Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

Kazvall posted:

Oh lord.

Hahahahaha nice. When did pets' LoS get fixed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

PriNGLeS posted:

Hahahahaha nice. When did pets' LoS get fixed?

1.87 it looks like. I had honestly forgotten about it until I read that grab bag and then wow. Memories of living in fear of SM pets came rushing back to me. Crazy poo poo like blowing SOS for a full group, finding a safe place to stealth up, and like 5 minutes later some loving loggery man that was charmed comes and finds you.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Kazvall posted:

1.87 it looks like. I had honestly forgotten about it until I read that grab bag and then wow. Memories of living in fear of SM pets came rushing back to me. Crazy poo poo like blowing SOS for a full group, finding a safe place to stealth up, and like 5 minutes later some loving loggery man that was charmed comes and finds you.

Glorious free rps from grey druid pets.

Shux
Feb 25, 2012

Join Freestyle Cyclists and help repeal Australia's unjustified Helmet laws.

Studies have shown cars travel much closer to cyclists wearing helmets, arguably increasing the risk of an accident.

Kazvall posted:

I probably broke a keyboard over that back in the day but now I want to experience that joy again.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Ugh. I had 7 free days on live so I hopped in. The game is still somewhat fun but I hate zerging and that's the only groups I can seem to get. On mid the only people picking me up were the Xyorman zerg. On hib I asked for a group for a while and nobody responded whatsoever so I just eventually gave up.

Molvik is still fun-ish when you get the one or two solo fights between getting killed by 2 full groups of hibs.

I want to have fun again DAoC stop being terrible.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

Combo posted:

Ugh. I had 7 free days on live so I hopped in. The game is still somewhat fun but I hate zerging and that's the only groups I can seem to get. On mid the only people picking me up were the Xyorman zerg. On hib I asked for a group for a while and nobody responded whatsoever so I just eventually gave up.

Molvik is still fun-ish when you get the one or two solo fights between getting killed by 2 full groups of hibs.

I want to have fun again DAoC stop being terrible.

Grouping is very cliquey on live now. It's really hard to get quality groups that don't involve BG's. I know they're also working on the LFG window to make it easier to use and find groups, so the devs are definitely aware.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Yeah, its bad, or seems to be. The only time zerging is fun is when you run into another zerg and have a huge fight but that's so few and far between.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Live/DAoC in general has quite literally always been cliquey. If you don't make good impressions on people you never get groups again. Try hanging out in whatever IRC is used/post on postcount.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

"I WILL DEVOUR 100 GENERATIONS OF YOUR FAMILY!"

PriNGLeS posted:

Live/DAoC in general has quite literally always been cliquey. If you don't make good impressions on people you never get groups again. Try hanging out in whatever IRC is used/post on postcount.

I remember one time just before we took over the Cult with goons where I was invited to group with some guys who definitely had this mentality but needed another DPS. A couple evenings later I was invited back to group with them and someone else in the group on Vent asked "who's this scrub?" or something. One of the guys from the previous group replied, "It's okay! We've grouped with him before." :c00l:

What none of them knew was this was right after returning to the game after a few years hiatus and I was wearing junk gear with horrible stats and resist holes. If they had, well...

People are silly.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

On the other hand you have groups like Taunting Fate or whatever that guild was that happily dragged my low RR eld around when they had an extra dps spot available and were extra nice. That may have just been because I was in Cult and they liked you guys though, I don't know. Really I think once you get in and run with someone a few times, as long as you aren't pants on head retarded, breaking mezz and nearsighting tanks or whatever you're probably fine.

Finding a good group to run with is amazing fun, its just a lot harder now when you're in and out of the game and don't really make permanent friends or anything.

Combo fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 13, 2015

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Cult groups were a poo poo ton of fun. Even doing labby where we would get steamrolled by bigtyme's zerg.

Trying to find a group as a soloer or "unknown", e.x not making 50 posts an hour on vnbboards, is like eating rusty nails and then pooping them out and eating them again and pooping them out.

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

Twlight posted:

Grouping is very cliquey on live now. It's really hard to get quality groups that don't involve BG's. I know they're also working on the LFG window to make it easier to use and find groups, so the devs are definitely aware.

I did a few months resub a while back and never really had any issues getting 8v8 groups. I'd just hop in the bg, whoever had it, and after a few days of talking/casually grouping I had a pretty steady 8v8 that ACTUALLY took my animist

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

That said, I found Hib to be a lot more open to this.

Alb had a BG and zerged with it with a few groups that were very, very set.

Mid had a BG wherein a few 8v8s got mad at each other for assjammin

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

"I WILL DEVOUR 100 GENERATIONS OF YOUR FAMILY!"
For anyone not following the live DAoC news, Broadsword set up a swag shop if you need some DAoC paraphernalia. We may or may not have ordered some new t-shirts already.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Make some women's panties with the Albion cup and I'll buy a few pairs.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

SERPUS posted:

Make some women's panties with the Albion cup and I'll buy a few pairs.

Don't stop twisting those chants, Serpus! Mmmm feels good.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Rannison posted:

I did a few months resub a while back and never really had any issues getting 8v8 groups. I'd just hop in the bg, whoever had it, and after a few days of talking/casually grouping I had a pretty steady 8v8 that ACTUALLY took my animist

Its 8:30 pm cst and there's no BG up at all, and not a single soul has responded to my lfg chat in like 15 minutes (in hib).

