Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

I don't even know what the mechanic is. What is it exactly/how do you do it? I'm assuming it's like Battlefield style spawning.

Look at your gamepad and you can see the positions of all your teammates.
On the right hand side are your 3 teammates. If you tap on their name you will jump to them.
If they have an X on their name, they're dead.

Try and have a quick half second look at your squidmates surroundings before you jump.
Encroaching opposition ink colour rapidly gaining on your squidmate? Bad idea.
Squidmate by himself and kicking arse, and his ink isn't being coloured over? Good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Has anyone worked out the exp requirement curve yet?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
How is the latency for this game? Is it going to take some time to make it really polished or are lag problems mostly your SP's fault?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Edit: Nevermind, I don't pay attention.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Infinitum posted:

:siren: All squids and/or kids report to #splagoons on SynIRC :siren:
:getin:

I'm going through this thread now to compile your Nintendo IDs into a document.

To make things easier can you please list your
- NNID
- Country
- Preferred weapon (Optional)

:siren::pcgaming: Document is here :pcgaming::siren:

Added to OP, you're doing god's work, etc.

God drat this thread moves fast. I had to sleep! :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Make sure it's the updated one with the automated form mate and not that one!

Edit:This one.

Infinitum posted:

:siren: All squids and/or kids report to #splagoons on SynIRC :siren::getin:
Talk about how Team Cat is obviously the correct choice, and generally shoot the poo poo between rounds!

:mario::krakken: Please submit your NintendoIDs to this automated form! :krakken::mario:

:siren::pcgaming: Document is here :pcgaming::siren:
(If you have posted your NintendoID already, I have manually added it in. If it is not there, please submit the form!)

Cheers to Bread Set Jettison for suggesting Google Forms!

Please endlessly quote this and lets play some goddamn Splatoon!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Infinitum posted:

Make sure it's the updated one with the automated form mate and not that one!

Edit:This one.

Fixed! Thanks dude, good job.

Time to squid some kids.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Infinitum posted:

Try and have a quick half second look at your squidmates surroundings before you jump.
Encroaching opposition ink colour rapidly gaining on your squidmate? Bad idea.

Unless you have a bubble ready to go, in which case you can turn the tide as soon as you land.
Or if you have the ninja jump ability, then you might at least get the drop on someone because they won't see you coming.
Also if you have the inkstrike you could drop it on that location to scatter/splat the enemies before you jump in.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The safer TP is probably better, but man death from above roller is the most satisfying thing in this entire game.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I loving love the fast charger, very satisfying.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bread Set Jettison posted:

The safer TP is probably better, but man death from above roller is the most satisfying thing in this entire game.

Are you talking about when you're 3/4 of the way through a jump and transform back into a kid, then you press ZR to get the initial blast out of the way, land and your roller is ready to rock and roll straight away?
Because I have done that a few times and it is the best

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Are you talking about when you're 3/4 of the way through a jump and transform back into a kid, then you press ZR to get the initial blast out of the way, land and your roller is ready to rock and roll straight away?
Because I have done that a few times and it is the best

No i mean, literally death from above jump ontop of a nerd with a roller and splat them.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Pro move: setting off an inkstrike in enemy territory at the last second and watching the results map change in your favour after play has ended, your opponents powerless.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Splattershot Jr is a really amazing weapon. Squiffer has the most potential of the chargers IMO (kelp charger is maybe a close second). Basically any weapon with the bubbler super is really really good.

Just made level 10 today. That's the last match I'll get to play til tomorrow night. :( At least I'll be ready to rock when ranked opens tomorrow or monday.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is the squiffer the one that comes with the bubble? What does its subweapon does?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Kurtofan posted:

Is the squiffer the one that comes with the bubble? What does its subweapon does?

Squiffer's sub is the splat bomb (the pyramid-shaped one) and the super's the bubbler, yeah. It's a hell of an area denial weapon and a lot more versatile than most of the other chargers.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sade posted:

Squiffer's sub is the splat bomb (the pyramid-shaped one) and the super's the bubbler, yeah. It's a hell of an area denial weapon and a lot more versatile than most of the other chargers.

The one I'm talking about has the point sensor, what does that do?

edit: I'm talking about the classic squiffer.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 30, 2015

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Is it weird that I'd be willing to pay for more songs?

Seriously this soundtrack is awesome

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I love that Miiverse drawings show up on walls in the hub and during matches.

My last match started with a big BUSH DID 9/11 on a billboard.:allears:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I really like the REALLY heavy song. poo poo gets me at maximum hype.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The soundtrack owns but I wish the you're a kid you're a squid song was actually in the game

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Rorus Raz posted:

Is it weird that I'd be willing to pay for more songs?

Seriously this soundtrack is awesome

We're working on ripping the full audio from the disc currently, but until then, somebody has jack-out recordings here

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Do win streaks have an effect on anything? Also when/how do you get equipment with 2 or more bonuses

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Katana Gomai posted:

Do win streaks have an effect on anything? Also when/how do you get equipment with 2 or more bonuses

You can talk to Judd once a day and he'll give you money based on your current winstreak.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Thanks Internet posted:

You can talk to Judd once a day and he'll give you money based on your current winstreak.

:monocle: poo poo this is good to know

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

njsykora posted:

It won't unlock until enough people are rank 10 to keep it populated since I think when ranked is available people will abandon Turf War completely.

Ohohohohoho no way. If anything Ranked will be underpopulated.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Thanks Internet posted:

Could have used that before I turned off my Wii U at +6 :negative:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Thanks Internet posted:

i think you can talk to judd any time because i got paid by him a bunch of times yesterday, but i only played in hour long periods, so i never had a very high winstreak

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Thanks Internet posted:

It just occurred to me that if someone is completely dominating within a group this encourages them to get out and cash in, and they might be matched with other people when they come back.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Splatzones looks like hella fun. I cannot wait for it to be unlocked. I think playing a charger will make a lot more sense in that mode.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

mabels big day posted:

i think you can talk to judd any time because i got paid by him a bunch of times yesterday, but i only played in hour long periods, so i never had a very high winstreak

You can get a bonus once every time they change the maps, so about every four hours.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
what is splatzones

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

King of the hill style mode.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Suspicious Dish posted:

what is splatzones

Its the ranked mode. Essentially a big rectangle or some squares in the middle of the map need to be painted by your team. When you control the zone your timer ticks down. At zero you win.

E: You also get a penalty timer when you lose the zone too. I dont think that counts towards the final score if ithe match ends early or whatever. Also I think the rounds are longer.

E2: August we get another ranked mode that is basically TF2 payload and something called ~rainmaker~?

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 30, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
When can we paint the zone?

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

You can get a bonus once every time they change the maps, so about every four hours.

Not only this, but I believe your bonus status resets to zero when the maps change. This morning I was going to exit the lobby and get my bonus, but the maps changed RIGHT as I was going to do so and I went back to 0.0. :argh:

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

There's no time, hurry up!

Everything's so fantastic!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

No i mean, literally death from above jump ontop of a nerd with a roller and splat them.

God yes, that's the best. Even better is noticing they have two other people jumping to them, stomping the first guy, giving you just enough special charge to activate Kraken and wasting the other two right when they land.

We got our butts handed to us in the end, but pulling that off totally sold me on the Krak-On Roller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Communication errors are dropping me from games like crazy. Is this just the case when a host quits?

• Locked thread