Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You're gonna jack off to the video game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

You're gonna jack off to the video game?

please don't gamer shame

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm very happy with my purchase but (a) bloodborne needs a 3gig patch and (b) they somehow still haven't fixed wifi download speeds from the ps3 does anyone know if I can fix this?? Its giving me four hours to download this patch

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

I'm very happy with my purchase but (a) bloodborne needs a 3gig patch and (b) they somehow still haven't fixed wifi download speeds from the ps3 does anyone know if I can fix this?? Its giving me four hours to download this patch

yea... if you wait four hours, itll be done.

Dec 26, 2012

Benny D posted:

i can fix it for you, in four hours

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

you guys are the best

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
buy a wireless n router is the actual answer, which still isn't helpful

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Benny D posted:

my body is ready

my nbody is ready is a funny rear end meme my dude. lmfao

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
nice... bloodborne is here, let me just gather up my nootropics and gently caress oils for a funny pic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

nice... bloodborne is here, let me just gather up my nootropics and gently caress oils for a funny pic

he probably wants to play it off as a funny staged pic, but i 100% believe he keeps a bottle of nootropics and jack off oil next to his tv.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

he probably wants to play it off as a funny staged pic, but i 100% believe he keeps a bottle of nootropics and jack off oil next to his tv.

heck, It's what I do.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

ahem it's jack off gel

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Been playing a ton of ds2 lately and getting used to fast stepping is a little jarring but this game is awesome. Saw blade is hella fun

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've been playing souls games non-stop since... at least november, and maybe even earlier. i think i'm going to put this to bed once i finish this character, at least for a few weeks. maybe play the witcher, since i split that with my roomie, and i might as well get some utility out of it.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Five deaths in centra yarnham. It feels so awesome to be awful at a souls game again

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm doing this as blind as possible but can someone explain to me what's going on with my health meter? It'll go down but sometimes before it actually goes down if I'm laying into an enemy it sometimes goes back up again? I haven't figured it out

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Benny D posted:

I'm doing this as blind as possible but can someone explain to me what's going on with my health meter? It'll go down but sometimes before it actually goes down if I'm laying into an enemy it sometimes goes back up again? I haven't figured it out

rally. when u take damage you can hit enemies to regain some of the hp you lost. its a risk reward type joint

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
some weapons are also better at it than others

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Benny D posted:

if you notice, there's a ghost bar like in fighting games that shows how much health you had before you took the damage, but also,

rediscover posted:

rally. when u take damage you can hit enemies to regain some of the hp you lost. its a risk reward type joint

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
if you attack fast enough and hit hard enough you can get all the health back because it drains after a small pause... not quick enough 2 escape my kirkslammer healing me back to full

Dec 26, 2012

some gems also make you better at rallying

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
Ebrietas was surprisingly easy. Really fun and intense fight though. Now for mergos loft!

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

01011001 posted:

some gems also make you better at rallying

Yeah... they suck though. They didn't really plan out how stats are weighted on Blood Gems at all. I think +%rally is found up to the same amounts as +%attack, and attack will recover you the same extra health as a rally gem through way of the extra damage.

Maybe I'm wrong and you can find some crazy +50% rally boosts but I haven't seen any. All the cool non-standard gems are pretty worthless unfortunately by how low their numbers are. [+hp regen, -stamina costs, +%vs kin, etc]

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
It'd be really cool for build variety to be able to have like +100% rally in a whip gem slot and nifty load outs like that, instead of everyone socketing the 3 biggest +dmg gems they can find for their particular damage type.

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
These singing brain ladies are very irksome.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Saki posted:

These singing brain ladies are very irksome.

i never killed one of them and just constantly ran past them

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
decided to do a lvl 10 run instead of a lvl 4 run so i can use the tonitrus and the beast claw and maybe the burial blade for the final chalice dungeons,. ill upload any cool boss fights i have

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

decided to do a lvl 10 run instead of a lvl 4 run so i can use the tonitrus and the beast claw and maybe the burial blade for the final chalice dungeons,. ill upload any cool boss fights i have

Good luck

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to continue waiting for the dlc and not getting the platinum

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i guess i should spoil this since that new guy just showed up, but RE: the real last boss

i had the gehrman betrayal spoiled or me because my phone has google now (where it sees what you're searching for and provides automatic news stories about it) and one of them was some clickbait video game site with "BLOODBORNE: AMAZING SECRET LAST BOSS FIGHT" and a picture of gehrman

anyway, he's a lot harder than any other boss i've faced so far, mostly because i don't ever bother to parry. once i tried a run where i parried him it went a lot quicker, but his phase two is still hard for me. i've only tried it 5 or 6 times so far, though. i may upgrade a quicker, less ammo intensive gun, and try it with that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i guess i should spoil this since that new guy just showed up, but RE: the real last boss

i had the gehrman betrayal spoiled or me because my phone has google now (where it sees what you're searching for and provides automatic news stories about it) and one of them was some clickbait video game site with "BLOODBORNE: AMAZING SECRET LAST BOSS FIGHT" and a picture of gehrman

anyway, he's a lot harder than any other boss i've faced so far, mostly because i don't ever bother to parry. once i tried a run where i parried him it went a lot quicker, but his phase two is still hard for me. i've only tried it 5 or 6 times so far, though. i may upgrade a quicker, less ammo intensive gun, and try it with that.

he's my favorite fight in the game

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
its a great fight, second only to father gascoigne which is maybe my favorite boss fight ever

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

he's my favorite fight in the game

it does feel good to have found a real challenge, since i feel like i've steamrolled past everything else once i figured out the catch to the fight. that's probably just because the souls series has a certain number of patterns for bosses, and once you get the basics down it's just a matter of learning animation tells and timing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

it does feel good to have found a real challenge, since i feel like i've steamrolled past everything else once i figured out the catch to the fight. that's probably just because the souls series has a certain number of patterns for bosses, and once you get the basics down it's just a matter of learning animation tells and timing.

yeah his moveset is really unique and the speed of the fight is fun and nerve racking. Did you get 3 umbilical cords btw?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

yeah his moveset is really unique and the speed of the fight is fun and nerve racking. Did you get 3 umbilical cords btw?

i had given up until the last thing i fought dropped one. also, should i attack the non-interactive NPC that's just outside of that fight? i considered it, but decided against it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i had given up until the last thing i fought dropped one. also, should i attack the non-interactive NPC that's just outside of that fight? i considered it, but decided against it.

I don't know what npc that is, maybe I missed it? Where is it at

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

if you go back to that npc after the fight something happens

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

yarnham chilling outsite mergo's wet nurse, if you go back up to her after the boss fight she bows and disappears

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

yarnham chilling outsite mergo's wet nurse, if you go back up to her after the boss fight she bows and disappears

Ohhh yeah I did that. I thought he meant in the hunters dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

the pthumerian queen, or at least a ghost of her, is outside of the mergo wetnurse boss door, crying and looking at the moon. she doesn't have talk dialog, but i'm assuming that since she's a solid object she can be attacked.

also, i was curious what to do with the unopened cainhurst summons and couldn't figure it out, so i googled it and finished the questline by telling alfred about it, letting him kill the queen, and then murdering him at his moment of greatest triumph, only to collect the queen goop from the altar and resurrect it at ebrietas' arena, and then finish by joining the vilebloods. i'd like to think that's the story canon for that event.