Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

what if the patriarch came out and it was hitler? like, not robot future hitler or anything, but just 1944 adolf hitler in his dress uniform.

"Oh gently caress, Hitler is a Sharp! Run for i:zaeed:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

az posted:

At least three of his weapons are already in the voice chatter files. :ssh:

Most classes have between 2 and 4 weapons in the voice files already, so you can bet that the launch weapons are all done or at least decided on.

Oh, what do the voice files say?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Azran posted:

Seriously, it seems he decided to freak the gently caress out over nothing at all. Who cares about realism, even then there's a sense of verosimilitude - wouldn't it be weird for a six-chamber revolver to fire 30 bullets in full auto fire in the span of 10 seconds? Well yes, it'd be. So you just change the model to a full auto pistol instead of a six chamber revolver. Faustian is just mentioning that, if you put another auto/semi-auto shotgun in the game, and whose role is to do more damage but have a smaller magazine than the AA12, a Saiga would make sense because of how it looks and works, if you were to create such a weapon role to fill the "doesn't quite do anything" void in which the M4 dwells.

If I know gently caress all about guns (and I know really little about them because guns are boring), and I buy an AA12 and a Saiga in the game, I will immediately realize that both have magazines (and even if I don't, I'm just a Mouse 1 + R from learning it), the store will tell me which one does more damage, and the fact the Saiga has a more conventional magazine instead of big gently caress-off drum means I can give myself an idea of what's the tradeoff. There isn't anything wrong in just fixing the M4 numbers-wise, so whatever.

I mean, there are some weird opinions in this thread but this one isn't even spergy.

He said, writing a few paragraphs. They're not creating new weapons right now and that's a good move. Make the M4 hold ten shots if that's what it takes. Nobody cares.

what if the patriarch came out and it was hitler? like, not robot future hitler or anything, but just 1944 adolf hitler in his dress uniform.

That sounds like something only a literal Nazi would want. Is there something you want to tell the thread, Literal Nazi Furry? :colbert:

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 30, 2015

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I'm going to dissent: the caulking gun makes no goddamn sense and if all the Firebug weapons are weird special-ed MacGyver contraptions I might as well finish my 1,000,000 fire damage achievement in TF2. Plenty of legitimate military hardware lights things on fire without being a clone of existing class weapons, and the stuff that would be is awesome.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

On the other hand, MacGyver is awesome.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Chard posted:

Make the caulk N Burn play the MacGyver theme while firing TIA.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

I thought caulk was a sorta paste-like mass? How would it even spray fire at any sort of useful distance?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Krowley posted:

I thought caulk was a sorta paste-like mass? How would it even spray fire at any sort of useful distance?
People keep talking about burning caulk but you guys realise those aren't caulk tubes in the gun right

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Insert name here posted:

People keep talking about burning caulk but you guys realise those aren't caulk tubes in the gun right

Yes, why would anyone expect a weapon called the "Caulk n burn", made out of a caulk gun, have anything do do with caulk?

I didn't stare closely at the half obscured wording on the tubes myself either allriigt?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

DeusExMachinima posted:

He said, writing a few paragraphs. They're not creating new weapons right now and that's a good move. Make the M4 hold ten shots if that's what it takes. Nobody cares.

That sounds like something only a literal Nazi would want. Is there something you want to tell the thread, Literal Nazi Furry? :colbert:

I'm not sure the magazine capacity is what is wrong with the M4 so much as it is the reload speed, and a higher mag cap would exacerbate this due to how the gun is loaded. Also the current animation speeded up would look weird.

If they are into the possibility of dicking around with it though, they could use a shotgun speedloader.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Chard posted:

Well, he was, until he was written into some greenpeace warrior for earth mother gaia or whatever :(

FaustianQ posted:

I'm not sure the magazine capacity is what is wrong with the M4 so much as it is the reload speed, and a higher mag cap would exacerbate this due to how the gun is loaded. Also the current animation speeded up would look weird.

