Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Brony Car posted:

non-corrupt South American and African nations

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

just host the Freedom Tournament in 2018 on the same days as Putin Cup. play the games in american football football stadiums so that it costs jack squat to run (comparatively). tell all the big corporate sponsors they have to choose, Freedom or FIFA. invite all the euro teams, try and get latin American teams to defect, and maybe invite a few rando Asian countries to pad out the international aspect. then all the lucrative American and European eyeballs won't be lining Blatter's war chest / slush find and either fifa will reform or fold. even a credible threat of this happening might be enough?? makes u think, anyway

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Nothing will happen, the 2018 and 2022 WCs are going to happen as planned and Blatter will never set foot in prison.

Hell, Qatar is going to be during December and none of the European leagues are going to stop it.

Europeans have low T

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Brony Car posted:

The Euros are a better tournament anyways. Plus, didn't they just expand the Euros to a hilariously large number of countries? They might as well go whole hog and follow up on Tom's idea and invite/bribe non-corrupt South American and African nations to join in instead of San Marino or whatever no vowels country was going to be there..

Straight knockouts. No groups. No Russians. Fun for all.

The Euros were not better than the last World Cup it's not even funny.

Euros are pretty drat boring in fact. Copa America is often more interesting.

Euros need to be majorly restructured if they want to be interesting enough to match the World Cup. Nobody outside of Europe watches that poo poo.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

El Hefe posted:

Nothing will happen, the 2018 and 2022 WCs are going to happen as planned and Blatter will never set foot in prison.

Hell, Qatar is going to be during December and none of the European leagues are going to stop it.

Europeans have low T

I like how people continue to say this without a single bit of evidence.

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp

PerpetualSelf posted:

Russia shot down a jetliner full of dutch and they're like "that was really hosed up and mean please dont do it again.....oh and please if you could dont loot the bodies"

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

PerpetualSelf posted:

Proof that Europeans have low T? Plenty of evidence available

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

bloodsacrifice posted:

Russia shot down a jetliner full of dutch and they're like "that was really hosed up and mean please dont do it again.....oh and please if you could dont loot the bodies"

Yeah because that's exactly what happened.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

PerpetualSelf posted:

Yeah because that's exactly what happened.

You're right, they did loot the bodies.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

PerpetualSelf posted:

- sepp blatter

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Yeah, no. A lot of European countries voted for Blatter, so this wont happen. Hell, here in the Netherlands its even suggested that Germany voted for Blatter.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Surely there's someone we can bribe to get the country-by-country voting results?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Hell, Blatter is good

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
God I hate John Oliver.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

advanced statsman posted:

Hell, Blatter is good

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

If the alternative to Blatter is some euro faggots pretending to be clean and transforming football into a harlem globetrotters game then blatter is cool and good.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Remember the epl's 39th game

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax

apart from the every two years part everything about this sounds awesome

shame it will never happen

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

PerpetualSelf posted:

Euros need to be majorly restructured if they want to be interesting enough to match the World Cup. Nobody outside of Europe watches that poo poo.
Everybody watches the Euros what world are you on

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Polidoro posted:

God I hate John Oliver.

Same, I am rooting for Sepp now.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Polidoro posted:

God I hate John Oliver.

Hello, friend.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Western Europe is a decadent cesspool of corruption, faggotry and moral decay. They lost their balls in WWII and the pussy whipped dickless wonders won't let them graft them back. Frankly, it's disgusting and appalling how men feared throughout the world have turned into women, slapped around by muslim immigrants, enslaved and subservient to blood oil money, quaking in their boots in their own god damned countries they no longer own or control.

Sepp will rule supreme and Western Europe will take it and enjoy it, because that's how it likes it, like a ravaged whore that it is.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
All you really need for a good world cup is UEFA and CONMEBOL and they're the 2 federations that mostly didn't vote for Blatter

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

Jose posted:

All you really need for a good world cup is UEFA and CONMEBOL and they're the 2 federations that mostly didn't vote for Blatter

But one of them was missing votes...

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax

mackintosh posted:

Western Europe is a decadent cesspool of corruption, faggotry and moral decay. They lost their balls in WWII and the pussy whipped dickless wonders won't let them graft them back. Frankly, it's disgusting and appalling how men feared throughout the world have turned into women, slapped around by muslim immigrants, enslaved and subservient to blood oil money, quaking in their boots in their own god damned countries they no longer own or control.

Sepp will rule supreme and Western Europe will take it and enjoy it, because that's how it likes it, like a ravaged whore that it is.

europe has all the leverage and they will never do anything with it, they are a fag continent

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

All you really need for a good world cup is UEFA

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Polidoro posted:

God I hate John Oliver.

jesus thank gently caress i thought i was the only one why is he popular

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

dex_sda posted:

Hi sepp

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

PerpetualSelf posted:

Euros are normally better, the last World Cup was just particularly good.

Though the Euros are now going to be loving poo poo because Platini can't leave well enough alone.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Polidoro posted:

God I hate John Oliver.

Why?

mastervj
Feb 25, 2011

dex_sda posted:

Because he's funny and has an interesting show, hth.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

mastervj posted:

Because he's funny and has an interesting show, hth.

pretty much any random famous british comedian is a funnier person starring in a more interesting show, mr. Hope This Helps

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Charlie Mopps posted:

Yeah, no. A lot of European countries voted for Blatter, so this wont happen. Hell, here in the Netherlands its even suggested that Germany voted for Blatter.

Probably every country that's hosted a World Cup in decades has bribed a shitload of people to get it and voted for Blatter in hopes that no one finds out. It's Blatter talk but it really is true that this whole campaign was started by sore losers. If the 2018 and 2022 World Cups had gone to Britain and the US, no one would give a poo poo about FIFA corruption and there would be no American investigation, even though they could still find all the evidence of corruption in earlier votes like South Africa or Brazil.

That's not to say that this investigation isn't a good thing, because it is. But it's all because the countries that could do the investigating didn't have huge corrupt winning bids to cover up.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
So from what I can tell is that Sepp Blatter is ftw and we are going to have an epic goonmeet at Quatar 2022.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

dex_sda posted:

pretty much any random famous british comedian is a funnier person starring in a more interesting show, mr. Hope This Helps
i would like to see american reactions to stewart lee

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

coffeetable posted:

i would like to see american reactions to stewart lee

It's just a joke, like on Last Week Tonight

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

goons sure get mad about popular stuff

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Probably every country that's hosted a World Cup in decades has bribed a shitload of people to get it and voted for Blatter in hopes that no one finds out. It's Blatter talk but it really is true that this whole campaign was started by sore losers. If the 2018 and 2022 World Cups had gone to Britain and the US, no one would give a poo poo about FIFA corruption and there would be no American investigation, even though they could still find all the evidence of corruption in earlier votes like South Africa or Brazil.

That's not to say that this investigation isn't a good thing, because it is. But it's all because the countries that could do the investigating didn't have huge corrupt winning bids to cover up.

The us investigation has been going on for decades.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

kri kri posted:

The us investigation has been going on for decades.

I thought it had been going on for a few years, but had uncovered evidence going back decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
hahahaha yeah good thread everybody hahaha

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)