Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

LBX makes me want a new Custom Robo game now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jarogue posted:

LBX makes me want a new Custom Robo game now.

LBX pretty much is a new Custom Robo by the looks of it :shepspends:. Shame the multiplayer's only local instead of online though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pureauthor posted:

Bravely Second coming over in 2016

Disappointed but only because i'm really excited for this game. Its been out in Japan for awhile now, Bravely Default was very successful around the world, and Square-Enix is still the publisher. I would think they could have the resources to make this happen sooner. Even Persona 5 is getting a same day worldwide release.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wonder if Bravely Second is getting and updated version like the first game did, that would explain the delay.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I'm having trouble getting on the eShop. Is it something on my end, or is it always like this right after a direct and I've just been lucky in the past.

EDIT: It was my router being dumb.

A Fancy 400 lbs fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jun 1, 2015

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Any word on being able to pre-order the Chibi-Robo bundle? I'm predicting getting that thing will be hell.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Sorry to disrupt the announcement-chat - have any Euros seen Rune Factory 4 come up on the eShop deals yet?

I'm tempted by it but £24.99 seems a little steep for a mostly blind purchase.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

no, i've been keeping an eye on it as well

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Even Persona 5 is getting a same day worldwide release.

Wait what

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Saagonsa posted:

Wait what

It isn't. It's getting a fairly close same-year release, like SMT4.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Motto posted:

It isn't. It's getting a fairly close same-year release, like SMT4.

Or 18 months later if you live in Europe.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm very happy to hear LBX is finally coming overseas, I've been waiting years for that series to get the Level-5 English touch and it comes at a great time when I don't know what if any 3DS games I'll be buying this for the rest of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJWAr-LE-2A

Still holding on for hope of DQ8 at E3 :(

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Policenaut posted:

Still holding on for hope of DQ8 at E3 :(

If you can't wait the iOS port of Dragon Quest 8 is fantastic. I highly recommend it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BGrifter posted:

If you can't wait the iOS port of Dragon Quest 8 is fantastic. I highly recommend it.

It's on Android too. :peanut:

I actually didn't know until just now that DQ8 is coming to 3DS in Japan in August. So it will be a very lengthy wait until the game comes out in the U.S. if it does at all. We've been waiting for new ports of this PS2 title for yaers now, so we can wait a bit longer imo.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm kinda pumped for Dr. Mario.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Housh posted:

I'm kinda pumped for Dr. Mario.

I really wish they'd change the loving music though. Its been, what, three games since the Wiiware version (Express on DSi, Dr. Luigi and now this)? Pump some new tunes out or let me use NES/GB/SNES/N64 music instead.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Seriously, why would they bring DQ8 overseas if they still haven't localized DW7?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

BisterdDave posted:

Seriously, why would they bring DQ8 overseas if they still haven't localized DW7?

"Want to get this game you really want to play? Buy this game you already have and we'll think about it, maybe."

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

jivjov posted:

Has there been any major Nintendo game recently that's been physical-only? Everything goes up on eshop these days.

I meant it more like if it were digital-only, it would make more sense in explicitly one sense, since it makes no sense to buy it physically if you play your Wii U already. You'd have to play the game for short bursts, then pop it out and pop another game in etc. Unless you bought it physically and had x game digitally.

codenameFANGIO posted:

What? Like, you don't think they should sell it on disc? They will. :psyduck:

I know they will, I just think

it don't make sense

for those that buy it that way

unless they're digital only already

in which case it makes a lil less sense

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BisterdDave posted:

Dragon Quest 8 is a safer bet than DQ7

People actually have nostalgia for it as it was fairly successful in the west. It actually has a smaller script than DQ7 does IIRC as well as nicer graphics (even on the 3DS downscale) and a lot of other touches that make it more likely to do well.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Justin_Brett posted:

"Want to get this game you really want to play? Buy this game you already have and we'll think about it, maybe."

Right on the dot. I just beat DQ8 on the PS2 for the first time last year and while it is an amazing game, I don't see why it's getting precedence. I guess everyone buy this poo poo so we can prove that the series is still popular over here. I'll do my part with Dragon Quest Heroes.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I really wish they'd change the loving music though. Its been, what, three games since the Wiiware version (Express on DSi, Dr. Luigi and now this)? Pump some new tunes out or let me use NES/GB/SNES/N64 music instead.

Wait, they got rid of the original Dr Mario music? :argh:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Pureauthor posted:

Bravely Second coming over in 2016

Okay now we need to figure out what the subtitle means and if it's a hint like the last one

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

I bought a 64gb MicroSD XC card for my New 3ds XL.

My Windows PC does not have a card reader. We have an Apple computer that does.

Is there a way I can format this card using the Apple to get the 3DS to read it? Currently, it (the 3DS XL) does not detect an SD card at all.

johnny sack fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 2, 2015

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Okay now we need to figure out what the subtitle means and if it's a hint like the last one

Friend Layer. The girl turns you down at the end.

