Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

"Revenge takes its Final Form" is a pretty good/funny tagline actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
gohan was my favorite character growing up,. because he was a kid with insane amounts of power and i too was a kid, who believed he could gain an insane amount of power if i trained

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

tbp posted:

gohan was my favorite character growing up,. because he was a kid with insane amounts of power and i too was a kid, who believed he could gain an insane amount of power if i trained

Too bad the correct place to train for a lot of power is in oratory lessons and not a gym.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
That's my same rationale behind being such a Krillin fan. So what if he wasn't Saiyan strong, he could still kick the poo poo out of literally everyone else of his same race on the entire loving planet. Gotta count for something. If every non-human left, he could rule the world.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Brony Hunter posted:

Eh if we're counting non-canon material we might as well count the various times Goku accidentally knocked Chi-Chi through a wall on several different occasions in filler, and seemed more worried she'd be angry rather than concerned for her wellbeing.

That's because he knows very well she's tough enough to endure his might :heysexy:

If anything, in Battle of Gods Chichi is the first person he thinks of when it seems Beerus is about to win and destroy the planet.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
They say Satan is the strongest human with no chi control, but is that including Chi-Chi? After all, Chi-Chi trained Goten and could keep up with him up to the point that he became a super Saiyan. Goku ain't gonna have any woman of Kleenex issues with Chi-Chi is what I'm saying.

And if you haven't read that essay on why Superman can never boink a human woman, do look it up. It's amazing. :allears: I'll go dig up a link (phone posting)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Edit: ^^^ I've never thought for a second that Goten went SSJ as a result of Chichi's training. I would bet money that it happened while sparring with Trunks. I think he knew he needed a boost to keep up with her and flipped the switch.

Petiso posted:

That's because he knows very well she's tough enough to endure his might :heysexy:

If anything, in Battle of Gods Chichi is the first person he thinks of when it seems Beerus is about to win and destroy the planet.

"OH NO! The person who makes my food might get killed! Also some other people that keep following me around getting hurt all the time!"

No Roshi or Chiaotzu.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

New Leaf posted:

"OH NO! The person who makes my food might get killed! Also some other people that keep following me around getting hurt all the time!"

No Roshi or Chiaotzu.

Roshi is below the camera line. I don't know if Goku has ever even loving spoke to Chaotzu on screen.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

New Leaf posted:

Edit: ^^^ I've never thought for a second that Goten went SSJ as a result of Chichi's training. I would bet money that it happened while sparring with Trunks. I think he knew he needed a boost to keep up with her and flipped the switch.

No Roshi or Chiaotzu.

I'd consider not having Bulma in that flashback a bigger deal, he spent a lot of time with her during Dragon Ball. Hell even Oolong should be in that flashback.

But nobody watched Dragon Ball.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Petiso posted:

also when freeza is about the kill goku by holding him under water he seriously freaks out thinking of chichi and gohan

i get the jokes that he's like completely autistic or whatever and yeah goku is a bit retarded but he loves his wife and sons hes a good man.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Aurain posted:

Wedding Rings are atleast a 10x multiplier on your "is now useless" statistic in Dragonball.

Being Gohan multiplies that even further.

I think it can be inferred that Videl is a literal succubus who is stealing Gohan's power.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Prison Warden posted:

Roshi is below the camera line. I don't know if Goku has ever even loving spoke to Chaotzu on screen.

When I was watching the King Piccolo saga, he almost never mentioned him when talking about avenging Roshi and Krillin. Think he didn't even say anything about him when fighting Nappa either.

Speaking of Chiaotzu, what happened to him in the Fusion Saga. I am watching it and the earlier episode showed him and Tien surviving the attack that killed all the humans, but later on only Tien appeared. Who preceded to do one attack, get kicked and then leave after being healed.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
At a certain point Tien says its dumb to bring the guy to fights (when the androids attack, I think) as he was never really a fighter.

He actually is the first character to get written out of the fights surprisingly.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Rirse posted:

When I was watching the King Piccolo saga, he almost never mentioned him when talking about avenging Roshi and Krillin. Think he didn't even say anything about him when fighting Nappa either.

Speaking of Chiaotzu, what happened to him in the Fusion Saga. I am watching it and the earlier episode showed him and Tien surviving the attack that killed all the humans, but later on only Tien appeared. Who preceded to do one attack, get kicked and then leave after being healed.

He absolutely mentioned Chaotzu when he beat up Nappa, but I think only twice.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Goku is still a little salty about how Chiaotzu cheated during the 22nd Tournament, obviously.

You don't just forgive something like that.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

CharlestheHammer posted:

At a certain point Tien says its dumb to bring the guy to fights (when the androids attack, I think) as he was never really a fighter.

