Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
my uncle invented water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

mad.radhu posted:

my uncle invented water

my uncle invented oxygen

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

unsweetened seltzer or mineral water always tastes super bitter to me. Like I know it's not supposed to be sweet like soda but it tastes obnoxiously bitter, more so than just water

Like, is CO2 super bitter if you don't have anything else in there, too?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
:quig:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PipeRifle posted:

unsweetened seltzer or mineral water always tastes super bitter to me. Like I know it's not supposed to be sweet like soda but it tastes obnoxiously bitter, more so than just water

Like, is CO2 super bitter if you don't have anything else in there, too?

some of the co2 dissolved in water will be in the form of carbonic acid, so it lowers the ph and we generally taste acid as sour, i wonder if thats the effect youre wondering about

its the "bite" that flat coke doesnt have

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wtaer without fizz makes me feel nauseous unless i am super thirsty

carbonated water is a great way to drink plenty of water

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

echinopsis posted:

wtaer without fizz makes me feel nauseous

evolution is trying to tell you something

:getout:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

echinopsis posted:

wtaer without fizz makes me feel nauseous unless i am super thirsty

lol

e:

Chorrax posted:

lol exercise has almost no effect on weight loss so good luck with that

loooooool

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 5, 2015

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

I have often been accused of having hosed up taste buds because I say things are bitter and other people say they are sour but not bitter. I feel like plain soda water or seltzer is bitter, astringent, like chewing a tylenol - bitter

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

echinopsis posted:

carbonated water is a great way to drink plenty of water

:agreed:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

at the date posted:

lol

e:

loooooool

e depends opn the time of day. wen i wake up - yeah definitely. i can drink coffee, carbonated water, energy drinks, coca cola... but water? anything more than a few sips and it makes me feel nauseous.

ever tasted cactus juice? its not that bad but its bad

as the day progresses i can drink more water thats flat.. but its gross. its like wiping your rear end with bark rather than paper

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:agreed:^2

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

gotta strongly disagree on plain water tho. it's not very interesting sure but i still like it. maybe you live in an area with lovely tap water

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

KoRMaK posted:

Hey cool, good for zachtronics. You'd think he'd kill himself or notch for giving infiniminer an MIT license lol

infiniminer's license is irrelevant. notch didn't take code or assets, just mechanics, and game mechanics aren't protected under IP law.

zach barth is a cool guy. kind of funny that the game he probably put the most time + effort + money into is the one that people talk the least about, but that's the way the world works sometimes.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

if any of you think that exercising doesnt help you lose weight then youve got brain problems and are probably fat

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i like plain water just pointing out that you have many options other than 64oz of soda (diet or otherwise) from your local gas station

mineral water
unsweetened ice tea
tea
coffee
cucumber water
water with a lemon squeezed into it

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i like to eat 3 eggs fried in an ounce of butter, some cornflakes with chocolate bits, an avocado and a banana, a big glass of fruit juice, some chocolate with whole hazelnuts, and then burn it all off whilst sporting the sunglasses from the popular "deal with it" meme

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

PipeRifle posted:

I have often been accused of having hosed up taste buds because I say things are bitter and other people say they are sour but not bitter. I feel like plain soda water or seltzer is bitter, astringent, like chewing a tylenol - bitter

quinine is bitter

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
wheetabix....ftw....

it makes you post better

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
i love tonic water a lot but it's really no different than any other sugary drink. thinking about making my own without added sugar.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Valeyard posted:

wheetabix....ftw....

it makes you post better

gotta have 4 a day to get your recommended daily fibre intake

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

how fat are most of you lol

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

peepsalot posted:

quinine is bitter

yeah drinking certain kinds of tonic water makes my jaw muscles seize up from bitterness I DON'T KNOW WHY

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

:quig:
:yosbutt:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

THC posted:

gotta strongly disagree on plain water tho. it's not very interesting sure but i still like it. maybe you live in an area with lovely tap water

apparenyl where i live we have quite good water, you can definitely taste lovely water in most other places i go

admittedly im a piece of poo poo who is too used to other things., i know its bad, but i am content with carbonated water

Awia posted:

if any of you think that exercising doesnt help you lose weight then youve got brain problems and are probably fat

its insignificant compared to diet and people should exercise to be healthier and fitter coz if they do it to lose weight they will be mega disappointed

i literally spoke to dude yesterday, about 45 or 50, dr told him to lose weight, he was starting a anti hyoertensive. i asked him how he was going to lose weight. he said he'd jump on the treadmill

you cant honestly tell me, if thats what he does, that he'll have virtually any success

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Linux Pirate posted:

how fat are most of you lol

i'm pretty goddamn fat but even i have the presence of mind to not drink loving soda

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Exercise doesn't help you lose weight, which is why soldiers just out of basic training, where you eat tons of food and exercise all day, are all disgusting fatbodies.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

echinopsis posted:

i literally spoke to dude yesterday, about 45 or 50, dr told him to lose weight, he was starting a anti hyoertensive. i asked him how he was going to lose weight. he said he'd jump on the treadmill

you cant honestly tell me, if thats what he does, that he'll have virtually any success

ah, wasn't aware antihypertensives would make weight loss harder. that's probabhy why poo poo got harder on hrt. it's like 3 things against me from just 2 medications and their overall effects :supaburn:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Literally no pics on this page, gas

pram
Jun 10, 2001

maniacdevnull posted:

Literally no pics on this page, gas

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

:pram:
:yosbutt:

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
http://i.imgur.com/UN6A3tf.webm

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

at the date posted:

Exercise doesn't help you lose weight, which is why soldiers just out of basic training are all disgusting fatbodies

exercise can contribute to it but the body does this thing where it tries to replenish spent calories - ie exercise and get hungrier

if combined with good diet it can help but just doing exercise on their normal lifestyle isnt going to make a massive differenence

go read about marathoners with pot bnellys

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

ah, wasn't aware antihypertensives would make weight loss harder. that's probabhy why poo poo got harder on hrt. it's like 3 things against me from just 2 medications and their overall effects :supaburn:

there are many classes of anti hypertensives but i dont think of them making weight loss hard but HRT will make weight loss much harder coz it makes you way hungrier.

anti pyschotics, anti depresseants and hormone poo poo tends to make you gain weight. not much else though

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ZATO-1 coming along nicely

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

want to see that morbidly obese goon that does katana practice on bottles of water square off against this thing

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

I was never really hungry a lot, I just ate lots of things becuase eating made me feel good. I need that a lot less now. I'm not eating enough, actually.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

























Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Look at this potbellied idiot who thought exercise would offset his 8000 calorie diet

pram
Jun 10, 2001
DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
he literally spends like half or more of his day exercising intensely

• Locked thread