Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well you could make the argument he didn't want to draw attention to himself before he was ready, as he couldn't handle Cell yet and he might have knowledge of the lookout.

Having him search for 17,18 keeps him busy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kithkar posted:

I don't know how they keep getting better and better. The only way they could disappoint me at this point I think is if they just don't do the Buu saga.

This right here.

They don't need to do the whole Buu Saga for me. Just do the Gohan Highschool and Videl stuff and that's all I would need to be sated.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

facebook jihad posted:

Cell's semi-perfect voice seemed a bit...inconsistent (maybe the point?). One minute he had a distinct warble to it, the next he sounded pretty much like what I expect Perfect Cell to sound like. A few times he sounded more like his previous form, I just couldn't really place it down. Again the more I process it the more it might have been intentional, but I dunno.
He kind of sounds like Sean Connery for some reason

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
There were a few times I thought it was Littlekuriboh doing the voice.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

achillesforever6 posted:

You know, I thought the same thing at times during the episode.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I wouldn't be shocked if main series Goku did want Cell to transform. He is that kind of guy: more like Vegeta than people realize.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

NutritiousSnack posted:

"impossible gohan, we haven't gone in yet"
That line just slayed me, Their Goku is a (mostly) perfect mix between childlike glee, arrogance and weird.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Covok posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if main series Goku did want Cell to transform. He is that kind of guy: more like Vegeta than people realize.

He would. I do like Goku even admitted it his fault Kid Buu happened because he held back on Fat Buu because he wanted Gohan and the others to defeat him instead.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

For what it's worth as far as Goku just ITing the Androids away from Cell, I can see how that logically wouldn't work. Until Cell attacks them, the Androids are mostly just interested in killing Goku, are all probably powerful enough to do so individually, let alone if they teamed up on him, and have no real reason to sit down and listen to Goku. Then Cell, the strongest guy not currently hypertonically taming lions, shows up and the Androids don't fully appreciate how dangerous he is until it's too late. Then the surviving Androids go into hiding, and Goku can't find them because he can't sense them. Then Vegeta shows up and can beat the poo poo out of Cell and Krillen shows up and can blow 18 the gently caress up and Goku really has no reason to use IT to save 18 because at that point only an astonishingly bad sequence of decisions from the Z fighters can save Cell.

Of course, cue Vegeta.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Spiritus Nox posted:

For what it's worth as far as Goku just ITing the Androids away from Cell, I can see how that logically wouldn't work. Until Cell attacks them, the Androids are mostly just interested in killing Goku, are all probably powerful enough to do so individually, let alone if they teamed up on him, and have no real reason to sit down and listen to Goku. Then Cell, the strongest guy not currently hypertonically taming lions, shows up and the Androids don't fully appreciate how dangerous he is until it's too late. Then the surviving Androids go into hiding, and Goku can't find them because he can't sense them. Then Vegeta shows up and can beat the poo poo out of Cell and Krillen shows up and can blow 18 the gently caress up and Goku really has no reason to use IT to save 18 because at that point only an astonishingly bad sequence of decisions from the Z fighters can save Cell.

Of course, cue Vegeta.

Also, by the time Vegeta gets there, Goku's also hypertonically taming lions, so IT is off the table.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french

Spiritus Nox posted:

Of course, cue Vegeta.

Yeah but... when Piccolo gets blasted through the chest, Goku could've intervened then, no? He sorta didn't bother until Tien was biting it as well. I guess the only difference is he thought Piccolo was dead, but for Tien he knew he was just expending his energy really fast. Still better than observing considering how safe he seemed finally stepping in.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
goku is a bad friend and dad

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
To be honest we don't really know how strong Goku was in comparison to the Androids. During his battle with 19 his Power Level was plummeting due to the heart virus. I think it was implied he and Vegeta were pretty close, but there's no real evidence either way.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be honest Goku could have sold a lot of problems with Kamehame *warp* ha. A lot of problems.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Some Numbers posted:

Someone's not a Tien fan.

hmmmm.... i'll watch it again and see if my opinion changes.

also, i'm making a prediction:
krillin saying 'this remote is heavier than i thought' is a leadup to him dropping it because it's too heavy then stumbling and crushing it by accident.

i could be way off the mark but if this happens i called it

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

dipwood posted:

Yeah but... when Piccolo gets blasted through the chest, Goku could've intervened then, no? He sorta didn't bother until Tien was biting it as well. I guess the only difference is he thought Piccolo was dead, but for Tien he knew he was just expending his energy really fast. Still better than observing considering how safe he seemed finally stepping in.

...Because Cell would have kicked the poo poo out of him? He can IT to Piccolo because he can sense him, but he can't IT to the Androids because he can't sense them, so even if they were amenable to sitting quietly atop the lookout and calling a truce with Goku and pals, he probably wouldn't be able to warp them out before Cell beats him up.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Two Finger posted:

krillin saying 'this remote is heavier than i thought' is a leadup to him dropping it because it's too heavy then stumbling and crushing it by accident.

i could be way off the mark but if this happens i called it

Oh, I thought it was a metaphor for holding the power to instantly kill someone you secretly long for being a huge burden.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Two Finger posted:

I'm 90% sure he meant metaphorically, because he holds the fate of Android 18 in his hands and that's pretty drat heavy.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

or that but to be fair they have portrayed krillin as being pretty bumbling more than once

as i say i could be way off the mark

edit: on rewatching yeah your interpretation makes more sense particularly with the way he says it.

