Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
So he goes into this expecting to die in a blaze of glory and now is pissed that he has to deal with the fallout of being an rear end in a top hat in public.

Someone call Adelson, I think we have a front runner! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

OAquinas posted:

So he goes into this expecting to die in a blaze of glory and now is pissed that he has to deal with the fallout of being an rear end in a top hat in public.

Someone call Adelson, I think we have a front runner! :haw:

In the interviews he gave he seemed a bit off

This is guy who wore gently caress Islam shirts

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

I'm struggling to muster any sympathy for anyone other than his poor family who has to deal with both him and the repercussions of his actions.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

“Hackers have ruined my life,” Ritzheimer said on the video, in which he was shirtless and prominently showing off a red-white-and-blue chest tattoo with the words "Hard Knock Life."
You got the bolding exactly opposite

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I WANT to be a good, compassionate person who feels for everyone and doesn't want anyone's life ruined.

But man... gently caress that guy. There's a real justice in him purposely trying to incite violence and piss people off, absolutely nothing happening except that a few protesters had their minds opened to the good in Islam, and then this dude just got weighed down by all the people he pissed off.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

STAC Goat posted:

I WANT to be a good, compassionate person who feels for everyone and doesn't want anyone's life ruined.

But man... gently caress that guy. There's a real justice in him purposely trying to incite violence and piss people off, absolutely nothing happening except that a few protesters had their minds opened to the good in Islam, and then this dude just got weighed down by all the people he pissed off.

The dude literally admits he wanted to have someone come shoot up his event, I dunno why you would want to feel bad for him.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

site posted:

The dude literally admits he wanted to have someone come shoot up his event, I dunno why you would want to feel bad for him.
I wanna be like Mr. Rogers and not hate anybody.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Trabisnikof posted:

Santorum is Catholic.

One could be forgiven for thinking otherwise.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the night, "Here's a bold embrace of internationalism: let's join the rest of the world and go metric." ~ Lincoln Chafee, during his Presidential campaign announcement.

The ball's in your court, literally every other candidate! We deserve to know where the field stands: are you on the one yard or one meter line?

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't seen it mentioned here yet but, the Tamir Rice investigation is finally over; 7 months it took, and the results have been sent to the prosecutor and, I guess, will now go to the grand jury.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Joementum posted:

Quote of the night, "Here's a bold embrace of internationalism: let's join the rest of the world and go metric." ~ Lincoln Chafee, during his Presidential campaign announcement.

So Liberia and Myanmar aren't part of the rest of the world now?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

radical meme posted:

I haven't seen it mentioned here yet but, the Tamir Rice investigation is finally over; 7 months it took, and the results have been sent to the prosecutor and, I guess, will now go to the grand jury.

As a gorilla in Cleveland I'm sincerely hoping they don't royally screw this up.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I wanna be like Mr. Rogers and not hate anybody.

Idealism has no place in d&d. go away.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Joementum posted:

The ball's in your court, literally every other candidate! We deserve to know where the field stands: are you on the one yard or one meter line?

going metric is such a huge makework project that i can't help but support it

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Lincoln Chafee announced?

Geez, at this rate the convention acceptance speech will have to start with "four score and seven candidates ago..."

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Well that'll certainly anger the Stonecutters.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
It's a great tactic for an underdog candidate. Now reporters are going to ask all the other candidates what they think about Lincoln Chafee's proposal to convert to the metric system, each time mentioning his name.

Martin O'Malley should start championing statehood for Guam. George Pataki could take on abolishing the paper dollar.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
No goddamnit, kill coins first and then we can start taking a look at paper money.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6ugOBCZAVk

Joementum posted:

Hopefully this will finally mean the US will switch to the metric system - internationalism or no - the whole multiples of 10 system is very elegant - I use it most of the time. If anything it simplifies global trade. One product can be made to one spec anywhere.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Speaking of that, CNN reports that the Muslim guy who the Boston PD iced was ready to behead Pamela Geller before getting impatient deciding to take out as many cops as he could instead. That number being 0.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Paul Trusten probably wasn't expecting to get a call from the Wall Street Journal tonight.

quote:

Paul Trusten, the vice president of the U.S. Metric Association, was shocked Wednesday when told that Mr. Chafee called for the country to adopt the metric system.

“Who?” he asked. He then added: “Oh, my gosh.”

Mr. Trusten, a pharmacist in Midland, Texas, said he wasn’t aware of any presidential candidate ever advocating for “metricazation.” People in the metric community, Mr. Trusten said, expected support from President Barack Obama, though that never materialized. They were disappointed by the White House’s response, in 2013, to a citizen petition calling for adopting the metric system.

“I had very high hopes that Mr. Obama was going to be a leader in this because of his discussion of science progress and science initiative…but it never came up,’’ Mr. Trusten said.

