Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Nekomimi-Maiden posted:

I suggested it mostly based on meaning, and Booty liked it; a gigantic traffic jam [or a Gridlock] would naturally inspire Road Rage, after all.

Kurieg posted:

Your name is Gridlocked. A Gridlock on the highway would lead to road rage.

Also I haven't watched the video yet since I've got a meeting soon but I hope to god I don't die.

Oh haha. I thought it was something to do with me blowing up a car in a mission :v: I thought they were all mission related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Glad I found this LP. Great job Booty!

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I know my nickname is an Anime Reference but this is what I think of every time I see it.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

megane posted:

I know my nickname is an Anime Reference but this is what I think of every time I see it.

I'm sorry, but that means you're doing it wrong. :P

Let's see if it holds true, at least.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Gridlocked posted:

Oh haha. I thought it was something to do with me blowing up a car in a mission :v: I thought they were all mission related.

You also have a terrible case of backseat skyranger driving whenever you go on a mission, but we don't like to talk about that.

ProfessorBooty posted:

Saffron: Don't confuse the shatterray with the scatter laser ;) . The shatterray is the laser equivalent of the SMG - its an understandable mistake. (edit) We're not researching precision lasers (not for a long while at least), so you won't get a new shotgun until we get to Gauss.

Argh, but Shatterray sounds so drat cool for a laser shotgun name, even if I already knew it wasn't one! :(

xelada
Dec 21, 2012
I may as well officially volunteer as a rookie. If possible make me as villainous looking as you can. Also I'd prefer either a shooty role all about actually killing aliens or an offensive/aggressive supporting role (things like applying holo-targeting or destroying cover as opposed to suppression or smoke).

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Nice mission. I think I undervalue Battle Scanners because I'm a baby who plays on low difficulties and can take a shot or two.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

I like how XCOM2 has retroactively made all my LW runs canon.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
Been a silent watcher for a while now, figure I'd throw my hat in as a volunteer. No specific class for me, but if I had to pick one I'd say Infantry or Scout. Give me a headset, bitches love headsets.

After watching Beagle do his ironman stuff with long war, I'd like to say you're just the slightest bit more cautious (and tactical) than he appears, but that's just my opinion. You're making me want to install Long War just to see how it feels as I found myself breaking vanilla with roulette and getting multiple low cover-mimetic skin assaults. My greatest achievement ever was getting bulletstorm, low cover, and rapid fire on an assault, also wound up being psychic. She was incredible.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

FraudulentEconomics posted:

After watching Beagle do his ironman stuff with long war, I'd like to say you're just the slightest bit more cautious (and tactical) than he appears, but that's just my opinion. You're making me want to install Long War just to see how it feels as I found myself breaking vanilla with roulette and getting multiple low cover-mimetic skin assaults. My greatest achievement ever was getting bulletstorm, low cover, and rapid fire on an assault, also wound up being psychic. She was incredible.

(low profile doesn't work with Long War's mimetic-skin equivalent)
I'm assuming you want to be male? :j: You guys gotta tell me this stuff!

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

ProfessorBooty posted:

(low profile doesn't work with Long War's mimetic-skin equivalent)
I'm assuming you want to be male? :j: You guys gotta tell me this stuff!

Dude preferred :shobon:

I think half of the fun of Long War will be breaking old habits and learning the new hotness.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I really don't care either way. Killing Xeno Scum doesn't have a gender requirement!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I'm watching, I just haven't really felt like I had anything to say.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

Lotish posted:

That's cool - I'm taking note :)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:yayclod: i fixed my airplane!!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Captain Foo posted:

:yayclod: i fixed my airplane!!

Just in time to get it broken again.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I'll throw my name into the hat too. I don't care about gender/type, just make whatever I get flamboyant.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Y'know, at first I was kind of sad that my X-Com self didn't take Sapper. I'm a direct attack kinda guy and my strategy for Grenadiers pretty much amount to all explosions all the time. I also figured that a support Grenadier had a limited shelf life, but this last mission really sold me on them.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

Superstring posted:

Y'know, at first I was kind of sad that my X-Com self didn't take Sapper. I'm a direct attack kinda guy and my strategy for Grenadiers pretty much amount to all explosions all the time. I also figured that a support Grenadier had a limited shelf life, but this last mission really sold me on them.

Yeah, its kind of the opposite. Support grenadiers only get better as time goes on.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Yami Fenrir posted:

Just in time to get it broken again.

maybe I'll shoot something down one of these days :)

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
I'm still here (been busy, have to catch up on the last two updates still) but I think I'll be waiting a while since I asked to be a psychic (if possible) on page 7 and you're still a way off of there. Both in terms of tech I think and also people in queue before me.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

HiKaizer posted:

I'm still here (been busy, have to catch up on the last two updates still) but I think I'll be waiting a while since I asked to be a psychic (if possible) on page 7 and you're still a way off of there. Both in terms of tech I think and also people in queue before me.

I think part of the problem with wanting to be Psychic is that you either will or won't be and I imagine you have a pretty crap chance of being psychic as a rookie due to the way it works, and probably because Booty would rather stick people he's using already in the tubes.

