Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

thespaceinvader posted:

Yeah, Hanabi is a really great game, the more I play it, the more I enjoy it. But the more I play it with the same group of people, the closer we come to developing outright conventions which make it less enjoyable D:

I know exactly what you mean.

Something of the sort kinda sorta happened with the couple we played with; a player was reviewing the hints (and lack thereof) she remembered getting and working through them. She concluded that "my entire hand must be playable!" and slapped down a card.

That was ONE interpretation. The other interpretation that also fit was that NONE of her cards were playable (this was the case.)

The card she tried to play wasn't playable (none of her cards were playable) and we burnt a fuse. She thought "oh no, I got it wrong, I didn't 'get' what the lack of hints was supposed to mean!"

But objectively speaking, she gained information about her ENTIRE hand for the low price of a fuse token (her hypothesis was a 50/50 - either her whole hand was playable, or her whole hand wasn't) but her takeaway was "I screwed this up because I didn't get the meta-messages" which was really unfortunate, and I wish I had realized this all earlier and been able to articulate it at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Internet, I call forth your power!
Let's T_Roll.
I was at the UK Boardgame Expo. I just sat down and gamed with people, no tournaments or listening to talks by designers etc. Didn't talk to Eric Lang or that guy with that next great american game or Turnpike Documentary (Is that like a mid life crisis story?) Missed the dark room guy's thing. Just sat and gamed.

There was a thing that happened when I was trying to attract people for Dominion. I have all the sets all sleeved and cut to fit the sleeves.
(Obligatory storage solution mention:Yughi-oh size opaques, Storage solution is ultra pro 9 pockets in 2 ring binders. 10 to 12 cards are a snug fit that holds them in, plus an Ascension deck box I won in a tournament for base cards).

I have my phablet advertising with ticker app and mini flag. After 5 mins of waiting for a 3rd or more player a large, hippyish, American woman in a wheelchair at the end of the table asked if we wanted a player. I said yes asking if she wanted to play? She said no but she would get someone. I assumed that it would be her 2 colleagues who were absent at that moment. She said "Don't worry I'm an American." She then bellowed out to a huge ballroom full of people asking for players for my game. Everyone stopped play and stared, disturbing them and 2 tournaments. I sank down to the table head over my hands mortified at just what happened. I then guessed she had scared everyone away from my game. Some nice but weird woman approached and asked to join quite quickly though. Played shaking my head over and over.

Not the first time I've seen people shouting out for players. Or even random confusing announcements.

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

Stumiester posted:

I really enjoy it. Warning though: Portal games are awful. Made an order there - only acknowledgement I had was from Paypal that I had paid them, and then from the delivery company 3 weeks later saying they had delivered the package. Nothing else. They didn't respond to any emails or calls. I consider it an absolute miracle that I got the game.

Mileage may vary though.

Oh, and those crystal balls are only in the Italian version, not the Polish.

I had a similar experience with the delivery, 3 or 4 weeks without really any updates, but from what I gathered from BGG that's basically how their international shipments were going, and I wasn't really concerned about the delivery, just the timetable of it. Italian version has the crystal balls, but the Polish version includes some extra cards (unless thats changed in the last couple months.)

FWIW I think it's a fantastic concept for a game, and if you're willing to tweak the rules a bit to adjust for difficulty it holds up to repeated play pretty well. Your group may develop conventions around certain cards, which I've started to notice a little. If it picks up too much we'll probably either remove those cards or ramp up the challenge by requiring the ghost to play multiple cards for each dream.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

FelchTragedy posted:

She then bellowed out to a huge ballroom full of people asking for players for my game.

Visited by the spirit of Boardgaming Dom Joly.

"HELLO?! YEAH I'M PLAYING CAVERNA. YEAH. YEAH. YEAH, IT'S poo poo."

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Just about everything has been said about Libertalia but I feel like I need to echo the sentiment that 3-4 players is the sweet spot for it. 2 is okayish. More than 4 gets so unpredictable it starts to feel like planning at all is futile, and the game slows down a bit too.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Oooh, Miniature Market now has $6 flat rate shipping in the continental US.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
Florenza: The Card Game was added to BGA, looking over the rules it seems pretty mediocre. Any reason to play it?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

What do you board gamers think of Lewis and Clark? How does is it compare with those Kennerspiel weight games discussed recently?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

FelchTragedy posted:

She said "Don't worry I'm an American." She then bellowed out to a huge ballroom full of people

That is loving hilarious but also a rather sharp reminder of cultural differences but also mostly hilarious

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Let's T_Roll.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

That is loving hilarious but also a rather sharp reminder of cultural differences but also mostly hilarious

It's more a reminder of the lack of theory of mind that some people up the :spergin: spectrum have that they can't envision people being upset by their actions. There were of course many other people with traits. Self rockers, adults jumping up and down for joy like infants.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

We Yanks are about results and she got you a player.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

al-azad posted:

We Yanks are about results and she got you a player.

