Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tunicate posted:

Well, that makes my engineers even worse than they were. Thanks, cryptic.
I dunno what you're talking about, I love slotting a trait to make my sole offensive ability functional! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

Violent Kitten posted:

He removed the bit about being a volunteer mod from his sig.

Well he is on probation so he isn't a mod ATM.

Also geko was apprently bored today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M0sgKHRH8g

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...
Nandi Battle Mode is, visually, a bit disappointing, though the changes are as subtle as those on the D'Kora. Not sure why I was expecting more Chimera/DSD-level changes.

Tuskin38 posted:

Well he is on probation so he isn't a mod ATM.

Also geko was apprently bored today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M0sgKHRH8g
Should I be disappointed the hallways aren't insanely oversized to allow the camera to be at a more optimal angle?

Lorak fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 4, 2015

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
I should be a volunteer mod.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
A goon in the wildstar thread managed to get a mod position in the wildstar subreddit with the application "I don't play this game, so I'd be an impartial mod".

So anything is possible. Dream big.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Lorak posted:

Nandi Battle Mode is, visually, a bit disappointing, though the changes are as subtle as those on the D'Kora. Not sure why I was expecting more Chimera/DSD-level changes.
Oh? Have a screenshot? I was going to get one day one, but then Cryptic went and made it so you couldn't use pearls, and gently caress spending lobi to rush it. :effort:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

They broke last year's outfit, looks like.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

They improved last year's outfit, looks like.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

MikeJF posted:

They broke last year's outfit, looks like.

Nice floods. Now your ankles will never get wet!

Edit: STO guy posts about office, Butts suddenly feels the suicide rate rising in the office.
https://twitter.com/CaptainGeko/status/606563940324089856

BombermanX fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 5, 2015

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Well now, somebody's just a little bitter:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=24173661&postcount=1

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=24170981&postcount=77

And just because the posts won't survive long enough for anyone to see them:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

that's really out of hand. it's a dumb game about spaceships. why do they always make it personal?

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Acer Pilot posted:

that's really out of hand. it's a dumb game about spaceships. why do they always make it personal?

He's still going:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=24174021&postcount=1

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Why is this so funny?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=24173611&postcount=80

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

LordCo posted:

Well now, somebody's just a little bitter:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=24173661&postcount=1

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=24170981&postcount=77

And just because the posts won't survive long enough for anyone to see them:

What the gently caress

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

I guess someone got banned and took it a bit personally, then signed back in for some payback.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

There are worse playerbases than STO's, but few that are more hilariously horrible. :wtc:

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

And just as quickly as it began, it ends. But not before he fires off a few more posts:

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
I think Trendy outed the guy's main account on Twitter. Hausofmartok ring any bells for anyone?

LaughingTrendy posted:

Hey! I found you! Hausofmartok! Silly, we banned one of your accounts! Did you really think I wasn't smart enough to find you again? :D

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
That's stalking. Ban Trendy.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
So wow, guess the was too retarded to use a proxy when making a burner account specifically to insult a community manager who has access to all the IP address logs. Clearly a misunderstood genius.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

DonDoodles posted:

I think Trendy outed the guy's main account on Twitter. Hausofmartok ring any bells for anyone?

I am really starting to respect Trendy. That's gold.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
It's pretty obvious that the gloves are off with Trendy and have been since this forums mess started. She's taking liberties with her "personal" twitter account that would, if posted on any official forum/account, would get anyone else banned or sacked. Probably not the best long-term strategy, but she hardly seems to care at the moment.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

This was a hilarious break from the bluegeek poo poo.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Who in the world uses the term "twig and berries"?

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

DonDoodles posted:

It's pretty obvious that the gloves are off with Trendy and have been since this forums mess started. She's taking liberties with her "personal" twitter account that would, if posted on any official forum/account, would get anyone else banned or sacked. Probably not the best long-term strategy, but she hardly seems to care at the moment.
The game's probably going to be actually dead before long instead of only effectively dead, she may as well go out with a bang.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Cutedge posted:

Who in the world uses the term "twig and berries"?

It's a perfectly cromulent term and has been used in England for as long as the language has been around.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I'm English and although I recognise it I've never seen it used anywhere other than on SA.

ayrsayle
Jan 5, 2013

Aleth posted:

I'm English and although I recognise it I've never seen it used anywhere other than on SA.

First time I saw it was in Terry Pratchett's "Going Postal" used by some old coot character, I hadn't seen it used anywhere else. So maybe the guy is a Discworld fan.

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

LordCo posted:

And just as quickly as it began, it ends. But not before he fires off a few more posts:

"There is also some who believe that Al Rivera can only have an orgasm while wearing a replica Geordi LaForge visor. Some say that Geordi's over acting and general lack of acting skill are what he thinks about while thrusting."

:stare:

This is entirely way more funny than it should be. Pretty lovely of him about Trendy though, she seems really cool.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
I think he likes Penny Arcade. That's their kind of joke.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

NurhacisUrn posted:

general lack of acting skill

That motherfucker best take a step back, talking about LeVar like that.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

Korgan posted:

It's a perfectly cromulent term and has been used in England for as long as the language has been around.

I'd agree with you if I knew what the hell cromulent meant or had the energy to look it up. Honestly, the term reminds me of a spa scene in 'Spartucus' that discussed oysters and snails.

Having said that, nice meltdown and thanks for all that captured that before it was unposted.

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

Defiance Industries posted:

That motherfucker best take a step back, talking about LeVar like that.

No poo poo! LeVar taught me to read and appreciate the value of a good book. To be fair though, he was the only engineer that didn't go to engineering.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

It's safe to say anyone not down with Levar Burton is a bad person.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Speaking of bad people, look who decided to come back to STO:

quote:

[Zone] Nbreeki@nabreeki: the party amps were better before the nullifiers tbh

quote:

[Tell] Diamond@Triangulum_Phoenix: NO THEY WEREN'T YOU MONSTER

And it didn't take long for him to try and maneuver his way back to relevancy:

quote:

[Tell] Diamond@Triangulum_Phoenix: lets have another war

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Who is this person and why are they speaking as if they know us?

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Psycho Landlord posted:

One of the many degenerates from Drozana that took offense to party poppers and disco balls. Ran HOBO, had a huge meltdown over NoPPS because he was charging millions of EC for starbase access. Maxed out numerous credit lines to get the HOBO starbase to T5. Massive source of entertainment.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

faxmachine posted:

One of the many degenerates from Drozana that took offense to party poppers and disco balls. Ran HOBO, had a huge meltdown over NoPPS because he was charging millions of EC for starbase access. Maxed out numerous credit lines to get the HOBO starbase to T5. Massive source of entertainment.

Destroyed his plans of becoming a space Donald Trump of sorts, insuring his continued usage of the bathtub on laundry day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Psycho Landlord posted:

Exactly what I was wondering!

• Locked thread