Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Haroshia posted:

To all the people thinking letting Nilfgaard take the north is a bad end.

If you get the right ending and Ciri becomes Empress you successfully create peace on the continent by letting Nilfgaard take everything and putting in a wise ruler.

Also, Roche is a bro.

Foltest was pretty chill except for the whole sister loving thing. Also spoiler for the 30 bags thing...they had the guy who brought the wheat flogged because some of it was moldy. Seemed more dickish then.

Again, the whole reason for the war and the misery that comes with it, the inter-state conflicts in the north, Radovid running rampant and so on is because of Nilfgaard. They were they ones behind the assassinations of the various monarchs, as well as the ones pinning it on the sorceress' lodge(which gives Radovid popular support for starting his witch hunts). They incited this war(and it's not the first one they've launched against the northern realms), and they don't give a poo poo about the people there, it's all top level political play.

But hey, you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Where the hell am I supposed to find the entrance to the cave with the cat gear in it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP7bq-bwqw0

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Anyone here use the debug console mod? There is not much info out there on it, and I'd like to use it to advance a bugged quest, if at all possible. Is it?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Arrgytehpirate posted:

gently caress!

Triss help I didn't kiss her at the fountain, now she wants fuckall to do with me. Does this mean I can't send her up to Kher Mordan or whatever?

Answer to the spoiler You're fine, just be nice with her and finish her sidequest

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Where the hell am I supposed to find the entrance to the cave with the cat gear in it?

The one in Novigrad? Start out at the waypoint on the square on the northern island. Head west until you reach the cobbled streets running right along the cliffside. Walk along them looking down the cliffs until you see a natural path hewn right into the cliffside. Jump down onto that, follow it north, and you'll reach the entrance.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Again, the whole reason for the war and the misery that comes with it, the inter-state conflicts in the north, Radovid running rampant and so on is because of Nilfgaard. They were they ones behind the assassinations of the various monarchs, as well as the ones pinning it on the sorceress' lodge(which gives Radovid popular support for starting his witch hunts). They incited this war(and it's not the first one they've launched against the northern realms), and they don't give a poo poo about the people there, it's all top level political play.

But hey, you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs, eh?

The second game literally starts with Northeners waging wars against each other. Whatever misery comes from war would have come regardless, due to the shittiness of feudalism.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Stormgale posted:

Answer to the spoiler You're fine, just be nice with her and finish her sidequest

Thank you!

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Guys I'm still doing the Bloody Baron quests where I'm now searching for his wife and my game time says I've played for over twenty hours. I keep getting distracted by all these Witcher contracts and cool side quests and I'm worried I'm going to end up overlevelled for all the main quest stuff later on if I keep doing this. Am I right to be concerned or can I keep doing side quests as much as I want. I mean by now I would've just gone ahead and progressed, but quests I thought meant nothing end up with things like meeting Lethos and I really don't want to overlook them.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Asuron posted:

Guys I'm still doing the Bloody Baron quests where I'm now searching for his wife and my game time says I've played for over twenty hours. I keep getting distracted by all these Witcher contracts and cool side quests and I'm worried I'm going to end up overlevelled for all the main quest stuff later on if I keep doing this. Am I right to be concerned or can I keep doing side quests as much as I want. I mean by now I would've just gone ahead and progressed, but quests I thought meant nothing end up with things like meeting Lethos and I really don't want to overlook them.

Wait you meet Lethos in Velen? gently caress! I missed that! Don't worry man, I'm at 33 hours and still haven't left Novigrad. Seems the average finish time is between 80-90 hours.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Medieval Medic posted:

The second game literally starts with Northeners waging wars against each other. Whatever misery comes from war would have come regardless, due to the shittiness of feudalism.

Well, you know what people are always saying: "The only way to solve small wars is to start a great big one".

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Wait you meet Lethos in Velen? gently caress! I missed that! Don't worry man, I'm at 33 hours and still haven't left Novigrad. Seems the average finish time is between 80-90 hours.

Check out the manor quest in Lindenvale. Surprised the hell out of me as well.

Also thanks. Was getting really worried that I was doing way to many sidequests over the main quests.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Haroshia posted:

To all the people thinking letting Nilfgaard take the north is a bad end.

If you get the right ending and Ciri becomes Empress you successfully create peace on the continent by letting Nilfgaard take everything and putting in a wise ruler.

Also, Roche is a bro.

Foltest was pretty chill except for the whole sister loving thing. Also spoiler for the 30 bags thing...they had the guy who brought the wheat flogged because some of it was moldy. Seemed more dickish then.

