Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Yeah. I decided to hit up Novigrad early when I was still level 6 or so to pick up recipes, saddlebags, gwent cards, etc. Saw Georgious Georg and BrickClaytop , thought I'd try to fight.

Dude had a skull icon. Still managed to take off 1/3 of his health before he 2 shotted me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Streaming with a bunch of mods on yet again. This is a very fun game to stream!

http://www.twitch.tv/dork_rex

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Spikeguy posted:

What I love about this game is I can hit it up for about 3 hours a night and even then can get through like 3 good quests and find new ones along the way. Just beat the champion of champions. And a bear . With my fists.

I am constantly astounded by just how much content there is in this game, and I've only been to three of the locales so far! Like god drat I was starting to think that bloody baron main quest chain was never gonna stop splintering off into other sidequests holy poo poo.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I wasn't aware there were any good mods for this game yet. Mostly just graphical tweaks and such.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

Levantine posted:

Someone early in the thread suggested pulling the trigger more slowly and that fixed it for me. I haven't done the .ini fix but I can do it as long as I take my time pressing the right trigger. If you mash it down and hold it, you get normal Axii like 99% of the time.
That's really helping, I'm able to cast it reliably now. Thanks again.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Where can I get Potions of Re-Spec Your Geralt, whatever they're called? I am tired of fightmans and would like to try signmans at this thread's recent advice.

edit: Also chiming in that the Bloody Baron's final main quest made me :smith: super duper hard

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

CJacobs posted:

Where can I get Potions of Re-Spec Your Geralt, whatever they're called? I am tired of fightmans and would like to try signmans at this thread's recent advice.

edit: Also chiming in that the Bloody Baron's final main quest made me :smith: super duper hard

Keira Metz sells them, I know. I also know that a shopkeeper in Novigrad also stocks them, although for the life of me I unfortunately can't remember who, I just remember pulling up their stock and seeing one in there.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Crappy Jack posted:

Keira Metz sells them, I know. I also know that a shopkeeper in Novigrad also stocks them, although for the life of me I unfortunately can't remember who, I just remember pulling up their stock and seeing one in there.

I think it's the shopkeeper near the northern notice board. He mentions something about selling mages' stuff.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Crappy Jack posted:

It's a generic shopkeeper (i.e. small bag icon) in the northernmost part of the city, I think adjacent to that fancy plaza that has the bards performing on it. He also sells some items that start a fun sidequest.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

CVagts posted:

I wasn't aware there were any good mods for this game yet. Mostly just graphical tweaks and such.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Magni posted:

So, I was just sailing around Skellige discovering POIs when...

:eyepop:

Wow, that's cool. Is it part of a quest?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Ah, I was wondering what that feeling was. Begun, the nude mods have.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

CJacobs posted:

I am about halfway through signmans, it is fun but I want to try potionmans now because going further than two rows into signs doesn't look like it brings a lot to the party.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

At least it seems to be equal opportunity.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
if you destroy the logic circuit you can wear both the underwear and the non-underwear

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hell yes.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So I'm stuck with the quest "Redania's Most Wanted." I got the crystal and it tells me to talk to either Triss or Radovid. The problem was that I was already progressed in the Triss masquerade story so I can't ever talk to her about the crystal and now when I return to her place, there are guards there and it automatically fails the Triss side. I heard you can also take it to Yennifer, but she's in Skellige, and I haven't even been there yet. So it lists the only option as taking it to Radovid. What happens if I just take it to him? If I go do some Skellige plot, will I be able to eventually take it to Yen? What is the fallout either way?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

pick something and do it based on what you think the consequences might be

ps no reason not to go to skellige ASAP, it has lots of side quests and stuff for you to do, so if you're the sort of guy who puts off the story to do side quests, you may as well head there

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Verranicus posted:

I don't think so, I've explored everything, done all the quests except some races and witcher quests i'm saving for when some DLC comes out and i never saw a ghost ship. Still might have missed it tho! It's a large game.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

I think I might actually install a nude mod for this game, just so the game is consistent. Some of the prostitute sex scenes have them in underwear, but Keira's right nipple is always in view with her normal outfit.

Also naked Geralt riding a wild white horse through the land sounds majestic.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Goddamn it, I feel bad whenever I have to fight a troll because they are the funniest things in the game.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Perestroika posted:

It's a generic shopkeeper (i.e. small bag icon) in the northernmost part of the city, I think adjacent to that fancy plaza that has the bards performing on it. He also sells some items that start a fun sidequest.