But then again, we haven't really gotten to psy stuff in long war yet so maybe the way it's determined is different!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

SaffronKit posted:

But then again, we haven't really gotten to psy stuff in long war yet so maybe the way it's determined is different!

Psionics have been overhauled. Soldiers earn Psionics XP once you've unlocked human psionics. You don't have to go into the tubes until you've earned a psionics rank. Only people who can't are Mechs, People with the Neural Damping Gene Mod, or Officers(because officer abilities use the same mechanics slots as psionics)

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

Kurieg posted:

Psionics have been overhauled. Soldiers earn Psionics XP once you've unlocked human psionics. You don't have to go into the tubes until you've earned a psionics rank. Only people who can't are Mechs, People with the Neural Damping Gene Mod, or Officers(because officer abilities use the same mechanics slots as psionics)

*hovers rocket reticle over Kurieg*

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Hmm, that's interesting thing. So you can either be an officer or a psychic. Seems like the training limits your mind.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

ProfessorBooty posted:

*hovers rocket reticle over Kurieg*

We both know it'd miss
:colbert:

want me to spoiler that then

Corvinus
Aug 21, 2006

Superstring posted:

Support engies are great, especially once they are psionic. A few Sapper engineers early works well too, cause explosive grenade damage caps rather quickly, but then can be turned into one of the best MECs.

Professor Malice
Nov 16, 2011
I'd like to join up with my only requests being that my gear should be orange and my guy should have a sweet beard.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

Kurieg posted:

We both know it'd miss
:colbert:

want me to spoiler that then

Naw we're cool, I'm just screwing with you.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

SaffronKit posted:

I think part of the problem with wanting to be Psychic is that you either will or won't be and I imagine you have a pretty crap chance of being psychic as a rookie due to the way it works, and probably because Booty would rather stick people he's using already in the tubes.

Ah. The impression I got was you could start it earlier and I remember in vanilla, because of the officer school unlocks it was easier to make later recruits psychics because of the will bonus on promotion unlocks; so I thought it might be easier for me to be a psychic later on.

Honestly I'm not really too attached to any one role, it'd just be neat if possible.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

HiKaizer posted:

Ah. The impression I got was you could start it earlier and I remember in vanilla, because of the officer school unlocks it was easier to make later recruits psychics because of the will bonus on promotion unlocks; so I thought it might be easier for me to be a psychic later on.

Honestly I'm not really too attached to any one role, it'd just be neat if possible.

I'll sign you up as a rookie - almost every class has a subclass that makes a decent psychic, and I'll go for what that subclass is. In general the classes are starting to fill out so I don't have to worry as much about the numbers. The only classes I'm lacking right now are snipers and support engineers. If I want a soldier to be a psychic, that soldier will eventually be one.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

ProfessorBooty posted:

I'll sign you up as a rookie - almost every class has a subclass that makes a decent psychic, and I'll go for what that subclass is. In general the classes are starting to fill out so I don't have to worry as much about the numbers. The only classes I'm lacking right now are snipers and support engineers. If I want a soldier to be a psychic, that soldier will eventually be one.

Sounds great! If you want any more details, make me have an Aussie voice and make my rookie a guy. Maybe I can be one of the people you rescued from Melbourne or something.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the new Mec and Psi stuff in Long War, even if you're still a ways off with research. The LP is really good so I hope you keep going with it.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Lotish posted:

I'm pretty much in the same boat. (I was wondering whether I should ask when I'd get my chance, since several people after me were called up already, but I didn't want to be annoying about it)

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014
Been reading, if you're looking fer rookies again / current watchers, I'm down. Not picky on what class I am. I'd be fine being the guy who's not grabbing the clutch kills, but is getting the suppression / flush / scout whatever that keeps the team flowing. A pilot could even work.

Being psychic would be awesome, but I'm not expecting it remotely.

Also, that breach of the observatory was glorious to behold.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

sheep-dodger posted:

I'm pretty much in the same boat. (I was wondering whether I should ask when I'd get my chance, since several people after me were called up already, but I didn't want to be annoying about it)

I understand - I think what I might start doing is what I did with Classtoise - take you on as a rookie, if you get a class you want, great, if not, oh well (if I need that particular class), or random. Its taking longer than I remember to get council requests that reward corporals.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

ProfessorBooty posted:

I understand - I think what I might start doing is what I did with Classtoise - take you on as a rookie, if you get a class you want, great, if not, oh well (if I need that particular class), or random. Its taking longer than I remember to get council requests that reward corporals.

I wouldn't mind that. My request might have been a tad too specific :)

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Lotish posted:

Same here. Just quietly waiting in the wings until my soldier gets called up.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
The mortality rate seems refreshingly low, for humans anyway?

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

I know I'm still watching, hearing about the MEC's actually being possible this playthrough was nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!
Yeah, Booty, I'm still watching too. Just staying quiet until MEC'ing becomes possible.
I want to be a punchybot. :awesomelon::hf::getin:

• Locked thread