Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Branis
Apr 14, 2006
If you only want a few slices you can hit up the local caseys and get this wonderful treat

wash it down with a 64 ounce fountain pop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
"Pop."

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

N4i, please stop this. This is insanity. GiP is being hurt by this.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Oh "Mr. FuckThaMods" is now calling for mods. Classic. Yeah that's right. You didn't call a thug, you called a mod.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

The wonderful thing about New York is that I can get either a fancy rear end bacon apple pizza slice at gentrification prices or a 99 cent basic slice that is large enough to be used as a spinnaker on a racing yacht within one block of each other pretty much 24/7.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Police Lounge - pizza is the new donuts

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

lol if u eat food that isn't free while at work

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
I'm just happy the local subway still gives me 10% off. Too many dayshifters ran the 50% off in to the ground. But they get no discount anymore so there's that :ssh:.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Subway, Pizza Hut, and whatever gas station Branis pulls into. I swear you guys all suck.

Save me, Smiling Jack.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Subway, Pizza Hut, and whatever gas station Branis pulls into. I swear you guys all suck.

Save me, Smiling Jack.

Those are the only food options though? Unless it's after 10pm then your only option is the gas station so you do the thing where you get your subway sandwich right before close and stick it in the fridge until your lunch break at 3am or whatever and eat it then.

That's what it is though?

Smiling Jack posted:

spinnaker on a racing yacht

???

Branis posted:

If you only want a few slices you can hit up the local caseys and get this wonderful treat

wash it down with a 64 ounce fountain pop.

If you're not hanging out at casey's for the round of fresh donuts at 4am you're a fool.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

N4i, please stop this. This is insanity. GiP is being hurt by this.

N4i prefers dominoes pizza.

The Shep fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jun 4, 2015

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Smiling Jack posted:

The wonderful thing about New York is that I can get either a fancy rear end bacon apple pizza slice at gentrification prices or a 99 cent basic slice that is large enough to be used as a spinnaker on a racing yacht within one block of each other pretty much 24/7.

"Hey everybody, I'm a white guy with old family money :haw:"

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Rad Lieutenant posted:

"Hey everybody, I'm a white guy with old family money :haw:"

That explains his white guilt and progressive agenda.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

That explains his white guilt and progressive agenda.

Counter point, I'm from old money in Georgia (I own a chunk of a decent sized Tobacco plantation thats nearly a century older than this country) and I get sad when I realize I'll never get the hear hymnals sung in the fields or got to an auction for anything more useful than a car

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Trap sprung

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Booblord Zagats posted:

Counter point, I'm from old money in Georgia (I own a chunk of a decent sized Tobacco plantation thats nearly a century older than this country) and I get sad when I realize I'll never get the hear hymnals sung in the fields or got to an auction for anything more useful than a car

Stay strong brother the south will rise again

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Save me, Smiling Jack.

Tell us more about being able to suck on that federal tit and have money to pay for good food. Also time to sit and eat it.

And NYPD might as well be the federal tit too.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Everytime I invite one of my black buddies to roadtrip there with me they refuse, they're on to my little plan I guess

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Stay strong brother the south will rise again

Only high enough to kiss a Yankees rear end

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Untagged posted:

Tell us more about being able to suck on that federal tit and have money to pay for good food. Also time to sit and eat it.

And NYPD might as well be the federal tit too.

I told you man, I eat that free food at work.

Edit: the key is to eat by yourself and not tell other cops where you go. Mother fuckers are like sharks in water. I've got a rotation of local businesses and chains that hook me the gently caress up.

Whip Slagcheek fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 4, 2015

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Sometimes I like to pick up a stray dog from the pound and just cruise on gravel roads listening to chill music on warm summer days. Can't do that in a big city.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

Sometimes I like to pick up a stray dog from the pound and just cruise on gravel roads listening to chill music on warm summer days. Can't do that in a big city.

Are we still talking about free food?

Tell me that dog is OK :ohdear:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Are we still talking about free food?

