Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ariong posted:

If Davesprite and Jadesprite are anything to go by, Jasprose will pretty much just be Rose plus meows plus distrust of dogs. On the other hand, Jaspersprite had been around much longer than most sprites, long enough to develop his own personality. We may be looking at a new entity with the memories and traits of both of its parts, a la Fefeta.

Not exactly. With Davesprite and Jadesprite Dave and Jade were the ones who went in the sprite last. From what we've seen the last one in becomes the dominant personality, and the first one (the crow and Bec respectively) in is more or less subdued (this also seem to be true with Arquiusprite who is clearly more AR than Equius). With Jasprosesprite Jaspersprite went into Rosesprite, he is the last one in the sprite and thus the dominant personality.

So, yeah, Rosesprite (or whatever's left of her) has cat brain now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Somebody on Tumblr had the genius insight that if you combine JasperRosesprite^2 and Calliope you may get the equal and opposite power to Caliborn. (scrolled down too fast to save the link.)

Who is Jasper supposed to be the opposite of?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It seems equally reasonable to say that the smarter part of the fusion is the dominant personality, since that's also true in all cases.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

paradoxGentleman posted:

Who is Jasper supposed to be the opposite of?

Li'l Cal.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Burkion posted:

Huh. Her clothes cycle colors similar to Lord English' coat.

Wonder if that'll mean anything down the line.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Somebody on Tumblr had the genius insight that if you combine JasperRosesprite^2 and Calliope you may get the equal and opposite power to Caliborn. (scrolled down too fast to save the link.)

Hussie once said, somewhere, that the pink moon on Alternia was going to turn out to have some significance. The most significant it's come to be so far is that Meenah apparently escaped there in Beforus times, but it was prominently featured in [S] Roxy: Sleepwalk during a meeting between Roxy and Rose. Since Alternia's other moon, the green one, was placed there by Lord English and/or Scratch, it might be that the pink moon was a counterforce, either literally or symbolically.

Assuming Caliborn doesn't pull a lovely twist (wherein the king and queen are switched) we might might indeed get a dead Calliope mashup in the future for an anti-English.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Hussie once said, somewhere, that the pink moon on Alternia was going to turn out to have some significance. The most significant it's come to be so far is that Meenah apparently escaped there in Beforus times, but it was prominently featured in [S] Roxy: Sleepwalk during a meeting between Roxy and Rose. Since Alternia's other moon, the green one, was placed there by Lord English and/or Scratch, it might be that the pink moon was a counterforce, either literally or symbolically.

Assuming Caliborn doesn't pull a lovely twist (wherein the king and queen are switched) we might might indeed get a dead Calliope mashup in the future for an anti-English.

It's all coming together.

Also everyone called her becoming part cat, but no one called this amount of bullshit. Well played Hussie. Well played.

COME ON JOHNSPRITE

What was John's animal again? All I can think of are Ghosts.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Burkion posted:

COME ON JOHNSPRITE

Casey seems like the inevitable solution, given that Liv Tyler is gone.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Casey seems like the inevitable solution, given that Liv Tyler is gone.

RABBITS that's right.

I'm sure one of the Alpha kids has a bunny hiding somewhere. I think Roxy has a few.

We just need a spare dead John and we're loving set

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Burkion posted:

It's all coming together.

Also everyone called her becoming part cat, but no one called this amount of bullshit. Well played Hussie. Well played.

COME ON JOHNSPRITE

The last empty kernelsprite is Jake's and it is green, if John goes in it he will be a green ghost.

A green, slimey ghost.

No loving way this isn't happening.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

John will be prototyped with the Green Slime Pogo and no knee in Paradox Space will go unscraped.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Burkion posted:

RABBITS that's right.

I'm sure one of the Alpha kids has a bunny hiding somewhere. I think Roxy has a few.

We just need a spare dead John and we're loving set

Ooh, I thought I'd be the one to have to bring rabbits up. Remember that 'Lil Seb is on Earth with Caliborn. Those rabbits have a path through paradox space that's more convoluted than Lil Cal's.

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

Ariong posted:

Look how ecstatic Terezi is at this ridiculous development.

She's lucky she doesn't have nasal epilepsy, I don't think she'd be able to handle the way Jasprosesprite is rapidly alternating between bubblegum and lavender.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Two Inch Bee posted:

She's lucky she doesn't have nasal epilepsy, I don't think she'd be able to handle the way Jasprosesprite is rapidly alternating between bubblegum and lavender.
I do have photosensitive migraine, and every panel with Jasprosesprite^2 is literally painful. :( A small price to pay for such beauty.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I do have photosensitive migraine, and every panel with Jasprosesprite^2 is literally painful. :( A small price to pay for such beauty.

Just curious: Do Lord English's eyes have the same painful effect?

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 28, 2015

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Just curious: Do Lord English's eye's have the same painful effect?
Oh, God yes. And his coat e:and sarcophagus are worse. I basically have to read any page with Lord English on it through my peripheral vision; sometimes I actually block off the picture with my hand so I can read the pesterlog/caption.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Oh, God yes. And his coat e:and sarcophagus are worse. I basically have to read any page with Lord English on it through my peripheral vision; sometimes I actually block off the picture with my hand so I can read the pesterlog/caption.

How strangely fitting.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Magres posted:

Jaspersprite prototyped with for a jasper/octopus/rose triple-prototyped, two kernel, sprite-squared?

