Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Byzantine posted:

Bleedman's a horrible paedophilic poo poo, but this kinda seems like a natural consequence of having Literally Death as a character.

Terry Pratchett had many books starring Literally Death and I don't think he ever once directly caused a death. Death (the process) was a consequence that Death (the anthropomorphization) oversaw, mostly by explaining to souls that they are indeed dead.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CommissarMega posted:

He's an unapologetic paedophile. gently caress that guy.

Hahahahaha did he just admit it finally? What a piece of work

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Who What Now posted:

Terry Pratchett had many books starring Literally Death and I don't think he ever once directly caused a death. Death (the process) was a consequence that Death (the anthropomorphization) oversaw, mostly by explaining to souls that they are indeed dead.

He did in at least one of the first two books which were before a lot of how things worked had really settled

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

He did in at least one of the first two books which were before a lot of how things worked had really settled

I think in the later books he tried to explain the inconsistencies from the earlier books with WEIRD TIME poo poo. As in time literally broke and had to be pieced rather clumsily back together. As in one chunk of time had to be stitched into another one, leading to wars that lasted for a hundred non-sequential years and things like that.

On the topic of Discworld, does anything have any weird/awesome fanart of that?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Mandy's son is a skeleton because instead of giving birth (like her daughter) she had an abortion. I didn't make this up. She was also behind 9/11. The first part of his comic was kind of a mash up of CN characters and I thought it was kind of a neat idea, if a waste of the guy's talents. I read pages and pages of this thing, and then got about three pages into the grown up grim and many part before it dawned on me how creepy it was to execute these ideas with children's characters.

I really don't understand how some of you can so willingly put yourselves through torture.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Slime posted:

On the topic of Discworld, does anything have any weird/awesome fanart of that?

I have paid money for a drawing of Death wearing a Kamen Rider belt and scarf.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Well, what are you waiting for? :justpost:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Does he invite the viewer to count up their sins?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

The artist's art tumblr, and his deviantArt

I know, my scan isn't the best, let me know if it needs to get timg-ed or somesuch. Should have asked for the belt, but I think the scarf is iconic enough.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

this is on his deviantart page and has been forever

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Captain Invictus posted:

Admit? I don't think he ever kept it a secret.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Stop reminding me that Bleedman exists.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

mycot posted:

Admit? I don't think he ever kept it a secret.
I don't know, I don't follow him. I just know I thought the "cartoon high school" idea was neat like a decade ago, until I realized every single panel was a panty shot, and never looked at his stuff again.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Let's cleanse the palate with some other, more wholesome weirdness.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
This guy (or girl, I'm not sure) does some good animation-style Discworld stuff that isn't a total Kidby ripoff. You get to see them improve their designs, too.

This guy also has some good stuff:

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Anyone else have any good discworld fanart? I'm in the mood for good discworld fanart.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Samfucius posted:

Anyone else have any good discworld fanart? I'm in the mood for good discworld fanart.

Serperoth posted:

The artist's art tumblr, and his deviantArt

I know, my scan isn't the best, let me know if it needs to get timg-ed or somesuch. Should have asked for the belt, but I think the scarf is iconic enough.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

Some person is getting paid over $700 a month to draw and animate stuff of their mlp OC and this is something they made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMFWc_FMhqs

This is funnier than it has any right to be

e: their mentally challenged my little pony OC apparently

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I think Fluffle Puff is actually pretty okay.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Lizard Wizard posted:

Maybe I'm alone on this,
That you are.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

It's a bit ridiculous that they're making that much off the back of it, sure, but it just doesn't seem that bad to me.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Byzantine posted:

Bleedman's a horrible paedophilic poo poo, but this kinda seems like a natural consequence of having Literally Death as a character.

Soul Eater has Literally Death as a character too, but it seems to get by without that poo poo.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Heresiarch posted:

This guy (or girl, I'm not sure) does some good animation-style Discworld stuff that isn't a total Kidby ripoff. You get to see them improve their designs, too.

:allears:

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Soul Eater has Literally Death as a character too, but it seems to get by without that poo poo.

It's actually somewhat rare for personifications of Death to be blamed for massive tragedies, in my experience. The Grim Reaper is evil in some things, like Castlevania, but even then it's rarely a "it's your fault people die!" thing, they just also happen to be a jerk and working for Dracula.

Fanart about death personifications:

(he killed a grim reaper, that counts)

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Taciturn Tactician posted:

(he killed a grim reaper, that counts)

Who are these two? Guy on the right is giving me Caim from Drakengard vibes, but no clue on the other.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

Who are these two? Guy on the right is giving me Caim from Drakengard vibes, but no clue on the other.

That's Caim and I want to say his sister Furiae.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Then that person has obviously never played Drakengard, because Furiae unambigiously wanted to jump Caim's bones.

The difference between this and Bleedman is that in Drakengard, this is presented as being a very bad thing that causes the apocalypse in one route.

Edit: Unless this is them being tsundere, as judged by the blushes. Still not the way Furiae liked Caim.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Who's the reddest lady in Caim's life?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

gently caress IT'S RED.

GOD DAMMIT.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I like how 'Red' (DarkId's term for her) has somehow supplanted her actual name (angelus) in SA's consciousness. Hell, I had to look it up because she is, and always will be, Red in my mind.

And don't worry, Waffleman, they can still be tsundere if you want :v:

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Oh drat, he was the Horned King? :psyboom: I never knew.

Cats Drawn as Anime Ladies aka Some People Want to gently caress Everything

:catstare:

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

kinmik posted:

Oh drat, he was the Horned King? :psyboom: I never knew.

Cats Drawn as Anime Ladies aka Some People Want to gently caress Everything

Nah, something's off

There we go

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FutonForensic posted:

Nah, something's off

There we go

lol

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

I know I've been a goon for too long when the thing that jumped out at me from this pedophile's fancomic was that its plot hinged on a narrowly Western experience of global events (can you tell I went to a liberal arts college too?).

Like, pick a random day in central Africa over the last 40 years. If that's not enough to rekindle a jaded reaper's love for horrendous atrocity and a fuckton of death then I doubt that an eighth grader's interpretation of Fahrenheit 9/11 would.

I've lived through Wetlegs66, swap.avi, Granos, the furry holocaust, BeastUK, 1 guy 1 cup, and Gitmo Moneyson. At this point, Bleedman's pretty 'meh' to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

Needs Caligula.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbMuyEzFLbI

• Locked thread