Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
They should disband the World Cup, over hyped poo poo football anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Elotana posted:

poo poo you could probably find eight cities each with two 40k+ stadiums and not even leave the West Coast. Give each group a city and a complimentary dime bag imo

You could easily do it in the northeast oh good why am I taking about this.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
You could find 16 places in the UK that have 40k+ stadiums that have the upside of not being full of Americans.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

serious gaylord posted:

You could find 16 places in the UK that have 40k+ stadiums that have the upside of not being full of Americans.

40k is not big and The UK is a poverty country with bad food

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think America should be awarded the 2022 World Cup as reward for saving Fifa from all this corruption. And at every halftime, God Bless America is sung :911:

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

serious gaylord posted:

And they'd still all be closer.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

quote:

Reaction to the week’s events includes this from the president of the French Football Federation, Noël Le Graët, who voted for Blatter at the presidential election, but has “no regrets”. “I don’t regret [voting for Blatter], I’ve always assumed my responsibilities. I think Blatter led Fifa without cheating and I still think that. There’s a lot of mud-slinging.”

He also told RMC: “There were two candidates: Prince Ali and Sepp Blatter, I preferred Blatter. I didn’t think Prince Ali had enough experience. At the time I voted, Fifa was not corrupt up to the top. There were certainly lapses at global level, but to imagine that Fifa, from its headquarters, could arrange cheating, I didn’t believe that last week.” Will he resign? “I don’t see why I should.”
:stare:

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

African AIDS cum posted:

40k is not big and The UK is a poverty country with bad food

I agree op, all the facts check out.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Elotana posted:

poo poo you could probably find eight cities each with two 40k+ stadiums and not even leave the West Coast. Give each group a city and a complimentary dime bag imo

LA Coliseum
Rose Bowl
Stanford Stadium
Cal Memorial
Dodgers Stadium
Angel Stadium
PetCo Stadium
Levi Stadium
AT&T Park
O.co Coliseum
Bulldog Stadium (Fresno St)

Without leaving the state of California.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
But that would still mean its held in america, which has proven multiple times it can't host world sporting events.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
British stadiums are hideous shanties, they slap a huge stand on to some 300 year old barn and call it good. Its shocking. 3rd world.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

serious gaylord posted:

But that would still mean its held in america, which has proven multiple times it can't host world sporting events.

But we host the superbowl every year!

African AIDS cum posted:

British stadiums are hideous shanties, they slap a huge stand on to some 300 year old barn and call it good. Its shocking. 3rd world.

In America we do this as well, but to cold-war era concrete slabs.

Seriously, I would not wish anyone but the Raiders to play in the O.co Col.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 3, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

serious gaylord posted:

4 of them are in London and 3 are in Glasgow. Almost 1/2 of the UKs decent stadiums are in two cities.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Hegay posted:

gently caress you

Suck my balls through my drawers

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

davecrazy posted:

4 of them are in London and 3 are in Glasgow. Almost 1/2 of the UKs decent stadiums are in two cities.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about petal. Wind your neck in before you embarrass yourself any more than you already have.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Can someone post the matrices on which bumfuck prairie colleges would be most pranked the most by having to host a world cup game? Seriously wondering about this

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Would they be able to use the Millennium Stadium?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

PerpetualSelf posted:

Suck my balls through my drawers

Whoa whoa no use for these sick burns!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

serious gaylord posted:

You don't have a clue what you're talking about petal. Wind your neck in before you embarrass yourself any more than you already have.

serious gaylord posted:

You could find 16 places in the UK that have 40k+ stadiums

There are 17 buildings in the UK with a capacity of 40k+. One of them (Twickenham) is a rugby field.

4 of them are in London (Wembly, Olympic, Emirates, Twickenham).

3 of them are in Glasgow (Hampden, Ibrox, Celtic)

41% facilities in the UK that can hold 40k+ people are in two cities.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

loving all of these advanced stats, please post more

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

serious gaylord posted:

Shut up.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Iberian World Cup, Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon, Porto and Bilbao.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

davecrazy posted:

There are 17 buildings in the UK with a capacity of 40k+. One of them (Twickenham) is a rugby field.

What's their water capacity

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Hegay posted:

Iberian World Cup, Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon, Porto and Bilbao.

hmmmm
e. except Spain's broke so why would they want to go further in the hole?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Sangria and racism, insanely my poo poo

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Mr. Mambold posted:

hmmmm
e. except Spain's broke so why would they want to go further in the hole?

l don't think the World Cups are that expensive to host when you don't have to build a million new stadiums. Obviously FIFA construction firms will miss the kick backs

e; Germany even managed to make a profit during theirs

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Antares posted:

Can someone post the matrices on which bumfuck prairie colleges would be most pranked the most by having to host a world cup game? Seriously wondering about this

none of the big stadiums are in the bumfuck prairies. they're mostly in the south.

if you're being expansive with your definition of prairie, there's five above 40k:

Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City -- which hosted WC match in 1994 iirc)
Kansas Memorial Stadium
Bill Snyder Family Stadium (Kansas State)
Gaylord Stadium (Oklahoma)
Boone Pickens Stadium (Oklahoma State)
Memorial Stadium (Nebraska)

You could also include Iowa and Iowa State's stadiums.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jun 3, 2015

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

davecrazy posted:

You still don't get it and now you've embarrassed yourself.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

El Hefe posted:

What's their water capacity

Hillsborough doesn't meet the 40k+ criteria, but it looks like it has impressive water capacity!

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

davecrazy posted:

Hillsborough doesn't meet the 40k+ criteria, but it looks like it has impressive water capacity!

Shame it can't hold more people, that's a crushing blow

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

none of the big stadiums are in the bumfuck prairies. they're mostly in the south.

if you're being expansive with your definition of prairie, there's five above 40k:

Kansas Memorial Stadium

These are all flyover shitholes and one of them is literally gaylord stadium

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Kansas Memorial Stadium

I want the whole world cup, every game, in the Gaylord stadium.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Hot summer nights at the Gaylord

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Gigi Galli posted:

Hell, that's a shoo-in for this forum. It's the Gaylord Family stadium :colbert:

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Hegay posted:

Shame it can't hold more people, that's a crushing blow

boom headshot

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Kansas Memorial Stadium

lol no one cares

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've heard crowds can get pretty rowdy at the Gayl'd.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

I agree.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

lol no one cares

and?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Kansas Memorial Stadium

Robbie Rodgers putting in a strong performance at the Gaylord Stadium in Oklahoma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Hegay posted:

Robbie Rodgers putting in a strong performance at the Gaylord Stadium in Oklahoma

its not a corporate name, so it could keep that name for the WC, yes?