Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I was a fan of the time Johnny Manziel pretended to be talking to the coach on the sideline but was just barely in bounds

It worked too, but was called back for holding on the line, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Chilichimp posted:

The play was illegal from the start because its against the rules.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

The play was illegal from the start because its against the rules.

Is it against the rules? What rules?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Chilichimp posted:

The great rules the NCAA makes, like no half cut shirts or giving kids a couch to sleep on if they're virtually honeless

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chilichimp posted:

You have to be some distance away from the sideline when the ball is snapped if I remember correctly.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Grittybeard posted:

You have to be some distance away from the sideline when the ball is snapped if I remember correctly.

Between the 30s i believe. Thats the coaching box. Once you get outside that box, you can line up anywhere. Otherwise you cant be with 5? yards of the sideline to avoid exactly such a thing.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

pillsburysoldier posted:

The great rules the NCAA makes, like no half cut shirts

This is a great rule though

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

This is a great rule though

Yes from now on everyone plays shirtless with a team colored codpiece

this is how the game was meant to be played

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Raku posted:

Brings new meaning to the quarterback sack

*bow tie spins*

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Raku posted:

Hey for a while there it looked like that might be where NBA uniforms would end up, but thankfully the shorts started getting longer again.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Raku posted:

You must be thinking of the LingerieLegends Football League

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chilichimp posted:

Our RB wasn't set, that's why it was called back, during the game neither the refs nor the commentators said anything about the rest of the play being illegal.

I still love the look on Shanahan's face when he just waived his clipboard and said go.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I was a fan of the time Johnny Manziel pretended to be talking to the coach on the sideline but was just barely in bounds

LOL yea which was an illegal formation from the very start so even if something had actually developed on the play it wouldn't have mattered. That was probably just Kyle Shanahan's response to getting text messages about "run a play for Johnny!" anyway though.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Fire shot out of my monitor when I read this take (re: Peyton and Winston's wonderlic scores being within 1 point)

Seems about right,Manning assaulted people in collage,Winston assaulted people in collage!
They both should have been charged for assault BUT, because they played football
( NOTHING HAPPEN ) The COLLAGE,and the COPS brush it under the RUG! We know Manning
is a ash hole who couldn't win a big game if he had a 21 point lead! Winston will end up in JAIL
sooner or later I hope who ever he assault's sue's every one from him to the cops and collage who let this pice of chit walk!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ribsauce posted:

Fire shot out of my monitor when I read this take (re: Peyton and Winston's wonderlic scores being within 1 point)

Seems about right,Manning assaulted people in collage,Winston assaulted people in collage!
They both should have been charged for assault BUT, because they played football
( NOTHING HAPPEN ) The COLLAGE,and the COPS brush it under the RUG! We know Manning
is a ash hole who couldn't win a big game if he had a 21 point lead! Winston will end up in JAIL
sooner or later I hope who ever he assault's sue's every one from him to the cops and collage who let this pice of chit walk!

Did you double check to make sure that wasn't PFT Commenter?

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED

Ribsauce posted:

Assaulting someone, whatever, but blowin those leads? Inexcusable.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

THE COLLAGE! Its pretty funny that one of the fastest ways to find out if someone went to college is to have them spell the word college.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Smiling Mandrill posted:

THE COLLAGE! Its pretty funny that one of the fastest ways to find out if someone went to college is to have them spell the word college.

I think that's a quick way to determine if they graduated from high school.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

quote:

I am also saying, for the 10 years in the 1990's, Marino never topped Ryan Tannehill's production in 2014. In his one comparable year, 1994, he did not top RT's passer rating. Matter of fact, in those 10 years, Marino never topped RT's passer rating in 2014. We have not seen better QB play than Ryan Tannehill in 2014, therefore, arguably he is better than Marino.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol @ not taking average QB rating into account

its gone up like 10 - 12 points on average from 1994 to 2014

Marino was 3rd overall in 1994
Tannehill was 14th overall in 2014 despite posting a better QB rating than Marino's 1994 season

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Oh my lord which one, the cauldron of idiots or the one with of an inferiority complex combined with protecting a pedophile ?

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Well, I guess I'll take stupid, ignorant, and hopeful over stupid, ignorant, and vicious.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Oh my lord which one, the cauldron of idiots or the one with of an inferiority complex combined with protecting a pedophile ?

Its a hole in the wall forum where all of us that posted on the ESPN Dolphins board ran to when they changed formats.

http://www.fieldchatter.com/forum/Forum-Miami-Dolphins--530

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

TheBizzness posted:

Its a hole in the wall forum where all of us that posted on the ESPN Dolphins board ran to when they changed formats.

http://www.fieldchatter.com/forum/Forum-Miami-Dolphins--530

holy poo poo the politics page owns

"This weekend was the anniversary of MLK's failed march on Washington."

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jun 3, 2015

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I contain unprepared crude & raw humor

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Chichevache posted:

I contain unprepared crude & raw humor

This should be TFF's little description blurb.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
never forget the day BrentButtBalls posted "Epic Win" for 33 straight pages after Ryan Tannehill scrambled for a first on 3rd and 7, resulting in his instant ban and rending these fieldchatter forums in twain

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
when the mod's banned BradNutsack because he called ShortShortsRick a piggy stumpdick.....i left the espn forums behind forever

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Honestly.. I gotta support this because gently caress Dan Marino.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Fire Stephen A and put this guy on First Take, tia

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
He interviews Pete Caroll and they agree on everything

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

He's right about the conferences though. AFC is for the common man and the NFC is for the arrogant snobs :colbert:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I love you, TFF. The other football forum on SA.com may or may not be the worst forum, but I'm now convinced it has the worst human beings.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Patriots died

shot from a grassy knoll

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

A.o.D. posted:

I love you, TFF. The other football forum on SA.com may or may not be the worst forum, but I'm now convinced it has the worst human beings.

Soccer fans?
Bad?
WHAAAAAAA

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

There is a moment in every ironic forum when the ironic misanthropy starts changing into real misanthropy

see: gbs

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

There is a moment in every ironic forum when the ironic misanthropy starts changing into real misanthropy

see: gbs

If I posted in GBS I would hate humanity too.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

For anyone who doesn't go to the FART thread on a regular basis, I do a thing called Twitter Hot Takes that is similar to what this thread is about.

http://www.footballandrationalthoughts.com/category/humor/twitter-hot-takes/

I think this one is still my favorite:

http://www.footballandrationalthoughts.com/2015/03/18/twitter-hot-takes-chris-borland-retires/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh man, you need that guy that shows up in every twitter conversation about athletes / ESPN personalities to talk about how these people are paid over a game and firefighters / teachers / cops should be making that money instead.

• Locked thread