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 31, 2015

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french

Spiritus Nox posted:

...Because Cell would have kicked the poo poo out of him? He can IT to Piccolo because he can sense him, but he can't IT to the Androids because he can't sense them, so even if they were amenable to sitting quietly atop the lookout and calling a truce with Goku and pals, he probably wouldn't be able to warp them out before Cell beats him up.

I guess I don't know enough about IT to comment. I thought he could just use it visually i.e. he sees an android after IT'ing to Piccolo and then IT's to the Android. But maybe the ki sensing component is required.

To be fair he probably would've gotten in Piccolo's way earlier. And maybe he couldn't IT to Piccolo right after because he couldn't sense his energy anymore, which would add to the whole 'can't IT without an energy target' thing. He knew Tien would get his rear end kicked so he stepped in then... and I guess by then Piccolo came out of the water and started being sense-able too?

Actually gently caress it, 17 and 18 are cyborgs. Goku should be able to sense them! :aaaaa:

By the way, they should play the Krillin thing straight. Not everything needs to be a joke. It could turn out that Krillin's terrible decision is funnier anyway based on the reactions.

As for Cell's voice, I like it. I'm glad that didn't make him sound stupid... yet. He's still intimidating right now. Maybe he'll regress to a dumber voice when he starts getting his rear end kicked.

dipwood fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 31, 2015

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

facebook jihad posted:

Cell's semi-perfect voice seemed a bit...inconsistent (maybe the point?). One minute he had a distinct warble to it, the next he sounded pretty much like what I expect Perfect Cell to sound like. A few times he sounded more like his previous form, I just couldn't really place it down. Again the more I process it the more it might have been intentional, but I dunno.

achillesforever6 posted:

Momomo posted:

There were a few times I thought it was Littlekuriboh doing the voice.

Whether intentional or not these all seem pretty appropriate to me, given what Cell is.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I mean I don't know I've been watching this poo poo for so long and hearing Takahata's voice the whole way it just sounds like him playing Cell, I don't know where you guys are getting this Sean Connery stuff from.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

dipwood posted:

I guess I don't know enough about IT to comment. I thought he could just use it visually i.e. he sees an android after IT'ing to Piccolo and then IT's to the Android. But maybe the ki sensing component is required.

I think it's stated that Goku needs to sense a person's ki to be able to teleport over there.

Except what you say about 17 and 18 being cyborgs holds true, now that I think about it. The Z Fighters ought to be able to sense them!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

TriffTshngo posted:

I mean I don't know I've been watching this poo poo for so long and hearing Takahata's voice the whole way it just sounds like him playing Cell, I don't know where you guys are getting this Sean Connery stuff from.

Also kinda helps he did this voice in one of those cons when they asked how he would voice all three forms of Cell.

His 2nd form of Cell isn't far off from the original video he gave a tease of.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Genocyber posted:

Whether intentional or not these all seem pretty appropriate to me, given what Cell is.

After a second watch I didn't really notice the inconsistency as much. It still isn't very distinct though.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

facebook jihad posted:

After a second watch I didn't really notice the inconsistency as much. It still isn't very distinct though.

bblllbblllbbllbbllbblllbbllllbblllbbblllbbbllllbblllbbbll

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It's kinda weird that this form will only be around for an episode or two at most before we get to Perfect Cell

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I have this weird feeling that 18's not getting absorbed until episode 51. Might be the tail end of 50.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Some Numbers posted:

I have this weird feeling that 18's not getting absorbed until episode 51. Might be the tail end of 50.

What all is left between now and perfect cell? Vegeta vs semi perfect, vegeta vs trunks, krillen/18 side plot, and goku and gohans training filler?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

facebook jihad posted:

Well, he's not perfect yet, he's only semi-perfect. He has some...bugs...to iron out.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

49: Vegeta and Trunks confront Cell, Krillen meets up with 18 and tries to save her instead of making her blow up.

50: Cell getting the poo poo kicked out him makes an alliance with Vegeta, with Trunks losing his poo poo, more Krillen and 18 hijinks...

yeah that sounds about right.

Zedd posted:

That line just slayed me, Their Goku is a (mostly) perfect mix between childlike glee, arrogance and weird.

Ever since the end the middle of the Namek saga they actually nailed the character

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Great Beer posted:

What all is left between now and perfect cell? Vegeta vs semi perfect, vegeta vs trunks, krillen/18 side plot, and goku and gohans training filler?

And however long they want to spend on Cell blowing up islands.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

And however long they want to spend on Cell blowing up islands.

This is an abridged series and 18 will be back, so I'm guessing not much time.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Some Numbers posted:

I see what you did there. Also, probably right. The stuff coming up is worth focusing on.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Semiperfect cell sounds a bit too close to Alucard, I can't unhear it.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

jivjov posted:

ORE WA THE drat PRINCE OF ALL loving SAIYA-JIN GODDAMMIT

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I can't tell if I'm reading too deep into a simple joke or if Cell's brbrbrbrbrbrbrlrlbrbrbrlblblblblblbrbr is supposed to be a Norio Wakamoto reference too.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Krillin followed his heart, and I think he made the right choice. Please don't hold it against him.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Well, it's not like Krillin did something against the law. After all, she's 18.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

mabels big day posted:

Krillin followed his heart, and I think he made the right choice. Please don't hold it against him.

Is heart what they call penis these days?

• Locked thread