Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Why not just smoke weed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

BgRdMchne posted:

Why not just smoke weed?

I think the main idea with taking weird experimental Russian drugs is that they're too new to be illegal yet. As long as they put "not for human consumption" on the box, they can just mail it to you without legal problems.

Mr. Giggles
Nov 4, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I think the main idea with taking weird experimental Russian drugs is that they're too new to be illegal yet. As long as they put "not for human consumption" on the box, they can just mail it to you without legal problems.

yo move to washington or colorado. there is a rec weed store across the street from me. poo poo owns.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

lol if you can't find weed anywhere in America in about 10 minutes.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

BgRdMchne posted:

lol if you can't find weed anywhere in America in about 10 minutes.

I'll take a half oz, wait.. Are you a cop?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Improbable Lobster posted:

I thought that was from Bluelight, an even dumber drug forum

As much as I make fun of the various burnouts and walking cautionary tales that populate TCC, it is important to recognize they are one of the least-dumb drug forums around. Which is admittedly praise so left-handed it'd get dragged before the inquisition were this 12th century France.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Darth123123 posted:

I'll take a half oz, wait.. Are you a cop?

Why do you ask civilian?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Captain_Maclaine posted:

As much as I make fun of the various burnouts and walking cautionary tales that populate TCC, it is important to recognize they are one of the least-dumb drug forums around. Which is admittedly praise so left-handed it'd get dragged before the inquisition were this 12th century France.

Arm reduction.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
A former neighbor of mine got heavily into strange weed-alternatives because he was between jobs and knew he'd have to take a pee test. I imagine the appeal is similar for most people who use them. Drug testing is super common in blue collar jobs and other entry level jobs of all sorts.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Shbobdb posted:

I have a personal animus against Apple and I'm not big fan of Steve Jobs, but he had pancreatic cancer. Even with the best treatment money can buy, that is a "game over" situation. When the doctor says, "Welp, you're a walking corpse. Get your affairs in orders, love your family and make the most of the time you have left," the appeal of crazy pseudo-science that says, "Western Medicine doesn't know everything, I can heal you!" is a pretty loving irresistible pitch. Especially for someone with as Promethean an attitude as Steve Jobs. Sure, it is a bad, financially irresponsible idea, but he also had the money to be irresponsible.
Jobs had the rare type that type that had a 50/50 shot of being treated but nope he doubled down on the fruit diet that might have caused this in the first place so sorry he's still an idiot

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
(spoilers are mine to preserve the surprise in the link)

Dillbag posted:

EXTREMELY :nms: AND :nws: FOR OUCHIE OUCHIE

not the worst gore you've seen on the internet but goddamnholyshitfuck

http://imgur.com/3aIjTOF

(he lived)

WarpedNaba posted:

Lemme just check my balls

Oh my they seem to be attempting to shrink into what appears to be my bladder

I wonder why that is

boo_radley posted:

To make room for all the rebar.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I just can't laugh at TCC, it's like watching a horror movie and you're going "No! Don't go into that room, that's where the serial killer is!", but then the serial killer actually starts talking back to you :"Actually, when I'm handled responsibly it's very possible to not only survive, but have a good time while you're desperately trying to get rid of me. If I cut you a bit that's just part of the experience, man. Also, this is how eyeballing works.."

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Son of Rodney posted:

I just can't laugh at TCC, it's like watching a horror movie and you're going "No! Don't go into that room, that's where the serial killer is!", but then the serial killer actually starts talking back to you :"Actually, when I'm handled responsibly it's very possible to not only survive, but have a good time while you're desperately trying to get rid of me. If I cut you a bit that's just part of the experience, man. Also, this is how eyeballing works.."

I sometimes find myself close to that same sentiment, but then they all start discussing the optimal way to shove drugs in butts, and I can laugh once more.

As example, the following was said unironically:

The Goatfather posted:

from the drug administration standpoint your butt is basically your nose but with no sense of smell/taste and more surface area so if ever there has been a drug perfectly suited for rectal administration it's lyrica piss

Captain_Maclaine has a new favorite as of 00:34 on May 31, 2015

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I sometimes find myself close to that same sentiment, but then they all start discussing the optimal way to shove drugs in butts, and I can laugh once more.

As example, the following was said unironically:

I read that as drug enforcement administration and was intrigued.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fetus Tree posted:

i had taken a break from posting or reading SA for a bit and then came back around 08 or so and realized that things were a bit different. i came to understand this because there was a thread about cats that had to be gassed because people would not shut the gently caress up about how dangerous cats are to the environment and how all cat owners are loving evil

god loving damnit god fucioiung damkjhdsgitti

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Shbobdb posted:

A former neighbor of mine got heavily into strange weed-alternatives because he was between jobs and knew he'd have to take a pee test. I imagine the appeal is similar for most people who use them. Drug testing is super common in blue collar jobs and other entry level jobs of all sorts.

