Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Just updated for the first time in a while on a Galaxy S3 and what the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Awesome Welles posted:

Just updated for the first time in a while on a Galaxy S3 and what the hell.

Do you have a custom rom installed? When I tested on my GFs htc one x with a cyanogenmod derivative it did the same thing. The app uses a function that calculates the supposed actual screen size in inch. For some reason her 4.7" phone reported as 6.8". Go to the settings, Device and navigation and change the layout to phone.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Nah, no custom rom, I'll mess with the settings again.

E:changing layout had no effect. :(

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Awesome Welles posted:

Nah, no custom rom, I'll mess with the settings again.

E:changing layout had no effect. :(

Close and restart the app

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Sereri posted:

:siren: :frogsiren: :siren:

3.2.0.3 is going out

It should fix the bug where people couldn't scroll and clicking on forum actually tapped on the bookmarks view below.
This seems to be a bug with the page transformation library that probably came on board when I updated the libraries close to launch. Until I can find a version that works, I have disabled it on devices with 4.0 and 4.1.

If you can't wait, you can install this Awful.apk manually.

The update also adds secondary thread tags for A/T and SA-Mart . Thanks baka-kaba :)
Thanks for the update.

Noticed a couple of things:
Font selection still only applies to forum view and not thread view.
Multi-line thread title check box doesn't do anything.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Sereri posted:

3.2.0.3 is going out

It should fix the bug where people couldn't scroll and clicking on forum actually tapped on the bookmarks view below.
This seems to be a bug with the page transformation library that probably came on board when I updated the libraries close to launch. Until I can find a version that works, I have disabled it on devices with 4.0 and 4.1.

If you can't wait, you can install this Awful.apk manually.

The update also adds secondary thread tags for A/T and SA-Mart . Thanks baka-kaba :)

Seems to have fixed my "only scroll on the right side of the screen" thing so thank you!

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

baka kaba posted:

Could you get me a screenshot of when you first open the settings menu? With this one link at the top and blank space you can tap to get to the FAB setting

And are you having the issue in the main app other people are talking about, where you tap on things like a forum name and it's like you tapped on an item from a thread list instead?

Clicking the bottom there will get me to options sometimes

I haven't noticed the other issue. Latest patch fixed not being able to scroll bookmarks after pressing back from a thread.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Ohhhh ok, I thought you meant the actual settings section was broken, what you get to when you click on that button you can't see

You're in landscape there, right? You should at least be able to get to the lower options if you go into portrait for a moment - but you're right, it doesn't scroll like the one in the Play Store. That might be (easily) fixable now that Google released a new support library that has a nav drawer rolled in, I'll have a look

Sereri posted:

More like thanks for fixing the icons. They were looking pretty wild

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Loving the updates, including the tag inserts using my clipboard, and the yospos theme selector. However, I found a bug with the latter. The shading on my posts or quotes from my posts in the amberPOS theme are still green instead of amber.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Segmentation Fault posted:

Loving the updates, including the tag inserts using my clipboard, and the yospos theme selector. However, I found a bug with the latter. The shading on my posts or quotes from my posts in the amberPOS theme are still green instead of amber.

Your posts are highlighted in a green shade in every theme. (Yellow) OP highlighting works the same way backwards with the standard YOSPOS theme.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I'm over the thread tag change now. It's a p good change.

Still not sure about the SA blue title bar since it's different from the bottom bar. I wouldn't want a blue Awful navbar on top of black android navbar though, so I guess this is a decent compromise.

Everything has been working super smooth worth no issues since the last big update.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

:siren: Awful 3.2.0.4 :siren:

Now with scrollable sidebar, also some CSS changes in the thread view.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

mango sentinel posted:

Still not sure about the SA blue title bar since it's different from the bottom bar. I wouldn't want a blue Awful navbar on top of black android navbar though, so I guess this is a decent compromise.
Yeah, it's a minor thing but it doesn't quite feel right. The current UX makes it feel as though the page controls are part of the navigation bar rather than part of the app. The background should match the app, not the nav bar.

The Material Design guidelines doesn't contain any details on how the bottom bar should be coloured. Seems like grey is an option, or just the same blue as at the top. I think it'd look fine in blue above the black nav bar because those two things operate at different levels and should be clearly distinct from each other.

Perhaps we could put the FAB hanging off that bar, so that it isn't quite so invasive, like they do in some of the examples here:
http://www.google.com/design/spec/layout/structure.html

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I tried it for a while, the darker blue (like in the status bar) looked the best but it was still... I don't know, maybe the icons felt slightly too large, in a way that's not as obvious when the bar's black and everything above feels separate - which I think was the idea anyway

I was looking into making the themes more dynamic, if only so things like yospos don't look so weird with the big blue banner, but there's a lot going on in there

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Is there a way to make the bottom bar SA blue in immersive mode but black otherwise?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Has anybody been having trouble reading their PMs in Awful? Mine hardly ever load and when they do the message seems to display at weird places, like above the Sender and Subject display boxes.

