Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The good thing about developing severe milk allergies is i'm saving a fortune on pizza delivery :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yup. I should probably get around to a replay of Fallout 3 / NV on my PC before it comes out, I only played them on the 360 before.

I never actually seem to finish these games, but I really enjoy them for a few weeks (and lots of hours) so get more than my money's worth out of them.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Papa Johns had a spicy bbq chicken pizza that was absolutely awesome. But they don't keep it on their menu all the time which makes fat me very sad. Love me some Papa Johns, though. Probably my favorite pizza.

Re tipping: I'm generally a pretty good tipper (30-40 percent on average, always in cash, even if the service is...average) but I'll concede that part of the reason for that is my family has been in the restaurant and bar biz for...well...a long drat time. Probably more than a 100 years. It's how I paid the bills in college. I know all too well the plight of the person depending on tips to make ends meet.

I have noticed lately, though...Most servers/waiters these days loving suck. If the food takes a while to get out, I can understand to a certain degree...but if it comes out and the plate is scalding hot while the food is dry, I know it sat in the window for a while. If it comes out on a warmish plate and everything is still juicy, I know the kitchen is backed up (or the server waited a while to put the order in).

Drivers usually get it out to us pretty drat quick, too. So, I'm not surprised that they keep a record of good vs bad tippers - even if it's a different driver. We generally order from the same stores, though.

But stereotypes exist for a reason with regards to bad tippers. Same for the Sunday crowd that says "You expect me to give you more than I give God?" and blam, leaves 5 or 10 percent on the table. After a while, you just know. Rarely will you ever be surprised by someone you had a preconceived notion about being a good/bad tipper.

As my mother says, "It is what it is".

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

What the hell man, that's ridiculous. A guy is kind enough to bring you food to your door, you give him enough to grab a beer or a sandwich with at least if he's at all competent. What's wrong with these people?

The delivery area is about 80% ghetto. The rest is low-end suburbs who don't order pizza.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Tide posted:

But stereotypes exist for a reason with regards to bad tippers. Same for the Sunday crowd that says "You expect me to give you more than I give God?" and blam, leaves 5 or 10 percent on the table. After a while, you just know. Rarely will you ever be surprised by someone you had a preconceived notion about being a good/bad tipper.
Man, God is gonna be pissed if people are only giving him six percent.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm dying for either a little Caesars pizza or an anchovies & jalapeņo pizza

Thanks Automotive insanity

Thautomotive insanity

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

mafoose posted:

Calc and imaginary numbers aren't really used in machining. Most is just addition and subtraction. Depending on what kind of work you do, you might use trig, but just simple things like SohCahToa.

Lots of machinists don't like math, so they have a million different tables to look things up. Personally I use my phone quite a bit for speed and feed calculations. A lot of it comes from experience and knowing what to listen for and adjust accordingly.

Also it's hard to quantify what enough money is. I'm making over double from when I first started as shop bitch for a small fab shop, and as much as I'd like a kid (or two) I feel like it's not quite enough. Granted, superfluous spending is a little out of hand for the wife and I currently, but that will change.

Sorry about the gluttony of questions, I just want to gather as much info as possible. I put a comment about about studying to be a machinist on my facebook and a buddy of mine gave me this response:

What is your take on that? This dude is a PhD Mech. Eng. currently in Japan trying to build a robot to go to the moon. So I'm not sure if his experience is clouded with only super high precision machining or if it's an industry wide change.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Powershift posted:

The good thing about developing severe milk allergies is i'm saving a fortune on pizza delivery :shepicide:

If i had that i would be dead very quickly. Either from starvation or because i couldn't not have pizza, and died from some kind of dairy overdose.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

MustardFacial posted:

Sorry about the gluttony of questions, I just want to gather as much info as possible. I put a comment about about studying to be a machinist on my facebook and a buddy of mine gave me this response:

What is your take on that? This dude is a PhD Mech. Eng. currently in Japan trying to build a robot to go to the moon. So I'm not sure if his experience is clouded with only super high precision machining or if it's an industry wide change.

He's absolutely right.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Tide posted:

"You expect me to give you more than I give God?" and blam, leaves 5 or 10 percent on the table.

Do they actually say that out loud? Because an excellent response would be "You should really think about what you just said".