Tell me that dog is OK :ohdear:

Where's Meatsicle?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
I'm sure the owners came and claimed the dog eventually.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Currently marinating pork chops: one set in Mojo, one in a cilantro sauce and dry rub Siracha & cumin on the last set. Gonna sous vide & sear tomorrow.

The rest of you can enjoy your cardboard bowl with ketchup and American cheese or whatever you uncultured swine call cuisine.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Smiling Jack posted:

Currently marinating pork chops: one set in Mojo, one in a cilantro sauce and dry rub Siracha & cumin on the last set. Gonna sous vide & sear tomorrow.

The rest of you can enjoy your cardboard bowl with ketchup and American cheese or whatever you uncultured swine call cuisine.

I just ate some barbequed meatballs that I bought in a bag from walmart.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

This is me every day at work

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Last time I tried to enjoy "city culture" I took the wife for a several hour drive into Chicago, paid $39 to park for the afternoon, idled in endless amounts of traffic, and sat in a cramped and uncomfortable seat to enjoy a live theater show that cost ~$80 a ticket, then ate at one one of the many esteemed food establishments that served food no better than what I can get in the suburbs and paid something like $18 for a goddamn burger padded with a 10.25% city food tax.

gently caress the city.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

A burger in one place is the same as a burger in another place. What a weird idea.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

gently caress the city.

I do very much miss living in ruralville. But the pay is better in metro hell. Well, probably not at the end of the day because of the cost of living. And the traffic is worse. And the people... oh nevermind.

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

gently caress the city.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Whip Slagcheek posted:

A burger in one place is the same as a burger in another place. What a weird idea.

If the food isn't any better than the average poo poo I can get where I live then don't tell me about all the ~CULTURE~ you enjoy in your expensive, congested, lovely city. You have 400 pizza places? Great, they all suck. You have 550 Chinese/thai take-out open all hours of the night? Great, it's all the same slop right?

If they were any good they'd be chains, and then I could try it out next time I decide Chili's and Friday's aren't gonna do it for me.

Untagged posted:

But the pay is better in metro hell.

Come to the suburbs.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20120425/news/704259957/ posted:

The [salary] request was sent to 80 municipalities in Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry and Will counties.

The average salary among the 77 departments amounted to $79,000.46.

$37.98/hr is just the average, and that's from 3 years ago.

The Shep fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 4, 2015

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Welcome my beautiful children. Come to the endless prairies where cheap housing and low pay abound

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

10.25% city food tax.

Even I think that's excessive.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Last time I tried to enjoy "city culture" I took the wife for a several hour drive into Chicago, paid $39 to park for the afternoon, idled in endless amounts of traffic, and sat in a cramped and uncomfortable seat to enjoy a live theater show that cost ~$80 a ticket, then ate at one one of the many esteemed food establishments that served food no better than what I can get in the suburbs and paid something like $18 for a goddamn burger padded with a 10.25% city food tax.

gently caress the city.

Lol tourist. City people don't do that poo poo.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

*flicks cigarette & kick-flips over the curb*

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Smiling Jack posted:

:jerkbag:: Uncultured swine.
:rolleyes:: Went to the city to do ~cultural~ thing.
:jerkbag:: City people don't do that.

What do city people do besides ride public transit/bicycles, take part-time art classes at the city community college, and work 2 part-time jobs as waiters/barristas while barely breaking even on rent and spending the remaining money on cigarettes and weed?

The Shep fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 4, 2015

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
sit on rooftop bars drinking wine and being smug about living in the city

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Also they get to deal with a much higher crime rate.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

:jerkbag:: Uncultured swine.
:rolleyes:: Went to the city to do ~cultural~ thing.
:jerkbag:: City people don't do that.

What do city people do besides ride public transit/bicycles, take part-time art classes at the city community college, and work 2 part-time jobs as waiters/barristas while barely breaking even on rent and spending the remaining money on cigarettes and weed?

This would probably be a bad time to mention all the free & cheap poo poo in the city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
best thing about cities is they ensure a good roi on all those nukes when the balloon goes up

• Locked thread