If they are into the possibility of dicking around with it though, they could use a shotgun speedloader.

Technically speaking the capacity is too low considering it has a full capacity mag tube but I'm not going to expect that attention of gun detail in a game like this.

But yes, one of those speedloader sticks would be loving cool.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So I finally decided to try out playing the Medic class, nothing crazy let's try normal.... :staredog: It's like playing medic flipped a switch that turned off the brains of all random pubbies.

This has been the biggest clusterfuck of player's I've seen in a stretch ever so far. My first stop being wave 1 (eer, we mean wave 3! sorry for that 60 second load time) with a level 13 medic that has a passion for Crovels and Scars, who fired one whole healing dart the whole time, from a pistol.

My last round for the night had a breath of fresh air. The level zero berserker swinging the katana I tossed him even with warnings it would grant no experience was the only one with any semblance of competence and teamwork mindset, and had a can do attitude helping me out as the commando that round constantly ran off solo and ran away from every scrake and pound until I started leading them to them (Commando Cause of death, standing still on top of two Hans grenades after I had already pumped every dart I had into them).

God bless you, random level zero zerker I have already forgotten the name of :britain:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
A lot of pubbies turn dumb when a medic joins in. They think that they don't have to worry about their health or safety anymore because medic friend will keep me healed. Not realizing that if they're taking more damage then the dart can heal they'll still die. Been trying out the other weapons as a medic to get a feel for them. Commando weapons don't really help me much since the Bullpup is like the Medic SMG but can't heal. AK and Scar are expensive and I might as well get the Medic Assault rifle then. I have however come to love the double barrel shotgun. I'll usually go as many waves as I can with the Medic shotgun and the Double Barrel as a back up. It works surprisingly well for crowd control. I'll drop the DB for the Medic Rifle against Hans because I need its ridiculous heal dart rate.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Section Z posted:

...and had a can do attitude helping me out as the commando that round constantly ran off solo and ran away from every scrake and pound until I started leading them to them (Commando Cause of death, standing still on top of two Hans grenades after I had already pumped every dart I had into them).

part of me feels for that dumb commando pubbie just because of how scary scrakes and fleshpounds can be for commandos. it might just be me not having their movements in KF2 down well, but I never feel like I'm doing anything but plinking away at them when I'm commando (unless I'm spamming grenades, which I do whenever I can). still not an excuse to chime in though imo.

DeusExMachinima posted:

no

Azran posted:

Oh, what do the voice files say?
SWAT is getting an MP5, MP7, and a P90

Literal Nazi Furry fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jun 2, 2015

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Revolver Bunker posted:

A lot of pubbies turn dumb when a medic joins in. They think that they don't have to worry about their health or safety anymore because medic friend will keep me healed. Not realizing that if they're taking more damage then the dart can heal they'll still die. Been trying out the other weapons as a medic to get a feel for them. Commando weapons don't really help me much since the Bullpup is like the Medic SMG but can't heal. AK and Scar are expensive and I might as well get the Medic Assault rifle then. I have however come to love the double barrel shotgun. I'll usually go as many waves as I can with the Medic shotgun and the Double Barrel as a back up. It works surprisingly well for crowd control. I'll drop the DB for the Medic Rifle against Hans because I need its ridiculous heal dart rate.

I've seen zerks stand in front of scrakes and FP's while small poo poo rips them shreds and then they get pissed at me when they inevitably die.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Sounds fun. Nothin' like a good ol' SAS-esque raid on a zed hotbed.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

I already knew about the P90, but man having SWAT just be SMGs is really underwhelming

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Finally trying hard mode more often than just peeking my head in every so often, since I don't play frequently enough to have anything but commando at level 15 (Whoo tac reload!).

