Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Domino's is my go-to pizza place, I find Pizza Hut tends to have chewy, overcooked crusts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

CommieGIR posted:

gently caress you all, I like Pizza Hut.

I actually had one for the first time in 3 or so years recently. I felt a longing for greasy pizza so we ended up in a Pizza Hut. I ordered a dirty cheese crust pepperoni monstrosity and when it came out I was actually disappointed. It wasn't the greasy mess I desired but a much more upmarket pizza which didn't have the distinctive taste of a greaseball Pizza Hut.

Sad times.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mooseykins posted:

Everyone has a new avatar and now i'm jealous. :(

ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

T1g4h posted:

You and me both buddy. Pizza Hut is way better than people claim.

I like Pizza Hut too, but the local franchise somehow finds it completely impossible to ever get an order right, so I gave up and just get Papa Johns. It's not like I make difficult orders either - "Large sausage and pepperoni". Somehow it's not possible to actually make one of those though I guess.

If I'm in town and want a seriously greasy (and very yummy) pizza though, I got for Streets of New York. For whatever reason I really like their pizza.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

InitialDave posted:

Domino's is my go-to pizza place, I find Pizza Hut tends to have chewy, overcooked crusts.

Unless it's stuffed crust, i don't even eat it. Pizza hut used to do great stuffed crust then changed it a while ago and then it was gross. Dominos seem to have stopped doing their cheese & bacon stuffed crust, which was loving awesome, but did make me burp like crazy for the 5+ hours after eating it.

Papa John's stuffed crust is pretty sexual. I'm craving that poo poo pretty bad right now.

T1g4h posted:

Join us. Join usssss!

Tide posted:

ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US

I haven't seen Mad Max yet. :(

I'm actually a little disappointed that i haven't pissed anyone off enough to get red text or anything. Shall persevere!

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

QuarkMartial posted:

Got fired from my school last week. Interviewed for a new position this morning, got the job this afternoon. Gainful employment :toot:

Then I got to put a battery in an immaculate 92 F150 that a guy bought from an old man that only drove it to church on Sunday. Looked like it just came off the lot.

Congrats! My wife's been subbing for two years trying to get a full-time position, but our market is way over-saturated, so it's been really tough.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
I still haven't seen Fury Road and I refuse to go unless it's in the Bronco with the top off to the local drive-in. There's no purer way to see it. I'm only lacking a driveshaft :smith:

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I like good pizza but hate paying a shitload of money for it. Slice & Pint supremacy.

But I'm more than willing to drop $15 on SPACE BEER at Costco so my priorities are kinda hosed.

Quite A Tool fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 3, 2015

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Noise Complaint posted:

I still haven't seen Fury Road and I refuse to go unless it's in the Bronco with the top off to the local drive-in. There's no purer way to see it. I'm only lacking a driveshaft :smith:

If your theaters have similar schedules to mine, you have 8 days until you have to wait to see it on bluray.

Better get crackin' :colbert:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Tide posted:

Even if you could say "If you make below X dollars a year, you are exempt from paying tax", you would still have opposition from the people that earn a living off the tax code as it is. Imagine how many hundreds of thousands of jobs would become instantly obsolete if the tax code simply said "If income > X, then pay 10 percent" (or whatever arbitrary number).
Yeah, but the tax code should read "if money changes hands, give x% of it to the gov." and have x be a really low number.
Everyone pays, at the same rate, every time. Doesn't matter if it's a cheeseburger or a yacht.

But as you say, that would be too simple.

Tide posted:

My Lord...This thread is all over the drat place. Pizza, tax codes, eat the rich, Mad Max, politics.

The ADHD thread of SA.
Its the chat thread. This isn't new behavior. Its basically just a strangely formatted irc channel.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 3, 2015

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Terrible Robot posted:

If your theaters have similar schedules to mine, you have 8 days until you have to wait to see it on bluray.

Better get crackin' :colbert:

I got a few weeks, they show R-rated action movies after 11pm and they have it scheduled all the way past Jurassic World.

We were talking about renting an outdoor screen for the NEAI meet this summer and showing it too. That would own.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Noise Complaint posted:

Also I pity people without 15 awesome pizza joints within a stones throw. That's the only thing Connecticut is good for.