The problem, Mr. Trusten said, is that no American politician has shown sufficient leadership when it comes to the nation’s system of weights, measurement and distances.

“Setting a standard of measurement should be a matter of national assent. It’s something that should be raised, not be made a matter of tyranny but as a matter of leadership,’’ he said.

Thanks, Obama.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

Paul Trusten probably wasn't expecting to get a call from the Wall Street Journal tonight.

Thanks, Obama.

Didn't either Carter or Nixon make a run at converting to the metric system? I'm thinking it was Nixon.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mitt Romney posted:

The http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARGUS-IS is possibly already being used in war zones so it's just a matter of time before it gets to domestic law enforcement.

ctrl+f: "Amanda Waller" 0 out of 0 matches

:(

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

quote:

People in the metric community

Sigh

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

Thanks, Obama.

He's right, it's a topic that a lot of Americans have been weighting for. The degree of excitement around the nation about changing systems is measurably larger than it has been in a long time. From Wall Street to Main Street, in back yards of suburbia to the kitchen tables in peoples Ohms, and in the shouts and cries of people marching on their feet in the streets, it won't be furlong until the conversion begins, because this is a topic that really meters to so many. The people want a liter on this issue!

Sieverts. :geno:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
You should be beaten with a rod and chain for that.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

You should be beaten with a rod and chain for that.

Watt? Sorry if it hertz your feelings, but joule have to get used to this new system. It's pretty rad.

:suicide: This is why I could never write newspaper articles.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Joementum posted:

Thanks, Obama.

That last quote is pretty well crafted for a random dude surprised by a call from the press.

E: can it be the I Have A Dram speech?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

whitey delenda est posted:

That last quote is pretty well crafted for a random dude surprised by a call from the press.

Hey, they don't just let anyone be Vice President of the U.S. Metric Association!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Eh, I dunno, it's really a matter of degree.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Joementum posted:

Hey, they don't just let anyone be Vice President of the U.S. Metric Association!

Midland, TX: a small, bespectacled white man glances at his caller ID. "Oh my Gods!" He exclaims as he frantically breaks the seal on an 8 year old manila folder labeled "Talking Points".

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

whitey delenda est posted:

E: can it be the I Have A Dram speech?

8.7E1 years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

No goddamnit, kill coins first and then we can start taking a look at paper money.

At least the penny. And maybe the nickel. Also the $1 bill.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

And of course we're already technically on the metric system. Our standard weights and measures are all officially defined in metric units.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

ReidRansom posted:

And of course we're already technically on the metric system. Our standard weights and measures are all officially defined in metric units.

This is the American Empire, where we speak American and use Imperial units. :colbert:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Luigi Thirty posted:

This is the American Empire, where we speak American and use Imperial units. :colbert:

Except that we don't use the (far superior) imperial pint :smith:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

radical meme posted:

What have I told you about optimism?

quote:

Reanna Karousis, a spokesman with the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's office, said the case won't be immediately taken to a grand jury.

"This is just the first step, there's a lot of work still to be done. We anticipate that we'll need to obtain expert reports and really anything that the grand jury wants or needs to evaluate the case," Karousis said.

Yeah, because they totally aren't going to stall this out even longer to try to bury the fact that someone they knew to be incompetent went on to gun down a kid within seconds of showing up, deny first aid, then beat and arrest his family for trying to assist him

Mo_Steel posted:

He's right, it's a topic that a lot of Americans have been weighting for. The degree of excitement around the nation about changing systems is measurably larger than it has been in a long time. From Wall Street to Main Street, in back yards of suburbia to the kitchen tables in peoples Ohms, and in the shouts and cries of people marching on their feet in the streets, it won't be furlong until the conversion begins, because this is a topic that really meters to so many. The people want a liter on this issue!

Sieverts. :geno:

:golfclap:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Speaking of that, CNN reports that the Muslim guy who the Boston PD iced was ready to behead Pamela Geller before getting impatient deciding to take out as many cops as he could instead. That number being 0.

As much as i would have liked seeing her screaming her head off at the block in some lovely back alley before some dumbshit ISIS recruit slowly cut her head off. I am glad none of it happened. for one thing, geller would then be a great martyr for her lovely cause and the right would make her a bigger saint the reagan. at least the ISIS dudes are dead and/or captured.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

ReidRansom posted:

At least the penny. And maybe the nickel. Also the $1 bill.

No the $1 has its uses for us poors.

You can get rid of the penny though.

I'm ambivalent on the nickel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

site posted:

He's exactly like the Bundy Ranch yahoos in that he thought waiting out in the desert armed to the teeth hoping for your perceived mortal enemy to confront you and take the first shot was an awesome idea that couldn't possibly backfire in any way.

He really needs to give Fox News and his crazy right wing echo chamber sites a rest for a while and calm the gently caress down. I'll bet a camping trip away from TV and the Internet would do wonders for his mental health.

• Locked thread