Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
is anybody getting an error message about the console not being able to connect to the internet while the web browser works perfectly fine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You know what's insane, all of the update content probably exists on the disc and it's just a special...thing Nintendo pushes out to activate it. The new maps, mode, and gun, all came right at 10 with no issue.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

As expected, 52gal deco is real good in splat zones

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
New map is fun!

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

96 gal all the way, that sprinkler and echolocator are great for area control.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

either my connection is poo poo or the nes zapper is insane because ive been splatted by people who use a super jump and start firing me as i hit them

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well
Splat Zones just seems a chaotic mess right now and not particularly fun.

The new map is cool though.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Just started a match with only 3 people on my team... but you only lose 1 point for it. So that's pretty nice.

edit: Judging from people moving up to C rank, it might be business as usual for the other team for points.

The 9 at the end of my point score is gonna piss me off...

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

splatzone really isn't very fun

i hope they put the normal mode into ranked

edit: once you take the point having one person hide somewhat near it and letting everybody spawn off of you is a really easy way to win

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm stuck at work like some kind of not-kid, not-squid. What's the rundown on splatzones?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Tengames posted:

either my connection is poo poo or the nes zapper is insane because ive been splatted by people who use a super jump and start firing me as i hit them

Zapper feels really nice, especially if you've been doing nothing but hauling rollers and such around for the past few days. I can actually splat the enemy reliably again.

Also people in general don't even seem to notice they're being hit until it's too late, especially rollers just seem to push forward without ever trying to squid and retreat.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The ink wall shield is amazing now :getin:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm stuck at work like some kind of not-kid, not-squid. What's the rundown on splatzones?
Its good.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Really dependant on team composition and skill. If your team doesn't remember what mode it is, or where the splat zone is it gets frustrating. When they're equal it's really fun and hectic.

I'd have to say, the Squid Beats minigame to play other tacks really makes the Amiibo worth it to me. Been waiting for an 8th player for about 4 minutes now. The waiting for enough players thing really made sense.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Regy Rusty posted:

Saltspray is so much better of a Splatzone map than Urchin, it's ridiculous

Saltspray's pretty terrible for Splat Zone. You'd get a much better map with a separate Splat Zone at the high and low areas. That single Zone where it is turns into a straight king-of-the-hill with a massive advantage for the defenders: Both lifts are gonna get you killed, ditto if you try to circle around. All you have left is the ramp and the sneaky balcony, and both are easy to cover if you're on your game (Seekers are evil things :unsmigghh:)

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Ranked is fun enough...I think we just need to grind out of the bottom pool where 1/3 of the time there is some idiot on your team painting the rest of the map.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I feel like ive turned into a complete idiot in ranked mode. I've losted 5 games ina row and everything is compeltely murdering me while im 5 levels below everyone.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Saltspray's pretty terrible for Splat Zone. You'd get a much better map with a separate Splat Zone at the high and low areas. That single Zone where it is turns into a straight king-of-the-hill with a massive advantage for the defenders: Both lifts are gonna get you killed, ditto if you try to circle around. All you have left is the ramp and the sneaky balcony, and both are easy to cover if you're on your game (Seekers are evil things :unsmigghh:)

I think it's fun. Urchin underpass is way more obnoxious with its big pit.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

splatzone would benefit from a map like skate park or mall but these two uuhhhhh

salt spray the rounds are stupid quick because there's just a couple of ways into the point and it's super easy to lock down

need more wide open points

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Jesus I won the first two but then two guys on the other team left because they were losing which shifted the firepower to the other team starting a steak of seven straight knockout losses (jumping teams was no help because you'd just join another losing team people left because it was losing)

I've only had one non-loss since.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Both lifts are gonna get you killed, ditto if you try to circle around.

Does anyone else ever use the pipes beside the lift?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I just went 14-2 on ranked Saltspray Rig by using the custom blaster and bullying people who were on the platforms above the point since I could hit them from below with splash damage before they could hit(or sometimes see) me :haw:

This weapon rules in ranked.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I am 2-10 so far.

Just kill me. :negative:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ranked is nuts. I'm not sure if it's for me yet but it's definitely a fun shake up. It's very satisfying to have a back and forth struggle but it's something I need to be more awake for to really judge. Hectic!

New map is cool even though I got my rear end inked hard a few times and couldn't figure out how to push back. The layout is great for sneak attacks.

ZAP 85 or whatever is neat. I like the range and rate of fire but I still feel naked without my roller.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
What the hell was my team doing just then. Two of my guys were hanging around in their spawn zone. That's two knockouts you bozos have caused for me!

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Just had a Tie-Loss.

I don't understand, we were ahead, time ran out and it said overtime. It counted down...then nothing. Then they got the zone back (us still ahead)....and our team lost?

just had this happen a second time, what the gently caress

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

ComradeCosmobot posted:

What the hell was my team doing just then. Two of my guys were hanging around in their spawn zone. That's two knockouts you bozos have caused for me!

disconnects

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

TubeStank posted:

disconnects

No. They were hanging out in the other team's spawn zone.

Topkill
Dec 1, 2006

You see, the heart of murder is through the heart.
Ranked is getting to be pretty difficult, maybe it's just these two maps that are hard? I switched to using the blaster from the aerospray and it's kind of working a little bit better.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

IronicDongz posted:

I just went 14-2 on ranked Saltspray Rig by using the custom blaster and bullying people who were on the platforms above the point since I could hit them from below with splash damage before they could hit(or sometimes see) me :haw:

This weapon rules in ranked.

i got 13-1 by using the inkzooka on the people sniping form above. I've clearly been wrong about this thing.

I still lost when the other team used an inkstrike to go into overtime :negative:

Chance posted:

Just had a Tie-Loss.

I don't understand, we were ahead, time ran out and it said overtime. It counted down...then nothing. Then they got the zone back (us still ahead)....and our team lost?

just had this happen a second time, what the gently caress

if the losing team has control of the point, it goes into overtime until they lose the point and fail, or they get a score lead and then they win.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
I would like ranked mode more when I stop getting frequent network disconnects, thereby losing ranks. Which is super lame :mad:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

yeah i really don't like ranked

it's nothing but sprinklers / ink strikes and it's next to impossible to take the point once its lost

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This game is making me hate the people of Japan.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Okay I changed my mind. Saltspray ranked sucks too because no one on my team knows how to shoot up.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

i keep getting disconnected every time i'm on a winning team in ranked :mad:

time to go back to the more chill and fun normal mode

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

TubeStank posted:

yeah i really don't like ranked

it's nothing but sprinklers / ink strikes and it's next to impossible to take the point once its lost

Maybe it'll get better after the first hour.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i do not like splat zone's penalty system at all

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

mabels big day posted:

This game is making me hate the people of Japan.

:tipshat:

Yesterday I played a game with some other goons, and it was all of them against three Japanese players and myself. And my Nintendo nickname is in Kana, so really it was team Japan. I think it was in the mall, and we crushed them :japan:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Yeah I'm gonna sit out. Sucky teams stay sucky for now because everyone is looking for a winning team which means everyone on losing teams keeps shuffling. As a result I haven't been able to get above 40 points before slipping back to the bottom of C- because of crap teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Tengames posted:

i got 13-1 by using the inkzooka on the people sniping form above. I've clearly been wrong about this thing.

I still lost when the other team used an inkstrike to go into overtime :negative:

if the losing team has control of the point, it goes into overtime until they lose the point and fail, or they get a score lead and then they win.

We definitely were winning. Lower countdown number is winning correct?

• Locked thread