I have a huge boner for Backup now that it works (Obviously switching it off on Hans). It is very liberating to be able to go hog wild with the 9mm and know all I need to know is one headshot to put down trash, or to just pull it out and go apeshit on a sudden pile of crawlers up the support's rear end instead of reloading my near empty rifles. Oh my loving god I love this thing even though it's probably super not optimal compared to taking bigger clips the entire time.

part of me feels for that dumb commando pubbie just because of how scary scrakes and fleshpounds can be for commandos. it might just be me not having their movements in KF2 down well, but I never feel like I'm doing anything but plinking away at them when I'm commando (unless I'm spamming grenades, which I do whenever I can). still not an excuse to chime in though imo.
I understand this from A normal teamwork gameplay standpoint. But this guy was basically running off to the opposite sides of the map to wage a one man war on anything that didn't spawn near us. If we ended up wandering into him when only trash was around, he'd gently caress right off just as much as he would be it was a scrake or fleshpound.

Part of why I probably why I'm not constantly getting my poo poo wrecked as much as I thought I would in Hard (aka, "Real Normal") is because I tend to wingman the gently caress out of things, which means I tend to be slightly off to the side and behind people when poo poo goes down (or making constant 180's to check if I need to murder gorefasts lodging their blades up the medic's anus again). I learned my lesson not to throw myself between Hans and other players to get grabbed though. Being constantly darted up to max from 99% health doesn't matter when suddenly nobody is healing you at all while you get drained after a dive tackle in front of the medic :downs: (Guess who survived to the end though, hint, it wasn't somebody level 25)

Crawlers continue to be the bane of my existence though. All of my embarrassing deaths on hard have been from suddenly coming to a dead stop on a single crawler while being swarmed.

it really just makes me wonder what the class bonuses are gonna be like to compensate for the low damage weapons. I have a feeling that might be what makes the class interesting.

plus the medic smg is fun and a class based around making weapons like that viable without needing medic darts is something I can get onboard with

As long as everything can pop the head off a gorefast in one bullet I am so on board with whatever the hell captain SMG brings to the table. Hopefully they don't give them anything as weak as the medic SMG to justify a 60 bullet clip or something. Backup and the 9mm at least has shown that me personally, find a HUGE satisfaction difference between "Needs one bullet to kill a gorefast skull" and "Needs two bullets even if fully automatic".

Section Z fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jun 2, 2015

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

drrockso20 posted:

I already knew about the P90, but man having SWAT just be SMGs is really underwhelming

it really just makes me wonder what the class bonuses are gonna be like to compensate for the low damage weapons. I have a feeling that might be what makes the class interesting.

plus the medic smg is fun and a class based around making weapons like that viable on their own is something I can get onboard with

Literal Nazi Furry fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jun 2, 2015

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

plus the medic smg is fun and a class based around making weapons like that viable on their own is something I can get onboard with

hopefully they'll give it some really interesting bonuses, and there's still one of it's guns, plus it's Grenade type and melee weapon to be revealed so it isn't quite doomed to be bland yet

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Alteisen posted:

I've seen zerks stand in front of scrakes and FP's while small poo poo rips them shreds and then they get pissed at me when they inevitably die.

I always go by the one second rule. Where if I'm a medic and they go from full health to dead in one second, it isn't my fault.

I remember in KF1 I've had people be upset because I "let them die" when they're tanking a Patriarch minigun.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

An MP5K, an MP7, and a P90 have one thing in common, and that is ease of firing with one hand. I'm not honestly going to be surprised if the SWATs melee is a Riot Shield that you can use to block/parry incoming damage while still wielding a primary (maybe at much reduced control). Combine with maybe both huge armor and health bonuses, and SWATs could become central to keep a bunch of Scrakes and Pounds at bay (even enraged ones), while still being basically useless vs Sirens and Husks, and okay v trash.

EDIT: Based on this idea, it'd be easy to see the class starting weapon with some kind of autopistol. If so, tht'd be pretty awesome for the Commando, an offperk weapon that syncs up with backup.

