Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Shhhh we're not supposed to know what it does yet

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jun 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Wrong Thread syndrome strikes again.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

the wildest rear end posted:

Shhhh we're not supposed to know what it does yet

Fixed, apologies for that.

Kurtofan posted:

Wrong Thread syndrome strikes again.

Yeah, I decided to read ahead in Part 3, and was talking with a friend who also knew. :negative:

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

TriffTshngo posted:

He has Jonathan's body, though. I don't think it's been touched on in the anime (I assume if/when DIO and Joseph have a confrontation, it'll come up) but he could very well have ripple abilities as a result.

He is also a vampire; even if he could use the ripple it would kill him, in the same way Straights killed himself.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Discussing about who would win when you don't know about the power of one of the guys is pretty dumb imo

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
this thread is filled with people pretending they don't know what the world does

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I know what the World does.

It revolves around DIO, but can you blame it?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
yes actually

dreamy anime men peaked at speedwagon

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I am glad he died before he found out that DIO stole Jonathan's body.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Aurain posted:

I am glad he died before he found out that DIO stole Jonathan's body.

Not the interfering Speedwagon = USELESS.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Re: Stand Users vs. Ultimate Lifeform Kars-

One of the main rules of Stands is that, with the exception of Stands that manifest or commandeer a physical body, such as The Fool, Anubis, Strength, and Wheel of Fortune, they cannot be harmed or stopped, or for the most part even perceived, by anything that is not itself a Stand.

It's likely that the Crusaders wouldn't be able to directly destroy Kars, since he regenerates instantly, but Star Platinum on his own would likely be enough to keep him distracted and deflect his attacks long enough for Joseph to come up a fresh new way to make Kars achieve escape velocity.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

:3:

Star Platinum would star finger him into the stratosphere or just suck him up tbth.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
For some reason I always just assumed that if Kars ever came in contact with a Stand, he would just spontaneously develop one as an evolutionary defence mechanism, since he is the pinnacle of all life on the planet.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
His body uses defense mechanisms of poo poo that actually exists though. What natural thing in the world stops ghost fists? Bill Murray?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
what if he just evolved a stand

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
more importantly who would win: kakyoin or vegeta

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Superman

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Remember when Avdol and Polnareff tricked a guy into falling down a hole and then peed in his mouth together? That was really hosed up

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

taste the rainbow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also Kakyoin fed a baby poop

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They straight up killed the first bunch of Stand users who attacked them and left a dude to dehydrate in the middle of nowhere.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Aurain posted:

They straight up killed the first bunch of Stand users who attacked them and left a dude to dehydrate in the middle of nowhere.

the trucker probably died in duel too, they were just trying to keep the canon

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

YF-23 posted:

He is also a vampire; even if he could use the ripple it would kill him, in the same way Straights killed himself.

Yeah, DIO doesn't have full control of the body yet as he stated in his talk to Vanilla Ice, but he's in there enough that he'll get wrecked by the ripple if it hits him

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

deadly_pudding posted:

Re: Stand Users vs. Ultimate Lifeform Kars-

One of the main rules of Stands is that, with the exception of Stands that manifest or commandeer a physical body, such as The Fool, Anubis, Strength, and Wheel of Fortune, they cannot be harmed or stopped, or for the most part even perceived, by anything that is not itself a Stand.

It's likely that the Crusaders wouldn't be able to directly destroy Kars, since he regenerates instantly, but Star Platinum on his own would likely be enough to keep him distracted and deflect his attacks long enough for Joseph to come up a fresh new way to make Kars achieve escape velocity.

Well how many killer squirrels could Star Platinum keep at bay at the same time?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

YF-23 posted:

Well how many killer squirrels could Star Platinum keep at bay at the same time?

More than Dr. Doom, probably :colbert:

Gosh

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Remember when Avdol and Polnareff tricked a guy into falling down a hole and then peed in his mouth together? That was really hosed up

joseph and polnareff made a guy eat cigarettes and then blew him up

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also polnareff shredded a dude but left his balls intact

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

god i love polnareff

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Beef Waifu posted:

His body uses defense mechanisms of poo poo that actually exists though. What natural thing in the world stops ghost fists? Bill Murray?

I mean, he magically learned the ripple to a level that didn't exist in any other person, so him magically growing a stand isn't particularly implausible.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Fungah! posted:

god i love polnareff

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I have faith that if Araki ever brings Kars back as a serious antagonist in current Jojos, that it will be a fascinating fight, whether he forms his own stand or not.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Coneareff.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Vanilla ice cream, eh? That's rather on the nose.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

good

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Beef Waifu posted:

Yeah but, like, if Polnareff and Kakyoin and a loving orangutan just happened to be born with psychic ghost powers, I think a guy who can shoot piranhas out of his dick has a good chance.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Maybe he attach the stone mask to his dick then

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kars shot piranhas out of his dick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Kars shot piranhas out of his dick?

Kars can shoot piranhas out of any part of him that he chooses to.

The real problem I have with that statement is that we're not talking about DIO's dick, instead.

edit: Jonathan's dick, if you're an rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread