way into Temeria's throne all the way back in W1.

Radovid is basically a huge opportunistic schemer and he's finally met his match in Emhyr because that guy is way better at it, and also has about ten times as many dudes.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

So I did the possession quest in Skellige:
So uhh, I threw the baby in the oven, because I felt it was going to be some sort of trick as the game described, and I wouldn't actually be doing something bad. They reveal the jarl's son to still be alive, but they never show the guy taking anything out of the oven. I guess the implication is somehow it was unharmed? To me it seemed like, in game logic, you didn't ACTUALLY do something bad, because uhh, that was some other baby you roasted? I don't get how the baby lived.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Arglebargle III posted:

He was always nuts, you just didn't choose the story threads that let you see him when he thinks nobody is watching.
Oh poo poo, heh.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

socialsecurity posted:

Just crossbow them while on the boat everything dies in 2 hits its super easy.

Easier to dive underwater and kill them in 1. Still tedious as gently caress.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nakar posted:

Radovid proposes in all seriousness to marry Anais La Valette, a girl who is like 25-30 years younger than him, just to strengthen his claim on Temeria.

That age difference wasn't that abnormal in medieval times.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Nakar posted:

Radovid proposes in all seriousness to marry Anais La Valette, a girl who is like 25-30 years younger than him, just to strengthen his claim on Temeria. Then goes and attacks his other ally anyway, because politics is boring when you can just take poo poo. Regardless of the outcome of W2 he basically attacks whatever weakest link exists solely for his own benefit, and he was trying to marry his way into Temeria's throne all the way back in W1.

Radovid is basically a huge opportunistic schemer and he's finally met his match in Emhyr because that guy is way better at it, and also has about ten times as many dudes.

Isn't marrying into more land/power something you're supposed to do as a king, to try and avoid fighting for it?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

ShadowMar posted:

Turn off the combat log and pretend they're not dead like I did. :kiddo:

Death by fisting sounds pretty normal in the witcher universe.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

Andrast posted:

That age difference wasn't that abnormal in medieval times.

What are you, some sort of neocon/fascist?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

ShadowMar posted:

I don't know about aryan, but for Letho did you import the autosave W2 makes after you beat the game or a different save?

I was very careful to import the "last" save made. Anyways it doesn't matter all that much. I'll just use the conversation tool next time because it definitely doesn't appear to matter all that much anyways.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

mcbexx posted:

Haha, I know exactly what you're talking about. drat that beam across the stairs. Geralt, the Butcher of Blaviken, Master of evil staircases, slayer of monsters and renown all-nighter in Novigrads whorehouses - finds his cold and watery grave in a sunken ship, barely 30 yards from the shore.

I hate this ship as well.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

turtlecrunch posted:

Isn't marrying into more land/power something you're supposed to do as a king, to try and avoid fighting for it?
He's doing it with Anais under duress. It's basically just conquering Temeria by delivering the only vaguely credible heir into his hands so he can make the country his protectorate (in basically the same way he takes over Kaedwen). He is crazy not because he wants to marry an 8 year old, but because he proposes to do so as blatantly as possible when everyone knows exactly what he's planning and he still gets away with it. Granted he does this if Geralt stupidly delivers Anais to him so that's kind of on the player.

He's a guy with more balls than brains, but things have somehow worked out for him up to this point. He's become an even more insufferable cocky rear end in a top hat because of this, which is probably why he appears worse than in W1/2; his position is much better as "king of whatever remains of the Northern Kingdoms."

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Ice Fist posted:

I was very careful to import the "last" save made. Anyways it doesn't matter all that much. I'll just use the conversation tool next time because it definitely doesn't appear to matter all that much anyways.

As far as I know, the tattoo is the only thing you can miss out on if you don't import a save but anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I loved that in my visit to Vizima when I was talking to the Diplomat after talking to Yen, he was all "In a move nobody expected, Radovid marched over the mountains in the winter and after winning a skirmish or two with Kaedweni troops, they capitulated. I was all :prepop: "that magnificent bastard" until I started hearing/seeing more and more that Radovid was nuts.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Solartide posted:

What are you, some sort of neocon/fascist?

Radovid is an ephebophile, god. :smug:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

So uhh, I threw the baby in the oven, because I felt it was going to be some sort of trick as the game described, and I wouldn't actually be doing something bad. They reveal the jarl's son to still be alive, but they never show the guy taking anything out of the oven. I guess the implication is somehow it was unharmed? To me it seemed like, in game logic, you didn't ACTUALLY do something bad, because uhh, that was some other baby you roasted? I don't get how the baby lived.

There is a hole in the wall behind the oven. The advisor guy was hiding back there and rescued the baby immediately. You not knowing that is the only reason it works.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

How does the Yennefer appearance DLC work, do you get an in-game option or does installing the DLC just make her look like that or what?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Check the room right behind the oven. I didn't immediately get it, but after she told me to throw it in...

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Begemot posted:

There is a hole in the wall behind the oven. The advisor guy was hiding back there and rescued the baby immediately. You not knowing that is the only reason it works.

Yeah, I half-expected it to be "OK, so I told you to trust me, but you also told me that they're hard to trick. So I didn't try. Now leave these islands and take that Hym with you. You're a witcher, I'm sure you'll manage." *Scent of roasting baby fills the room*

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Begemot posted:

It'd be funny if you could witcher sense examine the hole and then the trick doesn't work.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

ShadowMar posted:

As far as I know, the tattoo is the only thing you can miss out on if you don't import a save but anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm sure there's a few other throwaway easter eggs but so far at level 15 doesn't feel like it mattered at all to have a save.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Nakar posted:

Does that only happen if Adda is dead in witcher 1 because otherwise...:stonk:

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
There's a trait called "Rage Management" that allows me to substitute Adrenaline Points for Stamina when casting Signs. Is it good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Assange seems to be a big Witcher fan, with his fancy new haircut.