Was going to post exactly this. I don't know why any of the national chain places exist here. There's an awesome little pizza place just a five minute walk from my house or I can drive ten minutes to a Pepe's. If I really want to I can drive 45 minutes to New Haven and have what ever awesome pizza I want. I've never been to Sally's or Bar and I need to fix that. Modern Apizza is my current personal favorite for the New Haven area.

I went to the Dertiot Belle Isle GP this weekend and had great time despite the lovely weather.

Stadium Super Trucks is the most :black101: race series.

On the way to my friends apartment I saw Dodge finishing up an order for Holdbrooks.

I need to see Fury Road in the theater again while I have the chance.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ilkhan posted:

Yeah, but the tax code should read "if money changes hands, give x% of it to the gov." and have x be a really low number.
Everyone pays, at the same rate, every time. Doesn't matter if it's a cheeseburger or a yacht.

That really only works in terms of the govt getting their "fair" share if people don't use cash. Transactions between individuals would happen with cash and go unreported. The use of paper currency would skyrocket, as would counterfeit operations. People would stop using credit to purchase anything because it leaves a paper trail. Black market sales would go through the ROOF.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ilkhan posted:

Fun fact: The Flat Tax was created by a bunch of rich guys.

Guess why?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA

(my favorite is cheese stuffed crust with tomato sauce, spinach, chicken, onion, mushrooms, peppers, bacon, pineapple)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

CommieGIR posted:

Fun fact: The Flat Tax was created by a bunch of rich guys.

Guess why?

Even LESS tax for them, more tax for dem poors.

Regressive taxes always smash the poo poo out of the poor first and foremost. And that's the way the rich like it as it leaves more for them so they can buy their fifth house and 10th mistress.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Pineapple is awesome on Pizza. It is also awesome in curries, stir fries and in pasta sauce.

Tide posted:

Anyway, are you saying that Amazon doesn't pay tax, period, or they just don't pay sales tax to the state in which the product was ordered from? Both? Because if it's simply sales tax, why would they fight that? I am temporarily ignoring that me having to pay a sales tax on goods from Amazon would make it somewhere in the neighborhood as what I would pay locally (depending on what it is, of course)? Because they wouldn't be paying the sales tax, I would.

It isn't the sales tax they so much miss out on over here but the corporation tax. A normal UK business has to pay tax on my profits. Amazon manage to do something sneaky with their reported profit due to being a massive multinational with excellent accountants so that their reported profit stays low and they don't pay much UK corporation tax on it. Us normal people are unable to exploit the same laws to our benefit.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

keykey posted:

Daaamn, I missed out on the gang tag shenanigans.. :(

edit: Stupid school.. Always interfering with my interneting.

keykey posted:

First Fury Road and now Fallout 4? This is going to be the best year for post apocalyptic media ever! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnn2rJpjar4

edit: Whoever bought me this custom title, YOU'RE THE COOLEST! :3:

Oh my god that avatar is ridiculous, epic, and horrifyingly cute all at the same time.

Also: guess I'd better play Fallout 3 now...

Mat_Drinks posted:

Also, HELLO AVATAR BANDWAGON :dance:

Nice!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Holy poo poo @ Mat_Drinks avatar.. GG dude that really is :perfect:

OKay hang about - 45 + 4...... WTF I'm not the oldest in AI???

No poo poo! I'm 45 now, 46 in September. I know us 40+ are in the minority here...

LloydDobler posted:

Do they actually say that out loud? Because an excellent response would be "You should really think about what you just said".

In the context of the bible, giving to the less fortunate is giving to god. And there is nobody less fortunate than the one serving your snooty pious rear end lunch.

Also, when you tithe, you're giving a percentage of your SALARY. When you're tipping, it's a percentage of the bill. Not even close to the same thing, you stupid gently caress.

Mooseykins posted:

I don't drink so alcohol is no problem for me. But if i had to give up pizza, meat and iced tea i would kill myself in an act of defiance.

(Probably by eating a pizza and burgers and drinking iced tea.)

They have iced tea in England? Mind blown.
My dad had trouble getting iced tea (in the winter) in NEW England years ago. For some reason, I expected ice tea to be, like, sacrilege or something in Jolly Old.

1500quidporsche posted:

I swear to god the assistant in this office has no idea what personal space is. She literally just walked up until her legs were an inch from my chair and just stood there not saying anything.

How the gently caress do I stop this?

Mad Max gear with lots of spikes.

