Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Alouicious posted:

you west coast assholes will learn soon enough, dunkin donuts is fuckin poo poo

it's here and it sucks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Something popular? Let's all hate it! -Goons

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Embassy Suites by Seaport Village.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Volkerball posted:

Krispy kreme is where it's at.

I put on probably 10 pounds from the one in Tuscaloosa

It's always super busy so they literally roll out of the oven into your car

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
All donuts suck unless they're made by a family and come in a pink box. I will defend this until I die.

(even though I can't eat donuts anymore :sigh: )

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Some of us don't have the luxury of family-owned artisanal donut boutiques and Dunkin' makes perfectly acceptable and good donuts that aren't apocalyptically sweet like Krispy Kreme. Also their coffee is good.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's loving fried bread with frosting on and/or in it. Who the gently caress cares where it comes from, as long as it's fresh.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
All donuts are messy overrated sugar bombs

except donut holes, those are good and fun

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Chargers and the Mayor and city attorneys are supposed to be meeting today or tomorrow in San Diego.

Nov 6, 2002

Febreeze posted:

All donuts are messy overrated sugar bombs

except donut holes, those are good and fun

And they're so small you can eat a dozen!

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

NC-17 posted:

It's loving fried bread with frosting on and/or in it. Who the gently caress cares where it comes from, as long as it's fresh.

Dunkin donuts arrive frozen, so fresh is kind of... not an option there.

Real talk donut holes are the best htings in the world, because sometimes I want deep fried cake, but not a whole lot of it.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Spoeank posted:

All donuts suck unless they're made by a family and come in a pink box. I will defend this until I die.

(even though I can't eat donuts anymore :sigh: )

Whole grain wheat toast on the other hand is pretty awesome

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The City of Oakland has said they won't put any public money into a stadium.

If I'm Mark Davis, I'm already calling Stan Kroenke and asking how much my rent is going to be.

Football. Stadiums. LA. San Diego. Oakland.

GopherFlats
Mar 16, 2011
So if the Rams and Raiders actually shared a stadium together how would that work when they eventually have to play each other? How would it get decided who the actual "home" team is, flip of a coin?

Also what about season ticket holders for that game?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

GopherFlats posted:

So if the Rams and Raiders actually shared a stadium together how would that work when they eventually have to play each other? How would it get decided who the actual "home" team is, flip of a coin?

Also what about season ticket holders for that game?

Just like the Jets and Giants. It'll depend on the scheduling rotation. Every four years, the host team will rotate.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Rasczak posted:

Whole grain wheat toast on the other hand is pretty awesome

Whoa easy there fella next thing you're gonna be telling us is that you add some butter to it "when you're feeling naughty"

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The best donut place is this little 24 hour shack in Newport Beach called Seaside. :colbert:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ross Angeles posted:

The City of Oakland has said they won't put any public money into a stadium.

If I'm Mark Davis, I'm already calling Stan Kroenke and asking how much my rent is going to be.

Football. Stadiums. LA. San Diego. Oakland.

gently caress you too Oakland.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ross Angeles posted:

Something popular? Let's all hate it! -Goons

Agreed. The Seahawks actually rule a lot and you all are just being contrary children by not hopping on the bandwagon.

This is good logic.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Agreed. The Seahawks actually rule a lot and you all are just being contrary children by not hopping on the bandwagon.

This is good logic.

It applies to the Patriots too

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ross Angeles posted:

It applies to the Patriots too

I like the Patriots*.

*minus Brady, Belichick, and Kraft, you know, the only faces that really matter since they're going to trade Gronk in two years, right before his body breaks permanently

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

TubeStank posted:

Whoa easy there fella next thing you're gonna be telling us is that you add some butter to it "when you're feeling naughty"

Nah, I put organic peanut butter on toast almost every time I make it!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

All donuts are good especially if they're made by a family and come in a pink box. I will defend this until I die.

ftfy

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Get ready for the San Diego Raiders
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/jun/04/raiders-chargers-spanos-mark-davis-carr-rivers/

Embassy Suites next to the convention center.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I live in OC and there's been some Dunkin Donuts around here as long as I can remember, didn't realize it was a big deal :confused:

...then again the only time I think I've ever eaten them is at a bus station in Korea.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ahahahahaha if this happens, oh my God.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-nfl-meeting-august-move-to-la-20150604-story.html

quote:

NFL team owners will meet in Chicago on Aug. 11 to discuss the progress of stadium projects in Oakland, San Diego, St. Louis and NFL hopeful Los Angeles, according to NFL.com.