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

Just not this year..

I don't know what I did but my 3DS XL suddenly recognized the 64gb card.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

johnny sack posted:

I bought a 64gb MicroSD XC card for my New 3ds XL.

My Windows PC does not have a card reader. We have an Apple computer that does.

Is there a way I can format this card using the Apple to get the 3DS to read it? Currently, it (the 3DS XL) does not detect an SD card at all.

You should see FAT when in Disk Utility and under Erase for the SD card.

e: It could be different since it's 64GB

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Send Slayer

I was waiting for a Warhammer reference in my Final Fantasies.

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

Just not this year..

noirstronaut posted:

You should see FAT when in Disk Utility and under Erase for the SD card.

e: It could be different since it's 64GB

I did that. That's probably what made it work.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pikachu's shilling for ketchup now? http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2015/06/02/88100.html

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

He's so proud of his little chef hat :allears:.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Makes sense, pikachu loving loves ketchup. I'd be surprised if this is the first such deal, really.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
That second Pikachu is cute but looks so strange. Pikachu's front torso is just a big lump of solid yellow.

So are these some sort of Pikachu theme kitchen accessories or something? Because I see a Pikachu plate and what looks like a poster for drawing Pikachu in ketchup.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

System update is out. Very stable.

Regionfour (the hack that makes your 3DS region-free) still works, though it needs to be deleted and redownloaded via QR code.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

For a second I thought these were amiibos and I don't know whether I should be dissapointed or not that they aren't.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I stopped listing upcoming non-crappy 3DS releases when the new thread was made because I couldn't be arsed to go back and copy/paste the old list but what the hell, here's a new one:

Story of Seasons - out now! (NA) / TBC (PAL)
Etrian Mystery Dungeon - out now! (NA) / Septembee 11 (PAL)
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked 2: Record Breaker - out now! (NA) / October 30 (PAL)
Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven - out now! (NA) / June 4 (PAL, eShop-only)
Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley - out now! (NA) / June 19 (PAL)
Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 - June 24 (PAL, eShop-only) / June 30 (NA, eShop-only)
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight - August 4 (NA) / February 12 (PAL)
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson - August 11 (NA) / August 11 (PAL)
Little Battlers Experience - August 21 (NA) / "November" (PAL)
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX - September 8 (NA) / September 11 (PAL)
Rodea the Sky Soldier - September 22 (PAL) / September 25 (NA)
Chibi-Robo: Zip-Lash - "October" (NA) / "November'
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - "Q4 2015" (NA) / "Q4 2015" (PAL)
Project X Zone 2 - "Q4 2015" (NA) / "Q4 2015" (PAL)
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon - "winter 2015" (NA) / "early 2016" (PAL)
Stella Glow - "2015" (NA) / TBA (PAL)
Bravely Second: End Layer - "2016" (NA) / "2016" (PAL)
Yo-Kai Watch - "2016" (NA) / "2016" (PAL)
Fire Emblem if - "2016" (NA) / "2016" (PAL)

I didn't list anything that doesn't have a confirmed western release, or any eShop-only games because I'm lazy and I'll get around to it later. Did I miss anything obvious?

Theta Zero posted:

That second Pikachu is cute but looks so strange. Pikachu's front torso is just a big lump of solid yellow.

So are these some sort of Pikachu theme kitchen accessories or something? Because I see a Pikachu plate and what looks like a poster for drawing Pikachu in ketchup.

The plate/plush are sweepstakes prizes, the ketchup lids can be redeemed by collecting labels or whatever.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Weird question, but can you back up save files from cartridges? I just signed up for Gamefly again and want to try out some 3DS games, and was just curious if I could back up the save file to my 3DS in case I return the game and want to play it again in the future.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fremry posted:

Weird question, but can you back up save files from cartridges? I just signed up for Gamefly again and want to try out some 3DS games, and was just curious if I could back up the save file to my 3DS in case I return the game and want to play it again in the future.

No, you can't. What you can do is extract them for use in an eshop-purchased digital version of the game though. There is a tool on the eShop for doing so with.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You can use the R4i Save Dongle. I have no idea if Nintendo patched it up or whatever, but it's literally made for that exact purpose. You can't use other people's saves on your cartridge though, so you're essentially out of luck if you want to backup the save and use it with another cart of the same game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/06/02/will-nintendos-nx-adopt-android-company-says-no/

quote:

Nintendo Co. shot down a report that said it was planning on using the Android operating system to run its top secret next-generation console, which has been codenamed “NX.”

There is no truth to the report saying that we are planning to adopt Android for NX,” a Nintendo spokesman said.

The spokesman was responding to a report in Japanese business daily the Nikkei that said Nintendo would use the Google -developed open source operating system in the console, citing people with knowledge of what’s going on at the Kyoto-based company’s headquarters.