Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

Zweihander stats 4* level 51 Purple
HP: 9730 +3610
PA: 1773 +312
PD 1063 +317
MD 1063 +265
Agi: 561 +50
hit: 51.1
Dodge: 337.6 +20
crit: 89.9
reslience: 25
parry: 116.7 +275
hp recover: 780
rage regen: 100

Elder Dwarf stats 2* level 51 Purple
Hp 7891 +2700
PA: 1302 +126
PD: 901 +568
MD: 628 +84
Agi: 427 +110
hit: 61.7
dodge: 220.2
crit: 108.9
reslience: 25
parry: 86.4
hp recover 1430 +2
rage regen: 35

I was wrong about dwarfs hp, thought it was higher. Still a tanky fucker at 2*
Edit: Elder dwarf only had 2 items while zweihander had 4 also.

Cotato fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidRiot
Dec 14, 2007

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man."
app'd as kayaR

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Boozie posted:

What heroes should I be spending guild shop points (or other in game currency) for? Lots posted in thread for angels.

All three of the guild shop heroes are pretty good. Astral Child combines well with good healers to make teams obnoxious. Elder Dwarf seems like a really good tank. Soul Slinger has yet to really impress me, but he can dish out some damage and slow down ultimates with his debuffs. Really depends on what you think you need, they all seem good.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Speaking of healers, is Mermaid worth investing in? She seems a bit "meh" and I am halfway to a Djinn.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Yudo posted:

Speaking of healers, is Mermaid worth investing in? She seems a bit "meh" and I am halfway to a Djinn.

I fought a team that was just a Mermaid, a Djinni, and a Dark Paladin and it was unbreakable without rage theft from Amora for me. I think she gets a lot better at purple.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Yudo posted:

The only reason I am investing in my mermaid is for my 2nd/3rd string teams for islands. She's not bad or anything, just outclassed by Djinni.

e: Having a nice deep roster developed means I might be able to crush to 25 in Angel Trial and then clear the rest on the hardest fights. I also agree with changing to plundering potions. It adds up fast.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I think I want to replace Rose Knight at some point. His damage isn't very good and you mostly rely on the rosesoul blade+rosemary for damage, but he's really tanky, and having him and Dark Paladin as my front line is pretty stupid. My main complaint is that he's kinda vulnerable to CC/magic nukes (although the high dodge/resilience mitigates that a lot). The dwarf intrigues me, I'd be interested in hearing what his stats look like when you're closer to my level.

My Rose Knight stats:
Level 70, purple +1, 5*
HP: 16722+9970
PA: 2377+1044
PD: 1684+1008
MD: 1648+112
AGI: 756+130
Hit: 32.3
Dodge: 574.9+519
Crit: 111.3
Resilience: 32+508
Parry: 183.3+340
HP recover: 700+13
Rage Regen: 50+35

Runes:38/44 HP, 35/44 PA, 38/44 PD, 38/44 dodge, 38/44 resilience

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Echophonic posted:

All three of the guild shop heroes are pretty good. Astral Child combines well with good healers to make teams obnoxious. Elder Dwarf seems like a really good tank. Soul Slinger has yet to really impress me, but he can dish out some damage and slow down ultimates with his debuffs. Really depends on what you think you need, they all seem good.

I got lunar priestess with my 10x. Assuming I skip djinn in arena but not sure. I also have grimbow already.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
It's there a free pull somewhere in the beginning that guarantees you a 3 star? Cause if so I totally missed it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think there's one for an early gem pull, yeah. That's where I got my Astral Child.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

vulturesrow posted:

It's there a free pull somewhere in the beginning that guarantees you a 3 star? Cause if so I totally missed it.

Your first 10x pull (5k diamonds)

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Atalanta is starting to suck. She is basically a way for the other team to generate rage. Her special is like a light tap to the other team.

The best archer and the one I fear more going up against is Night Sentinal. He hits way hard and can wipe out a single toon in one round.