Those first three cities stand to lose the Raiders, Chargers and Rams, respectively, if they are unable to reach agreeable terms on new digs for their teams, all of which have already begun exploring other options in L.A.

The next owners meeting had been set for October, but with the potential for a franchise -- or three -- moving to L.A., an additional meeting has been scheduled.

Rams owner Stan Kroenke in January revealed plans to build a $1.86-billion stadium in Inglewood, where Hollywood Park used to stand, to house his team instead of the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis, which has lost its shine.

Also unhappy with their current situations, the Chargers and Raiders have teamed up on a joint, $1.7-billion stadium venture in Carson.

The very suggestion of moving to L.A. has put pressure on the teams' current cities to come up with new detailed plans for the future, and now the NFL is checking in on said plans.

St. Louis has a proposal for a $1-billion Mississippi riverfront stadium. The only problem lies in paying for the project. Missouri and St. Louis County still owe $100 million on the Rams' current stadium and Gov. Jay Nixon is seeking an additional $250 million in funds from taxpayers to fund the new one.

In San Diego, the Chargers met with city officials earlier this week for the first time since the city unveiled a $1.1-billion project in Mission Valley to appease the Bolts, who could very well bolt.

There really hasn't been much on the stadium front in Oakland.

Businessman Floyd Kephart has been assigned the task of coming up with a plan to secure $400 million of the estimated $900 million it would take to pay for a new stadium on the current site of Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum.

Kephart hasn't said exactly how that would be done, but he's facing a June 21 deadline to come up with a plan. But if he fails that doesn't mean Oakland is giving up.

"If a deal with Floyd Kephart doesn't happen, we are open to other options," Oakland-Alameda County Stadium Authority Executive Director Scott McKibben told ESPN. "And we are prepared to do quickly if that occurs."

The earliest any team could move to L.A. would be 2016 and only then with the approval of three-quarters of the NFL owners.

For now, we'll keep our eye on the clock.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Qualcomm Stadium as a temporary home beats Oakland's Coliseum.

The faintest praise.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If the Raiders leave Oakland and move to Qualcomm, they would literally be moving from the worst stadium in the NFL to the worst stadium in the NFL.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Ahahahahaha if this happens, oh my God.

What the gently caress would I even do.

The Fan Rules wouldn't apply since this hasn't ever happened

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

If the Raiders leave Oakland and move to Qualcomm, they would literally be moving from the worst stadium in the NFL to the worst stadium in the NFL.

Haha

Edit
If the Chargers leave somehow but the Raiders stick in Qualcomm for a few years, what does Ross do?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Haha

Edit
If the Chargers leave somehow but the Raiders stick in Qualcomm for a few years, what does Ross do?

/Saw music

Game Over

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Chichevache posted:

Haha

Edit

mods pls change Ross Angeles to Raider Ross. tia.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Did any of you actually read that Raiders article, it's literally a fantasy scenario dreamed up by sports radio goons

Also any columnist who puts "Hmmm...." in his headline should be loving fired on the spot

Nov 6, 2002

Could someone clarify what the hell is actually happening because it seems like every week there's a different group making another announcement to build *something* in a different place for a different team. Like what has actually been verified?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

NC-17 posted:

Could someone clarify what the hell is actually happening because it seems like every week there's a different group making another announcement to build *something* in a different place for a different team. Like what has actually been verified?

As far as I know Stan Kroenke is the only owner who's actually spent his own money working on an LA stadium, so it seems like the Rams are as good as gone. His stadium plan is set up for two teams to share the stadium, although that might just be because he really wants to move and knows the NFL would theoretically like two teams in LA.

e: Words are hard

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 5, 2015

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

old dog child posted:

The best donut place is this little 24 hour shack in Newport Beach called Seaside. :colbert:

I'll be sure to never rob the bank next door.

St Louis needs to be the only LA team. Raiders and Chargers belong where they are. :smith:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

St. Louis: Have a plan but no money, also the team's owner owns land in LA and is gonna build a stadium.

San Diego: Have a plan and are currently negotiating with the city on the financing. Also jointly own 168 acres in Carson, 157 of which are a toxic waste dump.

Oakland: Team has no money, City of Oakland says they won't finance anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

I'll be sure to never rob the bank next door.

California cops hang out at Starbucks, not doughnut places.:gay:

• Locked thread