Yeah specifically he's right by the barber in the north-central square. He's also the guy that will start you on a truly magical tyromantic journey.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Magni posted:

So, I was just sailing around Skellige discovering POIs when...

:eyepop:

Haha, I was wondering when easter eggs would turn up. This game is so large I'm sure that there are loads of secreats and funny side-quests around, but people have barely finished it as is.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Comrade Flynn posted:

Goddamn it, I feel bad whenever I have to fight a troll because they are the funniest things in the game.

They also kill lots of people, one gives you an elf head as a reward. And their faces are covered in blood.

It's this weird moral decision because they're extremely dangerous without realizing they are.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Depends on the troll. Some only eat corpses.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

RatHat posted:

Depends on the troll. Some only eat corpses.

All of them eat corpses though. Can't make stew and keep people alive.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Man I really want a Witcher spin-off where it's just (very late game spoilers) Geralt's and Avallach's portal hopping to different worlds.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I have no clue as to what mods I should use. Any suggestions?

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Verranicus posted:

Not as far as I can tell. It just suddenly popped up out of the water, did a slow arc through the sky and then dove back in and vanished again.

Also, I think I found the highest-level monster so far: Small island directly north of Ard Skellige (the big "main" island) has an Archgriffin that's level ?? to me at level 26. :stonk:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

But elf and onion soup is so tasty, especially with fresh elf.

Pity Geralt hates onions.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Can you actually do anything with the farting trolls? They auto-aggroed on me and I just took em down. :(

Magni fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jun 2, 2015

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Nasgate posted:

They also kill lots of people, one gives you an elf head as a reward. And their faces are covered in blood.

It's this weird moral decision because they're extremely dangerous without realizing they are.

Yeah but elves are terrible. Keep on keepin' on, trollbro.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

So I'm stuck with the quest "Redania's Most Wanted." I got the crystal and it tells me to talk to either Triss or Radovid. The problem was that I was already progressed in the Triss masquerade story so I can't ever talk to her about the crystal and now when I return to her place, there are guards there and it automatically fails the Triss side. I heard you can also take it to Yennifer, but she's in Skellige, and I haven't even been there yet. So it lists the only option as taking it to Radovid. What happens if I just take it to him? If I go do some Skellige plot, will I be able to eventually take it to Yen? What is the fallout either way?

Yes, if you progress far enough with the Skellige questline you can have a chat with Yennifer and ask her about the crystal. It took me quite a while to get to the point where she would talk to me about non-quest stuff though, so you're in fir a long haul (or I just missed an opportunity

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Maybe it's just anecdotal, but updating to the latest nvidia Game Ready driver for Heroes of the Storm brought back driver reset related crashes back for me - big time.

I just update because someone mentioned a slight fps increase with the new driver.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Is there any explanation what happened to the towns of Frischlow or Condyle/the area around it? Frischlow is full of piles of burning corpses and all the doors are locked, and Condyle and the area is infested with cannibals.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

mcbexx posted:

Maybe it's just anecdotal, but updating to the latest nvidia Game Ready driver for Heroes of the Storm brought back driver reset related crashes back for me - big time.

I just update because someone mentioned a slight fps increase with the new driver.

The FPS increase was for Kepler (700 series) GPU's.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
So hey, don't go into the sunken ship next to the one in the Queen Zuleyka quest. Even though you can easily jump into the hold, the ramp leading back up to the deck is blocked off by debris and is partly submerged, which disables hurdling or jumping over it because being knee deep in water counts as swimming. Hope you didn't save down there like me! :downs:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

moot the hopple posted:

So hey, don't go into the sunken ship next to the one in the Queen Zuleyka quest. Even though you can easily jump into the hold, the ramp leading back up to the deck is blocked off by debris and is partly submerged, which disables hurdling or jumping over it because being knee deep in water counts as swimming. Hope you didn't save down there like me! :downs:

You can jump out, at least if its the same ship that I got stuck in. Feel free not to break yourself trying but I was able to get out by going to the side of the ramp closer to ship wall, and jumping around there.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

moot the hopple posted:

The ship claims another victim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

That's why you keep at least 50 separate save files like all self-respecting RPG players. :v: