Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Caidin posted:

Setting up a one on one smack down on the apparent hero like this makes me think Rosie is trying to goad NK into intervening.

http://ask.fm/gigideegee/answer/128077923042

Q: The way Rosemaster is singling out Almond here, is she the first in a line of DMs who take her self-asserted leader role seriously? Or will she be an exception?

A: rosemaster is doing the opposite of taking almond seriously

The Ask here makes me think that she is just toying with her, I mean how often has Rosemaster had any power in hundreds of cycles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Stormgale posted:

http://ask.fm/gigideegee/answer/128077923042

Q: The way Rosemaster is singling out Almond here, is she the first in a line of DMs who take her self-asserted leader role seriously? Or will she be an exception?

A: rosemaster is doing the opposite of taking almond seriously

The Ask here makes me think that she is just toying with her, I mean how often has Rosemaster had any power in hundreds of cycles?

Well until recently she had the local kingdom thoroughly mindfucked and had a couple prisoners. I mean if it's just sadism the opportunity was there.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Caidin posted:

Well until recently she had the local kingdom thoroughly mindfucked and had a couple prisoners. I mean if it's just sadism the opportunity was there.

Well we know the disaster masters get to toy with the kingdom before the hero shows up but this might matter? Or this could be part of the long game of dealing with them with a convoluted plan.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Stormgale posted:

Well we know the disaster masters get to toy with the kingdom before the hero shows up but this might matter? Or this could be part of the long game of dealing with them with a convoluted plan.

I think we're actually at the end point of the convoluted plan. Brainwash the applicable heroes into getting the crocus for you because holy poo poo the guardner is terrifying, then roid up and smash everyone and make dad(?) proud.

The reason I think shes up to something beyond loving with Almond is because she's basically doing exactly what she would have if Glitch Master hadn't revealed the scam.

it just seems kinda weird to me.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

She seems to have chosen to trust the Nightmare Knight and betray Glitchmaster.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

She seems to have chosen to trust the Nightmare Knight and betray Glitchmaster.

Yeah, I read it as Rosemaster just being too loyal towards NK even against GM's evidence.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

She could just want to finally have a victory on her turf, whether or not NK is on the level.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Or maybe she's gonna have her "kill the hero" cake and eat it too. "Eating it" in this metaphor means not trusting NK and using the power boost to try and take him on.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Or maybe she took a big hit of pure magical power and is acting on her power trip over any rational thought.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Or maybe she figures is she's gotta go out she may as well make it the most dramatic and fabulous end ever. Right now she's the most powerful Disaster Master, she's going to be the boss fight everyone remembers.

Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-621/

I was a fool for hoping carrot was doing something in the background

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Hahaha, busted.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He was doing something. Peeing your pants is something.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Oh my god that little nerd.

ONE JOB, CARROT. ONE. JOB.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I'm thinking that RM is gonna 'win' the battle and then just give up and retreat to her stone because apparently that's what NK wants and she obeys NK. Just a kind of "let it be known that I could have won" shout out to her boss. It's gonna be sad :smith:

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011
Carrot is doing a better job of instilling hopelessness than any of the Disaster Masters so far. Jesus.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

So place your bets. Will Sir Carrot do something, anything? Or will something else happen to save Almond and everyone will forever know that he would watch a crying child get murdered by giant plant lady and do nothing.

The second thing sounds way too homestuck. I hope he manages the courage to do some really distracting crying and groveling that saves Almond.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
He's of course going to have a really heroic moment eventually, the question is just whether this is the "things have gone far enough", or the capstone on the "Carrot is a spineless coward" character flaw thing.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
God DAMNIT, Carrot. I was sad for you when you didn't chase the Crocus when Cucumber told you to, but this is just downright shameful :mad:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Whitenoise Poster posted:

So place your bets. Will Sir Carrot do something, anything? Or will something else happen to save Almond and everyone will forever know that he would watch a crying child get murdered by giant plant lady and do nothing.

The second thing sounds way too homestuck. I hope he manages the courage to do some really distracting crying and groveling that saves Almond.

Option C: Gigi is about to go all Madoka on us :ohdear:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm actually kind of pleased, because not many stories handle fear as something that actually causes major characters to choke humiliatingly on something plot-important.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Oh my god I hadn't even considered this you monster.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Carrot's the best

PassingPie
Aug 18, 2013
Well it's obvious that things have come to a head for poor Carrot. It looks like Gigi's set this up to give him a chance to gather his courage and save the day, so I'd be shocked if it turned out differently. If the fight is resolved without his help he might as well be written out of the story entirely.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Captain Oblivious posted:

Option C is actually a creepypasta.

"I bought this haunted copy of Paper Mario Cucumber Quest at a yard sale but around the third Disaster Master the game totally glitched out and my players wouldn't move and there was HYPER-REALISTIC NOIR LIGHTING EVERYWHERE."

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Gigi has repeated stated that she wants Cucumber Quest to be all ages so I'm 100% positive we are not going to have Rosemaster's long delicate fingers dripping with blood.

I'm pretty sure Carrot will do SOMETHING, even if it isn't really... meaningful? Maybe just acting as a decoy for even 10 seconds will let Almond cut herself free.

I am predicting that the Guardener will show up to try and even the scales. Maybe his Guardlings will be able to defend against status effects, allowing the whole team to be awake and contribute?

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.
I don't think anyone really thinks Rose Master is about to bite Almonds head off.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Carrot's gonna put on the dress and-

A) Murder Rosemaster via the horror of silks and satins

B) Summon the Fashion Police to give her a good drubbin'

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I kind of want to see Carrot wimp out here just to complete the character inversion arc.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

life_source posted:

I am predicting that the Guardener will show up to try and even the scales. Maybe his Guardlings will be able to defend against status effects, allowing the whole team to be awake and contribute?

Guardener shows up and hands over Princess Parfait's letter, Carrot reads it and Finds The Courage To Save The Day.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Carrasco posted:

Guardener shows up and hands over Princess Parfait's letter, Carrot reads it and Finds The Courage To Save The Day.

Alternatively, his face is enough to make Rosemaster give up, even when souped up with the Crocus.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I really don't want Carrot to gently caress this one up.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jun 7, 2015

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
It's way too early in the story for Carrot to redeem himself. He needs to gently caress up more first.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'll accept scraping by with a SNAFU. He really needs to up his game from Yamcha to at least Krillin by this point.

Besides that haven't we gotten past the half way mark of masters? If Glitchmaster is no more that's four out of seven.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 7, 2015

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm sure glitchmaster is still alive and probably the final boss, plus even if not we'd still visit the space kingdom

That'd put us halfway through the story right around the end of this chapter, I'd think

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

ConanThe3rd posted:

I'll accept scraping by with a SNAFU. He really needs to up his game from Yamcha to at least Krillin by this point.

Besides that haven't we gotten past the half way mark of masters? If Glitchmaster is no more that's four out of seven.
I was about to say something about Rosemaster not being dead yet.

...I forgot about Mutemaster. :smith:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-622/

Oh nooooo :ohdear:

I blame Carrot for this.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Welp, that went dark in a hurry :stare:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh no.
The worst boss battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
Rosemaster's Puppet:
Almond