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I hope you noticed the quote is actually a mildly modified quote from The Lorax.

Where in the gently caress did you find that image?

Fake edit: Never mind, found it: http://drfaustusau.deviantart.com/art/Shiny-and-Chrome-536804669
Oh, holy poo poo - look at his whole gallery!

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Regressive taxes always smash the poo poo out of the poor first and foremost. And that's the way the rich like it as it leaves more for them so they can buy their fifth house and 10th mistress.

It's more than that...

The rich generally have a significant income from investments. And the tax laws on those returns/income from investments reads like...well...nothing I've ever seen.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

This is excellent.
And just so you fucks know, I had to call and tell my wife to order pizza for dinner. Jerks.

Mooseykins posted:

Pineapple has no place on a pizza.

THIS.

edit: If you're in Dallas, i Fratelli's has the most awesome pizza sauce I've ever encountered. Crust is good, too.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 4, 2015

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

Ah, the "Rent" philosophy: as long as you're an artist, you're morally in the right to skip out on rent indefinitely.

Pretty much. Oh yeah, also taking poo poo holes and making them livable through the process known as gentrification is apparently somehow bad to artists..

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

On the topic of pizzas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhvhmtUS128

Classic Something Awful

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Darchangel posted:

We can get Lipton ice tea in bottles from most supermarkets, though I suspect that it doesn't have anything in common with real tea other than in name.

I've never seen real iced tea made with real tea in the UK :(

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Calling a flat tax regressive flat out ignores the dictionary definition of fair. (15% of 10,000) is still 1/10th of (15% of $150,000), etc.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Only chain that delivers to my house is Papa Johns, not great but there's usually coupons so it's cheap. There's a little Mom and Pop place that makes some pretty good pizza, really good BBQ chicken pizza and their meat special is awesome. Two family run places by my parents that make amazing pizza, always order when I'm home.

I was surprised when I ordered pizza in Germany last year. Very thing flaky crust, comes out un-cut on a big plate. Really good topping combos.

SFH1989 posted:

Stadium Super Trucks is the most :black101: race series.

I would really like to see these race in person. The videos I've seen it looks amazing. So out of place on a road course but I'm so glad someone had the crazy idea to do it.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Cool. I start losing weight again and THEN you all talk about pizza. Right about now I'd eat any pizza from any chain, I don't even care. And I may be easy to please but I actually like Domino's thin crust. God I love thin crust pizzas. God I miss fat and deliciousness.

Well off to eat 4lbs of kale because it tastes better than dying alone

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Magnus Praeda posted:

Congrats! My wife's been subbing for two years trying to get a full-time position, but our market is way over-saturated, so it's been really tough.

Thanks! It's the hiring time of year, so good luck to her.

Pizza chat: i dont care so long as i can cover it with hot sauce :colbert:

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Darchangel posted:

My dad had trouble getting iced tea (in the winter) in NEW England years ago. For some reason, I expected ice tea to be, like, sacrilege or something in Jolly Old.

Yep, and it's loving excellent. So much so that it's all i've been drinking for the last 9-10 years.

I think it's regarded like "tea is tea!" here so it's all good.

:britain:

Tomarse posted:

We can get Lipton ice tea in bottles from most supermarkets, though I suspect that it doesn't have anything in common with real tea other than in name.

"Still soft drink with Tea Extract and peach juice with sugar and sweetener."

Good enough for me! I love the stuff, do 2+L/day of it. It's practically an addiction.

Tomarse posted:

I've never seen real iced tea made with real tea in the UK :(

I've had homemade ice tea here, half-Texan friend of mine used to make it and it was fantastic. Sadly, he moved back there and i longer get to enjoy his homemade ice tea and maple bacon-bit sandwiches. :(

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

sigtrap posted:

Cool. I start losing weight again and THEN you all talk about pizza. Right about now I'd eat any pizza from any chain, I don't even care. And I may be easy to please but I actually like Domino's thin crust. God I love thin crust pizzas. God I miss fat and deliciousness.

Well off to eat 4lbs of kale because it tastes better than dying alone

You poor, poor man. Pretty sure there's no way in hell I could diet, I like horribly unhealthy food way too much.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Actually, I complain but in all honesty I've really gotten used to it, I even enjoy it. I'm roughly following the nutritarian / eat-to-live thing because I like its focus on really good nutrition. It's tons of greens, veggies (raw & steamed), beans, onions, mushrooms, fruits, berries, seeds, nuts... pretty much paleo, I guess. Very little meat or animal stuff. Already lost ~20lbs in maybe 5 weeks.