EmpyreanFlux fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jun 2, 2015

Miffroon
May 7, 2006
Owe's mansex to Hotwire
Guys guys, what if you can't set the fire mode on these guns but instead you fired a little taser round that worked like a healing dart but closer range.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Miffroon posted:

Guys guys, what if you can't set the fire mode on these guns but instead you fired a little taser round that worked like a healing dart but closer range.

That does what, make the Berserkers grenades useless?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Am I really going to be the first one to suggest akimbo? :ocelot:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I thought one of the perks will be the Gunslinger so my guess is a lot of people are already expecting it.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Well yeah, but since those are the SMGs that you'd prominently see be dual-wielded in media, aside from an UZI or MAC and there hasn't been any talk about akimbo SMGs from what I've seen. Probably not going to happen but SWAT would totally be my main if it did.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Swat needs one of these, so you can punch big holes in to zed chests

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

FaustianQ posted:

An MP5K, an MP7, and a P90 have one thing in common, and that is ease of firing with one hand.

in action movies, sure.

Section Z posted:

Backup and the 9mm

I think you are literally the only person who cares about Backup. Isn't it against extended mags or tac reload or some other Objectively Better Perk Choice? :colbert:

watho posted:

Am I really going to be the first one to suggest akimbo? :ocelot:

if you can't get akimbo SAAs what is the point?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

I have nothing against a class based on SMGs. The medic SMG already has so little recoil you can circle strafe/run a mob down like it's Quake. Compare to the runaway freight trains that are the Commando guns.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Psion posted:

in action movies, sure.

And what exactly do you think this game is? I can use hanzo steel on mace-fist frankenstein, its not exactly realistic.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Psion posted:

in action movies, sure.

I will contend that Killing Floor is an action movie game :colbert:

Also I said ease of use, I didn't say anything about efficacy :colbert:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Sure, I don't give a drat if you carry quad miniguns somehow, it's a game - but you can't easily fire any SMG one-handed. full auto recoil, even with something relatively lightweight like 9mm is pretty drat significant.

now in KF2, for all I care, you can do that while blindfolded and upside down and have pinpoint accuracy. That's fine. I mean we're already getting a caulk-flamethrower, I believe that sets the tone quite nicely for what to expect out of future perks.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Spray cans mounted in a modified caulk gun. :eng101:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I'd say let's have that be a mid-to-high level perk: The ability to sacrifice a melee weapon or the riot shield in favor of doublefisting your guns. Of course, ammo capacity doesn't go up much to compensate pouring up to 100 rounds into some Scrake/Fleshpound. Reload times, however, I'm still not sure.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Holy poo poo Suicidal changes the game. I winged a clot with my 9mm, whatever, I'll casually line up a headshot but the thing turned into Usain Bolt's crackhead cousin and made a roadie run at me! :stonklol: The higher difficulties seem to be less schizophrenic and more graduated than old KF and the little pissed off "now I charge you" wouldn't have happened with the old UT bots.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Wait until you try to charge a Husk for a double barrel alt-fire.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
The fact that I can't kill Clots in one headshot with the 9mm on hard makes me so sad

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I put 90ish hours into the first kf and had a lot of fun with it and I was just recently feeling like giving it another shot when this came out so thats nice timing, however despite being pretty much exactly the same as the original but prettier im finding the game boring as gently caress. maybe im just passed this kind of gameplay or presentation or something but its just so tame and dull and the shooting doesnt feel as good as i remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Mr. Unlucky posted:

I put 90ish hours into the first kf and had a lot of fun with it and I was just recently feeling like giving it another shot when this came out so thats nice timing, however despite being pretty much exactly the same as the original but prettier im finding the game boring as gently caress. maybe im just passed this kind of gameplay or presentation or something but its just so tame and dull and the shooting doesnt feel as good as i remember.

It's also early access and missing a lot of planned features. I think they're planning 10 classes, a few new bosses, new monsters, more maps, and new game modes through objectives. Tripwire has a lot more content in the works