Foltest was about as broking as it gets.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sankis posted:

I just got to Kaer Morhen. I told at least two people to go there but I can't find them anywhere. (Letho and Keira). Do they show up later or are they just not mentioned and hanging around somewhere? It's a lot bigger of a fortress than I thought.

Edit: Also holy poo poo they 100% recreated the fortress, even interiors, from Witcher 1.

Edit 2: Lambert is a baby. He's constantly an rear end in a top hat but once you're mean to him he gets whiny.

Wait what? Lethos can go to Kaer Morhen?! :argh:

Might have to replay W3, might do Witcher 1-3 before the season pass starts too.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 31, 2015

Ivan Dolvich
Oct 14, 2004

Shit bag. I use all ammunition for weapon

Is sign intensity on weapons bugged? I have a sign build and am using the enhanced griffin swords which have a 10% bonus to sign intensity plus I have a sign intensity rune so I should be getting 15% bonus from each sword. But when I look at the stat for sign intensity on the bottom right side of the inventory screen, it doesn't change when I equip or unequip the swords. It does change when I equip/unequip the armor which also has bonuses to sign intensity.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Unfunny Poster posted:

Wait what? Lethos can got o Kaer Morhen?! :argh:

Might have to replay W3, might do Witcher 1-3 before the season pass starts too.

Yeah, he's hidden in one of the sidequests in Velen.

I hope that for the DLC we can play as Eskel or Lambert just going around doing Witcher things and seeing how the world is after the events of the game.

Ivan Dolvich posted:

Is sign intensity on weapons bugged? I have a sign build and am using the enhanced griffin swords which have a 10% bonus to sign intensity plus I have a sign intensity rune so I should be getting 15% bonus from each sword. But when I look at the stat for sign intensity on the bottom right side of the inventory screen, it doesn't change when I equip or unequip the swords. It does change when I equip/unequip the armor which also has bonuses to sign intensity.
I think it only comes into effect when you have that weapon drawn, so it wouldn't show up on the inventory screen.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Asuron posted:

Check out the manor quest in Lindenvale. Surprised the hell out of me as well.

Oh no, he's not there if you choose to not simulate a witcher 2 save :( Didn't play 2 but wanted to meet this character you are talking about!

Ivan Dolvich
Oct 14, 2004

Shit bag. I use all ammunition for weapon

Broken Cog posted:

I think it only comes into effect when you have that weapon drawn, so it wouldn't show up on the inventory screen.

You're right, if I draw the weapon and then check it shows up. Thanks!

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
I'm sure this has been brought up already but our resident goon developer certainly inserted that line of dialogue in the pellar goat quest, right?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Why is online Gwent not a thing?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Andrast posted:

Witcher 3 would probably be a better game if it didn't have levels and experience at all.

i kind of agree. or give you a skill point to spend every level and thats it

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

Lawnie posted:

I'm sure this has been brought up already but our resident goon developer certainly inserted that line of dialogue in the pellar goat quest, right?

I was actually wondering that too. I forget exactly what he says but it's something to the effect of "hurts something awful" or whatever. I mean, that is an actual phrase, but not really a very common one and I haven't heard any other NPC use it.

turtlecrunch posted:

Someone post that gif of Geralt finally consenting to a teleport, walking through and coming out hundreds of feet over a ravine and falling to his death. :allears:

Actually, he doesn't consent to a teleport. That happens if you piss off Yen in Kaer Morhen talking about Triss and she just sends you packing without warning. Although he doesn't fall to his death in that case, he pops out over the lake, so maybe you're talking about something else.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Asuron posted:

You're going to outlevel something no matter what, unless you very carefully only do a few side activities as needed. However your level barely matters from an enemy perspective unless they're too high (red) or too low (grey). A few levels higher than a contract enemy or random encounter isn't going to be significant.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Is there a way to tell how much you've played on a specific playthrough? I started one gameplay season, played for a few hours, and then went back and started a new game after I had finished Witcher 2, so the gameplay hours showed on Steam is incorrect

Pogue_Mahone
Aug 23, 2007

Pissehead in the Making

theblackw0lf posted:

Is there a way to tell how much you've played on a specific playthrough? I started one gameplay season, played for a few hours, and then went back and started a new game after I had finished Witcher 2, so the gameplay hours showed on Steam is incorrect

If you go into your character screen and bring up the tab for character stats (right trigger on xbox controller) it says in bottom left how long you have been playing. I assume it is for each separate play-through, can't confirm, as I am still on my first.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Archimago posted:

I was actually wondering that too. I forget exactly what he says but it's something to the effect of "hurts something awful" or whatever. I mean, that is an actual phrase, but not really a very common one and I haven't heard any other NPC use it.

