Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah, please don't bring your gay poo poo into my Fire Emblem. It's a safe place for normal dudes to just hang out together

Just talking a bit in the bath, shooting the poo poo together with friends and all

Having a chance to just get closer, you know, admire each others muscles, wrestle a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i'm stoked as hell, fire emblem is also Suikoden now

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
My dreams have come true. :swoon:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Terper posted:

Yeah, please don't bring your gay poo poo into my Fire Emblem. It's a safe place for normal dudes to just hang out together

Just talking a bit in the bath, shooting the poo poo together with friends and all

Having a chance to just get closer, you know, admire each others muscles, wrestle a bit

I'm glad we're in agreement.

SonnyTheGreat
Jan 19, 2007

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I am going to be without internet or access to american stores for 3 or 4 months. I am looking for recommendations on 3ds titles that give a decent return in hours of playtime. I have considered Fantasy Life and Rune Factory 4 since my wife and I enjoy Animal Crossing so much. How long does it take for Rune Factory to pick up? I watched a couple of let's play videos and it looked super anime and cheesy as hell. Maybe I didn't watch long enough but, despite people saying it's great, it didn't really look like it'd grab me.

Right now I am heading out with:

Mario Golf
Xenoblade
Etrian Odyssey IV
Bravely Default
Shovel Knight
Zelda Link Between Worlds
Ocarina of Time

I am not opposed to branching into other genres and mostly listed what I have to save people from recommending any of it.

The game you're looking for is Fantasy Life and the expansion. I put 100 hours into that game in a month. I have Rune Factory 4 too and I played through the campaign, but I dropped off at the end game BC the game is a bit opaque and I've never played a Harvest Moon of Rune Factory game before. I do plan on giving it another whirl. Both are good fun, I've just gotten significantly more mileage from FL.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

rf4 isn't any more anime than bravely default, etrian odyssey 4 or xenoblade

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

codenameFANGIO posted:

:stare: Jesus. I thought I had an absurd amount of games on mine and I don't even approach 32 gb. Do you own all of them?!

Right now I have 21 full games on my 3DS, all the ambassador games, anything Sonic, Zelda, Warrio, or Mario, and some 23 eshop games. I had to delete Hometown Story, Sonic Lost World, Donkey Kong 3D, and those RE games I mentioned. With all that I only have 46,000 blocks left. The deleted games were anywhere from 5,000-25,000 blocks in the case of Resident Evil.

In E3 related news

https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/605005264404647936

Mr Masada is getting on a flight to LA. Why would he ever do that?

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
I played about forty minutes of Minis on the Move, and I kind of wished I spent my last few Club Nintendo coins on something else. Does that game become anything more than a weird pipe-puzzle game?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Target has MH4 for 20.99 if anyone hasn't picked it up yet.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It also includes some weird boring touchscreen minigames!

All the Mario vs DK games are weird that way, they're competently made but somehow never fun. Even the GBA game is forgettable and that one's reheated DK94.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Just hit 2.5 million steps with my 3ds. Wonder how many miles that translates to...

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I am going to be without internet or access to american stores for 3 or 4 months. I am looking for recommendations on 3ds titles that give a decent return in hours of playtime. I have considered Fantasy Life and Rune Factory 4 since my wife and I enjoy Animal Crossing so much. How long does it take for Rune Factory to pick up? I watched a couple of let's play videos and it looked super anime and cheesy as hell. Maybe I didn't watch long enough but, despite people saying it's great, it didn't really look like it'd grab me.

Right now I am heading out with:

Mario Golf
Xenoblade
Etrian Odyssey IV
Bravely Default
Shovel Knight
Zelda Link Between Worlds
Ocarina of Time

I am not opposed to branching into other genres and mostly listed what I have to save people from recommending any of it.

Fantasy Life is definitely the game for you! Just keep in mind it's not like Animal Crossing at all in terms of gameplay. It's very much an RPG. However, the artstyle and humor are very reminiscent of Animal Crossing. Overall the game is very colorful and super, super charming. I definitely recommend it.

Definitely shell out for the expansion DLC, as well. It adds a bunch of content and a whole new area to play around in.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

SystemLogoff posted:

Poor e-reader, no one loved you.

The best thing about nobody liking the e-Reader was that I was able to buy most of those cards on the cheap.

