Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Philthy posted:

So.. Is the 1.04 PS4 patch the same as the 1.05 PC patch?

I want the better movement stuff. :(

Yes the movement stuff is in the new PS4 patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Has anybody found a decent mod that disables cut scenes when loading a saved game?

Also, the patch says something about improved horse handling. Does that mean Roche no longer comes to a complete stop every few feet now?

And what about Geralt's improved handling? Does it feel any different?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

GreatGreen posted:

Has anybody found a decent mod that disables cut scenes when loading a saved game?

Also, the patch says something about improved horse handling. Does that mean Roche no longer comes to a complete stop every few feet now?

And what about Geralt's improved handling? Does it feel any different?

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/66/

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Has there been a feminist outcry over the game yet?
Not advocating it, just wondering.

There'd be plenty of ammo:
the game takes place in sideboob county, strumpets are beckoning at every corner (strumpet is an amazingly funny word, by the way), whores need to take drugs to numb their emotional pain before serving their clients and then there's a even sword maiden in Skellige who let's you "sheathe" your "sword" :wink: after you defeat her in battle.
No dinner, no movie, just clang-clang, thank you m'am.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I think the patch broke some random novigrad sidequest(novigrad, closed city). I can't loot a desk but I can extinguish the candle - I think they disabled the wrong one.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

mcbexx posted:

the game takes place in sideboob county, strumpets are beckoning at every corner (strumpet is an amazingly funny word, by the way), whores need to take drugs to numb their emotional pain before serving their clients and then there's a even sword maiden in Skellige who let's you "sheathe" your "sword" :wink: after you defeat her in battle.

go away

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

theblackw0lf posted:

According to the guide, there are three main endings, with different variations. These are what determine the three main endings.

1. Drinking with Ciri

When does this happen? I missed out on that i think.

I got the ending where Ciri hangs out and learns how to witcher properly with Gerald and then he lives with Yennefer forever.

I always supported Ciri and let her make her own decisions, but in retrospect i totally maneuvered her away from her father also. If i could say that i did that only because i didn't trust his intentions and motives i'd be okay with it, but i totes also did it cause i wanted Ciri to myself, so i feel a bit bad about it. Being a witcher and being free meshes with what she says she wants throughout the game tho, being a empress does not, but still.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out

mcbexx posted:

Someone wrote an article saying "I love the game but there's no non-white characters and I'd love to see some PoC in games like this" and the world is currently outraged about it. Maybe once that dies down and the inclusion of PoC in games media stops being likened to including aliens and talking dogs someone will write about however the gender politics are hosed up.

Then we can hear about how having better female characters is like pretending the earth is flat and whatnot.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Lethemonster posted:

Someone wrote an article saying "I love the game but there's no non-white characters and I'd love to see some PoC in games like this" and the world is currently outraged about it. Maybe once that dies down and the inclusion of PoC in games media stops being likened to including aliens and talking dogs someone will write about however the gender politics are hosed up.

Then we can hear about how having better female characters is like pretending the earth is flat and whatnot.

it would be nice if video games weren't bad but they will always be bad and so will the people playing them, what else is new

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

Man sirens are annoying as gently caress, they are hyper-aggressive and spawn out of nowhere, if I wasn't playing on Easy and they did so little damage they'd be unbearable.

Have you done the Skellige quest that has you killing a giant? You can find a horn along the way that you can use as a tool (like the ghost lamp.) It makes sirens crash to the ground. Don't think you can use it in boats, but it's super handy on land. Doesn't work on harpies, though.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~

I love the late medieval styling of Nilfgaardian armor but what the hell is up with the gap at the thigh. I would prefer not to Witcher with my checkerboard boxers exposed.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Zoo06 posted:

Have you done the Skellige quest that has you killing a giant? You can find a horn along the way that you can use as a tool (like the ghost lamp.) It makes sirens crash to the ground. Don't think you can use it in boats, but it's super handy on land. Doesn't work on harpies, though.

Axii once upgraded wilk knock harpies out of the sky.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
You can knock flying enemies down with Aard too.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

And the crossbow.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So I spent 10k at the pellar buying all his loving glyph recipes and now I discover I can't combine a bunch of my lesser glyphs. Is this just a known bug? I have a ton of less glyphs of igni, but the crafting menu says I have 0.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yeah, I think something got hosed up because trying to make mutagens keeps telling me that too. It works if you drop the ones you've already got on the floor first.

e: wait, read your post wrong sorry, think I'm having a different problem

Actually, I don't want my first post about this game just to be bitching about problems I'm having. Game is wonderful, started doing stuff in Skellige now, liking it more than Velen and Novigrad, but they were good too. Also everything is super-pretty.

Oh, and Rock Trolls are the best.

e2: also I'm not colourblind, but I switched that option on to check, and I actually prefer it that way

McDragon fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jun 6, 2015

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Yrden turret also shoots down fliers that get near. Just quen up in case a a dive gets through then stand on the rune and coup de grace everything that gets zapped.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dongattack posted:

When does this happen? I missed out on that i think.

I got the ending where Ciri hangs out and learns how to witcher properly with Gerald and then he lives with Yennefer forever.

I always supported Ciri and let her make her own decisions, but in retrospect i totally maneuvered her away from her father also. If i could say that i did that only because i didn't trust his intentions and motives i'd be okay with it, but i totes also did it cause i wanted Ciri to myself, so i feel a bit bad about it. Being a witcher and being free meshes with what she says she wants throughout the game tho, being a empress does not, but still.

The choice is after the battle of Kaer Morhen, you can choose to drink with Ciri or have a snowball fight.