Dark a Paladin to me never seems to be a problem killing. He seems really squishy for some reason and Nether Knight hits hard and is hard to kill.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Echophonic posted:

Soul Slinger has yet to really impress me, but he can dish out some damage and slow down ultimates with his debuffs. Really depends on what you think you need, they all seem good.

I have him at 1 star and am thinking of upgrading him. If "magic burning" fired more often it would be a no brainer; without that skill his damage isn't that great. "Magic stripping" is a nice tank killer too. Keep me apprised with your thoughts as I cant use my guild money on much else.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
What team is best to 3 star Dragon Close? I'm at level 40 right now and working on getting Djinni.

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

Ive had more trouble with nether knights than any other tank, its ridiculous. That shield he gets is on rng and can pop up over and over and then any damage dealt heals him back up. Seems like if you do enough in one attack or something you can pop it though.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tony Homo posted:

Atalanta is starting to suck. She is basically a way for the other team to generate rage. Her special is like a light tap to the other team.

yeah I thought her purple was gonna save her but nope :(

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Do you think rose is better? I'm very new but am appreciating her damage.

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

The problem is, in my experience, shes too squishy to be on the front line, and her damage is too random that sometimes all you accomplish is increasing the rage on the other team. I mean you could stick her in the back row, but I had like 10 other idiots id rather have back there.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Tony Homo posted:

The best archer and the one I fear more going up against is Night Sentinal. He hits way hard and can wipe out a single toon in one round.

Dark a Paladin to me never seems to be a problem killing. He seems really squishy for some reason and Nether Knight hits hard and is hard to kill.

His purple skill helps with that. Sometimes he does get shredded, though.

Tony Homo posted:

Yeah, I was never all that impressed with her to begin with, especially after putting some work in Grimbow. She's definitely good early on for story mode, though.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Saturday guild boss is up. He doesn't do much damage and enrages after the 8th round, killing you instantly. You can only use each hero/angel once, and you have 3 tries, so plan your teams accordingly.

e: I got Night Stalker to 4* today. He does so much single target damage, it's amazing. Double Shot -> Ult can deal 30k+ to a similar-level Zweihander.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Niton posted:

He doesn't do much damage and enrages after the 8th round, killing you instantly

so just like every shadowfiend in my pub games that we crush in lane and then forget about.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Boozie posted:

vulturesrow posted:

Your first 10x pull (5k diamonds)

I did my first 10x pull after reading this and got 3* Hecate and uh Hecate owns. :stare:

Currently at lvl 39. Due to advise in this thread I'm running with 3* Hecate, 2* Berserker and Djinni, and 1* Grimbow and Soul Slinger and it's pretty baller. 2* Lunaria as well (about to get replaced by Nyssa).

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Rasczak posted:

I did my first 10x pull after reading this and got 3* Hecate and uh Hecate owns. :stare:

Currently at lvl 39. Due to advise in this thread I'm running with 3* Hecate, 2* Berserker and Djinni, and 1* Grimbow and Soul Slinger and it's pretty baller. 2* Lunaria as well (about to get replaced by Nyssa).

My only concern with my special snowflake 3* pull (Dark Paladin) is that I have no idea how to upgrade his star value. Hecate seems easier to upgrade (still more challenging than most, though) and a great tank.

Still, makes me want to develop another main tank other than Rose Knight and Dark Paladin in the event the latter's stats can't keep up without stars.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Elder Dwarf or Zweihander seem like good candidates for that, since both can be purchased through arena/guild shops.

Elder dwarf seems really good so far.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

quote:

Hecate does own, she's like the Swiss army knife of tanks. She's not as tough as most of the others but she makes up for it in damage, healing, and her row stun. The only real downside is you can't reliably pull pieces until chapters 11-12

I run Hecate, berserker, pyrona, djinni, and either grimbow or astral child 95% of the time in the arena and angel trial.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

From my limited experience with Hecate from merc usage, she's one of those heroes that you might want to consider dumping all of your tickets into and resetting once per day for more runs. She's real solid. Shame that those levels are a billion miles away.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Dreylad posted:

Elder Dwarf or Zweihander seem like good candidates for that, since both can be purchased through arena/guild shops.

