Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Morter posted:

So are there any good DATA-less match (match-3 or otherwise) games out there?

Most of these are in the OP, but the games that I play most on mobile are:

Ridiculous Fishing
Sproggiwood (recently)
Hoplite
Shadowrun Returns/Dragonfall
Kairosoft games -- most recently Ninja Village, Dungeon Village is my favorite with honorable mention to Game Dev Story
80 Days

The first two are casual games, the third = great rpgs, the 4th fun simple sims and the last is a really cool story based game.

If you want a v unique game experience for long commutes or what have you, go for King of Dragon Pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

foutre posted:

Most of these are in the OP, but the games that I play most on mobile are:

Ridiculous Fishing
Sproggiwood (recently)
Hoplite
Shadowrun Returns/Dragonfall
Kairosoft games -- most recently Ninja Village, Dungeon Village is my favorite with honorable mention to Game Dev Story
80 Days

The first two are casual games, the third = great rpgs, the 4th fun simple sims and the last is a really cool story based game.

If you want a v unique game experience for long commutes or what have you, go for King of Dragon Pass.

None of them are match games though, but I appreciate the suggestions? :v:

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Morter posted:

I enjoyed playing through Puzzle Craft a couple of years ago.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

WebDO posted:

So way back when there was talk of having a 10000000 save giving you something in YMBAB, is that a thing still?

I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

So I just got 10000000 (I'm late to the party) and goddamn is it fun. And frustrating. And really hard.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Morter posted:

None of them are match games though, but I appreciate the suggestions? :v:

Oh my god I totally misread that, I don't know what I was thinking on that one. Ok, no, can't help you nevermind.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Tunga posted:

I enjoyed playing through Puzzle Craft a couple of years ago.

Puzzle Craft posted:

This app is incompatible with all of your devices.

Puzzle Craft was really addictive but it's been unavailable for some time now. :mad:

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Puzzle Craft was really addictive but it's been unavailable for some time now. :mad:
Odd, it's available for me (UK, N5/N7/N10).

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

You Must Build A Boat is so good, holy poo poo. The new features are really good, and there's something really sweet about hitting a 5-in-a-row match with multiple multiplier blocks involved. :getin:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Perfect, just the kind of game I wanted (if it doesn't use data to connect)! I'm more hunting for turn-based ones, but I did really like 100000000, so this'll work just fine.

ghableska
Jul 9, 2008
Am I totally misremembering or was You Must Build A Boat supposed to be free for owners of 100000000?

Edit: Good to know, but I purchased it anyway. Guy deserves it!

ghableska fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 5, 2015

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Has anyone tried Puzzle Forge 2? I keep seeing it while playing Hungry Cat Picross, and was wondering if it was any good.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
M&M Crash of Heroes is a pretty good turn base puzzle match 3 game.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

ghableska posted:

Am I totally misremembering or was You Must Build A Boat supposed to be free for owners of 100000000?

Lots of people basically said they would rather pay the dude (since it took, what, three years?), plus there's the issues with doing temporary/one-time freebies on Play Store, so it's an opt-in sort of thing.

He's been telling people that asked him about it to email a receipt/proof of purchase to luca.promo@eightyeightgames.com and you'll get sorted out.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Hopefully that carries onto steam, because I bought 100000000 on steam, and just bought You Must Build a Boat for the android. If he does give out free copies, I wouldn't mind a copy of a game I already bought on steam. :buddy:

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I cannot stop playing YMBAB.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Morter posted:

Hopefully that carries onto steam, because I bought 100000000 on steam, and just bought You Must Build a Boat for the android. If he does give out free copies, I wouldn't mind a copy of a game I already bought on steam. :buddy:

Yeah, if you've got your Steam receipt for 10m, send it to that address and he'll get you hooked up with a steam copy of YMBAB.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Oh god I've been calling it 100m all this time :doh:

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Nyaa posted:

M&M Crash of Heroes is a pretty good turn base puzzle match 3 game.

It's a great game, but it also still hasn't been updated to work with Lollipop, which is garbage because I have a save over halfway through that I can't continue just sitting there taunting me.

e: GODDAMN the game works just fine I'm an idiot, just had to reinstall it. It crashed on startup exactly like games that didn't run on Lollipop until they were patched so I just automatically assumed it's the same thing.

e2: welp it ran once and then starts crashing again just like before. Clearing data makes it run and download the data again. After exiting it starts crashing again. gently caress you, data.

Veib fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 4, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Morter posted:

Oh god I've been calling it 100m all this time :doh:

I never stopped to count the zeroes so I always just type a 1 and then a rough number of 0s. Out loud though I called it "a hundred million" too, has a better ring to it than "ten million".