I've been playing mid but its just so drat boring to run with the Xyorman zerg every night. Oh boy 3k RP an hour.

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

Any Cult players left playing? ButtaKnife and LoreofSerpents maybe, eh eh? Hope you all are well. Jeahs here just checking in to see whats up. I was the Light Eldritch among other alts I was obsessed with, when we had a good amount of goons in Cult.

Been reading the thread a bit since people started talking more.

Hoping Uthgard materializes sometime! I always get the itch to play Live again but I worry what the population is like.

Also still very much looking forward to Camelot Unchained. Hoping they have the resources and ability to do great things with it!

edit: Oh also hey Kazvall. I remember playing with you too, are you playing?

Opinionated fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 22, 2015

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Were you the eld that would be doing draco runs like 24x7? If so, i hope you didn't take me teasing you about it 24x7 serious.

I just resubbed, messing around on gaehris.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
I don't think Uthgard will come to fruition.

That being said, I do have an itch to beat on my drum again.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'll be doing that stupid d2 ladder reset until I get bored and hope uthgard or cu beta comes out by then.

DrLaserfalcon
Nov 7, 2010
This game swallowed about three years of my life at one point.

And all devoted to a non-optimally specced Elven Champion. Used to solo in PvP with ghetto stealth (hiding behind trees) waiting for people to hunt mobs before jumping out and mugging them.

I've checked in over the years, but it seems like most of the PvP action is in the Labyrinth now, which is only viable solo for stealthers. The traditional frontiers (even in NF) seem like a ghost town.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

i'm just screwing around but if more than 1 other goon wants to do something im down. Got 50's on all 3 realms.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004

DrLaserfalcon posted:

This game swallowed about three years of my life at one point.

I think I played for 4 years straight when it first launched in 2001, then I've played at least once a year for the last 10 years.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

SERPUS posted:

I don't think Uthgard will come to fruition.

That being said, I do have an itch to beat on my drum again.

Uthgard will come back, if I have to fly to Germany and suck blue's dick I will.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Half the reason I don't log on to live is so I don't feel tempted to type /played on all my chars.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

madpanda posted:

i'm just screwing around but if more than 1 other goon wants to do something im down. Got 50's on all 3 realms.

I'm playing some hib but mostly mid because that's where I can get groups. I would love to zerg bust with a hib group, just haven't seen one yet

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

madpanda posted:

Were you the eld that would be doing draco runs like 24x7? If so, i hope you didn't take me teasing you about it 24x7 serious.

I just resubbed, messing around on gaehris.

I don't think that was me, although I did play a lot. I did a good amount of draco runs but not all that many I think. I was an elf eldritch light spec. I remember playing with you some. Had a lot of fun with our raids and gearing in Cult.

DrLaserfalcon
Nov 7, 2010

SERPUS posted:

I think I played for 4 years straight when it first launched in 2001, then I've played at least once a year for the last 10 years.

Serpus, your name sounds familiar to me. Does Skystrider ring a bell? Hibernia Percival?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

DrLaserfalcon posted:

Serpus, your name sounds familiar to me. Does Skystrider ring a bell? Hibernia Percival?

I think he played Albion perc as Solaris or something. Bastard got the apoc sword in si beta and on perc.

This Camelot Unchained alpha preview has me pretty excited. Considering spending 60 for beta 1 access as they might have it up by august/september.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004

DrLaserfalcon posted:

Yes! I was an Alb there. I think I also remember your name from the VN boards.

And yes, I did end up with the original Apoc sword ... which I still have! Its on my paladin now. Its certainly not as great as a summoners sword, or a really well crafted 2-hander, but it has a unique model and bright yellow flames. A few years ago when I reupped, I wore it on my 2h hogre armsman, and the model scaled to the size of the ogre, and it was huuuuge.

DrLaserfalcon
Nov 7, 2010
Awesomes.

In other news, my friends just alerted me to the Kickstarter for Camelot Unchained -- http://camelotunchained.com/v2/

God help us all.

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

I hadn't seen that alpha footage that's on their donation page. Looks as though it's headed in the right direction. Especially impressed with how well the systems seem to be working in alpha. Granted the people in the castle siege footage are the only ones on that server I bet, but it still gets me excited! I definitely get an old school rvr vibe from it.

Glad I backed it. Please be good

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I hope their not married to the buttwing demon design.

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I hope their not married to the buttwing demon design.

Agreed. Its really off-putting.

Everything else looks great though and I can't wait.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Camelot Unchained: Boob Sliders and Buttwings

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I hate to say it but if CU is any good and out before or around the same time as Uthgard then I'll probably be playing that. Actually, if they don't have a proper stealth mechanic then I'm not playing. No joke.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

What is your definition of a proper stealth mechanic?

Watching my friend one shot greys and not drop stealth was p cool in the early days, but gently caress playing against that poo poo.

I haven't been following CU updates much, is that veil system still planned?

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Watching people one shot greys was hilarious, especially in the early days when everyone was still leveling.

My roommate used to sit in the ant valley near the Hib border keep and wipe out swarms of little hibbies.

I just remembered his other thing: sitting in Frontier portal keeps, one shotting people zoning in.

SERPUS fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Basically the stealth mechanic from dark age.

• Locked thread