Elder dwarf seems really good so far.

I used the Dwarf as a merc and he seems solid. I have been spending my guild bucks on Soul Slinger because I think he could work well given a bit of development. Perhaps I can swing both.

It's going to be a really long time before I can get Zweihander: I want to focus on Djinni. I also have just two archers; I am going to get to level 40 in the next day or so and I need more for the hero trial.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I'm pretty pleased with Elder Dwarf. Combos nicely off of Dark Paladin's ult. I could also see Valkyrie, Elder Dwarf, and Astral Child being obnoxious together.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So looking for comp build. My people so far:
Real quick.........everyone is AT LEAST Blue. Everyone. A few are currently Blue +1 and I'm pushing to +2 with a few that I'll make note of
3 star:
Nereida + 1
2 Star:
Berserker Claw + 1 Blue(once he hits lvl 44, once I hit 44, he'll be purple +2) 2 Star. He will be 3 Star tomorrow
Djinni 2 Star
Ekder Dwarf +1
Atalanta
Pyrona
Guardian
Rose Knight(a day or 2 away from 3 star)
1 Star:
Nightblade
Byron the Black
Green Archer
Shadowraith
Nether Knight
Mermaid

In the next day or 2 I will add, and powerlvl via potions from Guild stuff, Soul Slinger Valkyrie and King O' Bones
I will most likely switch focus quickly in Arena to Grimbow before trying to push Djinni to 3 star in a month or whatever

Do Soul Slinger Valkyrie Grimbow or King O Bones MUST HAVE for my "A" team?
Currently I run
Elder Dwarf, Berserker Claw Nereida up front
Pyrona and Djinni in the back
I will alternate Guardian, Rose Knight in as I get bored

Is that a suitable "A" team for questing/arena because so far it seems pretty drat solid? Elder Dwarf + Nereida gives the aoe against front/back Row. Pyrona/Bersereker has the single target nukes basically while Djinni + Nyssa keeps the health on the up and up

I am getting every new person to at least Blue with the new things that you need 3 comparable teams for defense/whatever and honestly I don't mind.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tiny Chalupa posted:

So looking for comp build. My people so far:
Real quick.........everyone is AT LEAST Blue. Everyone. A few are currently Blue +1 and I'm pushing to +2 with a few that I'll make note of
3 star:
Nereida + 1
2 Star:
Berserker Claw + 1 Blue(once he hits lvl 44, once I hit 44, he'll be purple +2) 2 Star. He will be 3 Star tomorrow
Djinni 2 Star
Ekder Dwarf +1
Atalanta
Pyrona
Guardian
Rose Knight(a day or 2 away from 3 star)
1 Star:
Nightblade
Byron the Black
Green Archer
Shadowraith
Nether Knight
Mermaid

In the next day or 2 I will add, and powerlvl via potions from Guild stuff, Soul Slinger Valkyrie and King O' Bones
I will most likely switch focus quickly in Arena to Grimbow before trying to push Djinni to 3 star in a month or whatever

Do Soul Slinger Valkyrie Grimbow or King O Bones MUST HAVE for my "A" team?
Currently I run
Elder Dwarf, Berserker Claw Nereida up front
Pyrona and Djinni in the back
I will alternate Guardian, Rose Knight in as I get bored

Is that a suitable "A" team for questing/arena because so far it seems pretty drat solid? Elder Dwarf + Nereida gives the aoe against front/back Row. Pyrona/Bersereker has the single target nukes basically while Djinni + Nyssa keeps the health on the up and up

I am getting every new person to at least Blue with the new things that you need 3 comparable teams for defense/whatever and honestly I don't mind.

