Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

baram. posted:

http://www.amazon.com/ExOfficio-Mens-Give-N-Go-Boxer-Brief/dp/B001M0MN16

kinda late to boxer chat but I bought some of these and plan to replace all my boxers with them now.

I'm not a big boxer brief fan so I've been avoiding those recommendations, but I just broke down and bought a pair right now since I keep on seeing good things about them. I also ended up getting some from Calvin Klein, MeUndies, and Duluth Trading Co, so I just have to wait for them to arrive to determine the winner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Tusen Takk posted:

awwww a noobie :3:

he must be completely new to the internet if he's using his IRL name as his username lmbo

Lmbo what an idiot. He really has an egg on his face now that you've pointed it out.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Fantastic first post.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

We had a scat pack challenger the same shade of blue as dad volk's viper roll up today. It was drop dead gorgeous in the Florida sunlight, shame I didn't get a picture since he drove off so fast.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

MomJeans420 posted:

I'm not a big boxer brief fan so I've been avoiding those recommendations, but I just broke down and bought a pair right now since I keep on seeing good things about them. I also ended up getting some from Calvin Klein, MeUndies, and Duluth Trading Co, so I just have to wait for them to arrive to determine the winner.

they've got briefs and boxers too iirc. post a trip report once you've worn them all cause I've heard good things about all those other brands you got too.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!

baram. posted:

http://www.amazon.com/ExOfficio-Mens-Give-N-Go-Boxer-Brief/dp/B001M0MN16

kinda late to boxer chat but I bought some of these and plan to replace all my boxers with them now.

these own but you gotta catch them on sale

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Phone posted:

Lmbo what an idiot. He really has an egg on his face now that you've pointed it out.

:thejoke:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Lol, look at the nublet, doesn't even know that one word emoticon replies are against the rules. :laugh:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO0JLKeUTHQ

Been busy!

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Cage posted:

That sounds fun. My dad always likes to talk about his plum crazy 1970 challenger that was the first thing he bought when he got out of vietnam. He sells roofing and siding now and a couple years ago he was at a customers house that had a late model challenger in purple. Offered the keys to my dad and he wouldnt take it because he "wasnt sure if he would come with it".

I still don't know how serious he was.

I mean, I've known the guy for all of two weeks and he entrusts me with 320RWHP. No way I would've gone alone, there was a real risk that I would've never returned. :D

Nidhg00670000 posted:

A 996 has to be the most affordable Porsche ever if you count money vs age. There's a shitload of em for less than 200kkr here, and a couple below 150kkr. Just don't learn what IMS means.

You're in Sweden, right? This side of the strait they're more like 400-500 kkr. This place sucks for fun cars. :(

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

There's that one that works as an attachment for the iphone that's only like $400. Can't remember what it's called, anyone want to chime in?

Should work for your application without being $rape for a proper thermal camera

E: oh wow, spotty cell service means this thread didn't fully load, woops. Carry on.

Bajaha fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 27, 2015

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

How much is the flir c2 your side of the pond?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

In canadian fun bucks it's $799 , In the US on Amazon it's $699. Turns out because of how poorly the Canadian currency is doing, it's actually a decent amount cheaper in Canada :canada: At the current rate that's equivalent to $639 USD.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Tide posted:

I've decided I need a thermal camera to do an energy audit of my house. But hooooooooooooooly crap they are expensive.

Tide posted:

I have the iPhone 6 plus. No go on the FLIR ONE. Also, no HD within a 100 miles rents them.

Check out SEEK Thermal. Similar concept to the FLIR One (not quite as good, though) but should work with your phone.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

12hr day at work. Bills are all paid. Waiting for my battery and springs. Just stuffed my face with a shaved beef, garlic mayo, and french fry grinder. Just bought an NGC MS63 Morgan Dollar with the money in my PayPal account. Started an online only Savings account. Waiting for the ex to come over. Hopefully I can stay awake until then.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Learned how to grind valves on a small block today. The machine I was using was easily from the fortys or older. It has made me want to work in a machine shop. But most of them use CNC and automated machines. I was tought with old equipment and always get shot down when I apply. Oh well I guess ill stick to fixing hot rods for old dudes.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Watching the corrupt FIFA members getting busted by the FBI and Swiss Police feels awfully good

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

You Am I posted:

Watching the corrupt FIFA members getting busted by the FBI and Swiss Police feels awfully good

Too bad Blatter hasn't been busted, even after admitting he's scared to come to the US.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

FIFA's been a loving joke for years, it's about time someone put them to task over the ridiculous amount of cartoon-bad guy poo poo they're part of.

I can only hope they haul Blatter in before too long.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

SouthsideSaint posted:

Learned how to grind valves on a small block today. The machine I was using was easily from the fortys or older. It has made me want to work in a machine shop. But most of them use CNC and automated machines. I was tought with old equipment and always get shot down when I apply. Oh well I guess ill stick to fixing hot rods for old dudes.

I always think I missed my calling by not dedicating myself to being a machinist, or a toolmaker or a prop maker or something. Instead I spent so much time trying to shoot for the stars and missing that I've ended up with little bits of conceptual knowledge over a million different subjects that's gotten me in a dead end job that offers zero fulfillment.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 28, 2015

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

MustardFacial posted:

I always think I missed my calling by not dedicating myself to being a machinist, or a toolmaker or something. Instead I spent so much time trying to shoot for the stars and missing that I've ended up with little bits of conceptual knowledge over a million different subjects that's gotten me in a dead end job that offers zero fulfillment.