I hope the guy is successful, it takes balls to name your best game "You Must Build a Boat"

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I think the biggest change from 10m to YMBAB is the fact that you can move tiles during chains/cascades. That alone has made this a thousand times more fun and fast-paced.

Also upgrading is way more imperative in this than it was in 10m because goddamn do things hit hard and take a beating.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
drat my recent dearth of surveys has left me with only 2.59 in credit. I really wish they'd allow you to cover the remainder on a card or add any amount to your google play balance. Oh well, it's only $3.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
When did Google change it back to a 15 minute refund window?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

I think the biggest change from 10m to YMBAB is the fact that you can move tiles during chains/cascades. That alone has made this a thousand times more fun and fast-paced.

:eyepop:

Well this makes things waaaaay more interesting.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
So far Hitman: Sniper is acually pretty good.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Mortar, Glyph Quest is a cute and fun sort of match 3.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alextrowers.glyphquest&hl=en_GB

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

:eyepop:

Well this makes things waaaaay more interesting.

I noticed it too, and even if it is a bug it's a fun little interaction.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Can you "save up" at least attacks for future monsters in Boat Builder? Nothing annoyed me more in 10m than unlocking a door for instance, only to get a bunch of sword/wand tiles to drop and instantly get used up on nothing, leaving me with no way to fight the monster sitting right behind the door.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Kyrosiris posted:

Lots of people basically said they would rather pay the dude (since it took, what, three years?), plus there's the issues with doing temporary/one-time freebies on Play Store, so it's an opt-in sort of thing.

He's been telling people that asked him about it to email a receipt/proof of purchase to luca.promo@eightyeightgames.com and you'll get sorted out.

This is actually a really good way of doing it because I'm not going to bother bothering him for my free copy when I can just get it for 3.50 euros instantly and 10M was so good he deserves it anyway.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Ariza posted:

When did Google change it back to a 15 minute refund window?

They went back? That blows.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I think the Giant Bomb or Destructoid thing said that being able to slide blocks in mid-cascade was great, so it's definitely not a bug.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Hunger Quest: Is there something I have to do to unlock areas past Area 3 - Mechabastille, or are they just not available yet? I'm well into the endless Mechabastille and there's no sign of story progression past that.

A sad note: I went looking to see what the Brian Blessed Alarm Clock cost these days and it appears to be gone from Google Play.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Nah, it's intentional. I think the dev mentioned somewhere that it was a coding limitation for 10m and he found a workaround in YMBAB?

Either way, goddamn, best $3 of survey money ever spent.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Installing.

Also, who? :buddy:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

You sure the bundle wasn't on Steam? I think that's how I got it.

Lowness 72 posted:

I got 10000000 through amazon for free I think

Yeah I figured it out. It was an Amazon Free App and that's how I got it. I constantly uninstall Amazon App Store so I completely forgot about it.

I seem to recall something about a 100000000 save file being ported over to YMBAB or something? Was that ever a thing or was that just speculation? I just need someone to assuage my 'completionist OCD' and to tell me to not bother reinstalling 1000000 and beating it before I play YMBAB.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

Yeah I figured it out. It was an Amazon Free App and that's how I got it. I constantly uninstall Amazon App Store so I completely forgot about it.

I seem to recall something about a 100000000 save file being ported over to YMBAB or something? Was that ever a thing or was that just speculation? I just need someone to assuage my 'completionist OCD' and to tell me to not bother reinstalling 1000000 and beating it before I play YMBAB.

I'm on like... the sixth stage? and haven't seen any indication of a bonus for having a completed 10m savefile.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Ninkobei posted:

picked up another one of those pocket knights/crusaders quest type games, Historia. It's got a bunch of mythical dudes in it like Don Quixote and the Green Knight. Paywall doesnt seem too bad as the give you random guaranteed S-grade heroes through the campaign. I've used a lot of gold though and only managed to get two A-class so maybe spend on something else or wait for an event thing

I started playing this too. It's alright, and I don't really feel any pressure to buy premium currency, though I may eventually if I keep playing it. My only complaint is that the story is terrible and man oh man this game makes me appreciate silent protagonists. The player's character speaks (as in has lines, not like they're voiced), and their personality is just awful. Luckily this game lets you just skip story segments, so it isn't a big issue.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Morpheus posted:

Has anyone tried Puzzle Forge 2? I keep seeing it while playing Hungry Cat Picross, and was wondering if it was any good.

I've played it for a while. I haven't gotten super far, but I do enjoy the puzzling in it. I find it takes a bit more focus than a lot of the match 3-ish games out there, which is a nice change of pace.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Morter posted:

Triple Town? I don't remember if it can be played without a connection, but even so it shouldn't need to talk to the server much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A port of 90s shooter Terminal Velocity has been quietly released on the Play Store.