Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Martman posted:

I love how quickly Abed started essentially teleporting around the wedding. He was constantly filming entire conversations using multiple angles and not appearing where he should have been.

Well, there were two camera crews, right? Wasn't there a gag where they showed Britta doing a separate talking head with a different crew at the same time as Annie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus Louise
Jan 4, 2007

They're coming to get you, Barbara.

Android Blues posted:

With the frequent drops of Frankie being possibly gay, I'm maybe picking up some tension between her and Annie. They've had a few scenes where they just hang out one on one and bond, it'd be cool if that was building to something.

[Insert Pierce/Abed video from season two here].

I wasn't sure if she was into Annie or into Jeff, but she's definitely into one of them. I hope it's Annie, because I'd love for there to be a woman in the group Jeff has NO chance with.

Annie and Abed are doing all the things I assume Abed does with girls he dates (the Mr & Mrs Smith moment last ep, the film they were making in this one), they might as well just call it out at this point.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Todd's speech is so good. I forgot about that.

What if I'M GOD?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This was my favorite episode of Keith David. He nailed every scene every time.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

Toxxupation posted:

i think it's fairly likely yahoo renews for s7, i wouldn't like bet on it or anything but from all the loose lips I keep on hearing that community has done really well for yahoo screen

although it's predicated on everyone staying onboard obvs
I wonder how likely it is that they'll just do a Yahoo Screen movie episode. I just can't fathom that they'd drop the opportunity to excite fans via the already-existing tagline 6seasonsandamovie. If anything, just doing a 90 minute long episode would probably work better for everyone involved as it'd be less of a commitment (and hey, maybe Mr.Glover will finally come back! A man can dream.)

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Jesus Louise posted:

Annie and Abed are doing all the things I assume Abed does with girls he dates (the Mr & Mrs Smith moment last ep, the film they were making in this one), they might as well just call it out at this point.
I think it's just Alison and Danny being tight tight friends.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I won't accept any plot developments that will foreclose the return of Brie Larson. Annie and Abed cannot be together.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
White people need encouragement

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
They could justify season 7 by forsaking the gas leak year...

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

EatinCake posted:

I wonder how likely it is that they'll just do a Yahoo Screen movie episode. I just can't fathom that they'd drop the opportunity to excite fans via the already-existing tagline 6seasonsandamovie. If anything, just doing a 90 minute long episode would probably work better for everyone involved as it'd be less of a commitment (and hey, maybe Mr.Glover will finally come back! A man can dream.)
I just always assumed it would be a TV (now internet) movie.

Nobody ever actually thought it would be screened theatrically... right? :ohdear:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Thumbtacks posted:

Todd's speech is so good. I forgot about that.

What if I'M GOD?

Typed the whole thing out since it still amuses me.

quote:

We are here to witness the union of Garrett and Stacy, in the eyes of...well, in the eyes of whatever power you choose. Personally, I find the notion of choosing to be needlessly limited. What if I'm...capable of total contradiction? What if science and religion were MINE to wield and control as I choose? What if I'm God? What if I'M...GOOOODDDD?

It is likely that I am not but I think it's totally out of line to take that possibility off of the table.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Thumbtacks posted:

Typed the whole thing out since it still amuses me.

Now THIS is a guy that knows how to transcribe dialogue! :cheers:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Echophonic posted:

Now THIS is a guy that knows how to transcribe dialogue! :cheers:

Any one of these posters could be God.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Any one of these posters could be God.
His delivery on that reminded me of the immortal Mr. Show line "All these goats are retarded."

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

phosdex posted:

i actually just graduated from a cc, our student speaker at commencement was graduating after having been there for 6 years.

A community college commencement ceremony sounds like the most depressing thing in the world. That, and pet marriages.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
No, that'd be your posting, Joe.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

I still like Community and I enjoyed this episode, but the show has lost heart and that's a shame because that's what drew me into the show in the first place.

Stuff like Jeff and Shirley being awkward and learning how to get along, or Pierce comforting Jeff after his breakup with the professor, or Troy overcoming his phobia to help his friend. That stuff doesn't really happen any more, or if it does it's so zany it lacks meaning.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Last Chance posted:

Well, there were two camera crews, right? Wasn't there a gag where they showed Britta doing a separate talking head with a different crew at the same time as Annie?
That's true, but I think there's still scenes where it just doesn't make sense. In the scene where the group gets called out by Garrett's mom, there's a bunch of places where there will be a shot from right behind someone and then you cut to a camera looking straight at them and there's no one anywhere behind them.

I guess it could maybe be explained by Abed being ridiculously good at hiding from the other cameras.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
So next episode they're obviously going to introduce Frankie's sister and lesbian lover right? She's been dropping that info quite a bit and it would be unusual to not have it lead up to anything in the last episode.

