Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Grease don't burn that sooty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

seiferguy posted:

Loretta Lynch really started her term off right, goddamn.

You might say she went Beast Mode on FIFA :hawksin:

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

dad jokes are the best

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Frinkahedron posted:

dad jokes are the best

Agreed. Mods, can I get a name change to World Cup of Fraud?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Why are they getting thrown out of the world cup of fraud shouldn't they be winning it?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Why are they getting thrown out of the world cup of fraud shouldn't they be winning it?

Dad jokes

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

lol

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
What do black neighborhoods got to do with FIFA?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
heck, im a huge fan of DOJ FC

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

I like that we get to call it soccer on a national stage today. :patriot:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Why wish for Sepp to get convicted when you can wish for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWFCQVxaMMw

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 28, 2015

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

cheese posted:

Heads are gonna roll and I can't wait for Brian Cox to play Blatter in the eventual movie.

:iceburn: We did it, a joke about soccer that didn't involve an American saying "offsides"

Should be Tim Roth imo

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Is this going to fall Lance Armstrong house of cards style? Because every knows right? (just hit on this thread)

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

mackintosh posted:

Americans better deliver this time. I still can't believe they lied to us about WMDs and then about torturing people at a secret CIA black site at Stare Kiejkuty. Allegedly.

stfu idiot that was your boy George Bush.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

djssniper posted:

Is this going to fall Lance Armstrong house of cards style? Because every knows right? (just hit on this thread)
It might. It looked like things had calmed down after sponsors like Nissan started asking for an investigation, but this seems like a pretty big deal. As others have said, there is every reason to believe Important People around the world could be facing jail time in US Prisons and if that is the case, there seems to be little chance of Blatter escaping without someone rolling on him.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
FIFA was an inside job

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

cheese posted:

It might. It looked like things had calmed down after sponsors like Nissan started asking for an investigation, but this seems like a pretty big deal. As others have said, there is every reason to believe Important People around the world could be facing jail time in US Prisons and if that is the case, there seems to be little chance of Blatter escaping without someone rolling on him.

Yeah if some of these guys are gonna get sent to Federal PTMA prison for this you better believe they'll squeal on anyone and everyone to get off.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Honest Question:

So the Swiss Government has told FIFA's local workers (Swiss citizens, office drones?) they are not to leave the country and we all know they're doing an investigation into the 2018/22 bidding process.

Here's the question. So Switzerland will never under any circumstances divulge the details or contents of a Swiss bank account to another country, but are THEY allowed to look into them? I'd imagine the answer is yes because otherwise their police are pretty toothless. On the other hand, this is still Switzerland we're talking about.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Have the FIFA frauds paid yet?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Psybro posted:

FIFA was an inside job

I know this was a joke, but this is literally how the FBI goes after these cases and now it's basically a rush to see which one of those just indicted roll on everyone, including Blatter first.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Pook Good Mook posted:

Honest Question:

So the Swiss Government has told FIFA's local workers (Swiss citizens, office drones?) they are not to leave the country and we all know they're doing an investigation into the 2018/22 bidding process.

Here's the question. So Switzerland will never under any circumstances divulge the details or contents of a Swiss bank account to another country, but are THEY allowed to look into them? I'd imagine the answer is yes because otherwise their police are pretty toothless. On the other hand, this is still Switzerland we're talking about.

Yeah the Swiss are allowed to look into Swiss accounts they just are very very careful when or they lose the discretion that gets Swiss banking its business.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Polidoro posted:

What do black neighborhoods got to do with FIFA?

they're higher votes per dollar, duh

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Pook Good Mook posted:

So Switzerland will never under any circumstances divulge the details or contents of a Swiss bank account to another country

this is not true

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

this thread went to poo poo quick

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

baram. posted:

this thread went to poo poo quick

like FIFA

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

vyelkin posted:

Americans.

Said the Canadian who just typed "lol just lol"

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Seltzer posted:

Said the Canadian who just typed "lol just lol"

Oh you mad.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Nah I just don't like Canadians posting "Americans" about poo poo when they're bigger retards than us.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Americans

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Seltzer posted:

Nah I just don't like Canadians posting "Americans" about poo poo when they're bigger retards than us.

That's not the point. The point is Vyelkin is a better poster than 99% of the Americans in here.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Suqit posted:

That's not the point. The point is Vyelkin is a better poster than 99% of the Americans in here.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Otter Burgers

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Suqit posted:

:ironicat:

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
I've been smiling and dancing all day, and all last night when I first heard about this, and I can only assume while I was sleeping in between. Today is the best day of my life.

This is the greatest thing to happen to sports since baseball was integrated. I wasn't this happy when we caught Bin Laden.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
So is Nike the company that the DOJ caught bribing FIFA? It hasn't been disclosed yet, but the report says a "major US clothing manufacturer" and Nike fits the bill because of their sponsorship.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socce...mail&soc_trk=ma

Goon spotted.
At the center of the case, which was put together by the FBI and the Department of Justice, is a 70-year-old, morbidly obese American named Chuck Blazer.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

I think I've been epically owned. Mods?

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Mr. Mambold posted:

Otter Burgers

Are they

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Who are all these people in this thread?

If having a horrendously corrupt football organisation means we don't have a million Americans I'm this forum then hell, I'll lobby for Sepp myself.

seriously, please make sure these fuckers can never be involved in football again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I hope all the new posters stick around, we need some new blood, and a concussion thread.