The line is "he misses you something awful" or close to that. That would follow pretty closely in the tradition of the goon who did a translation of FFIV wherein Cid says "you and your goons wrecked my airship something awful!"

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

I love forest of rain.Foevar...

katlington posted:

:siren: if you cast axii in a hare it will follow you around :siren:

Havent confirmed geese yet.

E: pig and hen friends confirmed

E2 :frogsiren: geese confirmed :frogsiren:

I tried this on a cat and not only did the guards get pissed at me, the cat showed no interest in following me anywhere despite its pretty new silver halo. Cats :argh:

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
"Kill the witch fucker!"

How are random bandits so well informed of Geralt's love life? Did Dandelion write a song about Geralt bangin all the witches?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I told the general I killed Letho, does that mean he won't appear in my game?

Sauer posted:

"Kill the witch fucker!"

How are random bandits so well informed of Geralt's love life? Did Dandelion write a song about Geralt bangin all the witches?

They're not. Witch fucker is just a common curse word to use. Like mother fucker.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is the exp bug on the ps4 too? I finished the following the thread quest without realizing it had turned white, and I did the masquerade quest with Triss and got no exp.
Goddammit.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sauer posted:

Did Dandelion write a song about Geralt bangin all the witches?

Yes.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Sauer posted:

"Kill the witch fucker!"

He's written a couple of ballads about him, and considering this is Dandelion we're talking about...

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

Calaveron posted:

Is the exp bug on the ps4 too? I finished the following the thread quest without realizing it had turned white, and I did the masquerade quest with Triss and got no exp.
Goddammit.

I, like some other posters, think its really blown out of proportion in a lot of cases (definitely some people totally FUBAR by it). I'll randomly get no XP for green and higher quests, then also randomly get 50-500xp for some. Sidequests, mainquests, no rhyme or reason, but I still end up 2-4 levels over the main ones.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

PoultryHammock posted:

I, like some other posters, think its really blown out of proportion in a lot of cases (definitely some people totally FUBAR by it). I'll randomly get no XP for green and higher quests, then also randomly get 50-500xp for some. Sidequests, mainquests, no rhyme or reason, but I still end up 2-4 levels over the main ones.

Yeah, unless it hits you really early, it's not really all that important. Some side quests give you 25-75 xp, so who gives a poo poo. When you miss out on main quests, it hurts a bit more, sure, but you'll still manage. I'm curious about the future, though - they said they're going to support the game with new content for 2 years to come, and there's already diagrams for weapons with a 37+ level requirement, so future content might become a bit tougher if you miss out on a lot of xp (but that's obviously speculation on my part).

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Unfunny Poster posted:

Wait what? Lethos can go to Kaer Morhen?! :argh:

The little bit of dialogue you get at Kaer Morhen if Letho and Roche both show up is great. R: "WHAT THE FUUUUUUUCK WHY IS THE KINGSLAYER HERE?!" G: "I've got the situation under control." R: "Why do we need HIM?!" L: "Eredin's a king, ain't he?" R: "gently caress you both." *Storms off*

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Asuron posted:

If easy combat is an issue for you, i'd raise the difficulty, otherwise I wouldn't worry about it, and just enjoy all the other aspects of the game.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Welp, I just put a baby into an oven. It's me, I'm literally Hitler. :cry:

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

I told the general I killed Letho, does that mean he won't appear in my game?

Yes. Voorhis will only ask you these questions if you chose to simulate a save and the game generates the simulated one through your answers.

Magni fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 31, 2015

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Psiharis posted:

I tried this on a cat and not only did the guards get pissed at me, the cat showed no interest in following me anywhere despite its pretty new silver halo. Cats :argh:

Aren't cats like the only creature that are immune to magic or soemthing

this game is deep enough that the developers propably made cats immune to axii because of that

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Sauer posted:

"Kill the witch fucker!"

Dude is on a trading card of fantasy trading card poker, no poo poo people are going to know poo poo like that.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
these patches never help with the game crashing every hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

NutritiousSnack posted:

Dude is on a trading card of fantasy trading card poker, no poo poo people are going to know poo poo like that.

I still wonder how that could be insulting.
Just like in the beginning of W2 "folk say they plough witches come the equinox!"
Oh no what a terrible accusation :confused: or was he just jealous?