Turns out even if you try to eat KINDA healthy, if you have your rear end parked in a chair smoking massive piles of weed every night, you gain weight back that you worked hard to lose. I'll eat veggies if I can keep the weed. Last time around I went from 353lbs down to 199.9999. Gained back about 60 over the last few years, and now I've clawed my way back to ~240. Still want pizzas and oils and all the fattest foods.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Mooseykins posted:

Yep, and it's loving excellent. So much so that it's all i've been drinking for the last 9-10 years.

"Still soft drink with Tea Extract and peach juice with sugar and sweetener."

Does it actually have tea on the ingredients list? I always assumed it contains actual tea in the same way as a chicken and mushroom pot noodle contains chicken.

Despite this it is also my favourite soft drink (the lemon flavour over the peach one though) along with ginger beer.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Tomarse posted:

Does it actually have tea on the ingredients list? I always assumed it contains actual tea in the same way as a chicken and mushroom pot noodle contains chicken.

"Black Tea Extract 0.14%" :v:

Good enough for me!

Tomarse posted:

Despite this it is also my favourite soft drink (the lemon flavour over the peach one though) along with ginger beer.

Boooo! Peach is waaaaaaay better than lemon!

Also, thanks to whoever bought me a BlackThumbs gangtag!!! :3:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

ilkhan posted:

Calling a flat tax regressive flat out ignores the dictionary definition of fair. (15% of 10,000) is still 1/10th of (15% of $150,000), etc.

How the hell is taxing 10% off a struggling family, while giving some utterly ridiculously rich dick an enormous tax cut in any shape or form fair? Flat taxes directly hit the living poo poo out of poor families and absolutly give huge tax cuts to the wealthy. That is NOT how a healthy society works. A actual functional society works like Norway or Finland, where the tax burden to run said functional society is spread on those that can support it. Does that mean I would need to pay 49% on every dollar earned over 180,000? Yes and I am fine with that. I'll be earning 180,000 after all.

This isn't some dept of Anglo Saxon or libertarian Galt Gulch. This is the real world and the definition of fair has a different meaning.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

How the hell is taxing 10% off a struggling family, while giving some utterly ridiculously rich dick an enormous tax cut in any shape or form fair? Flat taxes directly hit the living poo poo out of poor families and absolutly give huge tax cuts to the wealthy. That is NOT how a healthy society works. A actual functional society works like Norway or Finland, where the tax burden to run said functional society is spread on those that can support it. Does that mean I would need to pay 49% on every dollar earned over 180,000? Yes and I am fine with that. I'll be earning 180,000 after all.

This isn't some dept of Anglo Saxon or libertarian Galt Gulch. This is the real world and the definition of fair has a different meaning.

Kinda like how Kansas just did a huge bunch of tax cuts for the wealthy last year, and this year they are in the red.

So what do they do? TAX THE POOR!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/04/21/vwelfap/

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Time to attend my condo's AGM. Gonna gently caress poo poo up.

Edit: Oh god the crazy woman always hauling garbage bags full of empty can from her car into the building is on the board. :psyduck:

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 4, 2015

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

I would really like to see these race in person. The videos I've seen it looks amazing. So out of place on a road course but I'm so glad someone had the crazy idea to do it.

They're are cool in person as you think. I love that the answer to finding new places to race was "Put some jumps on a street course" :getin:. Traxxas is a very appropriate sponsor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm three bars into my dinner consisting of a six pack of Klondike bars.

Healthy what?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mooseykins posted:

I haven't seen Mad Max yet. :(

I'm actually a little disappointed that i haven't pissed anyone off enough to get red text or anything. Shall persevere!

That's not what I was referring to, dingleberry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

SFH1989 posted:

They're are cool in person as you think. I love that the answer to finding new places to race was "Put some jumps on a street course" :getin:. Traxxas is a very appropriate sponsor.

I used to spend a lot of time and money racing Traxxas RC stadium trucks so they are the perfect sponsor. We usually ran on a dedicated dirt track but if the weather was poo poo we'd throw on touring car rubber and put jumps on the indoor track. They're doing the same just so so much better.

• Locked thread