As a 'Murican, in large groups looking for people to join us in whatever we will do that. Not all of us mind you, but enough that it isn't really uncommon or thought poorly of.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Bubble-T posted:

Florenza: The Card Game was added to BGA, looking over the rules it seems pretty mediocre. Any reason to play it?

It's free and might be good...

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Let's T_Roll.

Madmarker posted:

As a 'Murican, in large groups looking for people to join us in whatever we will do that. Not all of us mind you, but enough that it isn't really uncommon or thought poorly of.

I've seen British people do it too. Someone shouted for players at a smaller convention to which someone whom I'd just met turned to me and said "What a hero." Cerebral mind sports being interrupted by socially blinkered people is what it is. The nationality was just a side mention.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Would like thread advice please!

Am in Japan and thought I could check out board games that can only be gotten here or are hard to acquire otherwise. Any that you would recommend? Keep in mind that I don't speak Japanese, so something that can be learned with English rules is best, even if the game itself isn't English.

Besides tragedy looper as apparently that's come to my home country in English so no need.

I realise this is an odd q, but hopefully there's something that fits?

Ps - Only board game shop I found so far is Yellow Submarine in Akihabara.

EDIT : Details that might help

- live in Malaysia, availability is a crap shoot
- most played games in my group tend to be screw other player games (GoT, diplomacy) but priority is just something that can only be found in Japan
- other personal faves are mage Knight, dominant species (bit long), chaos in the old world, libertalia, race for the galaxy
- am on lookout for mysterium too or pictomania but they didn't have either

Artelier fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 2, 2015

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Artelier posted:

A friend of mine recently picked up Fake Artist Goes To New York and Deep Sea Adventure. Both are cute little games that come in content appropriate boxes (If that's a plus for you. It certainly is for me).

Fake Artist is a party game where one person selects a category and gives everyone else except for one player a word within that category. The person without the word is the fake artist. Then, on a single sheet of paper, everybody takes turns drawing one line each to indicate to the others that they know what the topic is. It goes around twice, and then everybody points a finger at who they believe the fake artist is. It's Spyfall with pictures!

Deep Sea Adventure is a press your luck game where everybody plays divers searching for treasure underwater. Problem is, everybody shares the same pool of oxygen. You only score if you manage to bring treasure back to the submarine, which is actually surprisingly difficult because people are greedy jerks. You're spending turns heading deeper toward better treasure, but each treasure you pick up increases your burden, increases your oxygen expenditure, and lowers your movement. You have to head back up after you decide you've had enough. Each game is played over three rounds; everybody who 'drowns' drops all their treasure to the bottom in stacks of 3 instead of 1, which tightens the 'board' up, making it easier to reach the bottom.

Texibus
May 18, 2008

Scyther posted:

Just about everything has been said about Libertalia but I feel like I need to echo the sentiment that 3-4 players is the sweet spot for it. 2 is okayish. More than 4 gets so unpredictable it starts to feel like planning at all is futile, and the game slows down a bit too.

Doing it wrong unless you have a 5 way pass of 8 curses with the monkey on the last round.

Texibus
May 18, 2008

FelchTragedy posted:

It's more a reminder of the lack of theory of mind that some people up the :spergin: spectrum have that they can't envision people being upset by their actions. There were of course many other people with traits. Self rockers, adults jumping up and down for joy like infants.

Like most Americans, she was overtaken by the spirit of Paul Revere and then yodeled across the masses to rally to your cause.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

djfooboo posted:

It's free and might be good...
There's plenty on BGA that's free and IS good though?

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

Artelier posted:

Am in Japan and thought I could check out board games that can only be gotten here or are hard to acquire otherwise. Any that you would recommend? Keep in mind that I don't speak Japanese, so something that can be learned with English rules is best, even if the game itself isn't English.

Design Town is a clever little 5-card (double sided) deck builder with push-your-luck elements. Pretty simple, but worth checking out.

DeepSpaceBeans
Nov 2, 2005

Let's build us a happy, little cloud that floats around the sky.

Artelier posted:

Besides tragedy looper as apparently that's come to my home country in English so no need.

I realise this is an odd q, but hopefully there's something that fits?

Ps - Only board game shop I found so far is Yellow Submarine in Akihabara.