The worst thing about it is that they didn't many anymore of those Super Mario Bros. 3 stages. :(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
That monster hunter diary life sim whatever lookin game looks pretty adorable

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Like the Virtual Boy, its probably gonna have a second much more successful incarnation.

Amiibo????

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

SystemLogoff posted:

Poor e-reader, no one loved you.

With AR they could totally do this again. And give the AR feature something to do.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

MarcusSA posted:

Target has MH4 for 20.99 if anyone hasn't picked it up yet.

Game owns, buy it for that cheap, that is cheap.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

i require it

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Anora posted:

With AR they could totally do this again. And give the AR feature something to do.

the 3DS is four years old, if they haven't done anything with the AR feature so far they won't start now.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

what the gently caress the 3DS is only 4 years old I could have sworn it was way older than that

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fire emblem looks siiick, animal crossing looks like an outrageous piece of trash

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kaubocks posted:

what the gently caress the 3DS is only 4 years old I could have sworn it was way older than that

It's been a long decade.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The DS is over 10 years old. Four years ago was the release of the first big 3DS title: Ocarina of Time.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

epitasis posted:

fire emblem looks siiick, animal crossing looks like an outrageous piece of trash

The Animal Crossing Interior Decorating game will be my favorite game.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Fremry posted:

If you look at those numbers and say "Japan isn't buying AAA console games anymore, let's get out of that business." when the rest of the world is spending more than has ever been spent in history on them, you deserve to have your company fail. It's incredibly short sighted and is an old way of thinking of video games. Japan hasn't been the largest market in decades, and hasn't been a significant market in almost a decade. That doesn't mean there isn't a crap load of money to still be made.

Why do you feel entitled to have people make games for you? What's the point of making a game if your own community doesn't want it? Japan's not a giant video game factory dedicated to your personal amusement

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

They just announced a sick looking new Monster Hunter game so who cares about whatever you're saying,

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

hot sauce posted:

Just hit 2.5 million steps with my 3ds. Wonder how many miles that translates to...

I've estimated roughly 2,000 steps a mile.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

Why do you feel entitled to have people make games for you? What's the point of making a game if your own community doesn't want it? Japan's not a giant video game factory dedicated to your personal amusement

What are you talking about

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wow that guy confused "console games selling like poo poo in Japan doesn't have to mean Japanese console games are done for" with "console games selling like poo poo in Japan means they should keep making games for me" for some reason

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXMZO87370000Y5A520C1000000/

Here's a fun rumor: Nintendo NX will run Android.

E2: Japanese sites are saying the same thing but it's possibly in the full article.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 1, 2015

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That's not a fun rumor at all

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I really only have Google Translate to go by but isn't the article just saying their mobile games are going to be on Android? I'm not seeing anything about NX

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Dehry posted:

NX is a rebranded Ouya

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

I really only have Google Translate to go by but isn't the article just saying their mobile games are going to be on Android? I'm not seeing anything about NX

Yeah, I'm reading that now.

E: Japanese sites from earlier in the day are posting it as NX is Android, so Maybe it's in the full article?

Dehry fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jun 1, 2015

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

epitasis posted:

It seems likely to me that the animal crossing mini-game is a bone thrown to legacy 3DS owners while Wii U gets the next Animal Crossing which we'll probably find out about in two weeks

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

animal crossing isn't a game that really works on consoles imo

original release be damned

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Volt Catfish posted:

City Folk definitely helped your point. That one was such complete garbage.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

sondogg posted:

The game you're looking for is Fantasy Life and the expansion. I put 100 hours into that game in a month. I have Rune Factory 4 too and I played through the campaign, but I dropped off at the end game BC the game is a bit opaque and I've never played a Harvest Moon of Rune Factory game before. I do plan on giving it another whirl. Both are good fun, I've just gotten significantly more mileage from FL.

Can I ask wtf you mean by saying a game is opaque?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dehry posted:

E2: Japanese sites are saying the same thing but it's possibly in the full article.

Oh good lord pleaaase no. Don't do that poo poo Nintendo. I've been 100% down with your weirdness and wonky decisions forever but please don't use android.

Volt Catfish posted:

Don't listen to this guy, give me beautiful HD Animal Crossing on my huge TV thanks Nintendo.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

gently caress yeah, gaming cellphones.