The post you quoted actually says this

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

gently caress the poo poo rear end swimming controls in this game.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
gently caress that Oreton trader, pulling out spies, heroes and Scorch... is there a list of card sharks with general difficulty, or do I have to bear with the guy and hope RNG favours my deck?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So I spent 10k at the pellar buying all his loving glyph recipes and now I discover I can't combine a bunch of my lesser glyphs. Is this just a known bug? I have a ton of less glyphs of igni, but the crafting menu says I have 0.

Unfortunately, glyphs that you find in the game aren't being counted for crafting, likely due to a bug. Only glyphs and runes that you craft from scratch count towards building the higher generation stuff.

It's super lame because you'll spend thousands in raw materials alone just to get the starting lesser runes and then building from there. Lowest I've found for powdered amber for Igni is ~250, for instance.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I had put the game down for a week due to some bugs that have been since resolved, and holy poo poo, combat is loving MURDERING me.

gently caress this poo poo.

:ohdear:
I'm gonna have to take it slow for a while.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Drifter posted:

I had put the game down for a week due to some bugs that have been since resolved, and holy poo poo, combat is loving MURDERING me.

gently caress this poo poo.

:ohdear:
I'm gonna have to take it slow for a while.
It gets easier once you get to 10/12'ish. I am using a sign build, and anything that I can light on fire (vast majority of things) is pretty much a cakewalk.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I'll appreciate the next game having a create-a-witcher option so that I can stop seeing Geralt nodding and talking like he knows poo poo while I'm sitting there going "what?"

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
I've just finished W3 on the English translation and I have to ask...

Is Dandelions voice really supposed to be that way? Is that the joke? That he considers himself a master story teller and sounds like the droning accountant who taught Financial Literacy in your third form year?

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Also the recipe for combining lesser red mutagens/red mutagens is flat-out gone in my game. Which is a shame, because drowners drop them like candy now.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

aardwolf posted:

Is Dandelions voice really supposed to be that way? Is that the joke? That he considers himself a master story teller and sounds like the droning accountant who taught Financial Literacy in your third form year?

he reminds me of a douche tv presenter like ryan seacrest on american idol

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

If I update to the latest patch, is it going to punish me for doing quests I outlevel by not giving me the xp for it?

I have to do all the quests.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

aardwolf posted:

I guess it depends on how he sounds in other languages? Considering you hear some of his poetry in W2 and it's loving awful I have always assumed that it's one of those funny plot elements where his talent is horrible to us but in-world he's some kind of Shakespere. Or (and I prefer this version) he's a terrible bard and story teller but he achieves fame anyway by dramatizing Geralt's various adventures, which make for more compelling work then anything he'd come up with on his own.

I think also it's partially real-world legacy. Across all three games I believe only Geralt, Zoltan, and Dandelion have had the same voice actor for each (I believe Triss got a different VA for W2/W3 but I can't be sure), so they probably wanted to keep the same VA if they could possibly help it.

I like his voice, personally! Sure it's horribly out of place but you sort of get used to it. I was very relieved when it turns out the voice over on the loading screens is apparently an Old Dandelion retelling the tale at some far future point. Is this even a spoiler?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

aardwolf posted:

Do you mean his narration or his in game voice? His narration is him when he's way, way older.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

The one thing that is kind of niggling though: are there any non-white NPCs in this game or is it literally just all white people?

Skeezy posted:

All white folks in the game which is a little unfortunate.

The Polish experience of race relations is different from the American experience. :ssh:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
It's true, we don't get many of the Elder Race over in the states.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Sankis posted:

Do you mean his narration or his in game voice? His narration is him when he's way, way older.

Woops. I should have specified. Yeah, I was thinking of his narration when I wrote that.

Meiteron posted:

I like his voice, personally! Sure it's horribly out of place but you sort of get used to it. I was very relieved when it turns out the voice over on the loading screens is apparently an Old Dandelion retelling the tale at some far future point. Is this even a spoiler?

My problem is it doesn't sound like there is any emotion or interest in his voice. I feel his tone would better fit some office worker forced to dictate corporate share prices or quarterly reports rather than an experienced and popular bard expounding on the exploits of his old friend.

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005

aardwolf posted:

Woops. I should have specified. Yeah, I was thinking of his narration when I wrote that.

My problem is it doesn't sound like there is any emotion or interest in his voice. I feel his tone would better fit some office worker forced to dictate corporate share prices or quarterly reports rather than an experienced and popular bard expounding on the exploits of his old friend.

Yeah the old Dandelion narration dude is terrible, I'm on my second play through now and I just couldn't bear to hear him anymore. Fortunately there's a mod for that!

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Was the exp glitch really fixed? Playing on PS4 and quests I'm overlevelled for are just giving me 5 exp when finished.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

el oso posted:

Was the exp glitch really fixed? Playing on PS4 and quests I'm overlevelled for are just giving me 5 exp when finished.

Working as intended. The XP glitch was if all quests gave you 0 XP.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I am kind of getting bored of flamethrowering everything to death. For people who have tried it, is light armor and light attack more fun, or heavy armor and heavy attack? I was kind of thinking of switching into a heavy armor combat/alchemy setup.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Is there a way to play this in Polish with English subtitles? In the language section I only see options to change the text but not the voice acting.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

GreenBuckanneer posted:

If I update to the latest patch, is it going to punish me for doing quests I outlevel by not giving me the xp for it?

I have to do all the quests.

You're a real piece of work GreenBuckaneer. Maybe helping people is its own reward?

Spikeguy posted:

Is there a way to play this in Polish with English subtitles? In the language section I only see options to change the text but not the voice acting.

If you have it on Steam, you have to go into properties>language and set it to a new language to make it download the audio archives. Don't worry, it will retain the English files.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So does no one know?