Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I figured the first one was in a tournament too. It's less impressive now, still impressive though.

:stare: I'd like to see the rest of the entrants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

source

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Those things get more awesome with each iteration. That little launch-step is amazing.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Why did I start hearing the Harlem Shake song?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

MizPiz posted:

Why did I start hearing the Harlem Shake song?
:thejoke:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

TIGER UPPERCUT!

Loco
Dec 6, 2006

Why is.. Those things?

Trabant posted:

FYI: Facebook now lets you link animated gifs and have them play in the newsfeed. Limited to desktop for now.

Hmm, didn't work for me. Although, I tried a 4mb gif, so maybe there's a size limit?

e: Nevermind, read up on it, and it's classic FB rolling out features for just some folks.. So should work for me eventually.

Loco has a new favorite as of 23:55 on May 31, 2015

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

This is my everything.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

hiddenriverninja posted:

TIGER UPPERCUT!

What is this from? Makes me think of a side-battle Bayonetta for some reason

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

That's Tekken. Probably the new Tekken 7.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

Greetings from the inner-
city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.

Lord Lambeth posted:

That's Tekken. Probably the new Tekken 7.

Which makes it kind of odd, because that should be a Street Fighter move. TIGER UPPERCUT!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wet Fifty posted:

Which makes it kind of odd, because that should be a Street Fighter move. TIGER UPPERCUT!

Funny how Street Fighter is now the less ridiculous of the two.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Funny how Street Fighter is now the less ridiculous of the two.

I mean, Tekken is the series that has since the first three games had genetically engineered kangaroo boxers and a bear named Bear (Kuma) who works as a bodyguard and who has a crush on a panda called Panda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSXqMMlC-VI&t=7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHS8D2R5ky4&t=7s

(Lee :allears:)

Kanfy has a new favorite as of 15:59 on Jun 1, 2015

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

OooOOOoo, Navy Seals!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

OooOOOoo, Navy Seals!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/dWIIMJp.webm

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

It's always gonna be hard to distinguish between "bad writing because emulating an 80s movie" and "bad writing because no idea how to set a scene, resolve a situation etc."; I think there's both going on, but the trouble is, most of the bad writing that's supposed to be bad is just generic stock phrases, like the conversation with the chief at the start. It's very "80s" but also boring to watch because you know the dialogue before anyone says it, and there's nothing new to break it up. Like, when a show like Darkplace (which you should watch if you're into this whole faux-80s low budget thing, it's brilliant) does that scene, it's funny because a) there's Richard Ayoade acting incredibly badly and b) they're doing the whole "chief of police vs. rogue detectives" thing in a hospital setting.

Or apart from the dialogue there's the fact that they introduce the viking age girls and then plainly have no idea what to do with them now that they checked "viking girls" off their list of 80s cliches.

Hopefully this is just me, but everyone I've talked to who wasn't an actual teen in the 80's (like me :corsair: ) has thought this is just an over-the-top action flick parody with purposefully bad quality to give it an 80's-ish look. And yeah, it is, but the jokes, ridiculous action, cheeseball one-liners, awkward silences between lines, and even the tracking lines and fuzzouts are just not going to hit home as hard to someone who never actually ran down to their grocery store and rented Runaway, or Nighthawks, or Gymkata, and had to adjust the tracking manually with a stupid-rear end dial half the diameter of a dime, and who genuinely thought at the time that the soundtrack and animated laser effects were loving radical. For me it's the nostalgia (or hadn't you guessed), because this is the closest any parody has come to the real thing.

Even the Viking girls, that was goddamn hilarious BECAUSE they didn't do anything with them. That's what bad 80's action flicks were about, totally unnecessary elements that were tossed in for no good reason just because they were the rage at the time.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

He's doing this just to show he can do it one handed, right?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

CzarChasm posted:

He's doing this just to show he can do it one handed, right?

His perfectly serviceable pistol sits lonely in the holster

Just because you can do something doesn't mean it's faster

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
Wouldn't the barrel heat up and cause some nasty burning if you'd already dumped a magazine?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Birb Katter posted:

Wouldn't the barrel heat up and cause some nasty burning if you'd already dumped a magazine?

That's why he's clamping down the front grip, not the barrel.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Sappo569 posted:

There's a saying among the military types in my family that a pistol is what you use until you can pick your rifle back up, which you shouldn't have put down in the first place. They're last resort weapons, and if you can still use your rifle, you should.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Sappo569 posted:

The title of this on imgur (and probably reddit) was "How to reload an AK-47 with an injured arm." So CzarChasm was correct, I believe.

BouncingBuckyBalls
Feb 15, 2011

This is possibly the best set of random chance working out to something glorious. Two drink minimum for sure.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Lotish posted:

There's a saying among the military types in my family that a pistol is what you use until you can pick your rifle back up, which you shouldn't have put down in the first place. They're last resort weapons, and if you can still use your rifle, you should.

Edit: Nvm, not worth the loss of brain power

UnNethertrash
Jun 14, 2007
The Trashman Cometh

This must be that meatspin I've heard so much about.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

BouncingBuckyBalls posted:

This is possibly the best set of random chance working out to something glorious. Two drink minimum for sure.

God's own buffoon.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

BouncingBuckyBalls posted:

That bottle actually flips.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.