In the context of the bible, giving to the less fortunate is giving to god. And there is nobody less fortunate than the one serving your snooty pious rear end lunch.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

LloydDobler posted:

Do they actually say that out loud? Because an excellent response would be "You should really think about what you just said".

In the context of the bible, giving to the less fortunate is giving to god. And there is nobody less fortunate than the one serving your snooty pious rear end lunch.
Whenever I go out to lunch after church we always make sure to tip 30% or so

Luckily nobody at my church are assholes like that, but I've been to churches where that's the case

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mooseykins posted:

If i had that i would be dead very quickly. Either from starvation or because i couldn't not have pizza, and died from some kind of dairy overdose.

I had to give up beer in the same timeframe as well. My entire diet out the window.

If i had to give up tire smoke and exhaust fumes, i'm not sure i could go on.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Tusen Takk posted:

I'm dying for either a little Caesars pizza or an anchovies & jalapeņo pizza

Thanks Automotive insanity

Thautomotive insanity

Pizza Hut is best, whats wrong with you people?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

we have taste buds and standards :smug:

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Powershift posted:

I had to give up beer in the same timeframe as well. My entire diet out the window.

I don't drink so alcohol is no problem for me. But if i had to give up pizza, meat and iced tea i would kill myself in an act of defiance.

(Probably by eating a pizza and burgers and drinking iced tea.)

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

not that little ceasar's is good but you're objectively wrong. that lovely valdez leak under every p'hut pizza is unacceptable.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

not that little ceasar's is good but you're objectively wrong. that lovely valdez leak under every p'hut pizza is unacceptable.

If you want to see grease, get Jets. So greasy they have to put a second layer of cardboard between it and the box so it doesnt leak through.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Great Beer posted:

If you want to see grease, get Jets. So greasy they have to put a second layer of cardboard between it and the box so it doesnt leak through.

Isn't that where STR works now?

God drat, i'm having insane pizza cravings right now.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

BraveUlysses posted:

If you live in the seattle area and don't order from Pagliacci's your doing it wrong.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

mafoose posted:

Also it's hard to quantify what enough money is. I'm making over double from when I first started as shop bitch for a small fab shop, and as much as I'd like a kid (or two) I feel like it's not quite enough. Granted, superfluous spending is a little out of hand for the wife and I currently, but that will change.

Its all how you prioritize your spending.

I have often looked at being a machinist when I was looking at colleges. Instead of following what I wanted to do, I listened to every one else and did the 4 year thing, which just saddled me up with a ton of debt.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Negromancer posted:

If you live in the seattle area and don't order from Pagliacci's your doing it wrong.

Thats my favorite local chain but they do not have any locations near me :( probably for the better cause I really prefer making my own pizza and sauce and it's 2-3 bucks a piece instead of 20.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

we have taste buds and standards :smug:

Lemme know when Papa Johns does a pretzel stuffed crust with salami and buffalo sauce drizzle.

Oh, and when John Schnatter stops being a Evangelical Conservative dipshit.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

Lemme know when Papa Johns does a pretzel stuffed crust with salami and buffalo sauce drizzle.

You want to know when some other company will be more disgusting than pizza hut? quite the challenge

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

June Chat Thread: Pizza Wars

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

BraveUlysses posted:

You want to know when some other company will be more disgusting than pizza hut? quite the challenge

Dominos is worse than pizza hut. Though they have lava cakes. Mmmmmmm, perfect in every way.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

June Chat Thread: Pizza Wars

I eat. I die. I eat again!

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

CommieGIR posted:

I don't care about the man's political views. I just want the spicy bbq chicken pizza back.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BraveUlysses posted:

Personal preferences are a bitch.

Geirskogul posted:

Dominos is worse than pizza hut. Though they have lava cakes. Mmmmmmm, perfect in every way.

But they are a 'Baked Sandwich Shop' now :smuggo:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Geirskogul posted:

Yeah, it's not a good sign when you give up on your core product to sell other poo poo. Its not like they really had pizza locked down, so why not expand (poorly) into 4-5 more products?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Not gonna lie, Pizza Hut's massive grease spill under every pizza is part of the appeal to me. It makes everything so much tastier :v:

Also, gently caress you guys, i'm trying to save money and now I really want pizza. Jerks.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

If someone is bringing me food then they are getting getting $5 or 20‰ if that's more. More if the weather sucks or something. If I can't or don't want to give a good tip for delivery then I just go get the food myself.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Even in the Games PS4 thread, there are dorks writing the game off already.

