Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

My anime game!! :negative:

It's a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Fuzz posted:

What the hell game is that?

Please play Ghost Trick.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Ghost Trick aka the best game on the DS.

I played Ghost Trick recently. It's a good game. The conclusion didn't really blow me away, but the individual setpieces and characters are great. Phoenix Wright 1 and Investigations 2 are still better, imo.

The best DS game is Elite Beat Agents, though. That game is basically perfect.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Look at you, haven't played Ghost Trick. Sad.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Ghost Trick aka the best game on the DS.

I just beat Ghost Trick for the first time this weekend and it was fantastic.

I went in blind to avoid spoilers, after I finished the game I read up on it and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was developed by the lead dev of the Ace Attorney games.

Can't recommend Ghost Trick enough to anyone who likes Phoenix Wright/Professor Layton style games or really any sort of adventure games in general.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Parker Lewis posted:

Can't recommend Ghost Trick enough to anyone who likes Phoenix Wright/Professor Layton style games or really any sort of adventure games in general.

I love those styles of games and also haven't played Ghost Trick. The fact your name is Parker Lewis is another sign that it's going to be excellent. Thanks for the hookup! (last great DS game I never played before was Contra 4)

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I got Ghost Trick a long while ago and somehow forgot about it and played through it a month ago. It's great and everyone should play it, also pretty cheap to get used maybe even new....20 new on Amazon, 14ish used, totally worth it for either price.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tyson Tomko posted:

I love those styles of games and also haven't played Ghost Trick. The fact your name is Parker Lewis is another sign that it's going to be excellent. Thanks for the hookup! (last great DS game I never played before was Contra 4)

Please keep the thread updated on your playthrough of a amazing game.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Ghost Trick is a great game but I thought that the gameplay sort of got in the way of the story by the end. I was burned out and didn't really want to PLAY it anymore, but the story kept me going. But it's also the kind of story you can't really appreciate without experiencing it in game form. It's really interesting. Just, do yourself a favor and look up a guide for Chapter 9.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Ghost Trick looks pretty anime

:can:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

irlZaphod posted:

It can't be anime since I liked it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

It is, another reason Ghost Trick is really good.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

oh no!!!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

irlZaphod posted:

good

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Goddammit I just spent actual money on what turned out to be the Game Gear version of Sonic 2 :mad:

Game Gear :argh:

e: but seriously if Sega ever gets around to porting Sonic 2, 3, and & Knuckles my money will fly immediately into their faces

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I remember Game Gear Sonic 2 being pretty good actually. I remember playing it at a friend's house and getting a lot farther than him even though I'd never played it because I'm a Nintendo gamer (a real gamer)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i still have my game gear

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

greatn posted:

I remember Game Gear Sonic 2 being pretty good actually. I remember playing it at a friend's house and getting a lot farther than him even though I'd never played it because I'm a Nintendo gamer (a real gamer)

I might give it a shot at some point but at the moment I'm just too disappointed in it for not being Genesis Sonic 2 (the real Sonic 2)

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I remember borrowing Sonic 2 for my Game Gear and it was utter poo poo compared to Sonic 1, which in turn was gutter trash if you had access to the Genesis/Mega Drive games.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I used to go to school with my game gear instead of my gameboy and act like it was the best thing ever because lOOK AT THE COLORS.

All the kids would be like wow this is so cool I want one- but a part of me would always go "no actually these games are kinda poop" and let them play it. Eventually got asked why I kept bringing it then and I didn't really have a answer for it. I brought Pokemon Red the next couple days and some kid deleted my save file saying it was a "public game" now because I shared my toys. I stopped bringing games like that.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

loquacius posted:

but seriously if Sega ever gets around to porting Sonic 2, 3, and & Knuckles my money will fly immediately into their faces

I hope you keep that promise, mister, 'cause I want them to do more 3D classics.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I took my Game Gear camping once and it died before I started camping

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Fuzz posted:

Please play Ghost Trick.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

I hope you keep that promise, mister, 'cause I want them to do more 3D classics.