I dunno why but this phrase made me think

Jaspersprite foreverially prototyped with for a jasper/octopus/rose triple-prototyped, two kernel, sprite-squared, bologna and cheese and loving it

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I sure hope GCAT doesn't jump into this too! That would be cattierstrophic!

Phew. Now to read the rest of the thread to see if anyone came up with that one first.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ragnar34 posted:

I sure hope GCAT doesn't jump into this too! That would be cattierstrophic!

Phew. Now to read the rest of the thread to see if anyone came up with that one first.

No one did, but now I wish I had. I missed out on making the pun of the century, what a cattastrophe...

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Blackheart posted:

I dunno why but this phrase made me think

Jaspersprite foreverially prototyped with for a jasper/octopus/rose triple-prototyped, two kernel, sprite-squared, bologna and cheese and loving it

oh jeez, that guy

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hold on, did they say where Jake went?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Hold on, did they say where Jake went?

No, but one assumes that he went to go face off against Spades.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Ariong posted:

Look how ecstatic Terezi is at this ridiculous development.

Instantly made me think of this:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jade and Rose's upcoming reunion just got a lot more awkward

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wait

Can Condy animal-control sprites?

That could make everything backfire.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Grouchio posted:

Wait

Can Condy animal-control sprites?

That could make everything backfire.

Well, she can definitely flip people who are a combination of animal, sprite, and human.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Some truly high-level nonsense has just occurred.

All the un-prototyped sprites are going to combine and it will be glorious.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Gcatavrosprite is happening and it's going to be allergic to itself and cause horrifying things to occur. All my money is still in on this.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This update was everything I could have dreamed of, seriously. I was laughing like a loon on ether.

My theory is that Dirk has an abstract aesthetic appreciation of Jane's rear end, and thus it is proven that all Strilondes think Jane has a great rear end. Dirk, the outlier, is the only one who doesn't think of her as hot. Suck it, Jake.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Dave Sprite will turn out to be alive, and we'll all be surprised by the incredible twist. Whoa... he was alive the whole time. And he's gonna be prototyped with something else.

Meanwhile Nannasprite will merge with Tavrosprite, giving John an Jane nightmares forever.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

nerdbot posted:

Gcatavrosprite is happening and it's going to be allergic to itself and cause horrifying things to occur. All my money is still in on this.

I imagine that would result in an explosion. Hey, that's a pretty handy way of getting rid of a first guardian! Might want to clear the room first though.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
It's really something that it hasn't exploded. Javrose now has concurrent memories of being psychoanalysed by him/her/itself, or alternatively animal memories from when it was still a dumb cat and probably affection for him/her/itself as hierm's owner/pet, etc etc

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
I wonder if Jasprosesprite can be mind-controlled by the Condesce. :v:

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Hiveminded posted:

It's really something that it hasn't exploded. Javrose now has concurrent memories of being psychoanalysed by him/her/itself, or alternatively animal memories from when it was still a dumb cat and probably affection for him/her/itself as hierm's owner/pet, etc etc

Eh. Jadesprite didn't seem to freak out over becoming Bec. At least, no more so than becoming alive in general.

Also there's no way the last sprite is t going to be John and Liv Tyler/Terry Kiser/Li'l Sebastien.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Plom Bar posted:

Also there's no way the last sprite is t going to be John and Liv Tyler/Terry Kiser/Li'l Sebastien.

But Li'l Seb is an instance of Caliborn/Lord English/whatever. I've lost track of which rabbits are still in existence. (That rabbit flash we got a few updates ago is probably worth a rewatch.)

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Plom Bar posted:

Eh. Jadesprite didn't seem to freak out over becoming Bec. At least, no more so than becoming alive in general.

Sure, but Jadesprite didn't have any aspects of Bec's "personality" aside from being a bit doggish, while it's absolutely going to be/is the case that Javrose is an abomination that has usurped Rosesprite. "Meow meow motherfuckers" is not something Rose would say as any sort of punchline, not because "meow meow" but rather for the "[something(hello)] motherfuckers"; it's completely not her style. Jasper, on the other hand, would've been suitably mischievous and mercurial to say something like that if he had any push to be something other than a stereotypical talking cat princess. I think?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Someone pointed this out on tumblr:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002884

god dammit hussie

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

But Li'l Seb is an instance of Caliborn/Lord English/whatever. I've lost track of which rabbits are still in existence. (That rabbit flash we got a few updates ago is probably worth a rewatch.)

Alpha session con air rabbit is in Lil Seb. The two instances of the beta bunny that went through the portal with their owners and got their timeline scratched up are in Jane's house all dressed up after they were given to her as presents

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Hiveminded posted:

Sure, but Jadesprite didn't have any aspects of Bec's "personality" aside from being a bit doggish, while it's absolutely going to be/is the case that Javrose is an abomination that has usurped Rosesprite. "Meow meow motherfuckers" is not something Rose would say as any sort of punchline, not because "meow meow" but rather for the "[something(hello)] motherfuckers"; it's completely not her style. Jasper, on the other hand, would've been suitably mischievous and mercurial to say something like that if he had any push to be something other than a stereotypical talking cat princess. I think?

I would disagree with that. Rose can be quite curt when she wants to be.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

No, L'il Seb wandered off before Dirk sucked the peanut gallery into Cal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Enourmo posted:

Someone pointed this out on tumblr:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002884

god dammit hussie

Somebody pointed it out in this thread.