I would say all your 2* heroes are worth leveling up, and in the 1* category, nether knight and mermaid should be leveled too. your current A team is pretty solid, but having grimbow for more damage wouldn't hurt. from the guild shop, all three are solid options. I really like astral child + djinni + nyssa for when I need to make my team "gently caress you" tanky

for angels, definitely focus on nyssa, and maybe take lunaria and glacia to 2* 40-45, but stop them there since at 55 you can start buying amora and alecta stones.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Current team members are:

Archer G+1, 1*
Mermaid G+1, 1*
Berserker Claw G+1, 2*
Nether Knight, G+1, 1*
Rose Knight, B, 2*
Pyrona, G+1, 2*
Atalanta, G+1, 2*
Blood Baroness, G, 2*

Vienna, 1*
Glacia, 1*

I'm currently lvl 33.

Waiting to save up 5k gems to get that 3* pull. Outside of that, what are my next best to acquire to round out my roster a little. Djinni I'm currently collecting shards for. I've not bought any shards from the guild shop and I just about have enough to buy one outright. Angel trials I'm waiting until lvl 40 to start working on buying Nyssa.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Glacia is currently 2 star, got her there while waiting to get to Nyssa
Nyssa is going to 2 star tonight. I plan to focus on her till I hit 50 and I'll start saving for the next big angel you got listed.

Thanks for the advice! I'll keep plugging away at trying to get shards every day from elite for all my stars
Long term goal for most of them but still I got a plan

Thanks again for the advice. Hopefully my next 10 pull gets me another 3 star

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Yudo posted:

My only concern with my special snowflake 3* pull (Dark Paladin) is that I have no idea how to upgrade his star value. Hecate seems easier to upgrade (still more challenging than most, though) and a great tank.

Basically you need to save for luxury feasts in the guild. Each is 1500 diamonds (less once we upgrade it via research) and you're guaranteed 1-5 dark paladin stones each time. It's the most reliable way to get them outside of when he randomly shows up in your daily super pull or the store.

edit: when he does show up in the super pull though, it's wonderful. the other day I got him and since I already had the hero it's 30 stones.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Basically you need to save for luxury feasts in the guild. Each is 1500 diamonds (less once we upgrade it via research) and you're guaranteed 1-5 dark paladin stones each time. It's the most reliable way to get them outside of when he randomly shows up in your daily super pull or the store.

edit: when he does show up in the super pull though, it's wonderful. the other day I got him and since I already had the hero it's 30 stones.

That strikes me as remarkably expensive. I bought the VIP card thing, and those 200 daily gems make the game much more fun to play. I don't have a problem IAPing a bit more from time to time (particularly if they bribe me with goodies), but 1500 for 1-5 stones is brutal. I guess I'll pray for an RNG miracle with my free pulls!

I also doubt that I will 10x pull any time soon: the stuff I have isn't terribly lovely (aside from my archers) and the arena and guild heroes can provide for a third team. Gems I feel are better spent whipping my roster into shape.

When I have some gold, I'll toss it into that research project. Thanks for the information regarding my precious 3*.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I would avoid 5k pulls except for the first one where you get a guaranteed 3*, and days like today where there's an event where you get 2500 gems for 10 rare pulls

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Yudo posted:

That strikes me as remarkably expensive. I bought the VIP card thing, and those 200 daily gems make the game much more fun to play. I don't have a problem IAPing a bit more from time to time (particularly if they bribe me with goodies), but 1500 for 1-5 stones is brutal. I guess I'll pray for an RNG miracle with my free pulls!

Ya it's tough. I'm generally top 3 in arena though, so I get 850-1250 extra gems each day which means I can generally do the feast for free every other day, sometimes every 3 days if I spend the gems on other stuff. If I didn't have that extra gem income I'd probably give up on him and use a different hero.

PS: Doing a luxury feast at 12:30 server.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
kinda annoyed 2 days ago tossed the last of a gift card i had laying around at the game so I could do the 10x pull and get the 2.5k refund....they charged the gift card
Did not receive the gems

I've contacted support given them all the info and currently just waiting. Going to be pretty drat annoyed if this isn't fixed before that refund goes away

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Refund?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

The current event gives you 2.5k diamonds back if you do a 10 pull. That's what he is referring to, I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
I had no idea that was happening. Thanks for the heads up.

• Locked thread