Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Liam is always the funniest guy in the channel tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Liam has been on point for the last few months now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I forgot I snipped this earlier.

These guys have such good comments! It's crazy!

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I was unsure if I should watch the LP for Freedom Planet, but I did and boy will I buy the Wii U version if/when it comes out :aaaaa:

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

RareAcumen posted:

I forgot I snipped this earlier.

These guys have such good comments! It's crazy!

FTFY

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
New Mystery Box

"This game deserves a sequel"

Liam there are like ten sequels

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

hoobajoo posted:

If English isn't your first language, it makes a lot of sense the dialogue won't bother you like it does a lot of people. Max and Chloe are legitimate characters and fit into high school tropes well, but what's so grating is their (mostly Chloe's) schizophrenic overuse of slang, that ends up sounding stilted and forced. Just as an example, "gnosh" is a Jewish slang, most prevalent in New York, while "hella" is Northern California skater. They're all like this, it's just a unnatural-sounding potpourri of dialects, so the problem a lot of people have is a pretty high-level one.

I'm with you though, I like the game more than most people, in spite of its flaws.

The slang is definitely not schizophrenic. I have friends over here in Florida (Yes, I know, shut up) who say "hella" all of the time and back when I lived in Philly "gnosh" was definitely something I heard more than I was comfortable with. Slang does not stay exclusive to one area otherwise surfer lingo and valley girls wouldn't have become a thing. That being said, you are right in that the use of the slang is unnatural as poo poo, because making it so your teenagers are throwing this out in every bit of their dialogue makes it forced and like the writers are trying too hard. Teenagers don't sound like this even in this day and age, because even they realize it makes these words pointless if you are using them like punctuation. I like Life is Strange, but the dialogue is pretty atrocious and you can tell it written by people who don't have English as a first language and while that's fine, it doesn't really help the characters and story.

That being said I like most of the characters, the story has been interesting, and it strikes that part of me that enjoys lovely, petty, teen drama and coming of age stories. I just wish I could like listening to people talking too, oh well.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
its just nosh. theres no g.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
The SBFP Momocon 2 hr panel is over here on twitch until it gets purged form past broadcasts. http://www.twitch.tv/momocontv3/v/5659175 It starts around 7 minutes in and is 2 hours long.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

scary ghost dog posted:

its just nosh. theres no g.

I'll nosh u

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I can't handle the strength of that avatar

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

You guys have a lets play or specific video you go back to and watch every couple of months? I like to watch through Rustlemania every now and then.

It's not SBF, but this Best of Giant Bomb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTatkYU8wJQ

I don't know why, but their reaction to beaning a virtual person in the face with a baseball kills me every time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
LifeIsStrang is a TRUE HERO.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

havenwaters posted:

The SBFP Momocon 2 hr panel is over here on twitch until it gets purged form past broadcasts. http://www.twitch.tv/momocontv3/v/5659175 It starts around 7 minutes in and is 2 hours long.

That's pretty loving hilarious that the least awkward most personable person during that whole thing is the guy who loves to just hide out in his house for long stretches of time and hideout from society.

Motherfucker has been building meter.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 1, 2015

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Commissar Ken posted:

That's pretty loving hilarious that the least awkward most personable person during that whole thing is the guy who loves to just hide out in his house for long stretches of time and hideout from society.

Motherfucker has been building meter.

i don't know how people are capable of watching those panel questionnaires. i just cringe so hard that my face turns out inside out

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
They have got to be closing in on the final boss right? That cutoff point is way too much of a tease.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Counting the one they're about to fight there are 4 bosses left,2 of which they seem likely to miss if they keep doing what they're doing. Plus there's finding the brain.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Rodyle posted:

Counting the one they're about to fight there are 4 bosses left,2 of which they seem likely to miss if they keep doing what they're doing. Plus there's finding the brain.

Someone remind me, but did they ever get the gesture they need for the brain?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Minorkos posted:

i don't know how people are capable of watching those panel questionnaires. i just cringe so hard that my face turns out inside out

They're pretty okay for the most part. I was there for the magfest one last year and you could tell it was Woolie and Matt's first time doing this sort of thing, but they were alright. At least until they showed their Street Fighter gag dub then I became you.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

maybeflan posted:

Someone remind me, but did they ever get the gesture they need for the brain?

Nope, not yet. Truth be told, that's possibly the most obtuse thing in a souls game so far.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Matt had to be exhausted he looked like he was on the receiving end of a toothy blowjob while he was up there.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I can't believe it took this loving long for them to realize flashbourne is a viable strategy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Radio Paranoia posted:

Nope, not yet. Truth be told, that's possibly the most obtuse thing in a souls game so far.

I mean, not really. It's kind of common sense. You're told that the gesture is for communicating with otherworldly beings, and mother brain is pretty explicitly an otherworldly being. The obtuse part is really finding out where it, uh, ends up once you do something about it.

edit: Unless you're not talking about getting the rune from it, that is.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Is it just me or is Liam gradually becoming just Egoraptor? Did he kill Arin and now he must become the Grump?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I like Liam as a personality more than Egoraptor.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

What the hell was up with the Momocon lady running up and asking for feedback? That couldn't wait until the end?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Commissar Ken posted:

Matt had to be exhausted he looked like he was on the receiving end of a toothy blowjob while he was up there.

He's probably worried how he's gonna look in his wedding gown

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Al-Saqr posted:

I like Liam as a personality more than Egoraptor.

Liam works better as a member of the group I feel, whereas Arin is pretty funny on his own when he's not just making gross jokes and fart noises.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Oxyclean posted:

It's not SBF, but this Best of Giant Bomb

I don't know why, but their reaction to beaning a virtual person in the face with a baseball kills me every time.

Any of the Giant Bomb best ofs are great for background watching, but this one is especially good.

"Just put Danica Patrick into the wall, what's GoDaddy gonna do?"

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Podcast is up. First half had to be done in the hotel lobby or something (with a special guest).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Podcast curse, missed Xcom 2

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Also the surprise Nintendo Direct. Speaking of which I wonder if they're gonna push it back a day this year since both the Nintendo and Square pressers are on Tuesday this year.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

It's awesome how the LPs have so many quotes that make no sense out of context and they would not remember AT ALL. "NO NOT GRAVY ON THE TITTIES!!!" was a good one pat just said in kuon

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Speaking of shitstorm, what are good episodes where they lose their poo poo? I'm a scaredy cat and love being scared with Matt and Pat. Phobia 1.5 really got me, it seems like first person games are the scariest but I don't know anything about the shitstorm or horror games

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Huntsman

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

They better talk about Kung Fury this podcast because man was Kung Fury a thing, and given how much they loved Too Many Cooks, I'm excited for them to lose their poo poo.

Unless they're saving it for a Let's Watch :vince:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hah, just got Liam cursing Nintendo for not bringing Chibo-Robo to the West.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Tae posted:

Hah, just got Liam cursing Nintendo for not bringing Chibo-Robo to the West.

What a scrub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man this freedom planet game looks way better then I could of imagined. Cringe to the VA and grimdark script but one problem can be solved in game super easily by just playing classic I guess.