Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Hegay posted:

Robbie Rodgers putting in a strong performance at the Gaylord Stadium in Oklahoma

Force Russia to play all their prelims there

e. round-robins, w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Mr. Mambold posted:

e. round-robins, w/e

lol

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Mr. Mambold posted:

e. round-robins, w/e

I like this

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
We could always host the World Cup again here in Germany.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Torrannor posted:

We could always host the World Cup again here in Germany.

You already get enough help winning the fucker

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

As an American with a baseball avatar, I think the world should just divide into conferences and divisions, play 500 games a year and then go to playoffs and a true World Series of Soccerball. This is the correct, baseball way. Play ball!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Drogadon posted:

As an American with a baseball avatar, I think the world should just divide into conferences and divisions, play 500 games a year and then go to playoffs and a true World Series of Soccerball. This is the correct, baseball way. Play ball!

Baseball is loving terrible.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
This is a lot of posts to confirm that the UK is a sub optimal host country for the WC and England alone simply doesn't have the facilities to do it unless more then a few buildings undergo major renovations to increase their capacity.

The best option for FIFA to move the 2022 WC to a 1st world nation that does not need to spend a dime to create or improve adequate playing facilities the USA is the obvious choice.

Also we saved football.

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp
As an American who sees things that are intuitively obvious to the most casual observer you should probably hire a guy to keep time so the ends of every single game arent ruined and host the games outside of sand people territory.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i would like to see serbia vs turkey in oakland

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

play 2022 here in Canada imo

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I'd like to see a timbers capo ask them to please be quiet and sit down and please not to be threatening genocide on your opponents this is a family sport.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
If only Blatter hadn't been so greedy we wouldn't be having this poo poo thread with discussions about baseball and poo poo stadiums that no one gives a poo poo about

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Oakland Coliseum is one of the worst stadiums in the nation. The locker rooms routinely back up with sewage.

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Oakland Coliseum is one of the worst stadiums in the nation. The locker rooms routinely back up with sewage.

thats just the raiders 2nd string

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
*in human being capo voice*
Hey Serbia, we don't give a cr*d!!!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

quote:

The 2022 World Cup could be hosted by the United States as an alternative to Qatar, according to England Football Association chairman Greg Dyke.

Dyke told ITV's Good Morning Britain: "The Swiss authorities are now looking at the awarding of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

"If you've read all the journalism around it, you'd certainly have doubts about the Qatar World Cup.

"If that is shown to be true and they can demonstrate that there was corruption then of course it should be rebid."

Asked if England would put themselves in the running, Dyke said: "I think it would be pretty certain it wouldn't come to Europe -- you wouldn't have two successive World Cups in Europe.

"So I would say it would be most likely to go to America, who were the runners up."

It's coming home.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

So you're saying it has great water metrics?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Reminder for about the millionth time that there are more 30k football stadiums in Coventry than in the entire US of A

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
nigeria versus costa rica in the *googles* georgia dome, dozens of cops rolling on the floor in agony with cramped index fingers

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
id like to see retard americans vs retard brits in a stadium thread

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Yeah if the Russia might have the world cup taken off them because of the blatant racism of the police officers the US doesn't stand much chance.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Blue Star Error posted:

Reminder for about the millionth time that there are more 30k football stadiums in Coventry than in the entire US of A

Are you meaning soccer specific, or just stadiums, because ???

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Diana Ross represented the American approach to the beautiful game.

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp

Blue Star Error posted:

are you flippin sixes and sevens 'oy wot mate?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
On the topic of actual news, the FBI's investigation, as in the FBI and not the Swiss, has broadened their investigation to include the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
GD please ban all these faggots and bring back Blatter thx

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pleads posted:

Canada is hosting the Women's World Cup and each group is just assigned to one of the cities so there's no absurd travel.

Aside from Team Canada who I think goes on a bit of a tour so everyone can see them? hosed if I know.
There's not a single match in Toronto, not even in the knockout stages.

What the gently caress?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Are you meaning soccer specific, or just stadiums, because ???

Obviously soccer specific. A country of 300m people that can't find enough demand for a single 30k football stadium is not in any way an ideal world cup host.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

advanced statsman posted:

GD please ban all these faggots and bring back Blatter thx

Think of this as containment.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Blue Star Error posted:

Obviously soccer specific. A country of 300m people that can't find enough demand for a single 30k football stadium is not in any way an ideal world cup host.

They cant read unless you add a videogame reference

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

just the home one on game days

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
The *googles retro videogame trends* tecmo bowl stadiums are not suitable for... megaman soccer? ???

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
MLS plays their games in baseballs stadiums and these loving idiots want to host a World Cup there Jesus Christ

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Blue Star Error posted:

We had pretty good attendance the last time we hosted, when the sport was far less popular in the US. Obviously we don't have any 30k+ soccer only stadiums, but then, we don't have a lot of soccer only stadiums anyway and a lot of our stadiums are mixed-use or easily convertible.

El Hefe posted:

MLS plays their games in baseballs stadiums and these loving idiots want to host a World Cup there Jesus Christ

Most of the MLS have their own stadiums now. They're just not huge. I think the only people who still play in baseball stadiums* are DC United and NYC FC, but they're both getting their own stadiums.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 3, 2015

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

We had pretty good attendance the last time we hosted, when the sport was far less popular in the US. Obviously we don't have any 30k+ soccer only stadiums, but then, we don't have a lot of soccer only stadiums anyway and a lot of our stadiums are mixed-use or easily convertible.

Attendance, ATTENDANCE, LOOK AT OUR ATTENDANCE!!!!!!

Won't someone think of the average attendances to our world cup that involved thousand mile trips to see more than one game.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

Won't someone think of the average attendances to our world cup that involved thousand mile trips to see more than one game.

You Brits will never understand how big of a fan boner you get paying $600 to fly 3000 miles to watch your team lose on rainy Tuesday

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

This really isn't a big deal to Americans, admittedly.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Neither are the working poor ahahahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

No one gives a poo poo go make a loving thread about dumb stadiums you human being retard