Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, that was a major "PULL UP! ABORT ABORT!" moment. Thankfully they did.

Literally the first thing I'd listened to after renewing my subscription and they almost lost it right there, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Dave Meltzer posted:

Cena showed footage this past week of himself doing a 440 pound bench press and 352 pound snatch. That's not a sexual reference.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Wowzers. In all legitimacy I don't think anything beats the Squat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi09320D3E8

I love the video description.

quote:

WWE Superstar john cena squat 600 pounds suggesting that wrestling involves strength and power

Wrestling may in fact involve strength and power? Hmmm....

EDIT: it's wrong about the weight though

Cena posted:

To clear up all the false interpretation that has derived from the pause squat video, bar weight is 396 pounds or 180 kilos. Thank you.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jun 4, 2015

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

If you want to hear Tom Lawlor breathing into his loving phone then you'll love the new Observer Radio.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

njsykora posted:

If you want to hear Tom Lawlor breathing into his loving phone then you'll love the new Observer Radio.

I do and I did. Lawlor popping Dave on the podcast never gets old to me.

Jerusalem posted:

I really, really enjoyed the Jim Ross/Bret Hart interview, I feel his shows have been a hell of a lot better recently.

Absolute highlight of the interview was (paraphrased):

Bret Hart: Teddy Hart is killing professional wrestling!

What's Bret's audio like? Every single podcast I've ever heard Bret on has him sounding like he's both dying and in the middle of eating while talking on a cellphone in a subway tunnel.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I skipped the UFC stuff, but that was a fun WO show. Dave's havin fun out there Maggle, I love it

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

triplexpac posted:

I skipped the UFC stuff, but that was a fun WO show. Dave's havin fun out there Maggle, I love it

Oh but there were so many sick Lawlor burns though!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

LordPants posted:

Oh but there were so many sick Lawlor burns though!

I did catch the bit where Lawlor was complaining about unequal treatment of fighters, and Dave told him "better fighters get better treatment, it's always been this way" haha.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Lawlor was on a roll for observer radio today. He really got Dave going.

Did anyone listen to the lance show? Is it worth a listen?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

mariooncrack posted:

Lawlor was on a roll for observer radio today. He really got Dave going.

I did, the first 5 minutes they talk about people bitching about Cena's promo on Monday. Then they talk about when Lance advised TNA and ROH. I don't think Lance said anything bad, was pretty fun.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Cornette's podcast today includes both a summary of lolrusso from TNA and Kenny Bolin.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

That's a really loving good snatch. I just started doing snatches and they are still a bit terrifying.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I almost forgot about the part of the WO that almost got me hit by a streetcar this morning - "Matt Jackson just had a baby.....Does that make me an uncle?"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

I almost forgot about the part of the WO that almost got me hit by a streetcar this morning - "Matt Jackson just had a baby.....Does that make me an uncle?"

I enjoyed the mental image of the Meltzer house overrun with Young Buck Babies doing unnecessary flips off all the furniture.

Or maybe I'm the only one who pictured that when Bryan mentioned Dave being the kids godfather

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Re: The latest Observer Show, I haven't had a chance to watch Lucha Underground yet so I almost skipped Dave's recap. Do NOT skip Dave's recap, it's great.

mariooncrack posted:

It was fun, Lance gets in some really neat dry humor digs on Bryan, and his explanation of the difference in how TNA and ROH dealt with his feedback (that THEY requested) is pretty interesting.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

njsykora posted:

Yeah this B&V&C is if not at then very close to peak 40 year old men acting like schoolkids. Also Bryan took the Network whining to a point where even I wanted to punch him in the face. There was a burial of Babinsack though.

Their reaction to the drop where a bunch of words were needlessly censored made me very uncomfortable.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Chris Hero extra interview with Dave sitting in was really good, I especially enjoyed his stuff about NOAH and how it's changed over time, plus a few fun Claudio stories.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Can Chris Hero survive a 2 hour wrestling match :stare:

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Finding that out is the draw!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

Their reaction to the drop where a bunch of words were needlessly censored made me very uncomfortable.

i thought it was funny

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Jerusalem posted:

The Chris Hero extra interview with Dave sitting in was really good, I especially enjoyed his stuff about NOAH and how it's changed over time, plus a few fun Claudio stories.

Yeah I was going to chime in with this, I really enjoyed the interview. Has Hero done a more in-depth interview on his time in NXT before, on Cabana's show or anywhere?

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Cardboard Box posted:

i thought it was funny

The drop was funny but it sounded like they were masturbating to it

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Do they still do that stupid King of the Board competition on The Board?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I was going to chime in with this, I really enjoyed the interview. Has Hero done a more in-depth interview on his time in NXT before, on Cabana's show or anywhere?

The Bittercast

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

triplexpac posted:

Do they still do that stupid King of the Board competition on The Board?

I don't think so, if they do no one seems to really care about it.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Talk is Jericho with Axl Rotten was really good. For all the chairshots and heroin abuse he's endured, Axl is shockingly well-spoken.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Cornette's podcast today includes both a summary of lolrusso from TNA and Kenny Bolin.

Cornette going off on Russo is a work of goddamn art. :allears:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

like I feel bad for Russo because he's clearly mentally ill but at the same time, some of the poo poo he's pulled over the years is inexcusable, no matter what his mental state is.

also for a writer, he's probably one of the most illiterate fucks I've ever seen.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
We need some "Kenny Bolin taught me what a screw job was" t-shirts.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

PaybackJack posted:

We need some "Kenny Bolin taught me what a screw job was" t-shirts.

I'm a Col. Sanders Guy

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
"I wouldn't believe you if your tongue was notorized."

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I don't know where they come up with these stories but it's now canon that Kenny Bolin will trade knockoff merchandise for a dozen hamburgers cooked in a trailer in a Popeye's parking lot and then make Jim buy him Popeye's anyway. I love when they just start going back and forth cracking each other up and Alice has no clue what's even going on anymore.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Luigi Thirty posted:

I don't know where they come up with these stories but it's now canon that Kenny Bolin will trade knockoff merchandise for a dozen hamburgers cooked in a trailer in a Popeye's parking lot and then make Jim buy him Popeye's anyway. I love when they just start going back and forth cracking each other up and Alice has no clue what's even going on anymore.

its funnier because the routine they're doing can be seen in any breakfast diner/truck stop south of Louisville.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Luigi Thirty posted:

I don't listen to Jim's show often, but I laughed when Alice tried to make a joke during the Dave podcast and he completely no-sold it and kept talking to Jim.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Muddy Burphy posted:

I don't listen to Jim's show often, but I laughed when Alice tried to make a joke during the Dave podcast and he completely no-sold it and kept talking to Jim.

well it doesn't help that she sits there in total silence for 40 minutes then randomly chirps in and scares the poo poo out of you like that person who would creep on a conference call.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Ryan from Cumberland reading and believing InfoWars is the least surprising thing of all time.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Alex Jones told Ryan from Cumberland Maryland that Mickie James is on CIA mind control drugs.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
"Stupid Nick Aldis," - Sempervive

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Muddy Burphy posted:

"Stupid Nick Aldis," - Sempervive

"I wish we knew what GHB did but unfortunately Chris Adams isn't around to tell us..." -Sempervive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Vinny needs to hire a clown for Bryan's birthday party