And I guess she's into Jeff? Okay.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Are people interpreting her line about getting Annie away from Jeff as Frankie being into Jeff, or was there something I missed? Because I interpreted that as "Annie's relationship with Jeff is codependent and bad for her, she needs to get away from him."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sefer posted:

Are people interpreting her line about getting Annie away from Jeff as Frankie being into Jeff, or was there something I missed? Because I interpreted that as "Annie's relationship with Jeff is codependent and bad for her, she needs to get away from him."

Yeah, that's what I was getting from it too.

Or

Now that's how you interpret a scene!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
So I just read a preview for the next episode off of the Community reddit. Don't go over the spoiler. There is a surprise I wish I didn't see.

Episode 13 (Season Finale): Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television
Guest Stars: Paget Brewster, Keith David, Yvette Nicole Brown, Seth Green
As their sixth year at Greendale draws to a close, Abed (Danny Pudi) asks everyone to imagine pitching a TV show about what they would do in season seven. Joel McHale, Alison Brie, Gillian Jacobs, Jim Rash and Ken Jeong also star.
Directed by: Rob Schrab
Written by: Dan Harmon and Chris McKenna

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lt. Danger posted:

I still like Community and I enjoyed this episode, but the show has lost heart and that's a shame because that's what drew me into the show in the first place.

Stuff like Jeff and Shirley being awkward and learning how to get along, or Pierce comforting Jeff after his breakup with the professor, or Troy overcoming his phobia to help his friend. That stuff doesn't really happen any more, or if it does it's so zany it lacks meaning.

Jeff and sometimes pierce were the ones that usually needed to learn emotional lessons each episode. Now pierce is gone and Jeff is drunk all the time.

Still funny though. And Jeff needing to be taught the same thing over and over was wearing thin anyway.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

I think part of the problem this season is that none of the characters have goals anymore and those that do aren't making any progress towards them. The characters just kind of exist and weird poo poo keeps happening to them for no reason/incompetence.

It's not that the show isn't funny it's just hard to get invested in the characters anymore because they've got nowhere to go.

It doesn't help that show acknowledges this on several occasions, but chooses to do nothing about it.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
On some level, yeah the lampshading can seem a bit lazy. I kinda wish they stuck with the original plan of gradually moving everyone off campus and just have everyone still hang out, but have day jobs and poo poo.

However, I'm okay with it now because I still laugh at this comedy show with good actors I like to watch.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Why the gently caress can't I get episode 12 on Chromecast? All the other episodes have that option but it disappears on ep 12.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
In the incest-episode ending, did they make Dan look extra dishevelled and greying, or is he always like that these days?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

prefect posted:

In the incest-episode ending, did they make Dan look extra dishevelled and greying, or is he always like that these days?

That's not him

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
The fake Dan might be the funniest thing in the episode. Every time I see a picture of him I burst out laughing. He's just so disheveled.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

In It For The Tank posted:

The fake Dan might be the funniest thing in the episode. Every time I see a picture of him I burst out laughing. He's just so disheveled.

His constant :stare: face is amazing.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The half empty bottle of vodka in front of him was funny as well.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

prefect posted:

I sort of took that it's how he looks to everyone who's working for him after a few deadlines have come and gone

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I laughed when Garrett's brother Bones showed up, because Dan Harmon's semi-estranged brother also goes by "Bones."

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I imagine the entire wedding was a fairly accurate recreation of Dan's wedding. Except for the incest. Maybe.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

I imagine the entire wedding was a fairly accurate recreation of Dan's wedding. Except for the incest. Maybe.

Wish I could've had Keith David at MY wedding... Come to think of it, I didn't have any black people at my wedding.

Oh poo poo, am I... am I a self-racist prover? :ohdear:

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Brocktoon posted:

Why the gently caress can't I get episode 12 on Chromecast? All the other episodes have that option but it disappears on ep 12.

It was a pain in the rear end to find on the yahoo site too for some reason. Someone posted a direct link in the last page or so which is the only way I could get to it.

If the videos that were posted were any indication, not a lot of it. No choreographed flash mob, that's for sure.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I actually felt that this one was too much cringe comedy on the part of the gang making asses of themselves, but I enjoyed the rest of the episode and loved the tag.

I found it to be a fairly entertaining episode but every single character felt like they were written by someone new on the first day of writing for the show.

Post-mom-chat I actually was suspecting they'd all been given drugs somehow...

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Feenix posted:

Post-mom-chat I actually was suspecting they'd all been given drugs somehow...

Well yeah of course they were; they were all very clearly drunk.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Except Britta, who was clearly massively stoned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

John Dough posted:

Except Britta, who was clearly massively stoned.

I love Britta.

• Locked thread