EDIT : Details that might help

- live in Malaysia, availability is a crap shoot
- most played games in my group tend to be screw other player games (GoT, diplomacy) but priority is just something that can only be found in Japan
- other personal faves are mage Knight, dominant species (bit long), chaos in the old world, libertalia, race for the galaxy
- am on lookout for mysterium too or pictomania but they didn't have either

Karesansui is a good one. Made a big splash at the Tokyo Games Market. It is listed in BGG under stone garden (there is another game from 2013 of the same name, that's not it.). It's a tile placement game with some neat strategy. It is also very pretty. There is a pretty complete translation of the rules, and the card text (there aren't many cards that need translation, like 10).

Kigi is one that looks like an interesting little micro-game.

Be My Valentine was one that a lot of people were interested in as well. It's a bluffing card game where players are sending letters to each other and other players are determining if they are just being friendly, or if it is actually a secret love letter!

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

thespaceinvader posted:

There's plenty on BGA that's free and IS good though?

It is kind of weird to ask if a free, easily accessible thing is worth trying, especially since the average time on BGA is <30 mins.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

A card driven war/historical game that had players deck-build the shared deck would be interesting, maybe. It could even be thematic: an early era action triggers a later era event, once the deck cycles to that point.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
You bastards broke me.

I bought Mage Knight and it all looks pretty amazing when you open it up. Had someone I know pop round for a free couple of hours and we got a taste of the starter mission. It takes an age when neither of us are used to it, so I think its best for next time if i get a couple of games in for easy explanation.

Are there any cheat sheets for easy set up or what players can do in a turn?

Another game added to my 'Big Rarely Played Games' but at least this is solo and pretty.

Fat Turkey fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 2, 2015

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

fozzy fosbourne posted:

A card driven war/historical game that had players deck-build the shared deck would be interesting, maybe. It could even be thematic: an early era action triggers a later era event, once the deck cycles to that point.

Mage struggle

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
A friend bought Dune on ebay yesterday :dance:

Today he realized it is the crappy Parker Brothers version :(

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Let's T_Roll.
Scrolling back through the thread I also support Glass Road being very good.

I also like Fresco. When you play it the pink and brown module is a must. You can make a joke of do you prefer pink or brown in regards to flesh pipes. The other modules are good too. 5 and 6 are good. Especially 6. 7 is standalone reasonable but expensive to get. 8 9 10 I don't know because haven't afforded them. When playing with new people I use pink and brown and gold leaf which is module 5.

FelchTragedy fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 2, 2015

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Fat Turkey posted:

You bastards broke me.

I bought Mage Knight and it all looks pretty amazing when you open it up. Had someone I know pop round for a free couple of hours and we got a taste of the starter mission. It takes an age when neither of us are uses to it, so I think its beat for next time if i get a couple of games in for easy explanation.

I can tell you that it WILL come together and make sense for you, and you will feel much more comfortable with the whole flow once you get past any initial sprawl-shock.

Keep the site cards handy (the ones that say Monastary, Keep, Village, etc) and refer to them when you reveal a new tile (for setup of each site) and just generally to refer to. All the little fiddly rules specific to the sites are on those cards.

Fat Turkey posted:

Are there any cheat sheets for easy set up or what players can do in a turn?

No, not really. The back of the rulebook gives a useful overview of a turn though.

The feeling of not knowing what you can do in a turn won't last long.

You do all movement on the map first, then do an Action (either fight something, or interact aka buy something with Influence.)
Healing and other effects like gain a mana token or gain a crystal, etc are all played pretty much whenever in your turn except you cannot heal in the middle of a fight.

The action (after movement) is optional but sometimes a fight is mandatory as a result of something you did in movement, like moved onto a Keep = assault it. Moved twice in a row adjacent to a rampaging enemy = they fight you, and so on.

Now I did write up a cheat sheet actually buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut it's only for a specific scenario in the Lost Legion expansion.

However this might help you out, I decided to do some copypaste from it:

quote:

NEW ROUND PROCESS
-Flip the day/night board (first round is day)
-Reset the source (at least half the dice must show basic colors. Reroll all black and golds together until this is true if needed.)
- If it is day, blacks are exhausted. If night, gold is exhausted. Move them to the top right.
-New unit offer: put all units (and advanced actions if any in the unit offer) to the bottom of their decks. If no core tiles revealed, deal out 4 Basic units (# players + 2). If at least one core tile is revealed, alternate Elite and Basic units. Begin with Elite in the first slot.
-Add one Advanced Action to the unit offer for each unburned monastery on the board.
-Refresh Advanced Action offer: put the lowest card (solo: and optionally the middle card as well) to the bottom of the deck. Shift cards down. Deal to top, fill back up to three.
-Refresh Spell offer: same as Adv Actions.
-Gather used tactics cards.
-Lay out new tactics. Do not choose yet.
-Flip banners & used skills face up. Optionally discard banners from units now.
-Ready all units (including wounded.) They are not healed here.
-Shuffle deed decks and draw to hand limit. See level token for hand limit. Bonuses if adjacent to owned keeps and cities, see site reference cards. If both apply, use only the higher bonus.
-Players choose tactics.
-Rearrange round order tokens from lowest tactic to highest.
-Players take turns in round order shown until end of round.
-After round end, check victory conditions of scenario

quote:

A PLAYER'S TURN (Rulebook pg.5)
-Your co-op/competitive skill effects expire, regardless of your turn order token facing.
-If your token is not face down, you get a turn. Otherwise you can do nothing at all.
-`During another player's turn` and `Before your turn` effects can be played and resolved.
-If your deck is empty at the start of your turn, you can (must if your hand is also empty) declare end of round. Flip round turn order token over and everyone else gets one last turn before round ends.
-Decide if you will take a Regular Turn, or Rest. You may play special (+) and healing (hand icon) effects before deciding (or also anytime between turn start and announcing its end.) Remember you only get to use a mana die if you take a regular turn, however!
code:
  REST TURN:
   >Discard 1 non-wound & discard (not heal) any number of wounds from hand.
   >If your hand is all wounds: discard (not heal, i.e. not throw away) 1 wound from your hand.
         or
  REGULAR TURN: (Movement, then 1 Action)
   >You may use 1 mana die (if there are any non-exhausted dice) from source during your turn.
   >MOVEMENT (optional) is move on map & explore new tiles (Rulebook pg.6)
   >ACTION is (A) cards, or Interaction, or initiating Combat, or Pass.  
-Movement or Influence cards can be played at any time to pay for effects but you can only ´buy´ during an Influence action, and you can only move on map during the movement phase.
-Unspent influence or move points can be stored and used during the turn but expire as soon as action phase begins, and at the end of the turn.
-Your movement might result in compulsory action: entering fortified site (keep, tower, etc) or provoking rampaging enemies, then fighting.
-Announce end of turn & next player (if there is one) can begin their turn while you finish up.

NONE OF THE FOLLOWING IS TECHNICALLY PART OF YOUR TURN
-If you used anything from the source, reroll it and return to the source.
-Resolve a forced withdrawl now if needed (Rulebook pg.9)
-Put all spent cards into discard pile.
-Use any benefits of your space: Magical Glade & Crystal Mine (see site reference cards)
-Take rewards from combat, which may cause you to level up.
-Level up: will be new level/command token, or skill token + advanced action. Add the top skill token from Volkare's pile to the skill offer. If skill + advanced action, flip your top 2 skills and choose one, then put the other in the skill offer and choose an Advanced Action from the offer OR choose a skill from the skill offer, put both your flipped skills into the offer, and take the bottom Advanced Action from the offer. Shift advanced action cards down refill from deck.
-Discard any number of non-wound cards. Discard minimum 1 card if you played none.
-Draw to your hand limit plus any bonuses. If you are adjacent to both an owned keep and city, use only the higher bonus.
-If you already have in excess of your hand limit, don´t discard down. Just don't draw any new ones.

The Eyes Have It fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 2, 2015

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Board Game Geek has a lot of printable guides for mage knight. However, you really need to play with the guide/rulebooks for a couple of games to get the basic concepts, especially with regarding to combat.

Also, if it's not in either of those books it's probably on the site cards that should always be out anyway.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Hah, I for some reason never thought of looking on BGG :v:

I can never keep resistances and abilities and how they work for you vs enemies vs units and poo poo straight in my head. I am constantly referring to the back of the rule book(s). Something about it all is just tailor made to conflict in my head and never ever actually solidify into something that makes sense.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

I think explaining unit resistance is probably the only really difficult thing for new players to grasp. It's important to not use the word BLOCK since that is something different than using the shields to soak up damage.

I guess another thing that might hang new players up is that if you get hit by an elemental attack like a 4 cold fire you will just get hit for 4, unless it's brutal.

sonatinas fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jun 2, 2015

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I FEEL :goleft: THAT:

Combat is a mess of things that aren't consistent (e.g. same icon for cold resistance on units vs enemies but they work differently, or damage & everything combat is all or nothing except when resolving against armour and giving wounds then it's attrition till gone.) Also uses "intuitive" concepts like fire, ice, etc that do not work intuitively (fire doesn't 'melt' ice nor do they cancel each other out) and so on.