You and me both.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Mooseykins posted:

You and me both.

Going to third this.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

1500quidporsche posted:

Going to third this.

Misery loves company!

:cripes:

Today's upside, i finally have work tomorrow. 1 drop of carpet rolls. I haven't had any work for a week, and thus no money.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Mooseykins posted:

Misery loves company!

:cripes:

Today's upside, i finally have work tomorrow. 1 drop of carpet rolls. I haven't had any work for a week, and thus no money.

Glad im not the only one. I have only had one car a day, with some basic bullshit all week. Which means my cart, toolbox, and the shop have all gotten extra clean.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

SouthsideSaint posted:

Glad im not the only one. I have only had one car a day, with some basic bullshit all week. Which means my cart, toolbox, and the shop have all gotten extra clean.

I scraped in a side job on saturday; clutch on a van for £100 because my mate couldn't be bothered. I really don't want to go back to fixing cars, but i think i'll give my courier business a year (8 months remaining.) and re-evaluate what a total gently caress-up i am and what i need to do to get my poo poo in order.

Tomorrow's drop is £60. Out of that comes fuel, insurance, etc. So this past week it's cost me significantly more than i've earned, for the van to sit unused.

Luckily, i have a customer that owes me about £1,400 that i need to bill. Even after i pay myself i'll still be well overdrawn.

I need to sit on my bed and have a little cry now.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

iwentdoodie posted:

Too bad Blatter hasn't been busted, even after admitting he's scared to come to the US.

Yet. FIFA people been told they cant leave Switzerland so there's time and I can see a RICO coming straight for him. Given the fed DOJ tend to make sure their case is pretty good in such high profile cases, FIFA are A-class hosed.

(Havent a few of those arrested also already pled guilty? I read the DOJ have already recovered 150 mill in bribes... this is gonna be soooo amazing to watch)

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Mooseykins posted:

I scraped in a side job on saturday; clutch on a van for £100 because my mate couldn't be bothered. I really don't want to go back to fixing cars, but i think i'll give my courier business a year (8 months remaining.) and re-evaluate what a total gently caress-up i am and what i need to do to get my poo poo in order.

Tomorrow's drop is £60. Out of that comes fuel, insurance, etc. So this past week it's cost me significantly more than i've earned, for the van to sit unused.

Luckily, i have a customer that owes me about £1,400 that i need to bill. Even after i pay myself i'll still be well overdrawn.

I need to sit on my bed and have a little cry now.

When I was broke and unemployed I posted an ad on craigslist and did a shitload of side car repairs like that. Still do when im broke.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Cat Terrist posted:

Yet. FIFA people been told they cant leave Switzerland so there's time and I can see a RICO coming straight for him. Given the fed DOJ tend to make sure their case is pretty good in such high profile cases, FIFA are A-class hosed.

(Havent a few of those arrested also already pled guilty? I read the DOJ have already recovered 150 mill in bribes... this is gonna be soooo amazing to watch)

I just want to believe that John Oliver had something to do with this.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

SouthsideSaint posted:

When I was broke and unemployed I posted an ad on craigslist and did a shitload of side car repairs like that. Still do when im broke.

Don't really have a place to do the work though. And if i put all my tools in my van it would completely fill it, take all day to get it in, and then some oval office would steal it with its contents and leave me with nothing.

Also, due to the population density of North London, there are soooo many other people doing everything out there. There's always some Polish crackhead who can do that poo poo cheaper.

I need out of London.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Unfucking the threads of a balljoint with a dremel at midnight.

In other news, I never thought that buying a house at auction would be so loving difficult.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

nm posted:

If you're doing anything to salmon beyond maybe putting a bit of salt and oil on it, putting it on the grill (skin on), and not overcooking it (slightly undercooked is better), you're doing it wrong.
Fancy poo poo is for lesser fishes.

A bit of oregano, paprika, and rosemary still improves grilled salmon a lot. I usually grill it on aluminum foil, the skin sticks to the foil and peels off with it super easily afterwards.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Cedar planked salmon is the way to go. Just need a bit of olive oil, dill and a squeeze of lemon and you're good.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

trouser chili posted:

Unfucking the threads of a balljoint with a dremel at midnight.

Obviously too late now, but for the inevitable next time get some thread files. No loving about with needle files and Dremels.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MrChips posted:

Cedar planked salmon is the way to go. Just need a bit of olive oil, dill and a squeeze of lemon and you're good.

Cedar plank salmon is gross and does nothing.

I wish I knew the cross arms smiley.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
:perfect:

I am ready for Valhalla, witness me!

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

loving hell, my new job is pretty great, but its really wearing me out.

Worked 55 hours weeks twice in a row, figured this week would be a bit slower. Nope, up to 27 hours in two days, with tomorrow shaping up to be another 10 hour day.
At least I get to work inside for a good chunk of tomorrow.

Also, the crazy $$$$ paychecks certainly make it worth it.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

iwentdoodie posted:

Cedar plank salmon is gross and does nothing.

I wish I knew the cross arms smiley.

:colbert:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Shiny and chrome!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Hahaha awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Mooseykins posted:

Obviously too late now, but for the inevitable next time get some thread files. No loving about with needle files and Dremels.

This.

I've also repaired one with the appropriate die, but if it's old and worn out, that probably won't work.

• Locked thread