:woop: Helllll yeah

The Genesis Sonics really did increase exponentially in quality with every release (excepting 3D Blast of course); pity the franchise took such a nosedive after that.

noirstronaut posted:

I took my Game Gear camping once and it died before I started camping

I had a Sega Nomad that was basically unusable unless it was plugged into my mom's minivan's cigarette lighter. Thing came with a battery pack that took 8 AAs, resembled a tiny backpack, and was good for about 20 minutes of playtime.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Also it is really weird to me that unless I'm missing something the 3DS virtual console just plain doesn't have any 16-bit titles; the few classic SNES/Genesis titles you can find in the store are all direct ports. What gives?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Healbot posted:

It can't be anime since I liked it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Ghost Trick is also on IOS for a buck sometimes and you can play the first chapter for free. It's pretty good.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Isn't Ghost Trick one of those iOS games that didn't get updated for newer phones and doesn't work on everything?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Isn't Ghost Trick one of those iOS games that didn't get updated for newer phones and doesn't work on everything?
I know that The World Ends With You was never updated to support modern iOS versions and Square's solution was to just remove it from the app store

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yup, broken and unplayable.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Excellent

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Some more EU release dates: NISA announced Etrian Mystery Dungeon for September 11 and Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker for October 30.

Also, Koei-Tecmo announced that the international version of Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 will not be getting the Hyrule Warriors Link/Zelda costumes from the JP version.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Also, Koei-Tecmo announced that the international version of Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 will not be getting the Hyrule Warriors Link/Zelda costumes from the JP version.

That's... really weird. I wonder why,.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

And More posted:

The best DS game is Elite Beat Agents, though. That game is basically perfect.

Wrong. The best DS game is Osu Tatake Ouendan. Plus the sequel.

loquacius posted:

Also it is really weird to me that unless I'm missing something the 3DS virtual console just plain doesn't have any 16-bit titles; the few classic SNES/Genesis titles you can find in the store are all direct ports. What gives?

Nintendo is really strict about how good their VC games can be. If it isn't basically an exact representation of the original game, no glitches or anything, they won't pass it. It's likely SNES VC games just haven't met their standards yet.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kaethela posted:

Nintendo is really strict about how good their VC games can be. If it isn't basically an exact representation of the original game, no glitches or anything, they won't pass it. It's likely SNES VC games just haven't met their standards yet.

This doesn't exactly apply to their N64 VC releases.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

It's the reason they gave for not putting any GBA titles into it. :shrug:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kaethela posted:

It's the reason they gave for not putting any GBA titles into it. :shrug:

I don't think Nintendo has ever given a reason for that, actually. It's just more speculation.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

N64 games are bugfuck insanity code with no standardization whatsoever, so the requirements are probably more lenient. SNES games straight-up aren't happening because the resolution for them is taller than the 3DS's screen. GBA games are a SLIGHT possibility on the n3DS with ita extra cpu grunt, but they had to fudge a barebones lovely emulator for the Ambassador titles on the original model that is nowhere near Nintendo's standards.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

N64 games are bugfuck insanity code with no standardization whatsoever, so the requirements are probably more lenient. SNES games straight-up aren't happening because the resolution for them is taller than the 3DS's screen. GBA games are a SLIGHT possibility on the n3DS with ita extra cpu grunt, but they had to fudge a barebones lovely emulator for the Ambassador titles on the original model that is nowhere near Nintendo's standards.

It's not even about standards really. The GBA games freaking suck. You can't even close the system to pause them which is actually a lot more annoying than you'd think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Kaethela posted:

Wrong. The best DS game is Osu Tatake Ouendan. Plus the sequel.

I believe neither one has YMCA. That basically immediately disqualifies them. How else am I gonna hang out with all the boys? :colbert:

And More fucked around with this message at 11:35 on May 29, 2015