Writing it off for being a Bethesda Fallout is probably fair though.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

BraveUlysses posted:

Yeah, it's not a good sign when you give up on your core product to sell other poo poo. Its not like they really had pizza locked down, so why not expand (poorly) into 4-5 more products?

One day I'm going to write a book about how the modern CEO/Investor structure has basically turned every corporation into an uncontrollable mess.

:v: "We aren't showing year on year grow in our main product. We need to diversify into a product we have no experience with or understanding of so we can grow revenue, otherwise the share price will tank"

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

One day I'm going to write a book about how the modern CEO/Investor structure has basically turned every corporation into an uncontrollable mess.

:v: "We aren't showing year on year grow in our main product. We need to diversify into a product we have no experience with or understanding of so we can grow revenue, otherwise the share price will tank"

I'll co-author with you.

It amazes me that our company can't be happy with a solid profit year after year. That they can't be happy that we are involved in some fashion with over 50 percent of the world's...thing. Not in a particular country but for the WORLD. We have to have MORE. We have to GROW. We must have MORE of the market share!

(Being obtuse on purpose)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Galler posted:

Writing it off for being a Bethesda Fallout is probably fair though.

Blasphemy. Bethesda has produced nothing but winners. :colbert:

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Galler posted:

If someone is bringing me food then they are getting getting $5 or 20‰ if that's more

Gonna be one hell of a pizza order for 20 mills of it to be greater than five dollars.

Also now I want some pizza. About the only place around here in walking distance that does online ordering is Papa Johns, and regardless of what Schnatter says in his commercials, that stuff is :mediocre:

It's just so much better to order food online than by the phone. Look at the menu, change my mind, whatever.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tide posted:

I'll co-author with you.

It amazes me that our company can't be happy with a solid profit year after year. That they can't be happy that we are involved in some fashion with over 50 percent of the world's...thing. Not in a particular country but for the WORLD. We have to have MORE. We have to GROW. We must have MORE of the market share!

(Being obtuse on purpose)

Yeah our company is the biggest in Canada. That's simply not enough though and we need to grow in a market segment with high costs and little return without investing anything. Its also apparently our fault that they decided to grab up all of a market segment that no company can turn a profit on yet, and no plan to make it profitable. So we're just sitting on a giant year on year loss.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Tide posted:

I don't care about the man's political views. I just want the spicy bbq chicken pizza back.

There's political views, and then there's being a petty despotic shitheel. Don't forget he was one of the 1%ers who came out and said :smug: "I'm going to cut the majority of my employees' hours down to just below the threshold of what would require me to provide them with health insurance." gently caress him, I'm voting with my pocketbook and taking my business elsewhere (and his pizza really isn't that good anyways.)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Geoj posted:

There's political views, and then there's being a petty despotic shitheel. Don't forget he was one of the 1%ers who came out and said :smug: "I'm going to cut the majority of my employees' hours down to just below the threshold of what would require me to provide them with health insurance." gently caress him, I'm voting with my pocketbook and taking my business elsewhere (and his pizza really isn't that good anyways.)

He also then basically said he'd add an 'Obamacare Tax' to any pizzas he sold AFTER he cut his employees.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I swear to god the assistant in this office has no idea what personal space is. She literally just walked up until her legs were an inch from my chair and just stood there not saying anything.

How the gently caress do I stop this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Geoj posted:

If you/me/whoever held against a company a thing that someone at the top or whatever did contrary to the thing that we believe should be the thing, we would be naked and jobless. The reality is, "nice" people rarely if ever make it to the position of CEO or owner of a massive company. You kind of have to be a cold hearted dick. These dicks exist on both sides of the political spectrum.

Way of the world.

1500quidporsche posted:

I swear to god the assistant in this office has no idea what personal space is. She literally just walked up until her legs were an inch from my chair and just stood there not saying anything.

How the gently caress do I stop this?

Is she hot?

• Locked thread