"Well, the test came back negative. For piss."

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Well they are. :colbert:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

dendy crew posted:

B-but!! What if I cry in therapy!!! What if people think I'm...I'm a hippy or a soft small man???
Men don't have emotions!!! I don't have emotions!!!

*orbiting effervescent layers of Python and BASIC envelop me*

code:
Ah, The New Era Of Conceptualization. A Bold Paradigm For Behaviorally Nurturing Mine Heirs.  New Code.  Valued Code. Only Through Pragmatic Reasoning 
And Systemic Rulesets And OBJECTIVE Evidence Will My Defiant Child Become Compliant. *conjures a whirling belt from 1s and 0s* 

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Wow that is one of the most depressing threads I've seen in a good long while. What a lovely goddamn dad.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

NLJP posted:

Wow that is one of the most depressing threads I've seen in a good long while. What a lovely goddamn dad.

I'm kind of afraid to check it out. :smith:

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
Wasn't LLJKSiLk notorious for some other reason even before that thread?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Heresiarch posted:

Wasn't LLJKSiLk notorious for some other reason even before that thread?
He hosed his kids' babysitter and was worried he got her pregnant, and before that posted multiple e/n threads about the kids' mother, who he now despises and seems to be taking out his anger on the kid who most resembles her. :smith: It's a really depressing read.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Plus he's into corporal punishment and is looking for quick fixes for his problem kid since he's so busy. He was also contemplating sending this kid to military academy sometime by the time the kid was 9 years old.

edit: and everything is in the context of how it's making his own life a pain in the rear end. Which I'm sure it is but goddamn..

NLJP has a new favorite as of 01:01 on Jun 1, 2015

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

He hosed his kids' babysitter and was worried he got her pregnant, and before that posted multiple e/n threads about the kids' mother, who he now despises and seems to be taking out his anger on the kid who most resembles her. :smith: It's a really depressing read.

He hosed her while the kids were asleep in the room, and when she got pregnant he was like "uh, abort it, now." but didn't trust her enough to just give her the cash and said he'd walk in the clinic to pay for her. It was a time in his life where he was constantly going out and banging every chick he could while he left his sons at home with a sitter or dumped off at his parents for months at a time. Shockingly being an absentee parent for a couple of years during their formative phase has caused the one son (who was abused pretty hard by the ex, physically and sexually) to show all the signs of having some serious problems but the OP is just "I set down a rational set of rules I expect them to follow, I hit him when he repeatedly defies me, it's no big deal this is Alabama everyone beats their kids"

The thread is dozens of people screaming at him that his son has some serious issues and "tough love" isn't going to fix poo poo but OP just continues merrily along taking about how rational and zen he is and how he expects his 13 year old to be just as rational.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Didn't realize how anti corporal punishment the forum was until today.

His case is extreme sure but didn't expect so much hyperbole on it.

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang

That Works posted:

Sorry you literally beat children and film it then watch the videos and probably trade with other child beaters to be a more efficient hitter of kids and babies in the literal dictionary sense of the term.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

That Works posted:

This joke isn't getting enough love.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
There's donking your kid in the back of the head with a stiff palm-edge for acting thoughtlessly, and then there's beating your kid with a fence post for asking you why you're drinking beer when there's no food in the house.

There's a fairly strict boundary between punishment and abuse, I think.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i like how he gave the kid an instrument and after a few weeks the kid didn't improve much so he gave him football equipment and since he ended up not liking it he just wants to ditch the kid because he's a quitter.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the kid's shoes were dirty so he burned the shoes

he brought multiple women to his house and hosed them so his kids would learn how to have stable relationships

he has hidden cameras and if he finds them misbehaving he storms into the kid's room, hours later after even the minor affair was done, and beats them with a belt

drat

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
What a truly natural and zen way to raise children.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Shbobdb posted:

This joke isn't getting enough love.

Neither are its children.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Centripetal Horse posted:

:vince:

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

No more talk of beating kids, except for discussing LLJKSiLk.

goddrat

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

:eyepop:

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Sestze posted:

What a truly natural and zen way to raise children.

Lovingkindness meditation is pretty zen

Wait I misread you lol

platedlizard has a new favorite as of 06:57 on Jun 1, 2015

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

People in the politoons thread started talking about Hitler's art:

Xanderkish posted:

In fairness to Hitler, (a phrase I never thought I would use), getting the hang of drawing human figures is loving hard as balls.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

That Works posted:

In LLJKSilk's case, the corporal has been in service so long that he has been promoted to major.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

I found out that there is Schindler's List fan fiction. And almost all of it is about Helen and Amon.

:gonk:

Coffee And Pie posted:

Does it end with Oskar Schindler climaxing, looking at his jizz, then mournfully saying "I could have got more out"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:laffo:

• Locked thread