He actually is the first character to get written out of the fights surprisingly.

Ten's been telling Choazu to get out of danger since the Saiyan saga. He didn't listen until Nappa happened.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Goku is a cat confirmed.

In It For The Tank posted:

I think it can be inferred that Videl is a literal succubus who is stealing Gohan's power.
Aww yis.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I really hope Videl becomes the Goku of their family and takes Pan off to train while Gohan wants her to study and learn.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Dexo posted:

I really hope Videl becomes the Goku of their family and takes Pan off to train while Gohan wants her to study and learn.

That'd be amazing :allears: It'd never happen, but it'd be a dream come true if it does. Especially if Videl also sometimes takes Pan to Uncle Piccolo for wilderness training.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Brony Hunter posted:

That'd be amazing :allears: It'd never happen, but it'd be a dream come true if it does. Especially if Videl also sometimes takes Pan to Uncle Piccolo for wilderness training.

Why would she take her daughter to some scary alien when she can take Pan to Grandpa SATAN the Savior of the world 3 times over!

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

I almost want Super to focus on the Saiyans and friends trying to cope with mundane family life whilst occasionally punching monsters in the face once every few episodes. I want an episode where Vegeta has to apply for a Visa or Piccolo wants to buy a house but has to deal with smarmy real estate agents.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Brony Hunter posted:

I almost want Super to focus on the Saiyans and friends trying to cope with mundane family life whilst occasionally punching monsters in the face once every few episodes. I want an episode where Vegeta has to apply for a Visa or Piccolo wants to buy a house but has to deal with smarmy real estate agents.

Vegeta runs to replace King Dog as President because he is naturally fit for rulership, but there is a scandal about how he can't produce his birth certificate and rumours that he is not a native born Earthican.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Gohan starts putting pictures of Pan up on SpaceBook, Goten has to try and teach Goku how to use the internet so he doesn't miss out. This is a three-episode story arc,

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Those are good ideas.

Basically I want every episode to be like the one where Goku and Piccolo learn to drive cars.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Goku and Picollo get their trucking license, lessons by Mr Satan.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Prison Warden posted:

Vegeta runs to replace King Dog as President because he is naturally fit for rulership, but there is a scandal about how he can't produce his birth certificate and rumours that he is not a native born Earthican.

So that is how we end up with President Goku.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
18 and Mr Satan decide to try and get some cash by writing a semi-autobiographical screenplay of the Majin Buu saga, with Mr Satan as the main character. By sheer coincidence it happens to infringe on the copyright of a novel Tights wrote years before and she takes them to court. The plot is resolved when it turns out since no one remembers the Buu saga 18 and Satan are just hosed and the movie makes a few billion zeni because of the increased publicity.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
How disappointed are you guys going to be when it's not those things

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Prison Warden posted:

18 and Mr Satan decide to try and get some cash by writing a semi-autobiographical screenplay of the Majin Buu saga, with Mr Satan as the main character. By sheer coincidence it happens to infringe on the copyright of a novel Tights wrote years before and she takes them to court. The plot is resolved when it turns out since no one remembers the Buu saga 18 and Satan are just hosed and the movie makes a few billion zeni because of the increased publicity.

I'm going to be completely honest, who the gently caress is Tights?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Some Numbers posted:

I'm going to be completely honest, who the gently caress is Tights?

Bulma's older sister, she shows up in Jaco the Galactic Patrolman and not much else.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Should I read Jaco?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Yes. It's great.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I kind of hope Super has some stuff with Trunks: Time Cop in it, because as a youngster me and my friends all thought Future Trunks was the coolest guy and I gotta represent for young me because he is long dead.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

Should I read Jaco?

Jaco isn't DBZ, but it is a fantastic read.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man. So many possibilities.

Having Future Trunks show up and see that child Trunks in this timeline went Super Sayain at like age 7 would be hilarious.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Given the runaway success of Xenoverse, I'd be surprised not to see Time Patrol Trunks and maybe the Supreme Kai of Time.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Dexo posted:

What if Gohan found the secret to ssj4 in his studies? Goku and Vegeta can barely read so they'll never catch up.

GT doesn't count.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I would believe that Goku is totally illiterate, but Vegeta is a prince. Even warrior princes are probably well educated.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Super should just be Time Patrol Trunks teaching Vegeta to read and write, slowly and tearfully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

zelah posted:

I would believe that Goku is totally illiterate, but Vegeta is a prince. Even warrior princes are probably well educated.

but is he educated in the writings of earth? I mean yeah he speaks English/Japanese as his only language by coincidence... as does the rest of outer space.

• Locked thread