Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

RareAcumen posted:

Gah, son of a bitch, she looks like someone that isn't who she's cosplaying but I can't put my finger on it.

ahem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

RareAcumen posted:

Gah, son of a bitch, she looks like someone that isn't who she's cosplaying but I can't put my finger on it.

Morticia Addams? :shrug:

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Renoistic posted:

The hair and expression makes me think of Asami from Legend of Korra, but they look nothing alike otherwise.

Well considering that Asami's design was a least partially based on Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist, it's not that much of a suprise.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Something fucky Photoshoppy is going on with this gal's proportions. Her entire head is as big around as her hips.

Listening to the Chipod Ironicast I was made gloriously aware of this guy wandering around C2E2.

VVV Oh wow. :psyduck: Thought something was going on with the left side of her legs but that escaped me entirely.

kinmik has a new favorite as of 17:28 on May 28, 2015

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Look at the cloth behind her.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Spookydonut posted:

Dummies. lol

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

I thought Serleena from MiB II.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Emily A. Stanton posted:

I wish I had taken pictures at the Symphony of the Goddess I attended in Calgary... there was some kick rear end costumes in attendance. An awesome Midna and a very brave Great Fairy. Countless Links.... ugh. So mad I just sat there and ogled instead of snapping away.

We ended up with an awesome skull kid, Ganon, and Hilda (among the unmentionable numbers of Links) here in Edmonton too! (I also did not take pictures.)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Lady Deathstrike? I dunno, just spitballin'.

Not being a viewer of anime, I thought it was meant to be Lady Deathstrike.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Renoistic posted:

The hair and expression makes me think of Asami from Legend of Korra, but they look nothing alike otherwise.

That's one of them, I suppose. I was thinking of an actual actress at first but her and Asami look pretty close too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Renoistic posted:

That's one of them, I suppose. I was thinking of an actual actress at first but her and Asami look pretty close too.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

They modeled Asami after lust anyway.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

My friend did a pretty adorable Nappa at Animazement (I think). In the past he did Armstrong, but I'm not sure if I posted it here in this thread.

edit: apparently I did not!! Here you go:

Pile of Kittens has a new favorite as of 08:41 on May 30, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Not the Armstrong that first came to mind.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Phoenix Comicon is currently running. A friend of mine went yesterday as Tina, and apparently found her parents.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Friend of mine found this on an old post on Imgur; McPanterson, is that you?

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Has anyone done a normal human scaled space marine and did it look dumb?

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

I think there's been some quality black templars that haven't been very blown up but your mileage may vary there

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
It's the torso to legs ratio that's always off. The shoulders they all normally get down pat.

Big fat man chests need big ol birthing hips to keep standing.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, that Black Templar looks like a bobble head. A really cool bobble head, but I just wanna poke his chin and watch him wobble. :3:

Arms on the Terminator are a bit off but the sheer size of the shoulders and waist draws attention away from them.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Spookydonut posted:

There's only one Spess Mahreen cosplay I've seen that got the proportions dead on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MyaE1vwtyk

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Hremsfeld posted:

Friend of mine found this on an old post on Imgur; McPanterson, is that you?

Oh man, these guys look badass! But no, not me! Both of my 40k Sororitas costumes are colored for the Order of Our Martyred Lady and this costume looks to be the Order of the Sacred Rose, if I'm not mistaken.

Aaaaand it's still not a finished costume since I posted progress last but whatever, here's what I'm working on now, I just finished this helmet last week! This weekend is leg weekend, haha.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

It isn't as blown up as it is supposed to be but I think that Slender Marine looks pretty slick.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

McPantserton posted:

Oh man, these guys look badass! But no, not me! Both of my 40k Sororitas costumes are colored for the Order of Our Martyred Lady and this costume looks to be the Order of the Sacred Rose, if I'm not mistaken.

Aaaaand it's still not a finished costume since I posted progress last but whatever, here's what I'm working on now, I just finished this helmet last week! This weekend is leg weekend, haha.

Never skip leg weekend.

also take your stinking clogs off me you drat dirty netherlander

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Spookydonut posted:

Ah, she's cosplaying a spacetime distortion. Very creative.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
His legend started in the 12th century.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Spookydonut posted:

Hulk cosplayers have a similar problem since that character is also human-shaped with wildly exaggerated proportions. People's solutions to the problem have have .... mixed ... results.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Never skip leg weekend.

Edit: poo poo, this guy actually did a really decent job
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8jfshCM3O8
http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/11/04/this-is-one-of-the-best-hulk-cosplays-you-ll-see-2405005?lt_source=external,manual

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 04:22 on May 31, 2015

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Just when you think you've seen it all...

I hope he sang the song.

goin' to Californiaaaaaaaa

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Hulk cosplayers have a similar problem since that character is also human-shaped with wildly exaggerated proportions. People's solutions to the problem have have .... mixed ... results.

Ironically, this would work much better as a Thing costume. (recolored and with a different head, of course)

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

McPantserton posted:

Are you going to make your own Frostmourne or get one of the replicas? Also have someone "leading" a horse around for you, or just carry some reins, and when people ask where your horse is, say his name is Invisible.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

President Ark posted:

Ironically, this would work much better as a Thing costume. (recolored and with a different head, of course)

These are a few of my favourite Things.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Decrepus posted:

It isn't as blown up as it is supposed to be but I think that Slender Marine looks pretty slick.

I like it too v:shobon:v reminds me of the artwork of the raptor marine in the taros campaign book.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

McPantserton posted:

My first thought was of this

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Spookydonut posted:

poo poo, THAT'S what was coming to mind for me! That probably my favorite 'Sauron Ripoff Armor' design, I keep meaning to pick it and the sequel up on Steam.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

These are a few of my favourite Things.

Well, Disney owns both Marvel and the Muppets, it was only a matter of time before they combined them.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

That helmet looks like it's made from cookie. Possibly scotch finger.

Hand baked in the ovens of Midgard!

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Ugh, gross, another victim of duckface syndrome. 2/10 would swipe left.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Spookydonut posted:

We need some Overlord/minions cosplay. Those games were too beautiful for this world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jamesman posted:

We need some Overlord/minions cosplay. Those games were too beautiful for this world.

They're making another one.

• Locked thread