E: bummer. Fast scroll worked in the thread index on 3.2 but doesn't seem to in 3.2.0.4

site fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 1, 2015

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

site posted:

Has anybody been having trouble reading their PMs in Awful? Mine hardly ever load and when they do the message seems to display at weird places, like above the Sender and Subject display boxes.

E: bummer. Fast scroll worked in the thread index on 3.2 but doesn't seem to in 3.2.0.4

Can you post a screenshot of that next time it happens to you? Never seen that before and looking at the layout I can't think of a way for it to happen.

As for fast scrolling on the index, what exactly are you talking about?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Sereri posted:

Can you post a screenshot of that next time it happens to you? Never seen that before and looking at the layout I can't think of a way for it to happen.

As for fast scrolling on the index, what exactly are you talking about?

There should be more text before the link as well, but didn't load. This is happening for some, but not all, of my PMs. Some PMs aren't loading at all.

As for the fast scroll: don't worry about it. i thought you might've got it working intentionally but i guess not, so no big deal.

Stellar Curiosity
Jan 15, 2009

Youtube videos still won't show video, only sound. Is this a known issue?
Galaxy S3 w/ Android 4.4.4

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Sereri posted:

Your posts are highlighted in a green shade in every theme. (Yellow) OP highlighting works the same way backwards with the standard YOSPOS theme.

No it doesn't.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

i think he meant when your're quoted

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

spankmeister posted:

i think he meant when your're quoted

He said that posts from the OP are always highlighted in yellow regardless of theme.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
So it's been a few months now where anytime I try to load a thread with even as little as one .gif causes the app to crash. I've tried everything from uninstalling to clearing data and all that but nothing helps. I keep gifs disabled but it doesn't help. I'm on a Note 4 running 5.0.1, is there anything I can do or do I have to abandon the app?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Did something change with the font in the new update?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It crashes every time I try to post with an image attachment

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Pretty sure spoilers don't work with the newest update linked here.

Soviet Canuckistan
Oct 24, 2010

Skeezy posted:

Pretty sure spoilers don't work with the newest update linked here.

Confirming. It's not exactly that they don't work - there's still a black bar over spoiler content that gets dismissed by tapping it - but rather the black bar is not fully opaque so you can still see the spoiler text through it. Nexus 5 on 4.4.4 for what it's worth.

Prize Loser
Nov 28, 2005

It's casual Friday! Pants are optional!

Soviet Canuckistan posted:

Confirming. It's not exactly that they don't work - there's still a black bar over spoiler content that gets dismissed by tapping it - but rather the black bar is not fully opaque so you can still see the spoiler text through it. Nexus 5 on 4.4.4 for what it's worth.

Testing for myself, will post screenshot.

I guess it's theme-specific, which makes sense. What theme are you using?

Prize Loser fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 2, 2015

Lady Xava
Dec 1, 2006
Since the most recent update I'm getting random black boxes covering posts. Didn't notice this before. I'm on a Samsung tab 2 (I think) running 4.2.2. Loving the updates besides this. Unfortunately I don't have access to my phone to see if the boxes are also appearing there.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

I'm getting that as well. The app also crashed when I tried to post this as an attachment too.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 2, 2015

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Same here, default theme on a Nexus 4 running 5.0.1. Also got a crash when I tried to attach a screenshot.

Soviet Canuckistan
Oct 24, 2010

Prize Loser posted:

Testing for myself, will post screenshot.

I guess it's theme-specific, which makes sense. What theme are you using?

Default theme: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/fkvukgo3u4ssr08/AACHOywE7S7JYmwcLICgNEUPa

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Wow, what an idiot mistake to make. :downs:

Update with spoiler fix is going out, or APK here

I'll also look into the attachments once again.

Lady Xava posted:

Since the most recent update I'm getting random black boxes covering posts. Didn't notice this before. I'm on a Samsung tab 2 (I think) running 4.2.2. Loving the updates besides this. Unfortunately I don't have access to my phone to see if the boxes are also appearing there.

Check the second post.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sereri posted:

Check the second post.

i sent a bunch of crash reports regarding the attachments

Lady Xava
Dec 1, 2006

Sereri posted:

Check the second post.

Thanks Sereri!

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Sereri posted:

Was interested in the issue, so I updated my fork and pulled down and debugged the newest branch. About 99% sure it's to due with the 4.4.1 version of httpcomponents. Downgrade those to 4.3.1 and it should work again. But I did find another bug with uploading images that way. I tried testing uploads with random images on my phone, and while it would "upload", it would not actually create the post. I ran the app through fiddler and it turns out that app thought the post was created, but I was actually on an error page. You can't upload image attachments above 1280x1024, so I was getting a failure page upon submitting my post. But the app hides the null exceptions when it tries to parse the error page, so no crash, but it still failed. So you probably wanna add a check for the size restrictions.

Also while I was poking around, I saw this string and had to get it on screen.

It's cute, except the post loading screen behind the message will never go away until the user actively dismisses it. Otherwise it will stay up forever. gently caress :v:.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Poetry.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Geekner :allears:

And I'm so not updating libraries anymore. Thanks for the work. I'll merge it in asap.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Quick no-explosions test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Another bug: using the Read Posts by this User feature shows a lot of posts by that user plus a whole bunch of random posts by other users.