That's how it feels to me anyway. I remember it better the more I do it but it never gels into an internalized system that makes intuitive sense to me. I process the whole system like using a code book. It's exhausting.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

You don't have to think about it realistically. Even in old school video game rpgs you would have like fire work well against ice and vice versa. Think about it in the terms of "resistance" and "attack". For example. an enemy has fire attack 4, so ice block 4 is fully efficient. for each 1 pt of ice block you don't have you need to block 2 per 1 somehow, like do normal block 8 to fully block fire attach 4.

As for an enemy with fire resistance, then you can't use fire attack(well you can but it will take 2 per 1 pt) on it or any red cards that will do something to the enemy like lower shields or destroy enemy. Attacks will still work but just be like a normal,physical attack. Ice/Physical attack is efficient against fire resistance. So if the enemy has armor 4, fire resistance then you need 4 ice or 4 physical. This is just during regular attack and not during siege phase.

Usually, if an enemy has just one resistance of either fire or ice, then it's normally to combat spells and such of blue and red cards since you can still use your physical attack cards to kill them as normal. If they have physical resistance then you need to hit them 2x of the armor.

Hope this helps. I probably got something wrong since I can't proofread it right now.

sonatinas fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jun 2, 2015

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

sonatinas posted:

for each 1 pt of ice block you don't have you need to block 2 per 1 somehow, like do normal block 8 to fully block fire attach 4.

I don't think you could have butchered this sentence any harder if you tried.

Small World Designer Edition is coming out June 9th, $450 and gorgeous as hell

http://cdn1.daysofwonder.com/smallworld/designer-edition/inside.html

3 oversized boards
All the Races from Small World, Cursed, Grand Dames, Be Not Afraid and Royal Bonus (heat-printed wood Tokens stored in 28 individual boxes)
65 sculpted figures (Troll Lairs, Fortresses, Heroes, Dragon, Pots of Gold, Fireballs...)
27 race and 35 power wood banners
Piles and piles of Metal Coins
6 purses
1 Small World Pocket Encyclopedia
6 helpers
1 game guide
1 metal Turn Marker
1 reinforcement die

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 2, 2015

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Fat Turkey already bought the game so that die is cast but the past several posts probably scared off like a shitload of other people :v:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Bottom Liner posted:

Small World Designer Edition is coming out June 9th, $450 and gorgeous as hell

http://cdn1.daysofwonder.com/smallworld/designer-edition/inside.html

3 oversized boards
All the Races from Small World, Cursed, Grand Dames, Be Not Afraid and Royal Bonus (heat-printed wood Tokens stored in 28 individual boxes)
65 sculpted figures (Troll Lairs, Fortresses, Heroes, Dragon, Pots of Gold, Fireballs...)
27 race and 35 power wood banners
Piles and piles of Metal Coins
6 purses
1 Small World Pocket Encyclopedia
6 helpers
1 game guide
1 metal Turn Marker
1 reinforcement die

I don't think Small World is horrible or anything, but it's really incredibly simple. Is it really popular enough to warrant that kind of treatment?

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Bottom Liner posted:

I don't think you could have butchered this sentence any harder if you tried.

It's a good thing I'm not a technical writer.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I think so, it must be for them to put that much effort and time into it. Going on just the number of expansions it's clearly a big hit. I think that price is pretty bonkers, but I have no doubt it will sell out.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Bottom Liner posted:

I think so, it must be for them to put that much effort and time into it. Going on just the number of expansions it's clearly a big hit. I think that price is pretty bonkers, but I have no doubt it will sell out.

Huh.

Do any of the small world expansions add to the basic gameplay? I mean, the basic game more or less has three main rules:

1) It costs 2 tokens to take a space plus one for each thing on it, plus/minus any modifiers.
2) You get a point/dollar for every space you hold at the end of your turn, plus/minus any modifiers.
3) You can go into decline on your turn if you want. This is your whole turn, and you can have only one race in decline at a time, unless you have a modifier that says otherwise.

You get a lot of minor variation in that, and I appreciate Decline as a way to refresh your troops, but the game is simple as hell. I don't find it all that strategic or tactical. The hardest decision I make is where to put my extra dudes during reinforcement.

It's a good enough game for what it is. I'm not hating on it or anything, but I'd really love if there was an expansion that made the game a bit more complex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I saw the Ticket to Rider special edition or whatever at a huge discount at Cool Stuff, and that was what, 100+ dollars MSRP at release? How the hell is that thing going to sell? Really strange.