Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Nah, this is all you need to know about today's direct:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You lie:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

-Animal Crossing 3DS

You should clarify that this is just Happy Home Designer and not an actual New Leaf sequel or something. Got excited for nothing.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah, I was scrambling to type and missed/forgot the subtitle. They're selling it as a full retail game, in any case.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Fire Emblem is steadily becoming more anime.

Not that it wasn't anime before.

Also, I'd still buy it. The game is certainly doing it's best to feel like you're the lord/lady of a realm of your own.

The lowdown:
- You can have your own castle town.
- You can place shops manned by a member of your army. Presumably, this lets you buy different things depending on the unit manning it and you can also upgrade it.
- There's fields and mining places and poo poo! You can use them to get items that you give to certain party members to make things happen. Like making food, doing arena stuff, making some kind of creature stronger, or participating in lottery games.
- You have a room. You can call in units of your party who likes you for alone time.
- You can send your town to other people through Streetpass. Unsurprisingly, you can visit towns from people you've streetpassed.
- You can engage with other units... in your town. The enemy units can destroy your buildings.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Is it known how this castle stuff differs between the two versions?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sam Faust posted:

Is it known how this castle stuff differs between the two versions?

nope. But everything shown in the video seems to have all been from the Hoshido version.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
I don't know (I just gathered what information I could from looking at the video and confirming it with others). That said, the units between the two versions will certainly be different and you can apparently get a unit from the enemy army, which is most likely the key reason for you to do battle in your home in the first place since this can potentially net you units that don't appear in your version (or that particular campaign).

Also, you can do a Pokémon Amie thing with your units.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Folt The Bolt posted:

Marth's gonna need to watch his figure with all those cupcakes

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Ghetto summary:

-Rhythm Tengoku The Best Plus (3DS) - something

Just for completion, that Rhythm Tengoku card announced it's going to be available as a pre-load download before release. Fire Emblem too.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

orenronen posted:

Just for completion, that Rhythm Tengoku card announced it's going to be available as a pre-load download before release. Fire Emblem too.

Ah, thanks. I didn't think it was gonna be anything new and it was on screen for all of five seconds so I missed what it was saying.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

- You have a room. You can call in units of your party who likes you for alone time.

Ho hoooo yeah :mrgw:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Folt The Bolt posted:

Where is Ike's ticklish spot

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
To clarify, here are the JP prices of all the Animal Crossing-related junk, all of which will be released on July 30:

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer + AC amiibo card pack - 4000yen
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer + NFC portal + AC amiibo card pack - 5000yen
LE New 3DS XL + 4GB micro-SD w/digital Happy Home Designer + AC amiibo card pack - 22000yen
New 3DS XL Happy Home Designer faceplates - 2000yen
Standalone NFC portal - 2500yen
Standalone AC Amiibo card pack - 300yen (3 cards)

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Holy poo poo that is one happy cover plate :stare:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did they say how many amiibo cards there are total? I mean there are probably like 200+ villagers in those games

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't think so, but one of the cards on that image has a big 095 on the top...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Help Im Alive posted:

Did they say how many amiibo cards there are total? I mean there are probably like 200+ villagers in those games

First wave is 100 cards, apparently.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Why has America been forsaken in this battle

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

jivjov posted:

First wave is 100 cards, apparently.

My bad, it's on the JP Amiibo page, yeah.

It's also worth pointing out that the game itself is priced slightly cheaper than RRP. It does look quite shallow, honestly.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm just curious what the rarity distribution on these cards is going to be. If they're all equally common, getting a complete set will be super easy due to trading.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I'm pretty sure the animal crossing stuff has been mentioned in an earlier US direct. It's just this current Japan direct laid out their prices and stuff.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

jivjov posted:

I'm just curious what the rarity distribution on these cards is going to be. If they're all equally common, getting a complete set will be super easy due to trading.

Can I come over and play with your toys?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They announced the game and said it'd be the first game to use Amiibo cards, this is the second round of info.

They didn't really expand on what the game's about - it seems like you're pretty much just playing interior decorator for random villagers, with no indication of how much you can expect to do without buying 2015 ereader cards.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

elf help book posted:

Can I come over and play with your toys?

Sure. Can you pick up some Hawaiian Punch on the way over though?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Are pokemon cards still a thing? If they brought those back with amiibo support for Pokemon Z or whatever they could probably make a stupid amount of money

Like I collected Pokemon cards/stickers when I was a kid and they didn't do anything. If I could've scanned them into my gameboy or something it would've been the best thing ever

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Ho hoooo yeah :mrgw:

Pat his chin to make him love you.

Terper fucked around with this message at 14:58 on May 31, 2015

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Help Im Alive posted:

Are pokemon cards still a thing? If they brought those back with amiibo support for Pokemon Z or whatever they could probably make a stupid amount of money

Like I collected Pokemon cards/stickers when I was a kid and they didn't do anything. If I could've scanned them into my gameboy or something it would've been the best thing ever

Poor e-reader, no one loved you.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Kinda want a Dr Mario Amiibo, now...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SystemLogoff posted:

Poor e-reader, no one loved you.

Like the Virtual Boy, its probably gonna have a second much more successful incarnation.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Folt The Bolt posted:

Please, please let me be gay in this one, Nintendo. Please.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Fuzz posted:

Kinda want a Dr Mario Amiibo, now...

They were briefly up for preorder on Amazon.co.uk, but have since sold out. They're coming to the U.S. sometime in September.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

majormonotone posted:

Come on Nintendo. This dude wants to be video gay real bad.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

jivjov posted:

"super easy" (for the low price of at least $80.) And that's assuming they don't jack up the price for US/EU. (300 Yen is $2.41 atm)

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Not that anyone cares, but what was the deal with the not-Iwata presenter on the Japanese direct. What's going on?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Rexroom posted:

Not that anyone cares, but what was the deal with the not-Iwata presenter on the Japanese direct. What's going on?

Iwata is busy training to win the World Championships at E3.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Rexroom posted:

I care about this, and I'd like to know as well. Is Iwata sick again?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Iwata wrote some stuff on twitter after the Direct that basically said "I'm fine, I'll host other videos, I just thought people might be bored with me hosting every video".

The host (Morimoto) is a producer or does third-party licensing or something? I forget. He had a hand in localising a few indie games for the Japanese market and it seems like he'll be showing up in most of the Directs in future.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

majormonotone posted:

Doubtful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

codenameFANGIO posted:

Come on Nintendo. This dude wants to be video gay real bad.

It's pretty gay already with the inclusion of public baths.