Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

That's on the U.S. for letting him in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

YOU loving CLOWN, at LEAST read the case examples in which RICO has been enforced before you run your stupid loving mouth about what does and does not fall under the purview of an American law you literally had no idea existed until 45 seconds ago.

Name one person convicted under RICO who is not American.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Barack HUSSEIN Obama :pray:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

ty

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

chuggo is BACK posted:

Barack HUSSEIN Obama :pray:

THIS!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Manuel Noriega?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Haha, are you serious? How about Manuel Noriega?

e:fb :geno:

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

silvergoose posted:

No kidding. I went to Brown, and my parents met there while he was in his...uh...first mayoring? They've got some stories!
Mmmm, Brown. Heckuva school.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
BREAKING: Russia slams U.S. "illegal" prosecution of FIFA http://t.co/sIgHgvcR4R http://t.co/EvbwvRRMbo

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

the only good bug is a dead bug - Sepp Blatter when he sees that fat guy wearing a wire

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
how unexpected

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

stickyfngrdboy posted:

wiki aware

In the overall body of RICO cases that went to trial, at least 50% have had some non-US enforcement component to them

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Panama is part of the Americas.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Manuel Noriega?

who worked for the cia?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Chris de Sperg posted:

Mmmm, Brown. Heckuva school.

Not everyone can study chin growth at Oxbridge upon homo or whatever, some people have to go to reputable Ivy League institutions.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Well 7 have just been arrested and some have already plead guilty?

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

silvergoose posted:

No kidding. I went to Brown, and my parents met there while he was in his...uh...first mayoring? They've got some stories!

I work very close to city hall --- some days I wonder what it would be like if Buddy had won term #3

Also, Russia lololol.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Capt Murphy posted:

Bless this cesspool of a forum. Don't even have to leave the page to find tasteless jokes rooted in homophobia. This must be so upsetting for all the parma-loving neocons in here!

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

stickyfngrdboy posted:

While i'm pretty sure that there were more than a few mobsters who had Italian citizenship, that statement has no bearing whatsoever in this case. In the eyes of the DOJ, whatever citizenship the person has is irrevelant..if the crime was committed on U.S. soil, or through a U.S. institution, then the U.S. can enforce it's laws in whatever country the accused lives/has citizenship. Whether the country complies with the U.S.'s request is up to them, based on treaties. There's literally nothing that matters less than '..who is not American.'

Edit: Yeah, or Noriega.

We Got Us A Bread fucked around with this message at 17:59 on May 27, 2015

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Well 7 have just been arrested and some have already plead guilty?
what the...

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

stickyfngrdboy posted:

who worked for the cia?

Just keep on digging, dude.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Not everyone can study chin growth at Oxbridge upon homo or whatever, some people have to go to reputable Ivy League institutions.
Missing a Simpsons reference, this is a grave blow to the integrity of your modship GD

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Chris de Sperg posted:

Missing a Simpsons reference, this is a grave blow to the integrity of your modship GD

I'll never recover.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Martinpale posted:

While i'm pretty sure that there were more than a few mobsters who had Italian citizenship, that statement has no bearing whatsoever in this case. In the eyes of the DOJ, whatever citizenship the person has is irrevelant..if the crime was committed on U.S. soil, or through a U.S. institution, then the U.S. can enforce it's laws in whatever country the accused lives/has citizenship. Whether the country complies with the U.S.'s request is up to them, based on treaties. There's literally nothing that matters less than '..who is not American.'

heh yeah. like I said hours ago, I wish your country the best of luck - sincerely, I would like nothing more than the man at the top to be removed from office, regardless of who does it or why - but Blatter will come out of this squeaky, squeaky clean.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

mdemone posted:

Just keep on digging, dude.

lol you're an idiot man, seriously.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
David Conn ‏@david_conn 1h1 hour ago
FIFA: US Dept of Justice alleges bribes re Brazil team sponsorship by major US sportswear company. Nike done it since 1996. No statement yet

That's tasty.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Shitshow posted:

FIFA: US Dept of Justice alleges bribes re Brazil team sponsorship by major US sportswear company. Nike done it since 1996. No statement yet

That's tasty.
It's a business expense

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Shitshow posted:

That's tasty.

Are they finally going to prove that Nike ruined fat Ronaldo?

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

stickyfngrdboy posted:

heh yeah. like I said hours ago, I wish your country the best of luck - sincerely, I would like nothing more than the man at the top to be removed from office, regardless of who does it or why - but Blatter will come out of this squeaky, squeaky clean.

stay dench or get frimponged

https://reportingproject.net/prosecution/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=1

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

stickyfngrdboy posted:

'being put to trial for institutionalized corruption if spotted in 90% of the countries of the world' is not squeaky clean dude

I don't think he'll ever face trial but the charging is not the issue here, and in any case any possibility of him running the shots is completely dismantled, as being his friend anywhere the US could touch would end up being a terrible idea.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

dex_sda posted:

'being put to trial for institutionalized corruption if spotted in 90% of the countries of the world' is not squeaky clean dude

it is when you never bother visiting those countries

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

bruh they're giving fifa the red card

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

stickyfngrdboy posted:

it is when you never bother visiting those countries

it isn't when you can't continue your pattern of corrupt activity, also RICOed people usually lose their assets (as, indeed, the 14 indicted today have).

I'm sure Blatter has a stashed fortune for emergencies but he'll lose 80% of his travel prospects, 99% of his fortune and 100% of his power if they manage to charge him.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Blatter must own a luxury condo in some Quatari high rise, right?

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Chris de Sperg posted:

It's a business expense

Weirdly enough, there are places..like Russia..where normally illegal bribes are considered 'legal', if they're part of the 'cost of doing business.' Everyone knows they're bribes, but the accountants file them under 'no, it was a 'expedited customs' fee..that we paid every time a shipment went into russia..to the man at customs..in cash..', and the IRS just cares that it's on the books.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

dex_sda posted:

it isn't when you can't continue your pattern of corrupt activity, also RICOed people usually lose their assets (as, indeed, the 14 indicted today have).

I'm sure Blatter has a stashed fortune for emergencies but he'll lose 80% of his travel prospects, 99% of his fortune and 100% of his power if they manage to charge him.

He doesn't need to continue, and his fortune will be so well hidden it'll take years to find any of it and he'll be dead by then.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

lisa simpson posted:

"Not Brown!!!!"

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

dex_sda posted:

Right now he's in Switzerland I think, but after Friday, I don't expect him to set foot on soil he could be extradited from ever again.

I get that, but is he actually able to run FIFA as president without setting foot in such a nation?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Solkanar512 posted:

I get that, but is he actually able to run FIFA as president without setting foot in such a nation?

Yes, very easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Solkanar512 posted:

The only responsibilities of the president are to collect bribes and go on vacation. He could run it from a shitter in Angola if he had Internet.